Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP BUMP BUMP!

Okay y'all more responses, I am anxious to see how relationships with our mom's carry over into the relationships with our partners.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 08:23 PM   #82
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ...

My relationship with my mom was very special.She was giving and caring. She always said "if you give something.. do not have strings attached".We cared for her for until she pasted 4 yrs later from dementia related issues.I miss her and ALOT of my character traits/beliefs are from her... and yes my dad too.

She had old school politeness and charitable beliefs.

I miss her.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #83
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

My mom and I have a great relationship. I consider her a friend. We are very much alike in looks and personality.

We take an annual Mother-Daughter trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the Induction. And usually have a couple other adventures throughout the year.

Our relationship isn't perfect, by any means. And she struggled at first when I came out. We still don't always see eye to eye on the way I dress. But I wouldn't change things for the world.
Old 03-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #84
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

Whether you are a butch or femme or a polka dotted green alien, families are a shit show.... Anyone in here feels like they're "normal"? I don't ... fucked up shit! lol
Old 03-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #85
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

In my family I never knew what wasn't disfuntional (?) cause all my cousins has the same issues with there parents as I did, all the siblings from my mothers family had some kind of mental thing going. One minute all was just fine then the next it was hells bells ducking then running for cover, my uncles were the somewhere back in the feudal days 300 years ago, the women were not meek nor mild but had some bad issue with sex that none of us cousins could figure out. It went from "don't touch me ever" or its cause "I have to"
sex was never talked about.My gram had 12 kids and raised 8.
Mom hated men I have no idea how I ever came to be. We had times we got along pretty well but mostly I did all I could to just to stay gone. No matter where I went or who I was with I knew I was going to have to give her a total list of what and where we all went and what went on no matter who did what ever, even what the adults did. It was like there were multiple personalities involved hear, at work or away from home she was a total diferent person it depended who she was with and what was going on. When times were good it was like walking through a mine field wondering what was going to set the next boom off. Thank goodness I didn't get what ever she got.. a beautiful mind was a big waist.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2016, 09:47 PM   #86
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

Nope, she was not a good mom. I can only take her in small doses.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #87
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

My mother is a good enough mother. She chooses to pretend things are always good and has no idea who I actually am. She thinks I'm a terribly selfish person because I chose not to include her in why I do things and let her think what she wants because of it. I needed her when I was in my early 30s - abusive relationship, lost job, 30 year old best friend dying of cancer, money problems, etc. etc. etc. - all she could say to me was she couldn't afford to help me. Thing was, I never asked her for help. Not once. I just needed someone I loved to tell me everything was going to be okay - even if it wasn't. I pretty much realized I had no one to talk to or rely on that day. I've never forgotten or forgiven that, and I doubt I will.

She's more interested in being right than she is in not cutting someone to the bone. She knows I dated men and women equally and my current partner is a woman, but she merely gets this pained look and pretends it doesn't exist and no one will ever find out, so it's all good. What people think matters more to her than most things do. Her mother taught her that.

She was a wonderful mother when we were young. My brother isn't complicated and hasn't had a complicated life. She's a good mother to him still. She loves me. I love her. She's a good enough mother to me now. But that's all she'll ever be - good enough.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:16 AM   #88
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mother

I think I had the best mother anyone could ever wish for. I never saw her take more than a sip of wine at special occasions, she never smoked, she never swore , she never hit us and she never yelled at us. My mother and father were married 64 years until he passed. My mother passed 5 yrs after him and I miss them both very much. We had good parents and we are thankful for that every day. When I lost my mother I lost part of my heart and I am blessed to have had her.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2016, 02:20 PM   #89
Barb42

How Do You Identify?:
Soft butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatever..
Relationship Status:
SINGLE

Barb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST ReputationBarb42 Has the BEST Reputation

My mother is & was a great mother.. As a child she was always there for me cheering me on,conforting me or running me place to place day after day(even while working 2-jobs.) As an adult my mother has still been my number 1 supporter no matter what.. The day I came out to my mom was easier then I could ever imagiane..(trying not to jump out of the moving car) I scaredly told her we needed to talk as I started telling her she looked @ me & said " I love you no matter who you choose to love & I already knew.. So take me to eat im hungry"... I LOVE MY MOMMA DEARLY
Old 07-08-2016, 11:42 AM   #90
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mom

My mom is so sweet, she is driving me to and from a little out patient procedure next week. What would I do without mom?

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2016, 06:57 PM   #91
NitroChrys_Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

NitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Whether you are a butch or femme or a polka dotted green alien, families are a shit show.... Anyone in here feels like they're "normal"? I don't ... fucked up shit! lol
My family isn't perfect but they are a wonderful group of people. Each has their little quirks but I have to say that I am very blessed to have a family that is very supportive. My family is "normal" . I have two very loving parents, siblings with whom I get along with very well except for My opinionated self *SMIRKS* but I do have to say I have a wonderful family and I love them dearly. My family is no where close to a "shit show" as you put it.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:04 PM   #92
NitroChrys_Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Married

NitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST ReputationNitroChrys_Butch Has the BEST Reputation

My mother is an amazing woman. She has done the majority of the raising of Myself and My sibilings; making 5 females. My father worked long hours and we were usually in bed by the time he got home more evenings that not. My old man never had a son so thank goodness one of My sisters and I got some "butch genes" somewhere because he refers to us as his sons. Which makes Me very proud. One of my siblings died in a car accident when hy was very young. Yes, hy. Our family had two butches. HOW lucky was that!? LOL
My mother is very sweet and loving and although she is a force to be reckoned with she is not a screamer or a hitter. She will pinch on occasion if she catches one of us off-guard. She is loving and caring and would do anything for any one of us. Coming out to her was easy. I think watching her with My father showed me what a woman expected from a man/partner. My father always put her first. He would surprise her constantly with flowers or small gestures to let her know he was thinking of her. She showed us all that a woman expected to be cherished by a man/partner. She has always worked but she was always made sure we came first before anything else.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:34 PM   #93
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Right now my relationship with my birth mother is estranged. My adoptive mother is another story, we have our issues which do carry over into my current relationship. I see a pattern but have no clue how to fix it. But my families are a shit storm for sure.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #94
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

We talk when needed. We also do things for each other when needed. There's no 'I love you's" or hugs since around 10 years old. But we get along okay.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:54 PM   #95
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

My Mom and I get along better now than we did when I was little, of course we DO live in different states and don't see each other that much....... She has finally accepted the fact that I'm a lesbian, and that my spouse is around her age. We didn't speak for years because of those two things. I was always closer to her Mother, my Nana.
Old 07-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #96
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
My Mom and I get along better now than we did when I was little, of course we DO live in different states and don't see each other that much....... She has finally accepted the fact that I'm a lesbian, and that my spouse is around her age. We didn't speak for years because of those two things. I was always closer to her Mother, my Nana.
Does you mother have major issues with your partner being around your mom's age?

I am curious because both my mom's didn't like the fact I dated someone who was older then me at one time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2016, 05:53 PM   #97
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

What a curious question. Is the some theory between being butch and one's relationship with mom??

In my case, mom's gone and we never got along. Rhyme unintended. lol No issues re: my being gay ... lots of other family dynamics that created tension and conflict.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2016, 09:24 PM   #98
batZeev

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

batZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST ReputationbatZeev Has the BEST Reputation

My relationship with my mom is fine I guess. She doesn't know I'm gay but I'm sure she has her suspicions. My biggest issue with her, besides her "hate the sin, love the sinner" homophobic facebook statuses, is the fact that she has started distancing herself from me in public ever since I took on a more butch appearance (I shaved my head and I normally wear sweatpants and a t-shirt, so I look kinda butch now).

For example, she now sits in the next chair over instead of right next to me in public. And when she took me to the airport and hugged me goodbye, she loudly told me to text her "or your brothers incase I'm asleep." I know this seems like a harmless comment, but it's unusual for her. She normally tells me to "keep her posted" and she never says it loud enough for the whole room to hear. It was obvious that she was trying to let people know that we're related.

My mother had me very young and looks very young for her age, and even when I was in high school and took on a more feminine appearance, our neighbors still thought we were lesbians. Now that I'm more butch, I guess her paranoia has gone into overdrive. She has always been someone who cares way too much what other people think of her; she's never had a backbone when it comes to things that actually matter. It's what I've always hated about her.

Since I don't plan on growing my hair out anytime soon, I guess I'll have to visit less, which sucks because we were finally starting to get along but I refuse to be treated like a disease. I guess I'm just disappointed that she didn't open her mind like I thought she would. Instead she switched from "kill the gays" to "hate the sin, love the sinner" (while still posting anti-gay statuses on facebook). She has a niece who is gay, so that's who her homophobic statuses are usually about. She sees nothing wrong with what she says and my attempts at opening her mind over the past 10 years have gotten nowhere. It's starting to look like she's not going to be a huge part of my life.

Sorry my first post is a rant. I just needed to get that off my chest.
batZeev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to batZeev For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2016, 04:52 AM   #99
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Does you mother have major issues with your partner being around your mom's age?

I am curious because both my mom's didn't like the fact I dated someone who was older then me at one time.
Sorry just saw this! Yes the age was a big issue for sure.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:55 AM   #100
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

As the years go by I realize how many of us have had problems with being accepted or loved for being gay ( lesbian) with our moms. I just want to say , I always loved my mother cause I remember the mom I once had as a young child ~ and right b4 she passed away on todays date 9-1-2000. The last 2 years of her life she reached out ,and I was there for her holding. I thank God everyday that she seen me as who I am I would give anything to cook her dinner and share an evening of conversation , hair dying , a few laughs over gossip , and the glow on her face as she talked with my daughters.

((((( Mom ))))) your very much loved and missed with and with out your faults .