Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 08-26-2018, 05:16 PM   #3721
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Shooting at Jacksonville, Florida Madden video game tournament today at least four are dead. Source CNN
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #3722
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Shooting at Jacksonville, Florida Madden video game tournament today at least four are dead. Source CNN
The only good thing out of this is that the shooter is dead. And all of this because some white boy got butthurt when he lost a gaming competition. Seriously.

This is our future generation.

We're doomed.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2018, 09:26 AM   #3723
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

New Campus Sexual Misconduct Rules From Betsy DeVos Protect The Accused and Colleges........

In new proposed rules obtained by The New York Times and described in a detailed news report today, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is proposing changes to federal policy on campus sexual misconduct that would boost the rights of students accused of rape and other forms of sexual assault and harassment. The policy would also relieve schools of liability in many cases while encouraging them to give more support to victims.

I've tried to post the link to this Forbes article but it went wonky
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2018, 08:40 AM   #3724
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Postal Service: Release of Ex-CIA Officer’s File Was ‘Mistake’—and Not the Only One.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/postal...ly-on?ref=home
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2018, 11:31 PM   #3725
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Anonymous Op-Ed in New York Times Causes a Stir .....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/b...anonymous.html

Thankfully someone is watching out for America!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #3726
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jitu Brown (Journey for Justice Alliance)

I couldn't find the Educator's forum thread here in the community, but wanted to leave an news link to an very important conversation I'm listening to on Democracy Now.

Amy Goodman featured an news investigation interview featuring Jitu Brown and multiple other VIP activists on the front lines of Education and how "black and brown children/kids" are increasingly targeted by prejudicial, racially motivated flawed policies exacted upon the greater sector of Education and how these right-wing flawed policies hurt children and their families. It's an extended conversation on how right-wing policies in Education have criminalized people of color.

If you're not familiar with Jitu Brown (I just now am learning about him and his activism), I highly recommend tuning into this very important news coverage presented by Democracy Now.

Link to news coverage (which starts at about the 39 minute mark of today's headline news):
Lift Us Up: Meet The Activists on the Frontlines of Educational Justice Movement.

Excerpt from Transcribed Interview:

Quote:
JITU BROWN: Absolutely, and Amy, thank you for having me on. I would just say that we don’t have a policy problem in public education. We have a values problem. There’s a believe system that is rooted in the hatred of black and brown children that fuels education policy. Just think that parent, Zakiya, had to fight because her son was being suspended in preschool. I’ve seen the story over and over again. In Pittsburgh, parents had organized to stop the suspension of kindergarten through third graders. In New York, this has been a fight. In Chicago, young people fought to stop 10-day suspensions in Chicago public schools. If the discipline policies are administered through a lens of hatred that often these policy makers would not apply to their own children. And that’s why the numbers around the suspension of black, brown, and white students for the same infractions are so glaring. That there is a believe system — and we know research says this, first — that black and brown children are viewed as older than their white counterparts.

Link to ~~>>>>>>> transcript of interview

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2018, 07:41 PM   #3727
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool scientists breed healthy mice from two mothers

apparently, the chinese have bred healthy mouse pups from two female parents... using just a few DNA modifications
just think about that fact....!!!
imagine two lesbian women requesting a child using same technology

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...hers-using-dna

even the daily mail, is aware of the the possibility of hope for gay couples, requesting their own children!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...orn-China.html
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2018, 07:48 PM   #3728
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Pot/Weed/Ganga/Grass

Oh, I just realized pot is now legal in Canada - as of today!

(btw, I don't smoke pot, and usually back off when around someone who is smoking it... I would be concerned now even more as to any effect on my brain cells, because of all the meditation I have done. While off on an errand today, and while waiting for the bus, a bunch of happy and laughing youngins went by and you could smell the pot very strongly. I worry about the effect of such a drug on the youth; but my opinion here in Canada doesn't count for much - oh well!!)
Old 10-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #3729
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool Study re: Length of ring and index fingers 'linked to sexuality'

I saw this study discussed on the BBC, and it concluded that when the index finger and the ring fingers are of different lengths, the chances are the girl will be a lesbian.
  • "Women whose left index and ring fingers are different lengths are more likely to be lesbians, a study suggests.
  • Scientists measured the fingers of 18 pairs of female identical twins, where one was straight and the other gay.
  • On average, the lesbians, but not the straight twins, had different sized index and ring fingers, typically a male trait, but only on the left hand.
  • This may be the result of exposure to more testosterone in the womb, the University of Essex researchers said.
  • The scientists also measured the fingers of 14 pairs of male identical twins, where one was straight and the other gay, but found no link.
  • In women, typically the index (second) and ring (fourth) fingers are a similar length, while in men there is a larger difference between the two
  • Both men and women were exposed to the "male" hormone, testosterone, in the womb - but some may be exposed more than others, the scientists said.
  • Study author Dr Tuesday Watts, from the psychology department at Essex University, said: "Because identical twins, who share 100% of their genes, can differ in their sexual orientations, factors other than genetics must account for the differences.
  • Research suggests that our sexuality is determined in the womb and is dependent on the amount of male hormone we are exposed to or the way our individual bodies react to that hormone, with those exposed to higher levels of testosterone being more likely to be bisexual or homosexual.
  • Because of the link between hormone levels and difference in finger lengths, looking at someone's hands could provide a clue to their sexuality."
  • The findings are published in Archives of Sexual Behaviour."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-45887691

laughs... yes, my index finger is slightly longer than my ring finger --> lesbian!
chuckling....
Old 10-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #3730
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,623 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Antisemitism is alive and well but in my experience conversation surrounding it is not usually welcomed. It's easily discounted I've noticed. It's not an issue that warrants much discussion. You're lucky to get a nod when trying to examine the issue, even in the face of ever mounting evidence showing the rise of antisemitism in most of Europe. I've read articles over the past couple of years about Jews contemplating whether it is time to leave Europe. I have a friend who lives in Germany and tells me how disturbing it is there. It's really over the top in France. Yet, you're hard pressed to get a conversation going surrounding the surge in antisemitism around the world. It's like antisemitic rhetoric is perfectly acceptable. I have a German friend who lives in Montreal and every time I bring up antisemitism she sighs heavily and looks at me with a put upon glare and seems to say "that old chestnut".To be fair my wife is Jewish so I am aware of this stuff in a way that is painful and I am not just indignant and disturbed like I am when confronted with prejudice against other minorities, I go into protective mode because I don't want her to be hurt. But let me tell you people just feel perfectly comfortable saying the most abhorrent things about Jews. And since I am more recognizably butch than my wife is recognizably Jewish she gets to hear this crap as well. I get that the Jewish struggle is totally different from the struggles of black people, or Latinxs, or Asian people or Muslims or whatever. An attempt to identify and examine the rise in antisemitism does not diminish other communities' struggles Every struggle is different and unique to the individual ethnic group and I would never want to compare struggles. I just wish there was a degree of comfort and understanding surrounding conversation about the difficulties facing the Jewish community worldwide at this time. What happened in Pittsburgh makes it horrifically clear that antisemitism is flourishing. Just to be clear, I'm talking about my experiences in real time and getting that off my chest, nothing to do with these boards. Your mileage may be different.
Here's a couple of articles about the Pittsburgh attack.
https://forward.com/opinion/412838/t...EAyxcQedUs21sg

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/28/us/pi...ims/index.html
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2018, 06:26 PM   #3731
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Cin;1229656]Antisemitism is alive and well but in my experience conversation surrounding it is not usually welcomed.

What happened in Pittsburgh makes it horrifically clear that antisemitism is flourishing. Just to be clear, I'm talking about my experiences in real time and getting that off my chest, nothing to do with these boards. Your mileage may be different.
Here's a couple of articles about the Pittsburgh attack."

One of the many things of which I was unaware until I became dear friend with a Jewish dyke was how connected Jews are regardless of time or distance. As she celebrates Shabbat each week, she says she has the knowledge of people everywhere around the world doing the same thing she is doing. For her, that comes through as them celebrating with her and vice versa. I know there's a phrase for it in Hebrew; I don't know what it is. If a joyous celebration is something shared, how much worse is it when something horrific is shared?

An announcement was made at her schul about the shooting. Once the service was over, she said she went home and stared out the window until it was dark.

The apathy about the growing acts of anti-Semitism as well as the worldwide treatment of people who are not us (however us is defined) is increasing and becoming more accepted. If we do not speak out, silence becomes our answer to those who believe there is an us and a them and more importantly that one is better than the other.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #3732
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,473 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

When you all awake this morning, you will hear about the sad dreaded news of yet another mass shooting. I dont have many details, but it happened in a country bar full of college night students, in Thousand oaks, Southern California. A suburb north of LA. Sounds like 8 people have died, including a Police officer (just 1 year away from retirement). The shooter appears to have had post trauma from the military, he was 28. Shooter shot himself.

When will this fucking stop??

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 10:09 AM   #3733
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
When you all awake this morning, you will hear about the sad dreaded news of yet another mass shooting. I dont have many details, but it happened in a country bar full of college night students, in Thousand oaks, Southern California. A suburb north of LA. Sounds like 8 people have died, including a Police officer (just 1 year away from retirement). The shooter appears to have had post trauma from the military, he was 28. Shooter shot himself.

When will this fucking stop??
In my opinion it will stop when voters realise that every "responsible" gun owner is just one murder away from being an " irresponsible " gun owner, and psychiatry and understanding human motivation and psyche is no where near able or developed enough to determine the difference.

You want guns; your Constitution grants you that right; ok...keep killing each other till it finally hits home and someone you love dies for this insane, stupid, anachronistic "right".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 10:51 AM   #3734
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

When we restore the Mental Health facilities that provided treatment and housing for those in need and stop passing the buck and making sure that all military persons receive top notch treatment for PTSD and other disorders.

Not EVER going to turn over my weapons.

We have GOT to put back into place all the facilities that housed the folks that need to receive medication/housing/treatment. This lunacy started in the eighties and dismantled the little assistance we had in this country.

This Government's policy of shunning folks in dire need of help and creating an atmosphere of "otherness" and separating "Us" from "Them" is dangerous and causing a rift of which we are part of and perpetuating daily.

People in need of help with Mental Health issues in this country are the ones who can afford it the least. Instead of building a wall, let's build community and a system that works for Us and Them to heal those that are hurting and starving and freezing to death. Divide and conquer is never going to make this Country "great again". We make the Country great. We the People.

We ARE the Country.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 11:24 AM   #3735
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation RBG

Please send blessing, good thoughts, and prayers for Ruth. She fell and broke her ribs and is in the hospital
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #3736
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
When we restore the Mental Health facilities that provided treatment and housing for those in need and stop passing the buck and making sure that all military persons receive top notch treatment for PTSD and other disorders.

Not EVER going to turn over my weapons.

We have GOT to put back into place all the facilities that housed the folks that need to receive medication/housing/treatment. This lunacy started in the eighties and dismantled the little assistance we had in this country.

This Government's policy of shunning folks in dire need of help and creating an atmosphere of "otherness" and separating "Us" from "Them" is dangerous and causing a rift of which we are part of and perpetuating daily.

People in need of help with Mental Health issues in this country are the ones who can afford it the least. Instead of building a wall, let's build community and a system that works for Us and Them to heal those that are hurting and starving and freezing to death. Divide and conquer is never going to make this Country "great again". We make the Country great. We the People.

We ARE the Country.
Every excuse except one: you are armed to the teeth and you die in record numbers and you have no way of knowing who will do what.

All of these murders have one common denominator: guns.

However there is no single "mental disorder" that will predictably indicate who will kill with a gun.

You can lock up or hospitalise everyone you think will be an "irresponsible " gun owner ...it will cost you far beyond what any of you are willing to pay and it won't make an iota of difference in terms of the slaughters you can expect.

I am 73 years old. I've never even seen a handgun or held one.
What's wrong with me?
What's wrong with you?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #3737
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Default Ivanka Trump

Ivanka Trump used personal email account to send 100's of emails for govt business, thus violating federal records' rules:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nt-business-on

to which, I have only one thing to say:

LOCK HER UP!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #3738
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, I can not figure out how to double quote here but have to say the two previous posts just make me love my neighbors to the north even more!
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2018, 10:51 PM   #3739
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Ok, I can not figure out how to double quote here but have to say the two previous posts just make me love my neighbors to the north even more!

We will have you!! come on up!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #3740
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Wink Women sleep better next to dogs than their human partners

"Let sleeping dogs lie!

"Women sleep better next to dogs than their human partners, according to a study published this month by researchers at Canisius College in Buffalo, New York.

"Of the 962 women living in the U.S. interviewed by the school, 55 percent of them shared the bed with at least one dog and 31 percent of them shared the bed with at least one cat. The study found 57 percent of the women shared the bed with a human partner. Dogs were less likely to wake their owners in the middle of the night than cats and humans, results revealed.

"The study found that both cats and humans were equally disruptive to women’s sleep and provided them with fewer feelings of comfort and security than dogs.

"Dog owners also reported earlier sleep and wake times than cat owners and participants without pets.

“Dog ownership and its associated responsibilities may cause individuals to adhere to a stricter routine,” researchers said. “Keeping to a consistent sleep schedule may be beneficial to dog owners.”

"Women aren’t the only ones who report better sleep with dogs, according to a study published last year.

"Researchers from the Mayo Clinic in Arizona conducted a study of 40 healthy adults, both male and female, and found that people who slept with a dog in the bedroom got more rest than people who didn’t. Although, the Mayo study found sleeping with a dog in the bed, as opposed to another place in the bedroom, could disrupt the sleep cycle."

all the above quoted from:
https://nypost.com/2018/11/27/women-...-humans-study/

Now, I usually sleep like a log, but I found this fact actually quite interesting, so decided to post it.

I don't own a dog, but I heard on CBS this morning something to the effect that it is better to sleep with a four-legged dog than a two-legged dawg!! (lol)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking news, news