Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Parenting

Parenting This area is for discussing parenting, adoption and anything related to raising our kids!

Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #21
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I also learned to have the bath water high enough so that it wasn't a 'floating/bobbing" issue. lol I tried never to shame them though.

Then you have the issues of farting, burping, etc. And I don't just mean the boys. lol

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #22
Tcountry

How Do You Identify?:
Country Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
call it as u see it
Relationship Status:
Completely...complete ;)

1 Highscore

Thanked 4,287 Times in 1,181 Posts
Tcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST ReputationTcountry Has the BEST Reputation

I learned how to listen....I mean Really listen. Because everything they say is important to them.

I remember when the oldest was about 4. she walked up to her mom with a serious look on her face & said "Mom we need to talk...I have a problem..."

I don't remember what the problem was....but it was so darn cute & in my head I was thinkin ur 4 what problems could u have? lol
Old 07-31-2011, 10:16 AM   #23
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,827 Posts
luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelli View Post
I also learned to have the bath water high enough so that it wasn't a 'floating/bobbing" issue. lol I tried never to shame them though.

Then you have the issues of farting, burping, etc. And I don't just mean the boys. lol
lol im glad I dont have that issue I did however make her a first time bag for when mother nature comes a calling..that way she is prepared for it ..atleast I hope lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcountry View Post
I learned how to listen....I mean Really listen. Because everything they say is important to them.

I remember when the oldest was about 4. she walked up to her mom with a serious look on her face & said "Mom we need to talk...I have a problem..."

I don't remember what the problem was....but it was so darn cute & in my head I was thinkin ur 4 what problems could u have? lol
I agree it is important in all relationships to listen.
Tcountry that is cute I know they seem like it is life or death and they are so serious, mine makes me laugh daily she pops off with some of the funniest stuff
luv2luvgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 AM   #24
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I just fond this thread and I love it.

My two kids teach me so much every day... They absorb everything... Sometimes its hard for me to connect because they love so many thing I never really got into though, like... video games. I don't DO video games, but I gave in and bought them a Wii and I listen when they tell me about their monsters and their triumphs.

I was always a bit too grown up for a little kid. My daughter is like me, but my son is all kid, all the time.

Yesterday, my 8 year old told me what shes going to be when she grows up.
A rockstar she says, but only at night.
A teacher during the day.
And she will have a husband. He will be a teacher too to help the kids with homework while shes busy being a rockstar.
But, she will take the weekends off to be with her kids.

I never had it planned out like that....
Old 07-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #25
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls View Post
lol im glad I dont have that issue I did however make her a first time bag for when mother nature comes a calling..that way she is prepared for it ..atleast I hope lol
That is FABULOUS of you to do that and to make sure she is as prepared as possible. I recall thinking I was going to die. So bravo to all of you that take that step.

Oh yea.... mother nature time was an awesome time for us. I had taken the time to talk to my daughter, Kassy, about everything that might happen and even had explained that it was like her right of passage. we would celebrate her starting to become a young woman. Opal are to be gifted and we promised her an opal when the time should arrive.

Cruel and I pulled into the drive and Kassy came running in a mad dash, "It's time! She's here. Do I get my opal now?" Cruel and I could just chuckle. We scooped up the kids and went out to dinner. Our son was wondering why all of a sudden Kassy was ear to ear smiles and we were going out to eat. Cruel drove with Caleb and met Kassy and I that way Kassy and I could go to the store for hygiene products. It wouldn't be until the next couple months that she started cramping and wanted to give me the ring back. Now a days she warns us all by saying "my uterus is falling out just let me be".

Now wait until the time that they may not know how to use tampons. Oh joy. Kassy had a friend that tried to put one in her butt. I felt so sorry for her.

Quote:
I agree it is important in all relationships to listen.
Tcountry that is cute I know they seem like it is life or death and they are so serious, mine makes me laugh daily she pops off with some of the funniest stuff
I love all the things these guys come up with during an average day. Or when they start singing songs and don't know the lyrics. Caleb likes country music and when Garth Brooks was singing "I'm not big on social graces" don't you know Caleb was steady singing about "I'm not big on sausage gravy". lol

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #26
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I just fond this thread and I love it.

My two kids teach me so much every day... They absorb everything... Sometimes its hard for me to connect because they love so many thing I never really got into though, like... video games. I don't DO video games, but I gave in and bought them a Wii and I listen when they tell me about their monsters and their triumphs.

I was always a bit too grown up for a little kid. My daughter is like me, but my son is all kid, all the time.

Yesterday, my 8 year old told me what shes going to be when she grows up.
A rockstar she says, but only at night.
A teacher during the day.
And she will have a husband. He will be a teacher too to help the kids with homework while shes busy being a rockstar.
But, she will take the weekends off to be with her kids.

I never had it planned out like that....
Good job mom!

I have found that kids will talk so much when you get down on their level or take the time to play their game or listen to a song or two of their music.

We also have this thing at our house where everyone goes around the table and says a good and a bad thing or 2 good things of their day. At first they resisted and then it got to the point if we skipped it - they let us know.

BTW Tell your daughter she's already a rock star!!

Old 07-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #27
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

luv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputationluv2luvgirls Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That is FABULOUS of you to do that and to make sure she is as prepared as possible. I recall thinking I was going to die. So bravo to all of you that take that step.

Oh yea.... mother nature time was an awesome time for us. I had taken the time to talk to my daughter, Kassy, about everything that might happen and even had explained that it was like her right of passage. we would celebrate her starting to become a young woman. Opal are to be gifted and we promised her an opal when the time should arrive.

Cruel and I pulled into the drive and Kassy came running in a mad dash, "It's time! She's here. Do I get my opal now?" Cruel and I could just chuckle. We scooped up the kids and went out to dinner. Our son was wondering why all of a sudden Kassy was ear to ear smiles and we were going out to eat. Cruel drove with Caleb and met Kassy and I that way Kassy and I could go to the store for hygiene products. It wouldn't be until the next couple months that she started cramping and wanted to give me the ring back. Now a days she warns us all by saying "my uterus is falling out just let me be".

Now wait until the time that they may not know how to use tampons. Oh joy. Kassy had a friend that tried to put one in her butt. I felt so sorry for her.

I love all the things these guys come up with during an average day. Or when they start singing songs and don't know the lyrics. Caleb likes country music and when Garth Brooks was singing "I'm not big on social graces" don't you know Caleb was steady singing about "I'm not big on sausage gravy". lol
her butt!! LMFAO omg you are cracking me up,she wanted to give the ring back huh. So how did Creul take it all? lol I swear imma hide when it comes :O

when mine was 3 her fave song was freebird and she would sit back there and say faster go faster,in a car,and start belting "I cant change" freakin 3 like she knew just what it meant and could relate lmao I love kids
Old 07-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Cool

Cruel has been a trooper - especially for having no kids and probably never wanting any.

We joke a lot about how we met in the SC thread over at the dash site. I think cruel was looking for ummm.... well something less than me and 5 kids. I remember...

Cruel: Do you have any kids?
Me: Are you sitting down?
Cruel: Yes, why?
Me: I have 5.
Cruel: You have 5 what?
Me: 5 kids.
Cruel: *laughing hysterically* You do not, be serious.
Me: I am.
Cruel: ::: silence :::
Me: You should run away.
Cruel: huh?
Me: Really. You should run away. Run FAST! Just when you think you've run far enough away - run faster and further!

Well, as you can see we've made it so far.

I have stories about Cruel and I learning this parenting together too. LOL

Old 07-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #29
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
Cruel has been a trooper - especially for having no kids and probably never wanting any.

We joke a lot about how we met in the SC thread over at the dash site. I think cruel was looking for ummm.... well something less than me and 5 kids. I remember...

Cruel: Do you have any kids?
Me: Are you sitting down?
Cruel: Yes, why?
Me: I have 5.
Cruel: You have 5 what?
Me: 5 kids.
Cruel: *laughing hysterically* You do not, be serious.
Me: I am.
Cruel: ::: silence :::
Me: You should run away.
Cruel: huh?
Me: Really. You should run away. Run FAST! Just when you think you've run far enough away - run faster and further!

Well, as you can see we've made it so far.

I have stories about Cruel and I learning this parenting together too. LOL
hahaha
you guys sound great I hope I find that kind of connection one day ! i bet Creul wishes hy listened :P j/k congrats on such a long relationship.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luv2luvgirls For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #30
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:

Quote:
hahaha
you guys sound great I hope I find that kind of connection one day ! i bet Creul wishes hy listened :P j/k congrats on such a long relationship.

Ty. I will pass it along. I am sure you're right some days. I hope you do find someone that compliments your family and can fit in nicely.

I look forward to sharing more stories as time goes on.

May I ask do your son, daughter, or both - do they refer to you as mom?

Old 07-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #31
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

So... my son lit a box on fire today on our front porch. He found a lighter someone had left out there and lit a candle, then held the flame to the side of the box...

... As soon as i walked out to check on him he dropped the candle under a chair, thank the Gods it went out as he dropped it. After his time out (rather lengthy) I asked him if he understood why it was such a big deal...

Him: I could have hurt myself
Me: you could have burned down the house
Him: oh... but the house was bigger then the fire...

LOL... if I couldn't find humor in all the little things, I would never make it.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:46 PM   #32
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:

Ty. I will pass it along. I am sure you're right some days. I hope you do find someone that compliments your family and can fit in nicely.

I look forward to sharing more stories as time goes on.

May I ask do your son, daughter, or both - do they refer to you as mom?
yeah you can ask,yes they do ,but I am her mom even if I feel like a boi it is what it is she wants a girlie mom she told me to find one lol I swear kids

she likes me like this tho so im glad for that. I play watergun fights and we play games all the time. she just needs the other side now a femme around the house
Old 07-31-2011, 04:53 PM   #33
luv2luvgirls
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
So... my son lit a box on fire today on our front porch. He found a lighter someone had left out there and lit a candle, then held the flame to the side of the box...

... As soon as i walked out to check on him he dropped the candle under a chair, thank the Gods it went out as he dropped it. After his time out (rather lengthy) I asked him if he understood why it was such a big deal...

Him: I could have hurt myself
Me: you could have burned down the house
Him: oh... but the house was bigger then the fire...

LOL... if I couldn't find humor in all the little things, I would never make it.
lol i would be laughing too, but geez huh....:P I love kids

Tags
bonding, family, kids, learning, relationships