Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 AM   #161
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

had to ask someone what OFOS meant.

*nods yes
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 06:32 AM   #162
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
had to ask someone what OFOS meant.

*nods yes
Old Fashioned, old school
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 06:37 AM   #163
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlin2une View Post
Old Fashioned, old school
thank you
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2014, 07:10 AM   #164
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,845 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
thank you
You are welcome!
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #165
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Hummm. Most romantic thing?

At Christmas he gave me a journal to put my writings in, and gingerbread boy/girl salt/pepper shakers. I was teaching him how to use his crock pot.

It was then I realized he really got me. A Bliss first.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #166
Firedance

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, Ma'am, My Lady
Relationship Status:
carrer girl

Firedance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST Reputation
Default A Gentleman’s Chivalry Acts Explained in Practicality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance-with-me View Post
Yes indeed.

Then again there are the butches who simply click the car door unlocked and walk to their side, walk through the door ahead of me and maybe just hold the door until I grab it, hand me my coat, etc. I'm perfectly capable of handling those things myself, and those are not deal breakers if, say, we're running errands to Lowes or something, but in a date? Most likely a deal breaker. And here's the thing: if it's done as a special, and it's clear that this is an act someone is putting on special for the date, that shows. It equally shows if it's as natural and automatic to the butch as breathing.
I have a new favorite Blog. It's all about OFOS, and WHY it STILL matters! Disclaimer, this is written by a cis-guy, but manners transcend gender don't they?

Here is a sample of the amazing writing...

A Gentleman’s Chivalry Acts Explained in Practicality.

I have always been of the mind that in a democracy manners are the only effective weapons against the bowie-knife.
James Russell Lowell
We can find countless articles online praising and criticizing the most evident acts of Chivalry a Gentleman can do towards a lady; holding doors open, opening car doors, and pulling chairs. Those that comment against them, usually do so out of either a lack of manners or simply not understanding why these acts are done. I can’t really blame their ignorance on the topic, because they are not really interested in it. What really surprises me is the lack of understanding by those who profess being Gentlemen. That is why so many of those “Is Chivalry dead” debates end up with the Gentleman thrashed by their counterpart.

If you don’t understand what you are doing and more importantly WHY you are doing it, your actions become simply a pantomime, and imitation, that ends up looking awkward. This is especially true if we don’t have a sense of empathy towards the person in the receiving end of the action. Keep in mind that manners are nothing more than a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use. With that in mind, let’s break down the practicality of some of the more typical actions that can be expected from a Gentleman.

Opening a door for a Lady
Let me start by clarifying, this has nothing to do with a Gentleman thinking women can’t open their own doors. It came from two specific traditions, the overelaborate clothing women used to wear and the role of the Gentleman as a Bodyguard. First off, a woman’s skirt was so wide, they couldn’t even reach the door handle. That is no longer the case, so we don’t need to take this into account any longer. The second is the role of the Bodyguard, of creating a safe environment for women. This is something that still needs to be maintained and even promoted.
A gentleman will open a door first, making sure that the room is safe for her to enter. As she enters, he is able to scan the surroundings to make sure that the area is safe. As he enters after her, the lady is kept from having her back to the door. You might think this seems somewhat paranoid and overly cautious. Just take a few minutes viewing some of the stories of what the ladies have to deal with in a daily basis, and then tell me I am being overly cautious.

Walking a Lady to her door.
Again, as with opening doors, this is all about providing a safe environment for the Lady. Just refer to “Opening a door for a Lady” for a better explanation.

Pulling chairs
Again, a lady can sit down without assistance. This tradition again came from the elaborate dresses of old. But can we really get rid of it? This actually depends on how the Lady is dressed. If she is wearing anything other than a skirt, yes. But if she is wearing a skirt, the lady will probably try to fold it under her legs so it sets properly as she sits down. Now, how is she going to be able to do this AND pull the chair at once? Gentlemen, doesn’t take much to be decent.

Paying
I am tired of clearing this up. Who makes the invite, pays. It’s that simple. It’s not about showing off, or thinking she needs your money, or whatever other nonsense people will say about the topic. You invited them, means you are picking up the check.
What is so complicated?

Helping a lady into and out of a Car
Take a minute and look at your car. Imagine trying to get into it or out of it with a short skirt and heels. Now imagine doing it gracefully. If you drive a low profile sports car or a high truck or SUV, the difficulty level this is even higher. Gentlemen, this is just simple act of consideration towards the Lady.

This is also the reason why you should help a lady when she is walking up and down stairs. Try doing it with 3”+ heels.

Offering a Lady your Jacket
Again, let’s look at women’s fashion when compared to men’s clothing. We typically dress in layers; from the undershirt (optional), the shirt, a vest (optional), and a Jacket. A lady will probably be wearing a lot less. If the weather is somewhat cold, please don’t offer her your jacket. Simply take it off and place it over her shoulders. If you offer, she might probably get self-conscious and refuse, even if she is freezing.

Offering a Lady your seat.
This one, I really can’t believe I have to explain, but here goes. First off, have you taken a look at women’s footwear? It’s a simple act. It’s not like you don’t need the exercise.

I know that most of the comments are based on how the lady is dressed, and you can simply say it’s her problem, that she chose to dress that way. You might think that it was her choice to wear heals, or a strapless dress, or short skirt. Yes, it was her decision. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be considerate.

Guys, none of this is obligatory. Nobody is forcing you. If anything, this has become so rare, it’s no longer even expected from you. Just don’t complain that some of us are not as selfish and self-centered.

http://beingcaballero.blogspot.com/
Firedance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Firedance For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #167
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedance View Post
I have a new favorite Blog. It's all about OFOS, and WHY it STILL matters! Disclaimer, this is written by a cis-guy, but manners transcend gender don't they?

I have always been of the mind that in a democracy manners are the only effective weapons against the bowie-knife.
James Russell Lowell
We can find countless articles online praising and criticizing the most evident acts of Chivalry a Gentleman can do towards a lady; holding doors open, opening car doors, and pulling chairs. Those that comment against them, usually do so out of either a lack of manners or simply not understanding why these acts are done. I can’t really blame their ignorance on the topic, because they are not really interested in it. What really surprises me is the lack of understanding by those who profess being Gentlemen. That is why so many of those “Is Chivalry dead” debates end up with the Gentleman thrashed by their counterpart.

If you don’t understand what you are doing and more importantly WHY you are doing it, your actions become simply a pantomime, and imitation, that ends up looking awkward. This is especially true if we don’t have a sense of empathy towards the person in the receiving end of the action. Keep in mind that manners are nothing more than a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use. With that in mind, let’s break down the practicality of some of the more typical actions that can be expected from a Gentleman.

Let me start by clarifying, this has nothing to do with a Gentleman thinking women can’t open their own doors. It came from two specific traditions, the overelaborate clothing women used to wear and the role of the Gentleman as a Bodyguard. First off, a woman’s skirt was so wide, they couldn’t even reach the door handle. That is no longer the case, so we don’t need to take this into account any longer. The second is the role of the Bodyguard, of creating a safe environment for women. This is something that still needs to be maintained and even promoted.
A gentleman will open a door first, making sure that the room is safe for her to enter. As she enters, he is able to scan the surroundings to make sure that the area is safe. As he enters after her, the lady is kept from having her back to the door. You might think this seems somewhat paranoid and overly cautious. Just take a few minutes viewing some of the stories of what the ladies have to deal with in a daily basis, and then tell me I am being overly cautious.

Again, as with opening doors, this is all about providing a safe environment for the Lady. Just refer to “Opening a door for a Lady” for a better explanation.

Pulling chairs
Again, a lady can sit down without assistance. This tradition again came from the elaborate dresses of old. But can we really get rid of it? This actually depends on how the Lady is dressed. If she is wearing anything other than a skirt, yes. But if she is wearing a skirt, the lady will probably try to fold it under her legs so it sets properly as she sits down. Now, how is she going to be able to do this AND pull the chair at once? Gentlemen, doesn’t take much to be decent.

Paying
I am tired of clearing this up. Who makes the invite, pays. It’s that simple. It’s not about showing off, or thinking she needs your money, or whatever other nonsense people will say about the topic. You invited them, means you are picking up the check.
What is so complicated?

Take a minute and look at your car. Imagine trying to get into it or out of it with a short skirt and heels. Now imagine doing it gracefully. If you drive a low profile sports car or a high truck or SUV, the difficulty level this is even higher. Gentlemen, this is just simple act of consideration towards the Lady.

This is also the reason why you should help a lady when she is walking up and down stairs. Try doing it with 3”+ heels.

Again, let’s look at women’s fashion when compared to men’s clothing. We typically dress in layers; from the undershirt (optional), the shirt, a vest (optional), and a Jacket. A lady will probably be wearing a lot less. If the weather is somewhat cold, please don’t offer her your jacket. Simply take it off and place it over her shoulders. If you offer, she might probably get self-conscious and refuse, even if she is freezing.

Offering a Lady your seat.
This one, I really can’t believe I have to explain, but here goes. First off, have you taken a look at women’s footwear? It’s a simple act. It’s not like you don’t need the exercise.

I know that most of the comments are based on how the lady is dressed, and you can simply say it’s her problem, that she chose to dress that way. You might think that it was her choice to wear heals, or a strapless dress, or short skirt. Yes, it was her decision. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be considerate.

Guys, none of this is obligatory. Nobody is forcing you. If anything, this has become so rare, it’s no longer even expected from you. Just don’t complain that some of us are not as selfish and self-centered.

It's sad that there isn't much activity in this thread at present. Maybe Old School will fade from the horizon like so many other nice things. Firedance thank you for such a wonderful post!
kittygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 07:19 AM   #168
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

Well said firedance
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondrose For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #169
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

~~ It takes 2 ~~ is all i have to say ~~
Old 11-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #170
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

I love seeing new breath being given to this thread. For me, being OFOS means quite simply honoring the romance and respectful traditions we have learned from our parents or grandparents or through watching older members of our communities. The thoughtful and mindful ways with which we treat our beloved is what being OFOS is about for me. As Miss ~ocean mentioned, "it takes two", meaning the same respect and courtesies are given as well as to be expected.

I loved the post that Miss Firedance made including the blog that speaks in practicality. Thank you so much for gentle reminders and for hopefully igniting further dialogue.

I am a door opener, hand kisser, forehead kisser, escort her properly in given circumstance... in general "treat her like a lady" kind of guy. The manners of romance were something that while not always present between my parents or grands, I was acutely aware of when I did get to witness them. I still love seeing the subtle grandeur with which a gentleman (gentleperson) attends his lady and likewise, the graceful nuances that express pleasure and consent on the part of a well mannered mindful lady.

I loved the blog in that while not exactly a "how to" it was more of a "why for" sort of instruction to todays gentlemen. There are many benefits to treating a lady with observant mindfulness, not the least of which is endearing her to yourself and allowing her to feel safe, nurtured and protected. There are also the secret intimacies that are shared more privately between you that these gestures help promote. A playful quote from a beautiful woman regarding gentlemen and their reserved inner thoughts:

A couple of things I was moved to consider from the blog and then I will come back later to add to the discussion as time permits. I have "snipped" the post to just highlight the things I am addressing now.

Quote:

If you don’t understand what you are doing and more importantly WHY you are doing it, your actions become simply a pantomime, and imitation, that ends up looking awkward. This is especially true if we don’t have a sense of empathy towards the person in the receiving end of the action. Keep in mind that manners are nothing more than a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use.

For this moment, I am considering the "why's" and specifically the "how's" of opening car doors and escorting a lady. I will come back to other points later.

I love both placing a lady into the car and helping her out of it. As the blogger pointed out, especially when she is "dressed up" there are more things to consider for her than those of us in mens wear deal with. If she is in a dress or skirt I like to make sure she has gotten comfortable and none of the flowing fabric has fallen over the door opening and will gently tuck it inside the car if it has. I will usually ask to make sure she hasn't forgotten anything inside that I might need to retrieve as it is easier for me to do that than her if she is in heels. I also make sure her seat belt is accessible and again, not caught in between the door closure and will more often than not, wait until she has fastened it before I close her door. It is usually after I know she is comfortable and secure that I will get into the car.

When assisting her out of the car, I will usually position myself to obstruct the view of anyone else in particular if she is wearing a shorter dress or skirt that may have risen during her ride and that might expose more than appropriate areas of flesh. This is secretly a thrill as only I am allowed access to those views and yes, I definitely enjoy the view. I admittedly love the vision of a woman's foot in a sexy shoe stepping out of a car and welcome any opportunity to view it. So, if being helpful isn't enough reason to do it, then remember the benefits :

I will be back later and hopefully new thoughts and discussion will be added. Next I will discuss how I like to escort my lady. If no one adds to the discussion I guess I will simply consider it an opportunity to think out loud and reflect on a few wonderful steps of this dance that is butch/femme (in whatever presentation butch/femme appears in).

Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #171
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post

<snip for space>

For this moment, I am considering the "why's" and specifically the "how's" of opening car doors and escorting a lady. I will come back to other points later.

I love both placing a lady into the car and helping her out of it. As the blogger pointed out, especially when she is "dressed up" there are more things to consider for her than those of us in mens wear deal with. If she is in a dress or skirt I like to make sure she has gotten comfortable and none of the flowing fabric has fallen over the door opening and will gently tuck it inside the car if it has. I will usually ask to make sure she hasn't forgotten anything inside that I might need to retrieve as it is easier for me to do that than her if she is in heels. I also make sure her seat belt is accessible and again, not caught in between the door closure and will more often than not, wait until she has fastened it before I close her door. It is usually after I know she is comfortable and secure that I will get into the car.

When assisting her out of the car, I will usually position myself to obstruct the view of anyone else in particular if she is wearing a shorter dress or skirt that may have risen during her ride and that might expose more than appropriate areas of flesh. This is secretly a thrill as only I am allowed access to those views and yes, I definitely enjoy the view. I admittedly love the vision of a woman's foot in a sexy shoe stepping out of a car and welcome any opportunity to view it. So, if being helpful isn't enough reason to do it, then remember the benefits :

I will be back later and hopefully new thoughts and discussion will be added. Next I will discuss how I like to escort my lady. If no one adds to the discussion I guess I will simply consider it an opportunity to think out loud and reflect on a few wonderful steps of this dance that is butch/femme (in whatever presentation butch/femme appears in).

These are great points and I thought I'd add a couple of steps that I use when a femme is going to be in my car.

Prep: Of course the car is clean and if there is anything that would normally be in the front seat I would put it in the back before picking her up. If needed I would also make sure that the interior surfaces and especially the door sill are freshly wiped down. If she's wearing a dress the fabric might get dirty passing over it. A couple of touches I like to add is to stock certain items that seem to be appreciated and used if present such as bottled water, hand wipes, and a packet of tissues in easy reach. All fresh and unopened.

Another small addition for me would be to pull out the seatbelt out the first foot or so as soon as she is settles so she can get it without having to twist around looking or reaching for it. Optionally I would offer to hold her handbag while she is getting in depending on size.

I also liked the part about WHY to do it and how awkward it can be when you see someone doing these things when that understanding isn't there. For me it is part of taking care of her and if she is is dressed up nicely showing appreciation for the fact that she is done up at least in part for me.

I look forward to your next musings.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #172
Firedance

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, Ma'am, My Lady
Relationship Status:
carrer girl

Firedance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST ReputationFiredance Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
~~ It takes 2 ~~ is all i have to say ~~
Exactly!

And as a Femme I say;

Give me a Butch that knows how to kiss the back of my hand when we meet, and I'll give you one entranced Femme!

Pull out my chair, and as I sit, I'll look over my shoulder and smile, just for you.

Open my door, and I'll step out with enough grace to take your breath away.

Place your hand in the small of my back, and I'll shudder with delight. My body will react to the smallest pressure, and we will walk together seamlessly.

Offer me your arm, and I shall take it with pride, and walk just suggestively enough that everyone will look at us, and see how happy I am to be with you.

Give me your respect, and I will give you mine, and everywhere we go, people will stare, and wish they were us.

~Fire.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Firedance For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #173
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

Opening her door for her, whether she is getting in or getting out is a good way to be very close to her and potentially sneak in a kiss or two so that is another benefit right there. Offering your hand to help her out of the car, when she takes it and seeing the smile on her face. It makes me feel good. I'm sure those of you who do this get what I mean. Then checking the seat to make sure she didn't forget anything.

My last ex didn't really like me doing this for her, which now that I think of it was kind of sad.

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #174
Firedance

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, Ma'am, My Lady
Relationship Status:
carrer girl

Quote:
Let me start by clarifying, this has nothing to do with a Gentleman thinking women can’t open their own doors. It came from the role of the Gentleman as a Bodyguard. The [...] role of the Bodyguard, of creating a safe environment for women. This is something that still needs to be maintained and even promoted.

Since this is written from the Gentle-person's perspective; allow me to add my perspective, (as a OFOS Femme).

I am not just a Femme, I am a Lady. Other people don't like that word, and choose not to use it as part of how they identify. That's fine. It so happens that I do use it to identify myself.
It is a word I have come to OWN.

I am a Strong, Fierce, Independent, Capable, Woman of Worth.
And as such, I both deserve and expect my consort to not only take on the role of my Lover, but also, my Bodyguard, my Confidant, my Champion.

If you want the former, the route to my heart, you must be ALL of the latter. If you can't/won't/aren't interested in showing me respect and admiration, that's fine. You simply aren't for me.

If you happen to be interested in a woman who knows her worth, then find out what she values about herself, and find a way to show her that you honor that part of her! And that is a Fine, Fine, start my friends!

Quote:

LOVE THIS, (Sometimes)!!!

As a matter of fact, I dress WAY more provocatively when I am partnered, or in Queer spaces. (And yes, partially because we all know how catty the drag-queens can get) But mostly because it is pure joy to be seen as FEMME!

My form-fitting, barely-there dresses look at best, awkward, and sometimes down-right terrible with coats or sweaters! And I'm just sayin' y'all might start seeing a lot more Femme-skin if we didn't have to choose between freezing our butts off, or looking hot!

I will sound a note of caution... This is an incredibly intimate gesture. While I would love to have a partner show me this curtesy, without having to ask... A random Butch, or even a close friend doing the same thing would probably get a different reaction. Giving a femme your coat is the same thing as declaring publicly, that, "She is with me". This particular act of kindness may be rebuffed simply because the Femme in question doesn't want to send that message.

Personally I recommend asking first if you have the least question of where you stand... Taking off your coat, holding it out, and then asking, "May I?" would be very well received by this Femme.

Joy on your Journey!

~Fire
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Firedance For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #175
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

~ OSOF ~ isn't just about having proper manners ~ Its also how we view ourselves ~knowing how to treat others ~ how we expect to be treated ~ work ethics ~accepting lives changes ~ knowing how to handle the ups and downs ~ doing it w/ class. ~ anyone can have manners ~ do they handle themselves in situations with class ~ when u find that right butch who can smile after you both handled a delicate situation ~ and as he puts his hand at the small of your back as hy guides you ~ leads you with hys strength ~ you respond w/ a smile of appreciation ~ hy knows ~ ahh class ~ more noticeable than just manners ~ osof ~ is from knowing ~
Old 12-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #176
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

James Russell Lowell

Again, as with opening doors, this is all about providing a safe environment for the Lady. Just refer to “Opening a door for a Lady” for a better explanation........ (shortened for brevity)
This is a marvelous article. (By the way, I just found this thread, and HAD to comment.)

I remember the first time that I went out with someone, after I had started transition. I was out with my date, and my friend, as we had all arranged to meet in Oklahoma City for the night, and we went walking. They ensured that I was placed in the middle, for my protection. Even though I had been a Marine, they were both combat vets, and knew that I had never seen combat. We had gone walking, and were outside of the gay district, in that town, so they wanted to ensure my safety.

They were trying to protect me, in case of an attack by a group of people. Mind you, knowing me, I'd have done my best to help fight the attackers off, I greatly appreciated their consideration, and would have done my best to follow their orders (not that I liked the orders all that much).

To me, protection and courtesy is very important. I treasure the little things, as I never received them, before I transitioned.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #177
Butcher

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
In A Relationship

Butcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST ReputationButcher Has the BEST Reputation

I'm a young butch but I consider myself OFOS. This thread is a blessing.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Butcher For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #178
LilyCat

How Do You Identify?:
casual femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, and the like
Relationship Status:
single

LilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

this is such a great thread!
LilyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilyCat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2015, 05:17 PM   #179
LilyCat

How Do You Identify?:
casual femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, and the like
Relationship Status:
single

LilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST ReputationLilyCat Has the BEST Reputation

A wonderful OFOS butch melts my heart and gets all of me, happily and willingly.

LilyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilyCat For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #180
cutiefemme

How Do You Identify?:
stonefemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Single

cutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputationcutiefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyCat View Post
A wonderful OFOS butch melts my heart and gets all of me, happily and willingly.

I love them!
cutiefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cutiefemme For This Useful Post: