How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

My co-worker....she was 20 minutes late last week. I politely said... "oh that's ok" and apparently she took it to mean she can be 20 minutes late EVERY time....
Old 07-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #1062
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
My co-worker....she was 20 minutes late last week. I politely said... "oh that's ok" and apparently she took it to mean she can be 20 minutes late EVERY time....
Time to keep a log of her late time.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #1063
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

issues with my 401 ....
I'm spit fire angry!! I've been waiting since the beginning of last month for them to fix this. Get ready, 'cause if my phone call this morning doesn't resolve things, I'll be driving up to the main office to receive my money in person. To hell with this shit of waiting months and chasing down mail then being told I have to wait 10 more days to cancel the first check and re-mail another one.
Why the hell they can't direct deposit like my payroll is beyond me.
I haven't been this angry in a LONG time!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #1064
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

The heat! That is what pissed me off today!

I had such a hard time sleeping last night due the heat.
In london in summer it can get hot. Mind you it only gets as hot as
the mid 80's, but for us that is hot! As we arent use to it. I am really pissed off over being hot and icky.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:06 AM   #1065
MsBluem

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine ones are fine
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 1,845 Times in 372 Posts
MsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST ReputationMsBluem Has the BEST Reputation

my kiddo's mouth. She seems to think she runs the show today...
Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #1066
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Hearing about a wonderful soul food place that has kick ass jerk chicken, driving nearly an hour to get there, only to find the place has closed....yeah that burned my biscuit. We had to settle for mediocre chinese...sigh...
Old 07-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #1067
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

I'm keeping up with my workouts but I can't seem
to stop myself from eating junk so I'm getting nowhere....grrr!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #1068
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

While carrying some wash to the laundry room, I dropped one of my VERY favorite blouses...in the mopping bucket.....which had bleach in it.....

yet another sign from god that cleaning is BAD!

That, and I accidentally killed a spider that was living under my stove... I think the bleach got on him...he just curled up and died after making a frantic exit from under the stove....sigh....I buried him in the garden...
Old 07-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #1069
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post

yet another sign from god that cleaning is BAD!

That, and I accidentally killed a spider that was living under my stove... I think the bleach got on him...he just curled up and died after making a frantic exit from under the stove....sigh....I buried him in the garden...
Gee.. Are you sure you did'nt bury it alive? The other day, I got pissed at a black ant that was crawling on my leg, and slapped it, then wiped it off. I saw it was curled up real dead, but felt bad. Sooo.. I got down on the ground, and very gently petted it, and prayed with all my might to heal it. I kept breathing the word Heal on it, and slowly.. it uncurled, then it struggled to raise it's little head, then.. it slowly put one front leg out, and then the other front leg, then one back leg out, and then the other, until lo.. it was finially able to stand up, and then it walked away!
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #1070
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Facebook, and myself, because I can be so wimpy.

I'm getting really close to defriending anyone who posts anything but pictures of cats, Russia, and Ireland. I hate the thought of taking the whole thing down completely.

This time, it was a "friend"-you know, one of those people you knew back in Flintstone days and somehow reconnected with. I didn't even know her that well back then, and I am amazed at the beliefs she supports now.

She posted a link to an article that boils down to "Round up all the _______ and send them back where they came from". The comments beneath it were what you might read in America regarding the Irish, ca. 1890; the Chinese, ca. 1920; Eastern Europeans ca. 1920's; and Latinos today (all lumped under "Mexicans"). There were a few "Stop all immigration except for our kind of people" comments, too.

England (where the story in the article took place) is a terrific polyglot of cultures and faiths. In fact, the British Isles' history is of settlement by waves of people from somewhere else, peacefully or otherwise. I think it's safe to say that the commenters aren't indigenous peoples from the area.

What's ironic is that she herself is Eastern European, and whose homeland was overrun by Hitler and then the Soviet Union. She grew up in the U.S. but returned to her country of origin, where I admit there is apparently a lot of ethnic and religious tension. Be that as it may, it took several trips to the kitchen and to the bathroom so I wouldn't write "J., you're an immigrant yourself, both ways!" I know that would lead to an unproductive argument.

Or should I say that, even if I'm defriended? It might be worth it just to have my say. I don't know.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:23 AM   #1071
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
What's ironic is that she herself is Eastern European, and whose homeland was overrun by Hitler and then the Soviet Union. She grew up in the U.S. but returned to her country of origin, where I admit there is apparently a lot of ethnic and religious tension. Be that as it may, it took several trips to the kitchen and to the bathroom so I wouldn't write "J., you're an immigrant yourself, both ways!" I know that would lead to an unproductive argument.

Or should I say that, even if I'm defriended? It might be worth it just to have my say. I don't know.
It seems to me that if you ask the question rather than make the statement, she really has nothing to be angry about.
For example...J, aren't you an immigrant? I thought I recalled you saying that your family was from XYZ.
I could be wrong. It was just a thought.

What's she gonna say to that?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #1072
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

While with my Sunday evening client...

My lady is confined to bed for an indefinite time period.... Her neighbors have been mooching off of her for YEARS... My agency has put an end to that, thankfully.

The neighbor lady came over today to get things out of my client's basement that she's been storing there...I had JUST gotten there...and the tv in the living room was on...it was on when I got there...(nascar was on)

This woman is from the south...and I know from living there...they can tear you up and you won't even know it SOoo she looks at the tv and says that it's too bad that the cable is only available in the living room and not in my lady's room....and that having cable is only doing US (PCAs) good

I told her I didn't take a liking to anything much down south except for sweet tea and boiled peanuts...and nascar is certainly not MY thing....

It was a bunch of malarky....but I had to give it back a little bit....we hardly sit on our asses and watch tv....and come to find out...she used to come over and insist our client liked to watch certain shows with her when she didn't. She just didn't have cable of her own....
Old 07-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #1073
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

nuthin', nada, zilch...
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #1074
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am terribly sad that justice was not served in the Trayvon Martin case.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 AM   #1075
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
Facebook, and myself, because I can be so wimpy.

I'm getting really close to defriending anyone who posts anything but pictures of cats, Russia, and Ireland. I hate the thought of taking the whole thing down completely.

This time, it was a "friend"-you know, one of those people you knew back in Flintstone days and somehow reconnected with. I didn't even know her that well back then, and I am amazed at the beliefs she supports now.

She posted a link to an article that boils down to "Round up all the _______ and send them back where they came from". The comments beneath it were what you might read in America regarding the Irish, ca. 1890; the Chinese, ca. 1920; Eastern Europeans ca. 1920's; and Latinos today (all lumped under "Mexicans"). There were a few "Stop all immigration except for our kind of people" comments, too.

England (where the story in the article took place) is a terrific polyglot of cultures and faiths. In fact, the British Isles' history is of settlement by waves of people from somewhere else, peacefully or otherwise. I think it's safe to say that the commenters aren't indigenous peoples from the area.

I understand the desire to let it go and oftentimes, there are so many of these smaller occurrences of -ism that happen daily to many of us. I know I've been there. However, imo, standing by silently is akin to condoning it.

So, for myself, I'd do something. Either speak to her about it (either publicly or privately) with the intention of moving forward in your friendship or defriend her and let her know why.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 AM   #1076
Bad_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Transman (male)
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His ect.
Relationship Status:
Handsome bastard.

Tournaments Won: 1

Thanked 1,824 Times in 499 Posts
Bad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST ReputationBad_boi Has the BEST Reputation

People confusing white knights and nice guys. FUCKING HELL. If you are going to bitch and demonize people be clear who you are actually demonizing.
Bad_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_boi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #1077
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Having vandals on my property. I live in a gated community and I have to have this? I know it's a derterrent, but so is my porch light and the street light.

Just a huge violation into my space!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #1078
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

My employer....

She wants DAILY updates on my morning (6 days a week) client....even though her daily routine doesn't vary in the least except for appointments. (This is as it should be with her particular needs.)
You would THINK a woman with my boss' background would get that....and stop wasting my time with this trivial shit that she doesn't do for ANY OTHER CLIENT....
Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #1079
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniqueswtfemm View Post
Having vandals on my property. I live in a gated community and I have to have this? I know it's a derterrent, but so is my porch light and the street light.

Just a huge violation into my space!
Even more pissed off. After the sun went down, said porch lights got turned on, and one was unscrewed. Little mother f*ckers!!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2013, 11:26 PM   #1080
lusciouskiwi

How Do You Identify?:
femme lesbian feminist
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything except for "aunty"
Relationship Status:
Happy with my butch.

Thanked 9,096 Times in 1,899 Posts
lusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputationlusciouskiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Landlady sent me a letter telling me I have to be out by Aug 31st. Our contract doesn't end until the end of Sept. Have to find somewhere to live for one month.

Landlady KNOWS the job finishes end of September.

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinions of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself. Face the truth. Katherine Mansfield

Motivate yourself or be miserable. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. Wayne Dyer
lusciouskiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lusciouskiwi For This Useful Post: