CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Many thanks to Cheryl and ks for pointing this out.

If someone I only know because I frequent their place of employment suddenly wants a photo with me taken by a male co-worker and they grab my breast for the photo, then ask for my number saying maybe we can compare art, I would not take that as a clue of interest. I would take that as a clue they are young, immature, clumsy, and inappropriate.

Inappropriate touching is what sexual harassment and sexual assault are all about. It doesnt matter which gender or sexual orientation is engaging in the inappropriate behavior.

Personally, I have found over the decades, I dont miss clues, even when someone outright asks me if they need to use a 2x4. It means, I am ambivalent and being cautious or standoffish because I am ambivalent.

I really don't want to belabor this point, but a nonconsensual boob grab is classic sexual assault. Period.
Old 12-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #142
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
The longer I've been dating women, the less accurately I can read cues.
Sometimes I think I'm getting hit on, then she'll mention her wife or girlfriend. Other times someone may be sending me huge signals and I'm oblivious.
I was in an art supply store the other night and ran into a young salesclerk who usually only works weekends. She acted really glad to see me, and she even came from around the counter to hug me.
I always figured she was straight, so her enthusiasm for me didn't register at first. Then when she asked her male sales associate to take a pic of us, she sort of glued the side of her body up against mine. I said, "God, what's next, a boob grab?"
By the time the flash lit, her right hand was firmly attached to my left breast--and she held it there for a few more beats after the picture was taken.

I still didn't catch on!!

By the time she asked for my number and suggested we get together so we could "compare art," it dawned on me that she may have been dropping hints.

Too bad she's half my age.
Um
If someone touched me without permission,I'm afraid they would see a not nice reaction.
I have had chest surgery,but even so,I am very particular about who touches me,as I have said,my question now,is" am I into her"someone who done that to me,the answer would be no.

One thing about transition is,I have to be vigilant,to not invade womens personal space and not look at kid."which makes me sad about children,but I present as male now,so I have to renegotiate society norms,but also as a feminist,respect womens autonomy over their bodies.

TBH,straight women are very clear,you know if they dig you,and these days,I meet on a dating site so its pretty clear why i'm there,"I just wanna be friends,is pretty much,ok shes not into me,cause If i'm interested,I just say it,for christ sake I'm nearlly 60,lifes too short to play games.

mooooooooving on
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 01:35 AM   #143
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrainbow View Post
IMHO...

How does this happen?

It wasn't a big deal--she's a goofy artist kid and we've been affectionate pals for a long time. I don't consider every single gesture to be sexual, much less a potential sexual offense. Some people can touch me more than others.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 01:38 AM   #144
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I really don't want to belabor this point, but a nonconsensual boob grab is classic sexual assault. Period.
I wish I wouldn't have mentioned it.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #145
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah non consensual boob/chest grab is assault as well as tacky as fuck!

Who the fuck goes around grabbing peoples chest without permission?

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #146
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximitywithoutintimacy View Post
... this is meant to be a thread for all of us, not just for me to ask advice Seriously, though, am I the only one who has trouble reading a girl? What, in your opinion, are the signs that she's interested?

Or is this "signs" theory just a bunch of crap?

I definitely think there are signs........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #147
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
I dare say even most 2 x 4 butches can pick up most signs....
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #148
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~~
Me and Mary met when we worked in the same office. Every day, without fail, she'd saunter over with a huge handful of pencils to use the wall mounted pencil sharpener in front of my desk. I also noticed she'd only use it when I was seated at my desk.

Now being the 2 x 4 butch that I am I might not of picked up on that sign had it not been for the fact there was a much nicer electric pencil sharpener, as apposed to the old crank model near me, sitting on the vacant desk right next to hers!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: