Old 05-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
WheelieStrong

How Do You Identify?:
transman on Wheels
Preferred Pronoun?:
his, him, he, bitch, MINE lol
Relationship Status:
Hopeful, longing aching for her touch

WheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST Reputation
Default Falling in Love.. Online

So i'm ust wondering what you all think on the subject of online relationships and love.

Do you think it's possible to fall in love online?
WheelieStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheelieStrong For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

no don't do it. Read the thread about online relationships, meeting etc that Superfemme started.

can you care about people online? sure, look at so many here but falling in love is a whole other ball of wax.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It IS possible to fall in love online. That is the way a lot of great relationships start. Mine included.

Here is the thread Sachita is referring to: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...ead.php?t=1365

It's a discussion about protecting yourself while falling in love....
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieStrong View Post
So i'm ust wondering what you all think on the subject of online relationships and love.

Do you think it's possible to fall in love online?
I think you can meet online. But for me, love comes after face to face interaction. YOu can be attracted to an online persona, fantasize about someone online, or lust after someone online.

Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

You can do anything online or over the phone, but I would prefer real time. That way nobody can pretend to be something that they are not. Just like Rufus stated.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

I have met people who have done it. What I know for sure for me is that it's possible to be madly and passionately >3 online.

And we >3 each other every where - even in public - right in front of people! We don't even care who knows that we are greater then three with each other. We are both hopeless romantics like that. We each stand there with one toe in the water and dare the other one to flinch. -sigh- he is so freakin' cute!

On a slightly more serious note - I know that what I've been looking for is a needle in haystack. Being online gave me a bunch more haystacks to search. Once I found the right stack, the needle was much bigger and quite easy to find. *snicker*

There are no guarantees whether you meet online or in real time. Connections for me are difficult. I am not easily understood, I have a few minor issues. lol. When it's right I think you feel it. When you connect you know it. When it works it is fabulous. There is only one way to know for sure and that is to take the leap. It's not easy for those of us who have lost before. Once bitten....
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to adorable For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Anything is possible. For me, it is not probable.

Relationships are complicated things, so is attraction. I might find someone on line to be intriguing or someone I might like to get to know better. But, falling in love, for me, is an up close and personal thing sans a computer screen or telephone.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Falling in love is a process.

I know LOTS of people who MET online, and an attraction turned into a spark, the spark turned into a fire...and today they are happily together.

It CAN happen. Falling in love online doesn't necessarily mean that the entire process from glimmer to fire happens online. It means that yes, online you can see the glimmer of attraction that can lead to love.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
WheelieStrong

How Do You Identify?:
transman on Wheels
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

WheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST Reputation

i've always been in love with the idea of love..
my people issues and disomfort socially kinda make it impossible.

i find it difficult to even make friends because i fear rejection, sometimes live in my old little world and people don't get me.

Sadly if i wanted sex, i think i could get it easily just to a "social" site.
but i never just wanted sex, so i gave trying to be social.

So i'm here and i think i met someone nice without even looking, we started chatting over the smallest of small things.

But i am kind of woried that my social skills are going to screw me over..
i keep telling myself no matter what i should keep my distance cause i only know the person online.. However i have to consider that in person i would never have had the chance to meet anyone.

God i really do babble on!!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Wheelie? We've chatted and you are going to be fine. You have fabulous social skills. Sometimes it's ok to take a risk, yanno?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

They f**king suck.
Never again—not online, not r/t. I'm attracted to certain
types of women, but I won't let anyone from online get
close except for friendship. Jus' sayin'
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieStrong View Post
i've always been in love with the idea of love..
my people issues and disomfort socially kinda make it impossible.

i find it difficult to even make friends because i fear rejection, sometimes live in my old little world and people don't get me.

Sadly if i wanted sex, i think i could get it easily just to a "social" site.
but i never just wanted sex, so i gave trying to be social.

So i'm here and i think i met someone nice without even looking, we started chatting over the smallest of small things.

But i am kind of woried that my social skills are going to screw me over..
i keep telling myself no matter what i should keep my distance cause i only know the person online.. However i have to consider that in person i would never have had the chance to meet anyone.

God i really do babble on!!
Sometimes it takes going out on that limb to help build your confidence... take it slow, explore likes and dislikes.. TALK about your concerns when you feel the relationship is moving beyond your comfort zone .... If a person cant listen to your concerns without putting you down for it then maybe it isnt the right relationship for you... So dont feel you cant talk about how you are feeling..

I met my Daddy/Sir online.... I then met him in person by going to a state I had never been to and meeting 8 people I had never met just to get out of my comfort zone.. I had really enjoyed my interactions with them online...

Does it always work online? No... Can it? Yes... For me it requires real time interaction but that doesnt mean online is not possible. Everyone has their own personal experiences to judge from... but you can only judge it from your OWN experience... Listen to your heart, listen to those little nudges when something doesnt feel right.. Usually if it doesnt feel right it isnt.. My first online experience was just that way. I gave way too much of myself to someone I hadnt really spent alot of time getting to know. It was a very hard lesson to learn.

I havent read the other thread yet but I have a feeling it will hopefully give you alot of helpful tips...

Good luck!!

Becca
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

For me I think SuperFemme said it best Falling in love is a process.

I know LOTS of people who MET online, and an attraction turned into a spark, the spark turned into a fire...and today they are happily together.

It CAN happen. Falling in love online doesn't necessarily mean that the entire process from glimmer to fire happens online. It means that yes, online you can see the glimmer of attraction that can lead to love.

And that's the way it is with me. I meet femmes online attracted to who they are meet them in person and can tell wether there is a spark there or not. If there is great we can move forward, if there isnt then well that's cool too Ive made a great friend.

I have had friends that met their significant others online as well who have met and fallen in love once they meet. It can happen. And it does happen when its supposed too... Until then it sure is fun meeting and trying
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #14
Lynn

How Do You Identify?:
Unabashed Feminine Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Married!

Thanked 2,416 Times in 504 Posts
Lynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST ReputationLynn Has the BEST Reputation

I think the answer is yes. I know you *can* meet a love on line because I did. I've been with my partner for five years, and our relationship has progressed from online, to long-distance, to living together for the past three years.

It's hard to find a someone who is "right," so I'm all for being open to all options. I know too many people who are single, who have dated all of the eligible people they know, locally. If you want to meet someone, I think it's OK to take a risk. Just be smart and careful. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
that love costs all we are
and will ever be.
Yet it is only love
which sets us free.

Maya Angelou

Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lynn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I think the answer is yes. I know you *can* meet a love on line because I did. I've been with my partner for five years, and our relationship has progressed from online, to long-distance, to living together for the past three years.

It's hard to find a someone who is "right," so I'm all for being open to all options. I know too many people who are single, who have dated all of the eligible people they know, locally. If you want to meet someone, I think it's OK to take a risk. Just be smart and careful. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Thank you for this post Lynn. I admit to being too scared to post because I do believe it is possible to find love online, I found My babygirl on the other site, and we've happily moved over here since then.
IMHO relationships, be they online, r/t, long-distance, ALL take hard work, honest, open communication and talking as often as you possibly can, even if it's merely to say "sorry, I can't get online right now, but don't think it's because I don't want to talk to you, it's for *x* reason(s)"
If you meet someone you click with then it's up to you to see where and how far it can go, dismissing it out of hand because they are far away can mean you will regret that for the rest of your life, yes, it is hard being long-distance, I speak from experience here, My babygirl lives in SC, and I live in the North-East of England. It might be harder than dating someone just down the street but it is equally rewarding, today we have webcams and the likes of Skype where you don't have to spend a fortune calling someone on the phone, you hook up your cam and mic and chat, it's not exactly face to face, but it comes pretty damn close.
Try not to be too scared, that's the best advice I can give, and don't let other peoples doubts dissuade you either, it's your personal choice as to how you choose to live and love!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:43 PM   #16
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
Thank you for this post Lynn. I admit to being too scared to post because I do believe it is possible to find love online, I found My babygirl on the other site, and we've happily moved over here since then.
IMHO relationships, be they online, r/t, long-distance, ALL take hard work, honest, open communication and talking as often as you possibly can, even if it's merely to say "sorry, I can't get online right now, but don't think it's because I don't want to talk to you, it's for *x* reason(s)"
If you meet someone you click with then it's up to you to see where and how far it can go, dismissing it out of hand because they are far away can mean you will regret that for the rest of your life, yes, it is hard being long-distance, I speak from experience here, My babygirl lives in SC, and I live in the North-East of England. It might be harder than dating someone just down the street but it is equally rewarding, today we have webcams and the likes of Skype where you don't have to spend a fortune calling someone on the phone, you hook up your cam and mic and chat, it's not exactly face to face, but it comes pretty damn close.
Try not to be too scared, that's the best advice I can give, and don't let other peoples doubts dissuade you either, it's your personal choice as to how you choose to live and love!
I'm glad you posted because I was hoping you would. Wheelie is in England too!

Your last sentence is the best: don't let other peoples doubts dissuade you.

Amen! At the end of the day, it is between you, your object of desire and fate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
I'm glad you posted because I was hoping you would. Wheelie is in England too!

Your last sentence is the best: don't let other peoples doubts dissuade you.

Amen! At the end of the day, it is between you, your object of desire and fate.
Thank you SuperFemme!
I know, I noticed Wheelie was one of the few BFPers on My side of the pond, unfortunately we're at opposite ends of our small island, if I lived closer I can guarantee that I would be popping by for a chat and a cuppa!

Wheelie, I sincerely wish you all the best here!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #18
WheelieStrong

How Do You Identify?:
transman on Wheels
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
Thank
I know, I noticed Wheelie was one of the few BFPers on My side of the pond, unfortunately we're at opposite ends of our small island, if I lived closer I can guarantee that I would be popping by for a chat and a cuppa!
i would offer to put the kettle on for you Syr, but it won't fit, no matter how much i try to squeeze in!

My ex gf (the wench lol) who cares for me is from Sunderland, are you that far North East?
Old 05-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #19
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Sometimes it's ok to take a risk, yanno?

I did, I've loved and lost, but not for any reason anyone would ever imagine.

Honestly, I'd do it again if the right person happened into my life
Well, at least when I'm ready, anyhow

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #20
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfyOne View Post
I did, I've loved and lost, but not for any reason anyone would ever imagine.

Honestly, I'd do it again if the right person happened into my life
Well, at least when I'm ready, anyhow
Awww. Wolfy. Did she ball up your socks rather than just match n fold?

I hate that.

Tags
love, online, relationships