Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #761
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Having to tell a waiter or waitress I got the wrong food order! H E L L O you took and wrote up the order you shouldn't have to be told it wrong, you should notice that before you bring it out from the kitchen..........

DISCLAIMER: I realize being a waitress is a tough job and it's a job I've never held but still....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2018, 12:18 PM   #762
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Going to someone's house who has dogs or cats and they let them crawl over or jump up on me!
this is a big one for me.

i never let my pups do this.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2018, 07:16 PM   #763
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Someone just ahead of me buying the last of any given item..........
I did that Valentine's Day. There's a bakery here that's only open for half the day 6 days a week and they are verrrry popular. DC loves their Boston Cream donuts, so I went to pick Him up a couple and after I'd been in line about 30 minutes, I hear this from the back of the house, "No more Bostons! The injector's broke!". I crane my head to see if they had any more on the tray and they are all out. Just when I'm contemplating choosing something else or walking out, I see the éclairs. It's a giant Boston Cream, basically. There are 3 left. The woman in front of me takes one. I took the last 2.

Do I feel bad about it? Not a bit. I do feel annoyed that the bakery didn't think ahead and make more donuts than usual. The day before was Fat Tuesday and they ran out of inventory then too. Tsk, tsk....

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #764
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The media hyping a story!

Right now the prescription drug abuse story seems to be the hot one but no doubt soon they'll be on to something else!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 09:38 AM   #765
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

When requesting a certain denomination bill at my bank and being told they don't have it!

H E L L O your a bank IF you don't have it where would I find it!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 11:07 AM   #766
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
When requesting a certain denomination bill at my bank and being told they don't have it!

H E L L O your a bank IF you don't have it where would I find it!
That's what you get for asking for a $3 bill.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 11:13 AM   #767
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Parents who don't control their children and let them treat a dining room in a restaurant like a playground!

Taking children to a nicer dining area is always a "teachable moment" IMHO.

You can teach them that running around in a MacDonald's is fine, but here we sit and are respectful of other diners who may not appreciate children running around and using their outside voice indoors!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #768
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I want my meal hot. If it is supposed to be hot that is the way I want it. There is almost no food that is supposed to be hot that I will eat cold or room temp. Not chicken or pizza nothin

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #769
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
A new one I just discovered 5 minutes ago:

Lip smackers.

Sitting next to one right now. All the other seats are taken.

*silent scream*
I am in my doctor’s office waiting room and it is the older adults afternoon.

There is a chorus of lip smacking and I am on the edge of an anxiety attack.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 02:08 AM   #770
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The media hyping a story!

Right now the prescription drug abuse story seems to be the hot one but no doubt soon they'll be on to something else!
Hope they get done with the prescription drug abuse kick.

Has those of us who need meds that are controlled substances afraid that our docs catch the bug. I will be having surgery sometime soon and worried that the surgeon won't give adequate pain meds.

Maybe they could start focusing on what the government is doing to people at the borders and internally. But no, that makes too much sense!
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 02:24 AM   #771
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

1) People who let babies play with keys who put them in mouths. Keys or other items given to kids fall on the floor then get picked back up and returned to the kid. UCK!

2) The assumption that everyone wants to interact with their baby. I think babies are germy and gross...sorry.

3) Cash currency. Handling cash really bothers me. I use debit as much as possible. Yeah, the pin pad is dirty, but one can limit contact to one finger then hand sanitizer.
Why are we still using cash currency? It's been around since at least ancient Roman times. Isn't it time we used a hands free crypto-currency?!
Old 06-06-2018, 04:41 AM   #772
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
3) Cash currency. Handling cash really bothers me. I use debit as much as possible. Yeah, the pin pad is dirty, but one can limit contact to one finger then hand sanitizer.
Why are we still using cash currency? It's been around since at least ancient Roman times. Isn't it time we used a hands free crypto-currency?!

Cash is definitely germy and most bills have cocaine residue on them but I doubt that cash will ever fully go away. There's too many people off the grid or leery of Big Brother for that to happen plus it's better to have cash than plastic for those with budgeting issues.

My pet peeve...for thread compliancy...is cats who walk underfoot all. of. the. freakin'. time. I'm going to fall one day and break my neck and then who is going to open his can of food?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 05:32 AM   #773
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

People standing on the sidewalk in front of my house SMOKING! A few doors down is an outdoor garden pub that doesn't allow smoking. So, the smoking crowd wonders a couple hundred feet away, stand in groups and smoke right in front of my house. WTF!

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 12:50 PM   #774
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

Hypocrites - one of my biggest by far.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #775
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
People standing on the sidewalk in front of my house SMOKING! A few doors down is an outdoor garden pub that doesn't allow smoking. So, the smoking crowd wonders a couple hundred feet away, stand in groups and smoke right in front of my house. WTF!
Turn on the sprinklers!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2018, 11:43 PM   #776
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Cash is definitely germy and most bills have cocaine residue on them but I doubt that cash will ever fully go away. There's too many people off the grid or leery of Big Brother for that to happen plus it's better to have cash than plastic for those with budgeting issues.

My pet peeve...for thread compliancy...is cats who walk underfoot all. of. the. freakin'. time. I'm going to fall one day and break my neck and then who is going to open his can of food?

Maybe folks who wish to be off grid or that leery of Big Brother might think things through when making changes. Cash can have a easier trail to follow than carefully dealt with crypto-currency.

Which brings forth another pet peeve...people failing to plan ahead.

Lying is on top of the peeve list, though. Not accusing anyone here of that, just watched news stories about our beloved Commander in Cheese.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:38 PM   #777
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

When sports commentators say...."If the season ended today" and when they also try and forecast "wild cards" teams before the season is barley half over!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2018, 09:15 AM   #778
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

When one main game is being televised, (any sports but I notice it more in baseball) and they slip in some brief footage of another game THEY think we need to see what's happening in!
Old 07-31-2018, 08:41 AM   #779
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
When one main game is being televised, (any sports but I notice it more in baseball) and they slip in some brief footage of another game THEY think we need to see what's happening in!
Last night I counted at least three times when this was done during the Sox game!
Old 08-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #780
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

When sports commentators analyze a play to death!

Even once it's been challenged and decided they STILL feel the need to go on and on!

Who would know better, some sports commentators sitting far away up in a press booth OR officials down on the field & those studying a play by play on the most modern technology available in this day and age....

Of all those damn buttons on my remote....MUTE is my fav.......

Tags
pet peeve