Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

cocoa w/marshmallows
knit hats
frost on the Halloween pumpkin
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #22
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Pretty much all the things have already been said, but hears my list:

-the changing colors of the leaves
-the crunch of fallen leaves underfoot when you walk, and how they smell
-pumpkin muffins
-drinking hot tea again, of all varities!
-pumpkin spice chai especially, though
-cooler weather
-cozy clothing like hoodies and sweaters
-leggings and boots with dresses and cardigans
-Halloween and Thanksgiving
-autumn walks

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #23
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Oh wow, what's not to love about Autumn!!! It's my absolute, most favorite part of the year and always has been. Mostly, I think, it's because I'm at my most (physically) comfortable state, overall. I don't do heat (or humidity, either) very well, as I have an endocrine problem that causes my body to not regulate the heat well and I easily get overheated. I also get heat rash (always have, even as a child) and heat exhaustion. So, for me, it's a welcomed and joyous period of being physically comfortable.

I love the Autumn colors and smells, too. During the 5 years I lived in Maine, I used to really enjoy being out in the wooded areas during the Fall months. The woods take on a really earthy smell and at night, the smells of people burning bonfires and wood fireplaces fills the air.

When I was a kid, growing up in Savannah, Ga., we'd have oyster roasts and "low country boils" in the fall evenings. Those were great times, when I had my health and lots of good friends and we had so many great, great times. We'd go out into the salt marsh and dig our own oysters, then dig out a hole in the ground, where we'd start our fire. When the fire burned down a bit, we'd then lay a sheet of 1/4 inch sheet metal over the fire pit, shovel those oysters on top and then cover them with water soaked burlap bags to steam. When the oysters were ready, they'd pop open and we'd load them with shovels onto newspaper-draped picnic tables and dig in!!!! I've never enjoyed raw oysters, tho many folks do, but I can eat my weight in steamed, baked or fried ones!!

Autumn is also the best, very best, time for sleeping!! I can soooo get a good night's sleep during the Autumn months!!

Oh yeah.....FALL!!!!!

Bring it.

~Theo~
theoddz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to theoddz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #24
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Lets add...

All the different varieties of squash
Candy corn
pears!
Carmel apples
Cooking inside, the smells of the kitchen
Being able to go out and sit by the fire
Blooming mums!
Porch lights coming on earlier
Seeing pumpkins in the neighborhood

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 01:56 PM   #25
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
.....<snipped>
When I was a kid, growing up in Savannah, Ga., we'd have oyster roasts and "low country boils" in the fall evenings. Those were great times, when I had my health and lots of good friends and we had so many great, great times. We'd go out into the salt marsh and dig our own oysters, then dig out a hole in the ground, where we'd start our fire. When the fire burned down a bit, we'd then lay a sheet of 1/4 inch sheet metal over the fire pit, shovel those oysters on top and then cover them with water soaked burlap bags to steam. When the oysters were ready, they'd pop open and we'd load them with shovels onto newspaper-draped picnic tables and dig in!!!! I've never enjoyed raw oysters, tho many folks do, but I can eat my weight in steamed, baked or fried ones!!

Autumn is also the best, very best, time for sleeping!! I can soooo get a good night's sleep during the Autumn months!!

Oh yeah.....FALL!!!!!

Bring it.

~Theo~
Theo...I so miss those oyster roasts, too! In Beaufort, though.
I make "lowcountry boil" OR "frogmore stew" often! Nothing like lowcountry.....best place in da world!!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #26
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

EVERYTHING
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #27
SirenManda

How Do You Identify?:
I don’t want contact.

SirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST ReputationSirenManda Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I took this today when I was checking the mail. Changing seasons is truly beautiful to me.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #28
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

oh my....

what DONT I like about fall??

I love the smell...the crisp air...

crunchy leaves...I even like to rake them up!

apple and pumpkin EVERYTHING...

apple picking

fall festivals

Campfires/bonfires

waking up with a mist all under the colored trees..

hiking...even more so...

sweaters! hoodies! extra warm blankies on the bed!

baking...fall makes me crazy for bakies!

fewer bugs

seeing new migratory birds

all of nature is preparing for the long slumber of winter

Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #29
storyspinner70

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

storyspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputationstoryspinner70 Has the BEST Reputation

My absolute favorite time is dusk on an autumn day. I live in the mountains so there are fireflies and frogs and crickets and all kinds of night sounds. It's cool and dark is falling and you can just sit outside and soak it all in.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:54 PM   #30
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

A Cali girl finally being able to find the yellow sweet potatoes at the store. I've been waiting!

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #31
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #32
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #33
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 03:23 PM   #34
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 06:51 PM   #35
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation
Default A pic from my drive today....

PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #36
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

The cool air, leaves changing color, hot chocolate, knowing it's getting closer to my two favorite holidays: Halloween and then Xmas :-)

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #37
TheHinduPose

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 3,093 Times in 887 Posts
TheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST ReputationTheHinduPose Has the BEST Reputation

Horse chestnuts
When we were kids we'd know the exact location of every horse chestnut tree in the massive local park we played in.We knew when they were ready to drop and what we couldn't gather from the ground we'd try and either knock off from the branches by hurling sticks or climb the trees and occasionally be able to reach and grab them.
These little gifts from nature still still excite me.
TheHinduPose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TheHinduPose For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #38
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

Attending football games and having hot chocolate and your stadium blanket to keep warm while watching the game....

Another of my favorites which I did today was bought two pumpkins, roasted them and the seeds, and tomorrow I will puree it and make pies, custard cups, and some pumpkin muffins or cookies.

Locally they are also selling chestnuts, beautiful mums, and the fruit farms are selling their crops of apples. I bought a couple bushel of apples last week (or was it the week before?) and made up some apple dumplings, canned applesauce for winter and a couple apple crisps.

The brisk air motivates me and helps me get everything done. The leaves changing color like I posted yesterday is all over around me now. Sunday drives to see the mountains afire with color is amazing!

Yesterday and today was the apple butter festival where local vendors sell their wares. A woman I went to high school had a stand to sell her canned goods and knitted/crocheted crafts. Another sold her tackle/leather stuff that she makes for her store as well as jewelry.

Amazingly enough Fall is that time of year when members of our community come together for shared time such as these. It is nice to see faces of those I have not seen in years and meet new people along the way.

Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year.
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #39
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Default can't wait for..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 07:30 PM   #40
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I miss living in Michigan and seeing the leaves change. What I love about the Fall here in Florida, is that the weather starts to cool off and you can open your windows.

Zimmeh
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post: