Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Lesbian Zone

Old 03-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #61
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

When actions speak louder than words
Old 03-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #62
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by key View Post
I can be so clueless sometimes. And I miss opportunities. This frustrates me.

Today's example:

Coming home from work, tired, a bit disheveled. Just thinking about dinner and a hot bath. As I am getting my two dogs out of the truck, I see a veeeery cuuuute woman unloading a u-haul truck. I am so ...? I honestly don't know (shy, clueless, ?) I barely even look her way. She stops what she is doing and smiles at me. I smile and say hi, then realize I forgot something in the truck, go back and get it. As I head towards home again she is still standing there smiling. I say hi again (dork?) as we walk past her.

It does not dawn on me until I am in the bath that she had stopped what she was doing and was smiling at me. Who knows, maybe she was just tired and taking a break. Maybe she liked my dogs. Maybe her face is stuck in a smile naturally. But maybe, just maybe she was open to me saying something more than hi. Maybe something like welcome to the neighborhood? Maybe I will get another chance if I can even remember what she looked like. UGH!

This is just today's example. I feel like my cluelessness makes me completely oblivious to these types of situations/opportunities in the moment. It is only after the fact that I sometimes get it.

Can anyone relate?
Oh, yes..... I can relate! yes.... "after-the-fact" is my middle name!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #63
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:
Putting My Heart Back Together

1 Highscore

proximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm so naive... relationships are my forte; dating, however, is not
proximitywithoutintimacy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #64
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

proximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputation

If one of her closest friends says she'll hook you up with her... good sign?
The Following User Says Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #65
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
I totally do this too!!!

Or, I tend to assume that the only reason a girl is interested in me, when she does make it obvious, is for carnal reasons (this has happened to me in the past and my heart was broke a little bit). I just don't know how to tell if a girl is interested in me for sex or for more, for who I am and not just what I can do for her in the bedroom (or the car, living room, kitchen, shower, etc. :P). It makes me honestly distrustful.
treat her the way you feel about it... If you want just sex then be honest about it, but your tone implies that you are looking for something a bit more, so treat her like it, she will either reciprocate or not. It also never hurts to talk or ask about it, keeps the air clear so you can see what's coming and maneuver accordingly.

I have always appreciated when some else can express what there interest is. It doesn't mean anything more than this is how i fell and what i am looking for at this moment
undone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undone For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 AM   #66
smouldering

How Do You Identify?:
Punky girly girl, glittery femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, etc.
Relationship Status:
Single, Recovering

Thanked 3,974 Times in 924 Posts
smouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputationsmouldering Has the BEST Reputation

Yup it can be hard..

I have the same issue as AtomicZombie lol.. I can't always tell if someone is just looking for something casual or something more long term... if they are being genuine or saying whatever they think will get them in my pants lol..

Ive also had the issue of Butches thinking I am into them because I am nice or they assume because I am being sweet I want in their pants... -- Dating can be confusing!

But I agree about paying attention to body language sometimes how we act or react speaks louder then what we say
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smouldering For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #67
Sweet_Amor_Taino

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Gentleman
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Exclusively dating,

Sweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Amor_Taino Has the BEST Reputation

The morning phone call.. the sound of her voice.. giggles and laughter.
When we are aware that each moment of each day and each step we take,is truly mystical and full of wonder,we will live our lives with greater thought and care, we will also respect and appreciate This moment.
Sweet_Amor_Taino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet_Amor_Taino For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2011, 09:08 AM   #68
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Ummmm.....no clue.

I'm one of those dense people when it comes to flirting. Years ago, in a group of friend/acquaintances I jokingly said "how come you all flirt with each other and no one flirts with me?"

There was general laughter and then one was kind enough to inform me "uh, Jo...we do...you just don't get it."

True story.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #69
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

One girl told me it made her feel "a little jealous" when I told her about this beautiful love letter I had from an ex-girlfriend who I adore. I think she might be into me...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #70
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

If she hugs you, kisses your cheek and says "text me tomorrow" but then texts you an hour later telling you how cute you are... she might be into you
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #71
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I'm on my I phone typing this but for me I can feel it and someone's lack of actions will.tell me every time

If you tell me you are gonna so something and you don't etc

Lots of the things show when someone is just not into you

Personally I think I'm a Damn good catch and someone is crazy not.to.be into.me.lol
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #72
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

If you give her bottom a little spank and she starts following you around, she is into you; if she calls the cops she's not.......
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #73
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo View Post
Ummmm.....no clue.

I'm one of those dense people when it comes to flirting. Years ago, in a group of friend/acquaintances I jokingly said "how come you all flirt with each other and no one flirts with me?"

There was general laughter and then one was kind enough to inform me "uh, Jo...we do...you just don't get it."

True story.
Join the club,for years I had and still have a dense qulity.Sometimes it just goes over my head..
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #74
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,330 Times in 2,661 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smouldering View Post
Yup it can be hard..

I have the same issue as AtomicZombie lol.. I can't always tell if someone is just looking for something casual or something more long term... if they are being genuine or saying whatever they think will get them in my pants lol..

Ive also had the issue of Butches thinking I am into them because I am nice or they assume because I am being sweet I want in their pants... -- Dating can be confusing!

But I agree about paying attention to body language sometimes how we act or react speaks louder then what we say
I hope it's okay if I ask you a question.

Your profile says, 'as long as you pull my hair you can call me anything .'

Doesn't that sound like you want something casual?

I think casual can be fun and fabulous and

I think that if you want your hair pulled,

You should get your hair pulled, so

I am not being judge-y.
Chancie is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #75
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Ummm.... so......

Why not just say "I'm into you?"

I know, I'm no fun.....

AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #76
miss entycing

How Do You Identify?:
dangerous, but worth the risk.
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice.. it's that easy.
Relationship Status:
CapitalM's carved upon my skin.

Location: on the southern edge of sanity, under a carolina moon.
Thanked 8,262 Times in 2,255 Posts
miss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputation

if they are still calling you after they've moved on....
they may be into you.
*shrugs*

True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate their life,
through devotion,
to something beyond themselves.

Whenever someone awakens fully,
it affects human consciousness at a collective level.
It is like dropping a stone into a dark murky pond.
Ripples of light...
Not one word need be spoken.

miss entycing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss entycing For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #77
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

I'm still painfully naive about whether or not she likes me... ha... ha...
The Following User Says Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #78
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I like attention, so I can always tell if someone likes me. It works the other way too, I can always see if someone likes my partner, which can be hard.

I'm not always good. Once I spent a whole night with two old friends and completely missed the fact that they were now together. My gf at the time, who was usually rubbish at this sort of thing, was the one to point it out!

It's the way someone looks at you, this searching - looking for deeper meaning kind of look. Their body language changes, they move closer, become more attentive. They listen and remember things you say. Plus they contact you quite randomly. It can always go the other way as well, they can be very distant, even give you dirty looks when you are both out, but then you they always know where you are..
Old 04-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #79
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i assume everyone wants me--i'm a libra.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #80
flower77

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms
Relationship Status:
Single pringle

flower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputationflower77 Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Um.. if I was into you I'd probably go dumb.. you know.. cos all the blood leaves my brain! That is why it's good to meet someone who genuinely makes you laugh.. giggling is a clue (and she's not laughing at you, unless you are making a joke about yourself and you meant her too!) I listen alot. I smile. Take deep breaths. Make eyes. I can't beleive you don't know these things ;-) you cheeky ones ;-)

Sometimes I think I confuse women 'cos if they reached out to touch my arm then I'd be all nervous but that's not the same as making a cold face and stepping backward, which would be "not into you". Reading between the lines it's a compliment I'm all tense! If you know what I'm saying! Sexual tension!

So be careful to know the difference between excited/nervous and not interested/hostile. How she shows her interest in you isn't always blatantly obvious.. so.. There are some videos on YouTube I've recently watched, although straight, kind of give you some solid clues. Named something like How to tell if a girl/boy is into you.

I hope that helps.
F xx
flower77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flower77 For This Useful Post: