Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > LGBT Activism, Allies, ETC.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Gay Bus - Game... Kill the Homosexuals

I wasn't sure where to post this...
I am not even sure what can be done - but this is HORRIFIC!
For once my brain is at a loss and has no idea what to do.

This needs to be removed or reported - just not sure how or where?!?

New Grounds is hosting "Gay Bus," a game in which the goal is to run over as many "homosexuals in sailors hats" as possible. Each collision splatters blood onto the hood of the "Gay Bus."

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/360298

User Comment:
"Simple, yet incredible!"
by: EpicFail
date: October 31, 2010
First of all, I want to give you props for making a game like this... It's obvious there would be people bitching about it but you haven't bitched out of it or removed it, and that's what makes you awesome for it.

Can't say much about it, gameplay is easy, graphics are basic, everything's basic but it's so fun.

My high score so far is 180, I tried really hard because I really hate gay people.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteFemme View Post

New Grounds is hosting "Gay Bus," a game in which the goal is to run over as many "homosexuals in sailors hats" as possible. Each collision splatters blood onto the hood of the "Gay Bus."

User Comment:
First of all, I want to give you props for making a game like this... It's obvious there would be people bitching about it but you haven't bitched out of it or removed it, and that's what makes you awesome for it.

Can't say much about it, gameplay is easy, graphics are basic, everything's basic but it's so fun.

My high score so far is 180, I tried really hard because I really hate gay people.
tom@newgrounds.com Tom is the founder of Newgrounds, and head honcho. I emailed him with my complaint. There's an entire list of the head honcho folks and mods on this page too...> http://www.newgrounds.com/staff
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
dreadgeek
Power Femme

How Do You Identify?:
Cinnamon spiced, caramel colored, power-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to a wonderful horse girl

Thanked 6,848 Times in 1,493 Posts
dreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputationdreadgeek Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I want to say I am surprised or shocked that anyone would take the time to code all this up in Flash but I'm not the least bit surprised. Nor am I at all surprised that some 'phobe has found his own personal Jesus in the form of the guy who coded this.

Cheers
Aj

Quote:

User Comment:

"People on the side of The People always ended up disappointed, in any case. They found that The People tended not to be grateful or appreciative or forward-thinking or obedient. The People tended to be small-minded and conservative and not very clever and were even distrustful of cleverness. And so, the children of the revolution were faced with the age-old problem: it wasn’t that you had the wrong kind of government, which was obvious, but that you had the wrong kind of people. As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn’t measure up." (Terry Pratchett)
dreadgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dreadgeek For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Fucked up, but you know. Not surprising.

There are already games where you can run over, drown, or shoot at every other demographic on the planet. We're certainly not immune to douchebags with computers.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

That is completely ridiculous and appalling, I pm'd the "honchos"

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #6
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

A 19 year old kid from the UK made it.

Doesn't surprise me either. I used to hate on gay people too when I was that young.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organicbutch View Post

Doesn't surprise me either. I used to hate on gay people too when I was that young.
19, huh? Ambitious little fucker.

When I was 19 I was far too busy avoiding my parents phonecalls and hating being sober to run around making video games.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Pixie

How Do You Identify?:
Equal Opportunity Friend
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girl
Relationship Status:
in service

Thanked 4,104 Times in 1,332 Posts
Pixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST ReputationPixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

No offense bro...

But I don't think his age or relativity to surprise gives it any kinda excuse or shoulder shrug....

-Pixie-

Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pixie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #9
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

That is an incredibly boring and simplistic game.

We have a game in the arcade on this site called Carmegeddon....object....run over as many kids and old ladies with walkers as you can in 90 seconds.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
That is an incredibly boring and simplistic game.

We have a game in the arcade on this site called Carmegeddon....object....run over as many kids and old ladies with walkers as you can in 90 seconds.
Kobi...

I think for ME and why it has such an effect (simplistic or not). We are right now at a height (at least awareness) of LGBTQ suicide among our youth.

What message does this simplistic game send? Boring or not - it makes a grave statement.

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 05:55 PM   #11
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Kobi...

I think for ME and why it has such an effect (simplistic or not). We are right now at a height (at least awareness) of LGBTQ suicide among our youth.

What message does this simplistic game send? Boring or not - it makes a grave statement.
IF,

I am trying to grasp your concern after a very long, tiring day with an empty tummy and swiss cheese for a brain. Perhaps I should revisit this when I am rested and full.

Peace.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #12
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

No offense bro...

But I don't think his age or relativity to surprise gives it any kinda excuse or shoulder shrug....
Go kick his ass then.

I'm a Soul Rebel

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #13
1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I find it interesting that, as a culture, we are offended by people calling us by the wrong pronouns, but not offended by the idea behind the game. I don't think hate on any level or hidden in any context is okay. Just my 2 cents....
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #14
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
IF,

I am trying to grasp your concern after a very long, tiring day with an empty tummy and swiss cheese for a brain. Perhaps I should revisit this when I am rested and full.

Peace.
Kobi - hopefully you will have rested, eaten and prepared a meal of your brain by the time you read.

I am not sure what generation you are (actually should not matter). BUT - I have lived, participated and fought for this community for 30 years - I have seen my friends raped and even murdered based on the fact they were LGBTQ. I was a gay teen and I attempted suicide in 1977. I was 15 years old. I have been raped based on who I am. I can still hear the laughter in their voices.

Today, we are seeing so many of our youth killing themselves - because really as simple as the concept is.

IGNORANCE breeds HATE
Hate KILLS!

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014

Last edited by Julie; 11-08-2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: still twitching
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #15
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Quote:
Kobi - hopefully you will have rested, eaten and prepared a meal of your brain by the time you read.

I am not sure what generation you are (actually should not matter). BUT - I have lived, participated and fought for this community for 30 years - I have seen my friends raped and even murdered based on the fact they were LGBTQ. I was a gay teen and I attempted suicide in 1977. I was 15 years old and a gay teen. I have been raped based on who I am. I can still hear the laughter in their voices.

Today, we are seeing so many of our youth killing themselves - because really as simple as the concept it.

IGNORANCE breeds HATE
Hate KILLS!
I agree with you 100% but I'm more offended at the grown ass man that worked for the school board saying that he's happy the young people that killed themselves did. The kid that made this game is 19 years old, he probably has never even been out of his home town and he's a nerd (I know my own kind) and is probably gay himself he just hasn't realized it yet.

I'm a Soul Rebel

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #16
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I agree with you 100% but I'm more offended at the grown ass man that worked for the school board saying that he's happy the young people that killed themselves did. The kid that made this game is 19 years old, he probably has never even been out of his home town and he's a nerd (I know my own kind) and is probably gay himself he just hasn't realized it yet.
I get it Son! He is probably completely unaware of the ramifications of his game. He is probably a latent homosexual (I love that term) and absolutely a nerd. Could in fact be any one of our children.

Still no excuse, and I would like to kick his ass.

YES - that educator was horrid in his words about our children. And he was taken care of. But what about the message he sent out prior? Same as the message this little twirp is sending out.

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #17
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

From http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/netsol.com

Registrant:
Newgrounds
Thomas Fulp
PO BOX 480
Perkasie, PA 18944
US
Phone: +1.2152799026
Email: tom@newgrounds.com

Registrar Name....: Register.com
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: newgrounds.com
Created on..............: 1998-09-17
Expires on..............: 2017-09-16

Administrative Contact:
Newgrounds
Thomas Fulp
PO BOX 480
Perkasie, PA 18944
US
Phone: 215-279-9026

Technical Contact:
Newgrounds
Thomas Fulp
PO BOX 480
Perkasie, PA 18944
US
Phone: 215-279-9026

DNS Servers:
auth1.dns.cogentco.com
auth2.dns.cogentco.com
ns1.newgrounds.com
ns2.newgrounds.com

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:37 PM   #18
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

Register.com might be open to feedback on how their client is using the domain.

http://www.register.com/

They might not care but they do have a handy customer service number.

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #19
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Then there is cogentco
http://cogentco.com/us/cs_faq.php

"Cogent takes its abuse policy very seriously. Please send abuse complaints to abuse@cogentco.com."

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 PM   #20
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

And if the game is in flash, flash is an adobe product and adobe might have some restrictions on the use of said product.

Calling adobe now

- Bjork

-Viktor Frankl