Old 08-08-2011, 12:38 PM   #201
Holly.88

How Do You Identify?:
Male and Unc to my God Son
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, he, and 'hey, handsome' :P
Relationship Status:
She said "Yes!"

Holly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST ReputationHolly.88 Has the BEST Reputation

I dress for comfort first, fashion second, weather third. That's not to say that I have some terrible sense of fashion though. Depending on the weather, you can find me in any combination of the following:

Straight leg jeans, never baggy
T-shirts, from band tees to everything else
Solid color polos
Knee length shorts, once again never baggy
Plain ole brown boots/flip flops/Converse
One of my many fitted caps

If I'm going somewhere that I need to look a little more put together I'll wear a nice pair of jeans/khakis/or other slacks, a button up shirt, sleeves always rolled up, a nice or new polo, maybe a tie.
Holly.88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Holly.88 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #202
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Depends on the job and occassion. Lately my fashion choice of clothing consists of variety of jeans in different blues loose fitting. (Lucky, Wrangler, Sean Jean, Dickies, Silver Tab). Graphic T-Shirts, polos, button down shirts long and short sleeve. I have a couple pairs of nice black pants and tan pants,dress shirts, sweaters, and a few ties. A dockers black jacket. A pair of black shoes, a couple pair of brown leather shoes, a pair of roper boots, a couple pairs of flip flops, different colors of cargo shorts, basketball shorts, and jean shorts. Got to have a variety of sneakers in different colors (Nike and DC). All kinds of ball caps with sports teams and brand name logos, a couple cowboy hats. My favorite places to shop are American Eagle, Aeropostale, Kohls, Ross, and Brass Buckle. My hair style and cut changes everytime I get a haircut to short, mid length, spiky, faux hawk, straight. Gotta have some paste or wax to put in it. I'm a dude that enjoys a day of shopping!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #203
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation

I wish butches dressed like this... Damn good. Ugh! I love the 1920's gangster look on a woman...

P.S. This is a real photo from way back when of butches n femmes.
No day but today!"
AlphaDrug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #204
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

AlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST ReputationAlphaDrug Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Anise View Post
This has been a really interesting thread, and if any butches out there...you know...Felt the need to post some "fashion" pictures...I think that would totally be okay...Just sayin'.
I totaly second this statement!!
No day but today!"
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #205
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDrug View Post
I wish butches dressed like this... Damn good. Ugh! I love the 1920's gangster look on a woman...

P.S. This is a real photo from way back when of butches n femmes.
Butch Femme Socials of Oakland/SF did theme party and guess what it was?? You got it...Mafia time. The femmes were frigging stunning in everything from flappers to....oh wait this is the butch fashion thread........us butches looked pretty good ourselves.....

and no I'm not sure where the pictures are......I'll look
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM   #206
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughy View Post
Butch Femme Socials of Oakland/SF did theme party and guess what it was?? You got it...Mafia time. The femmes were frigging stunning in everything from flappers to....oh wait this is the butch fashion thread........us butches looked pretty good ourselves.....

and no I'm not sure where the pictures are......I'll look
I probably would have been drooling. o.o

...and I have the most awesome flapper outfit ever. T_T Need to have one of these parties down here in MD. Sadly it would be a bunch of dumb shit Baltimore Hons...
No day but today!"
Old 08-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #207
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation

I tend to notice shoes, but that's because I love shoes. Also, the haircut. And yes, definitely notice how those blue jeans fit But to me, if the smile is genuine, the kind of smile that lights up their eyes, everything else is accessories

Meanwhile, I'm loving this thread. Maybe I'll be more help to my butch sweetie next time we're shopping for something she needs. Keep talking! You're educating the populace *LOL*

(or at least this girly girl)
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #208
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Checking around in here for ideas. I have recently gone through some changes that give me the opportunity to reinvent myself as far as appearance goes. I used to (quite a while ago) dress in highly tailored very good quality suits for business and sort of sweatshirts and jeans for around the house and hiking/outdoor gear for well, hiking. Then I went back to school and changed careers to something that doesn't care what I wear, became morbidly obese, and sort of lost my sense of self along the way. I have now dropped most of the weight and have to make some choices about how I want to look now that I can fit into things I like. Times have changed, I have aged, and not being especially social, I don't really see or frankly notice what people wear anymore. I like to be comfortable yet presentable and my outlook on acquisition of material items has changed, preferring to scour about in thrift shops instead of designer digs. So far I am sticking to mostly jeans and trousers with sweaters or no logo t-shirts and button downs in long and short sleeves. I am however a stickler for quality fabrics and workmanship, and now that I can, I seek things that fit very well. Most of what I am actually wearing right now is summer attire, structured shorts just above the knee and decent polos or thin sweaters when the beach gets chilly. I don't want too many items, just what will get me through. If anyone has suggestions for must have basic staples, I would appreciate the advice. Kind of just don't want to frighten children on the street sort of thing, lol, my crew cut already confuses folks.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:17 AM   #209
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

I'll be honest as much as I love the 1920's tailored gangster look, it's not super practical for the times we live in. Something about a girl in baggy pants or cargo shorts, skater shoes and a tighter fitting top just gets to me. I love a dyke with big belt buckles, weird I know, but it's hot, and not those annoying western cowboy buckles either. I tend to prefer girls of the punk-rock nature, piercings, a mohawk or fauxhawk is very nice.

It's funny because I love when a girl's boxers are showing just the smallest bit from her jeans... it was hott to me, but if I saw a guy with his boxers showing, and it annoys the crap out of me and I have a strong desire to give him a wedgie... still not sure why I feel that way...
No day but today!"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlphaDrug For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #210
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

A friend & neighbor of mine is having a "period" birthday party for herself- she's turning 60. People have the option of dressing like they did in the
1960's. Kind of a fun idea.

For me, that was a time of political activism and I almost had a "uniform"-
501's (very well worn) with hiking boots and denim work shirts (sometimes with USA flag pockets). Too funny to think about this.

Ah, geez.....
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #211
AlphaDrug

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
A friend & neighbor of mine is having a "period" birthday party for herself- she's turning 60. People have the option of dressing like they did in the
1960's. Kind of a fun idea.

For me, that was a time of political activism and I almost had a "uniform"-
501's (very well worn) with hiking boots and denim work shirts (sometimes with USA flag pockets). Too funny to think about this.

Ah, geez.....
Pictures!!
No day but today!"
Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #212
AlexHunter

How Do You Identify?:
With a greeting and a handshake, typically
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

AlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST ReputationAlexHunter Has the BEST Reputation

Insomnia has inspired me to dig up this dead thread.

I'm hugely into my clothes. I say it's because I was forced to wear articles of female clothing when I was younger and the memories were so scarring that I never grew tired of the liberation.

I like to tell people I dress as nice as I can, as often as possible. I weave between dapper, sharp, and spiffy to male rockstar to country boy and everything in between.

I'm rarely casual. I put as much thought into my wardrobe as some of the femmes I've dated. -Chuckles-

I wear vests, button-ups, skinny ties, band shirts, graphic t's, blazers, leather jackets, skinny or straight cut jeans made of dark denim, ripped jeans, v-neck t-shirts, muscle shirts, Western shirts and other forms of plaid, oxfords, dress boots, Harley boots, combat boots, Doc Martens, Converse, Vans, chains, leather belts, studded belts, and the occasional wrist cuff or ring.

I have a collection of fedoras. My tie collection is bigger.

I wear suits when the occasion allows for it. I definitely love wearing them... sometimes with a tie tack and/or a pocket watch.

I like for my clothes to fit me properly. Baggy clothes make me look like I'm in middle school or something. I'm lucky to be the size I am because I have no problem finding men's clothes that work for me.

Oh, AlphaDrug, sometimes I wear belts with big, ostentatious buckles, too.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." -Oscar Wilde
AlexHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlexHunter For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2012, 07:33 AM   #213
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

There is nothing like a great haircut on a butch...

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #214
MarineCorps1

How Do You Identify?:
queer/boi

MarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST ReputationMarineCorps1 Has the BEST Reputation

Camo, combat boots, metal t-shirts. Ripped-up denim and motorcycle jackets. Flannel when it's cold.
MarineCorps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MarineCorps1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #215
Nerdboi

How Do You Identify?:
Andro/Soft Butch/Genderqueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi
Relationship Status:
Single

Nerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST Reputation

V-neck shirts, slim fit mens clothing from Aramani Exchange, love chain wallets, love wearing my nike sneakers, all about gym shorts and gym clothes which I'm mainly in, or boys sweat pants, not to mention spiderman or superman pj pants rock too. Style varies with my mood I guess. Oh and I love my torn up hoodie I have worn for about 3 years now. Can't go wrong with a good hoodie.
Nerdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nerdboi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 AM   #216
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile My standard outfit

When I'm class/lab:

men's khakis w/belt over boxer-briefs, wife-beater under button up shirt.

Just chilling outfit:

jeans+boxer-briefs and t-shirt.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #217
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Overalls with T's is my favorite butch attire in the slop hole, and when my limo driver drops me back home, sometimes I wear Gucci suits to lay around in. I always wear Reeboks DMX shoes because my podiatrist said they are the best for my feet, and she was right. I love/buy/wear men's wool vests, sweaters, shirts, pants, coats, and scarves in the spring, fall and winter.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #218
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

I love a nice fitted suit, lighter quality material... black or charcoal with with a narrow tie. But day to day it jeans (usually Helix or Urban Pipeline) and button ups or nicer hoodies.... ankle boots or Vans depending....

And of course any excuse to wear a tux is a good excuse ... sweet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #219
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
When I'm class/lab:

men's khakis w/belt over boxer-briefs, wife-beater under button up shirt.

Just chilling outfit:

jeans+boxer-briefs and t-shirt.
I'm feeling nice today....and before someone rips your head off....

that term in red up there....how about calling it an under-shirt or an A-shirt or any other term that works......wife-beater is ugly word and has connotations no one here likes.....

I wear them all the time and call it an A shirt.....
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #220
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Toughy! Man, I step on toes alot here. I think "tank top" is a innocuous description of the article of clothing in question.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post: