Old 05-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #21
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Awww. Wolfy. Did she ball up your socks rather than just match n fold?

I hate that.

LOL, she never had to do the laundry because of that.

You'd probably be one of the few that believed me if I told you the whole story.
It's sad, so bring a hankie with you.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieStrong View Post
i would offer to put the kettle on for you Syr, but it won't fit, no matter how much i try to squeeze in!

My ex gf (the wench lol) who cares for me is from Sunderland, are you that far North East?
lmao No problem but Thank you for the effort!

Yeah, I'm from up past Newcastle now, used to live in 'the toon' but I moved further north to be with My family. I wonder if I know her ... if she was ever on the scene in Newcastle in the past 13 years, it's entirely possible we've bumped into each other!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #23
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What's a kettle? Is that for super fast water boiling? To make tea?
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
What's a kettle? Is that for super fast water boiling? To make tea?
Yeah, we use kettles here, that plug into the wall, to boil water for cups of tea, or coffee, or hot other drinks ...
Old 05-16-2010, 08:20 PM   #25
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
Yeah, we use kettles here, that plug into the wall, to boil water for cups of tea, or coffee, or hot other drinks ...
I THOUGHT so. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #26
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Quote:
I THOUGHT so. Thanks!
You are more than welcome.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:36 PM   #27
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,618 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I think, for me, the internet gives me a cerebral start...because online is a brain thing. I read, I interact. I process. I also "feel" but I feel in regard to what I am seeking...and until I can meet the other person and have energies exchanged and movements entwined ( I am not talking about sex but actualy movement, because that creates a mass of moving energy) I cant develop those feelings. It can have a start online but it has to have the presence of the other one to be developed.

sadly, not all those feelings we start with over the internet, will be developed into love. The actual movement of that person might not match my energies...intellect, yes. Obviously something they wrote inspired me..its a brain thing. But it didnt carry out in person..and thats ok too...
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 PM   #28
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

hey Wheelie

i have had several relationships that started online. In fact, the 3 major relationships that have meant the most to me personally all began online, including my relationship now with Massive. i don't think either of us were looking for anything serious, and though we've been chat room friends for a while, when the connection...well, connected, boy did it!

i had/have no fear about starting online....but the distance between Hym & me scared me like crazy....it still does a little. If we were at least on the same continent, i know i could drive or fly to see Hym without it costing $1000 and requiring lots of legalities. But, that's ok. We take it one day at a time. We talk a lot via skype, yahoo & text and let me tell ya there is nothing like getting a package in the mail and opening it up to see what goodies are inside!

But the bottom line is, it felt right. It feels so much more than right. It is meant to be. And it really is all about effective communication.....online or not.

There are fake people online and face-to-face. How often do you hear about how when people first meet they acted one way, but as time went on, they changed? It happens, no matter how people meet or interact. i do think it's easier to continue to be fake over the computer, but regardless, you have to take chances no matter what. And you're going to meet some people who suck and some who are great. That's how life is.

Taking chances, especially with your emotions, is never easy. But what's the alternative? Closing yourself off to possibilities? It's pretty safe, and lonely too. Yeah, i did that for many years....well, until Massi came into my life anyway.

Good luck to you! And don't let another person's experience or tale keep you from discovering what is and isn't right for you.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #29
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,618 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

lol, Rav, you mentioned a box of goodies! My last LDR sent me monthly boxes of goodies! He was so sweet...little things that meant alot. Nothing expensive..mostly from dollar stores or Wal Mart of little places he would go all month..he would collect them in a box every month and then send them off to me. It was like xmas for the soul! It showed me how well he knew me, for one thing. Like, when he sent me ice cube trays for every holiday..he was talking to the hostess in me! And he sent me foods from his state too. I sent him cookies and ethnic food from my world as well. It was one of the pleasantries that the "boy next door" kind of dating doesnt need...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #30
WheelieStrong

How Do You Identify?:
transman on Wheels
Preferred Pronoun?:
his, him, he, bitch, MINE lol
Relationship Status:
Hopeful, longing aching for her touch

WheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST ReputationWheelieStrong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massive View Post
lmao No Yeah, I'm from up past Newcastle now, used to live in 'the toon' but I moved further north to be with My family. I wonder if I know her ... if she was ever on the scene in Newcastle in the past 13 years, it's entirely possible we've bumped into each other!
No Syr i beleive she moved down here 20 years ago and hated it
WheelieStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #31
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Quote:
No Syr i beleive she moved down here 20 years ago and hated it
lol I can't blame her, it is a bit grim oop north!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #32
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Awww. Wolfy. Did she ball up your socks rather than just match n fold?

I hate that.
I resemble that remark! I learned the hard way how to match Daddy's socks. I had NO IDEA there were lines INSIDE the collar of the sock (is that the right term?).... So now "I" buy his socks and they are all white!! No problem matching up now! Now to discretely get rid of those "other" socks...
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #33
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueEyes View Post
I resemble that remark! I learned the hard way how to match Daddy's socks. I had NO IDEA there were lines INSIDE the collar of the sock (is that the right term?).... So now "I" buy his socks and they are all white!! No problem matching up now! Now to discretely get rid of those "other" socks...
Bwahaha. Right? I hate toe lines. Blah.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #34
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

You DO realize I threadstalk you right?

As long as all the socks are the same I don't mind.

Maybe I'll buy some black ankle socks to throw in the mix to annoy you...
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #35
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post

just remember: she can always "accidentally" throw in her red panties. guess what color socks you'll be wearing then?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #36
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonK View Post

Why yes Sir.... I do realize you threadstalk me... hmmm... (thinks to myself... what mischief can I get myself into on here so that I can get your attention??? )...

Since we usually shop together I am not worried.. will just make sure they are ALL the same black socks!!

Quote:
just remember: she can always "accidentally" throw in her red panties. guess what color socks you'll be wearing then?

good one SF!!! I like that... but...ummmm... I wear his socks too so ummm maybe not...

giggling... that was funny...
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #37
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So i'm ust wondering what you all think on the subject of online relationships and love.

Do you think it's possible to fall in love online?
No.

Just, no.

Don't.

Love is a transient enough whore in the real world.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #38
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I think you can grow close to someone. Become quite fond of them, perhaps. But falling in love is something I reserve for an in person encounter. I have only really experienced full-on once in my life. And I can pinpoint the exact moment I really felt it in an unfiltered, pure way.

I recently recounted the story to someone of how I met this particular woman. The responses I get from people when I tell the story range from "that's unbelieveable" to "you have to write a book." I can't imagine I ever will because it is mostly private what happened between us. And that's the way I prefer to keep it...although I admit to a weak moment now and then.

Jake
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #39
SoulSearcher

Default MY THOUGHTS

Okay I know that I am late on this subject, but better late than never right? Here are my thoughts on the subject of falling in love with someone online.

First of all I do not believe that any of your thoughts are wrong. For a-lot of people, falling in love with someone online or even just having an online relationship is a personal choice. Some people are totally okay with it, while other's aren't; and that's okay.

Now on a more personal note... I do believe that any number of feelings can exist for a person online even the feeling of being IN love. However, you may not always know if it truly is In love, and not just love, like or lust until you meet the person face to face. Two of the main reasons for this are because A. Face to face is always different because not only is there the physical aspect of it all but you also connect in a different way and on a different level. And B. There are some people who sadly are not face to face what they claimed to be online. Some are not even WHO they claimed to be.

There will always be factors that can change any situation in either a positive or negative way. This does not mean that we should limit ourselves, say no to everything or have some long list of things we won't do. Life is about taking chances. There are always going to be some things that work out for us, and some things that don't. Either way, we enjoy things for the moment and we learn and grow from things. If people didn't take chances, then would any of us ever experience love, happiness or even talking to or meeting anyone that touches our life or impacts us in any way?

I have seen many relationship from online work out and last for years; some are still going strong. I have also seen some relationships from online not work out. I believe it is all a matter of whether or not the two people really want it to work and how much time and effort they put into the relationship. No matter what happens, it does not mean that any feeling that two people feel for each other online is not real or should minimized. I think only the two people directly concerned can know what it is they truly feel.

Sorry if I rambled; I really didn't mean to. I just wanted to share my thoughts and I guess on some topics I kind of get off track. LOL.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #40
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

The thought of a relationship sucks.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love, online, relationships