Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 03:38 AM   #461
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Seeking some karaoke & live country western music......

Carol's Pub 4659 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60640

A real mix of people and a lot of fun..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 10:00 AM   #462
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Soups that'll warm your inners.......

Same Day Cafe 2651 N. Kedzie Ave

Of course they have other items but it was soup and more soup for this frozen Popsicle! So good I had two in fact, in retrospect I should of order a bowl and had our waitress save a trip! My dining companion had a BLT which looked divine. If I'm not half frozen to death my next trip there, I plan on trying their pan potatoes.......
Old 03-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #463
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

This, minus the bananas, was heavenly! It came with a whipped almond butter and of course more of the deliciously warm caramel sauce if requested!

My dinning companion stuck with the pancakes

Old 03-20-2019, 04:41 PM   #464
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Duh.........

The above goodies were enjoyed at Meli Cafe in Chicago!

I believe it was at the Dearborn St location..
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2019, 04:52 PM   #465
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
If you're in Chicago and looking for some good thin crust then head to Vito's & Nick's at 8433 South Pulaski Road.

I haven't explored much of the South Side of Chicago, but luckily for me my dining companion knows it like the back of her hand. We ended up here on a very busy Friday night and because she had some "in or pull" we got a table in short order. I am not a pizza snob let me say that right off the bat! I enjoy NY style, thick, deep dish, thin, hot or cold, fresh, leftovers, hell I've even purchased a frozen one a time or two but this pizza was delicious! All veggie toppings were fresh and the meat was not the least bit greasy. I was introduced to many of the waitstaff, other diners, and I think even one of the owners if I'm not mistaken. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere almost as much as I enjoyed the food!

Check it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed..

Revisited.......SO GOOD!!
Old 03-21-2019, 05:33 AM   #466
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Looking for a very unique place? ........

Longman & Eagle 2657 N Kedzie Ave Chicago

It's a hotel, restaurant, and bar all in one!

Just met up with some friends there and enjoyed this while we waited!

I don't know if I just lucked out or if the cookies are always warm.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:43 PM   #467
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Visiting in Chicago's burb Northbrook?

Prairie Grass Cafe 601 Skokie Blvd

I could of made a meal out of the bread alone!
Old 03-23-2019, 04:43 AM   #468
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Going to be in or near the Chicago suburb of Algonquin....

check out

Montarra Grill 1491 S Randall Rd

It's a bit more pricey and upscale than all my previous posts.

The bartender makes a mean cocktail and the desserts are out of this world. Try the french onion soup. It's a bit different but very good.

Old 03-23-2019, 04:51 AM   #469
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Howell's Sandwich Co. 929 Water St, Port Townsend, WA

Me and Mary checked this out Friday. The sandwiches were FANTASTIC!!!!
Old 03-27-2019, 07:57 AM   #470
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Two Spot Bakery 173 W Bell St, Sequim, WA

We got there just before closing and it was slim pickings, however the three cookies we were able snag were out of this world!
Old 03-31-2019, 07:10 PM   #471
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Christina’s Place 3759 N Kedzie Ave Chicago

We stopped in here on my last visit to the Windy City for St Patrick's Day and the thing I remember is all the very friendly people, both patrons and staff alike. It was very casual and had a great down to earth vibe.

The drinks were generous and very reasonable if memory serves me correctly....

Sidebar: I think it's rude and just down right disrespectful to ogle waitstaff especially when you're on a date with someone else, but that being said I do admit to stealing a few discreet glances.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:26 AM   #472
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

1118 N State Street

If you're going to be in Chicago and looking for someplace with them plus food and cocktails, check out Devereaux on the 18th floor of the Viceroy Hotel.

I can only vouch for the cocktails and views, both were spectacular!
In summer I believe there is a rooftop pool as well.

Not being a summer person I opt for the romantic winter vibe without all the chatter and splashing!
Old 04-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #473
Plaidandroses

How Do You Identify?:
Kinda sparkly kinda sporty...I like a little shimmer gloss with my undercut :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her/hers

Plaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST Reputation

OK homoe was looking forward to someone else posting in this thread so here is a short list of places you must visit / things you must do if you're in Denver:

Brunch at Beatrice and Woodsley. Second best Bloody Mary in the Denver area and the dining room is filled with magical amber light and aspen trunks. (I'm going to try to post a photo, forgive me if it doesn't work.) They have big comfy booths but I also love eating breakfast at the bar because the bartenders are friendly and really fascinating to watch.

Plaidandroses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plaidandroses For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2019, 08:33 PM   #474
Plaidandroses

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her/hers

Plaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST ReputationPlaidandroses Has the BEST Reputation

Denver Union Station has a bunch of good restaurants including a Snooze (can you tell I'm into breakfast LOL), a bookstore, an ice cream shop, and a fancy schmancy hotel. Plus it's just a really cool place to hang out.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Plaidandroses For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #475
Plaidandroses

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her/hers

One more: Biju's Little Curry Shop is casual, cheap, and really good. It's kind of like if Chipotle had Indian food. Warning: the hot curry is HOT.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plaidandroses For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #476
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

1118 N State Street

If you're going to be in Chicago and looking for someplace with them plus food and cocktails, check out Devereaux on the 18th floor of the Viceroy Hotel.

C'mon Homoe, if someone's in Chicago for 1 night on the town, they really should go to the Sear's (Willis) Tower's Signature Lounge on the 96th or 97th floor of the 110 floor building.
The elevator ride's worth every penny. Have scared quite a few friends on the ride up. It's an exciting sway.
Don't know the address...just look up.

By looking up you'll also see my #2 choice, The John Hancock building's lounge on the 96th floor. 875 Michigan Ave. in historic Streeterville. (wanted to get a condo in that bldg. what seems like a hundred years ago).
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2019, 12:35 PM   #477
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
C'mon Homoe, if someone's in Chicago for 1 night on the town, they really should go to the Sear's (Willis) Tower's Signature Lounge on the 96th or 97th floor of the 110 floor building.
The elevator ride's worth every penny. Have scared quite a few friends on the ride up. It's an exciting sway.
Don't know the address...just look up.

By looking up you'll also see my #2 choice, The John Hancock building's lounge on the 96th floor. 875 Michigan Ave. in historic Streeterville. (wanted to get a condo in that bldg. what seems like a hundred years ago).
SWOON @ condo in that building......
Old 04-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #478
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

1118 N State Street

To be honest I didn't even know about this place until Valentine Day when my Chicago friend introduced me to it........
Old 04-10-2019, 10:23 PM   #479
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

1118 N State Street

Old 04-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #480
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Enjoy theater and going to be in Chicago anytime........

Between April 24th - June 2 2019? Then try and catch August Rush based on the 2007 movie about an orphan and musical prodigy searching for his birth parents.

This is at the Paramount Theater in the suburb of Aurora at 23 E Galena Blvd, Aurora, IL

If you've never seen the movie, treat yourself to it! It's a wonderful little gem..