Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #6781
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Thanks y'all for your kind words re: my twinchie. I am glad y'all liked them. I did not set out to make anything so elaborate! I crafted my arse into a corner when I added the "flowers." How do I ship it in such a way that the flowers don't get crushed? Great... now my crafty bit needs a crafty carrier! lol SMH Which... I hear didn't fully do it's job and at least one of you has received a tripod moose.

So... apparently... there was another screw up by yours truly ... everyone should have one cute lil wrapped package with a monkey on it! I've just learned that a group member received two of them. Please let me know if your package is minus one and I will remedy the issue. Sorry and thanks!
hey Lyte....I wouldn't beat myself up so badly! Really, at one time or another, we have all had "our moments" as well...we just rectify the situation, and move on along. It will happen...again..again...again...human frailty!

Personally speaking, I LIKE my package and EVERY.SINGLE.PIECE inside them. There is "character" in each one.
NEXT....lol...

Old 02-13-2018, 03:36 PM   #6782
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

This may be the single best stone that knocks out the most number of birds!

If all agree to a fixed box size this is control the size if the crafts and the cost of shipping. It will also eliminate the need for the wrangler to figure out how to reship the finished crafts. if everyone uses the same (similar) small flat rate boxes then the resorted crafts could reship in the same box for the same cost. I particularly dig using the USPS small flat rate boxes because the boxes are free!

P.S. ... Matchboxes??

P.S.S ... The magnet on my twinchie will only hold itself up. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I was actually thinking $8 so we could use the small flat rate boxes that are priority mail and can be tracked as well.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #6783
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Well, I am an envelope kinda girl unless I deem the project needs a box so hopefully we can have some flexibility. Priority envelopes are free too.

Glad everyone is on board with matchboxes. They tend to produce some of our best work imho!

Who wants to wrangle is the other question? Just promise us you won't leave town with everyone's 8 dollars

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #6784
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post

Who wants to wrangle is the other question? Just promise us you won't leave town with everyone's 8 dollars
I promise not to! Besides, I am "commited" to present space for the next 11 months!
Old 02-13-2018, 08:35 PM   #6785
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I think we should do the small sized filled matchboxes, where you fill the inside of the box full to the brim with tiny treats. Any ideas for themes?

I always have the same worry with matchboxes though with too many people joining and making it a project that's difficult to produce. But I know I'm the only one who likes caps on numbers.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #6786
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,832 Times in 1,064 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

I have an idea for the theme...
What if we tailored each matchbox for each person that participates?

Like we could each post a blurb about listed about 10 things we like, or are into, or collect, you would have ideas of what to put inside the matchbox.

Mine mght say:
nanners: the color purple, cats, traveling, cooking, baking, rainbows, tulips...you get the idea...

Then you could choose one or more of those to expound on for my matchbox.

Thoughts?

Oh, and I agree we should all try to do the same size, the small ones like matches come in.

nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #6787
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Like we could each post a blurb about listed about 10 things we like, or are into, or collect, you would have ideas of what to put inside the matchbox.

Mine mght say:
nanners: the color purple, cats, traveling, cooking, baking, rainbows, tulips...you get the idea...

Thoughts?

Oh, and I agree we should all try to do the same size, the small ones like matches come in.

I like it!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #6788
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I'm going to be a Debbie Downer for a second. This is where my concerns for dong individualized matchboxes for say 10 people, which is about average here. Finding and buying all those disparate different things to fill the matchboxes with could be difficult and costly.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 10:10 PM   #6789
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I'm going to be a Debbie Downer for a second. This is where my concerns for dong individualized matchboxes for say 10 people, which is about average here. Finding and buying all those disparate different things to fill the matchboxes with could be difficult and costly.
That was exactly what I was going to post.

While a great idea on paper, to personalize, I know I can NOT afford to buy different things for even 5 people, or more, as we always have a big signup for this project!

So I am in agreement here with you, CCB! Good point....

Maybe do a St Patty's Day theme? Just some food for thought.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #6790
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

you were both right, it does sound good on paper but to buy all those things would be costly. What if we turn it around to be the things that you personally like? So in each match box it will contain only things that interest you or that you like. Then everybody will get a taste of your personality, or the things that you like.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 10:29 PM   #6791
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
you were both right, it does sound good on paper but to buy all those things would be costly. What if we turn it around to be the things that you personally like? So in each match box it will contain only things that interest you or that you like. Then everybody will get a taste of your personality, or the things that you like.
That would be fun. You could put all the same stuff in the boxes and I'd love to see what everyone picks out to represent themselves.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #6792
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Should we up it to 7 as a new policy to accommodate rising costs?
That sounds reasonable to me.

Quote:
This may be the single best stone that knocks out the most number of birds!

If all agree to a fixed box size this is control the size if the crafts and the cost of shipping. It will also eliminate the need for the wrangler to figure out how to reship the finished crafts. if everyone uses the same (similar) small flat rate boxes then the resorted crafts could reship in the same box for the same cost. I particularly dig using the USPS small flat rate boxes because the boxes are free!

P.S. ... Matchboxes??

P.S.S ... The magnet on my twinchie will only hold itself up. lol
Matchboxes.

You can find examples on Pinterest or YouTube.

As for requiring specific packaging, I'm not a fan. I'm not going to require a flat box when we do crafts that will easily ship in padded envelopes. That's additional expense for nothing. My vote is that we package our goodies according to their size and bulk and to take that into consideration when sending money to wranglers. Some already do that and send extra when their goodies are bigger and/or heavier than most.

Quote:
I think we should do the small sized filled matchboxes, where you fill the inside of the box full to the brim with tiny treats. Any ideas for themes?

I always have the same worry with matchboxes though with too many people joining and making it a project that's difficult to produce. But I know I'm the only one who likes caps on numbers.
Nope; you're not the only one. Matchboxes are far more time and cost intensive than the average project so the list should have a cap to manage those. The only way I'd vote for not having a cap with this project is if we wound up getting twice the time to do it.

Quote:

Mine mght say:

Thoughts?

This is such a cute idea!

Quote:
You have a point but don't forget that not all matchboxes need to be filled with 'things'. Some simply have images or drawings inside, like your own personal mural. That would easily be doable and would absolutely be able to accommodate ideas like nan's and also be very cost effective.

I'm down for matchboxes. I'm down for a cap on the project but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if we get more time to work on the project. I'm not down for a holiday theme but personal themes sound good to me. If no one is up for it, I'd be down for wrangling. Now, this IS that type of project that really needs those shipping boxes, so I'd recommend $8 per participant for shipping.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #6793
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

Matchboxes.

As for requiring specific packaging, I'm not a fan. I'm not going to require a flat box when we do crafts that will easily ship in padded envelopes. That's additional expense for nothing. My vote is that we package our goodies according to their size and bulk and to take that into consideration when sending money to wranglers. Some already do that and send extra when their goodies are bigger and/or heavier than most.

Nope; you're not the only one. Matchboxes are far more time and cost intensive than the average project so the list should have a cap to manage those. The only way I'd vote for not having a cap with this project is if we wound up getting twice the time to do it.

You have a point but don't forget that not all matchboxes need to be filled with 'things'. Some simply have images or drawings inside, like your own personal mural. That would easily be doable and would absolutely be able to accommodate ideas like nan's and also be very cost effective.

I'm down for matchboxes. I'm down for a cap on the project but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if we get more time to work on the project. I'm not down for a holiday theme but personal themes sound good to me. If no one is up for it, I'd be down for wrangling. Now, this IS that type of project that really needs those shipping boxes, so I'd recommend $8 per participant for shipping
Yes to Gemme wrangling!

Yes to our own individual "art" for these......am sort of "over" "holiday themed" projects for a bit...

Yes, to $7 fee to send items

NO to "flat rate boxes, as these do get expensive to ship, and most always our projects have fit the manila envelopes...much cheaper to ship back out.

Yes, to adding few extra $ if ours is bigger, heavier, bulkier.

My adding "Do not bend, spindle, fold, or mutilate"...PRICELESS and is a "clay thang"...lol
Old 02-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #6794
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

A box or envelope is fine by me. I ditto'ed the use of the small flat rate box from USPS for a few reasons... the postage is just 'bout $7 ... and... the box is free... and... a box stands up better to being handled by our beloved USPS... and... a box can't be folded and/or shoved into a mail box.

Sending extra dough is great... but... I have a sense that the extra sent may not always extend sufficiently to cover the extra postage and the extra packaging for all of the participants. Larger, heavier or oddly shaped pieces means postage and packaging on all the packages is increased.

If we don't want to create any max/min standards at this time, that's cool! The points I mention above are clearly on my mind right now! If for no other reason, I'm glad I was wrangler on this twinchie project so no one else had to deal with my getting carried away! lol

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
NO to "flat rate boxes, as these do get expensive to ship, and most always our projects have fit the manila envelopes...much cheaper to ship back out. Yes, to adding few extra $ if ours is bigger, heavier, bulkier. My adding "Do not bend, spindle, fold, or mutilate"...PRICELESS and is a "clay thang"...lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #6795
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
A box or envelope is fine by me. I ditto'ed the use of the small flat rate box from USPS for a few reasons... the postage is just 'bout $7 ... and... the box is free... and... a box stands up better to being handled by our beloved USPS... and... a box can't be folded and/or shoved into a mail box.

Sending extra dough is great... but... I have a sense that the extra sent may not always extend sufficiently to cover the extra postage and the extra packaging for all of the participants. Larger, heavier or oddly shaped pieces means postage and packaging on all the packages is increased.

If we don't want to create any max/min standards at this time, that's cool! The points I mention above are clearly on my mind right now! If for no other reason, I'm glad I was wrangler on this twinchie project so no one else had to deal with my getting carried away! lol

Another huge point to using the flat envelopes is that some folks do work, so aren't home during day, and we have a set rule to "NOT send anything requiring a signature" for any parcels sent.

That said, also not everyone will have a mailbox to accommodate "boxes" and sometimes can't have things left outside their doors....so those are considerations for sure!

I have a very small "box" in a bank of mailboxes on the wall in a secure building. Luckily our mail arrives while manager is on duty, and will call us to come down & get a package that will not fit in the small boxes.

Just my "priceless" two cents worth...
Old 02-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #6796
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Excellent points and def priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Another huge point to using the flat envelopes is that some folks do work, so aren't home during day, and we have a set rule to "NOT send anything requiring a signature" for any parcels sent.

That said, also not everyone will have a mailbox to accommodate "boxes" and sometimes can't have things left outside their doors....so those are considerations for sure!

I have a very small "box" in a bank of mailboxes on the wall in a secure building. Luckily our mail arrives while manager is on duty, and will call us to come down & get a package that will not fit in the small boxes.

Just my "priceless" two cents worth...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #6797
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:

Matchboxes.

I'm down for matchboxes. I'm down for a cap on the project but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if we get more time to work on the project. I'm not down for a holiday theme but personal themes sound good to me. If no one is up for it, I'd be down for wrangling. Now, this IS that type of project that really needs those shipping boxes, so I'd recommend $8 per participant for shipping.
You're right that the matchboxes don't have to be filled with things, but I was talking specifically about filled matchboxes. I especially love those kind but am understanding if people don't want the extra effort or expense. Just clarifying my statement.

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 02-14-2018 at 02:57 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #6798
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

My personal vote is for Nanners original idea. I think that if people are giving a list of 10 things and the goal is to Focus on a theme of one or more, then that really doesn’t involve buying anything special necessarily. I also think they can still be filled, it would just take some creative interpretation and spins. It’s so cool to have a piece of art that is made in light of what we specifically enjoy!

Quote:

Mine mght say:

Thoughts?

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #6799
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Yes, a cap...maybe 12?

We could give the artist the choice whether to fill the boxes or not, that way you could go with a theme from the person's list you are making it for.

Quote:
My personal vote is for Nanners original idea. I think that if people are giving a list of 10 things and the goal is to Focus on a theme of one or more, then that really doesn’t involve buying anything special necessarily. I also think they can still be filled, it would just take some creative interpretation and spins. It’s so cool to have a piece of art that is made in light of what we specifically enjoy!
After more thought and Gemme's suggestions, I think this is very doable without making it expensive.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 05:53 PM   #6800
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

12 seems like a lot to me, personally. I'm not sure I could make 12 matchboxes doable. But I'll wait and see what others think.

I really like the idea of having them tailored to our specific interests the more I think about it. Good idea nanners! I can see that there are creative ways to fill the boxes now, though I will probably still end up buying stuff lol!

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 02-14-2018 at 05:56 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types