Notices

Old 05-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #2941
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Carrie Pilby Stars: Bel Powley, Nathan Lane, Gabriel Byrne

A person of high intelligence struggles to make sense of the world as it relates to morality, relationships, sex and leaving her apartment.

A little quirky ,yes it is based on the novel by Caren Lissner, but it was just what I was in the mood for
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 07:39 PM   #2942
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,915 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

DONT BREATHE
Old 05-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #2943
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Has anyone seen Get Out?

I saw the previews yesterday and even the preview scared the hell out of me.

I know homoe doesn't like Rotten Tomatoes ( I read one of homoe's posts recently )but I usually agree with their reviews. The critics gave it 99% and viewers 88%.

That is one of the highest ratings that the critics on Tomatoes usually give and viewers are close behind.

I am interested in anyone that saw it and their thoughts. Is it really as scary as it looks? If there is a trick or surprise ending, pls give a spoiler alert.

Thanks a lot.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 05-13-2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Typo
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #2944
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,892 Times in 9,889 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default @ Anya

I haven't seen or heard of it, but I will ask my bff if she's seen any sort of trailer for it at the movies.

I'm no movie expert or anything, but when I look up a movie via a Google search and I read the R.T. analysis, I sometimes think that how they determine the success of the film based on methods of critical review (which I think encompasses ranking systems of: budget, box office earnings, +\- audience opinion, and evaluative analysis by industry experts - such as Siskel and Ebert) gives someone a type of way to form their own opinion --- or in case someone has viewed the film and either agrees with submitted assessments or rejects submitted assessment of said film, is mostly, I think, pretty much near the agreed upon general evaluation of the film.

BUT, *lol*, I do tend to think that there is no real mistake free way to know if you've got a box office success or in some cases, films that were thought to not be well received actually turned out to be huge Sleeper hits.

Thanks for posting about Get Out, Anya.
I'm going to add it to my Memorial weekend "gotta see" movies list.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #2945
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Beauty and the Beast and i want to see it again!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #2946
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

Guardians of the Galaxy 2!! I loved it! Super silly and fun.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2017, 09:53 AM   #2947
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default The 9th life of Louis Drax

******trigger warning*****

After surviving eight near-death accidents throughout his unlucky life, Louis Drax plunges off a steep cliff on his ninth birthday and falls into a coma. While police investigate the cause of Louis's near-fatal fall and the whereabouts of his violent father, Peter, acclaimed neurologist Dr. Allan Pascal uses unorthodox techniques to try to tap into the boy's unconscious mind and reveal the truth about the events that led to his condition.

If you can tolerate the topic, this movie was very well done.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 07:34 PM   #2948
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Has anyone seen Get Out?

I know homoe doesn't like Rotten Tomatoes ( I read one of homoe's posts recently )but I usually agree with their reviews. The critics gave it 99% and viewers 88%.

That is one of the highest ratings that the critics on Tomatoes usually give and viewers are close behind.

I am interested in anyone that saw it and their thoughts. Is it really as scary as it looks? If there is a trick or surprise ending, pls give a spoiler alert.

Thanks a lot.

Yes, I want to see this too and it just came on Demand to rent! If I rent it, I'll let you know
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 12:34 AM   #2949
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Get Out

I caught it on VuDu.

I am really glad I saw it. It was highly original and very clever. It was not scary in the way that I had feared, meaning not a slasher-type movie (well some but not gratuitous).

I will say no more other than it is worth seeing. Also, I like to support creative films that are written and directed by minorities.

My hope is always that if it is successful; it opens the door to more filmmakers that would otherwise not have a chance to create their own vision.

It was smart scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Has anyone seen Get Out?

Thanks a lot.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 03:04 AM   #2950
IrishAmazon

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ms.
Relationship Status:
Dancing in the sunshine and rain.

IrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST ReputationIrishAmazon Has the BEST Reputation

The girls I spent my weekend with decided they could not live through the week unless we saw BayWatch.
In their defense 16 years on the earth does not equate taste.

I was pleasantly surprised the story of course was thin, but this is intentionally tongue in cheek with out being overly so.

Their Mom and I laughed all the way through. It is a great piece of fluff.Very much like cotton candy.

IrishAmazon
IrishAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IrishAmazon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 04:23 AM   #2951
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Beauty and The Beast. I so wanted to see this when it came out but didnt make it, caught it on line the other day and was a tad disappointed. A little too much of a musical for my tastes and a bit cringey in parts though it was balanced bu some beautiful scenes too. I have to say I thought Beast was better looking than the man he became at the end.....but then I thought King Kong had a certain something too....maybe a Daddy energy !

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 04:29 AM   #2952
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Sunday night I watched a gem of a movie called Wild Oats with Shirley MacLaine and Jessica Lange. It's currently running free on Starz channel.
]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 02:25 AM   #2953
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

i've seen million dollar baby it's a movie about of the world of the sport the boxe the vision of a man who has seen many up and down of talentuous boxers morgan freeman explain the life of one of them a woman who has fight to have the time of her life i've cried because she's dead at the end that movie makes me emotive but i have seen resident evil too perfect to kill some zombies wanna be not cute ^^
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2017, 07:37 AM   #2954
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Sunday night I watched a gem of a movie called Wild Oats with Shirley MacLaine and Jessica Lange. It's currently running free on Starz channel.
]
Shirley MaLaine is really very good. I saw her last movie, The Last Word, when it came out and really enjoyed it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2017, 07:05 PM   #2955
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Wonder Woman!

I went today with my daughter, her BF and my 12-year-old granddaughter.

We all loved it!

The storyline, the acting and special effects were all top notch. I really appreciated that it was not cartoonish and that it had heart.

We saw it in 3-D and were glad that we did.

Definitely worth seeing!

~Washington Post

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #2956
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

We had taken my nephew to see Boss Baby, talk about adult humor that goes right over the kids head. It was totally a funny movie, both children and adults liked it.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 08:26 AM   #2957
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Oranges and Sunshine (2010) Emily Watson

Set in 1980s Nottingham, social worker Margaret Humphreys holds the British government accountable for child migration schemes and reunites the children involved -- now adults living mostly in Australia -- with their parents in Britain.

This was extremely good ......
Old 06-14-2017, 07:26 PM   #2958
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

3 Generations starring: Naomi Watts Susan Sarandon Elle Fanning Linda Emond

This movie is SO much more than a transitioning 16 year old!

It's a movie about family, relationships, and lies that always come to surface. I

highly recommend this movie....
Old 06-15-2017, 01:12 AM   #2959
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation

Quote:

It's a movie about family, relationships, and lies that always come to surface. I

homoe,

Where did you find that film? Your brief review makes it sound interesting.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:09 AM   #2960
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I just saw the trailer for that- it looks so good!!!!!!!!!

My last movie was Wonder Woman and it was so so good and I'm loving watching the ripple effect of it in aspiring amazons everywhere.

Also recently was Guardians of the Galaxy 2--- Go Groot!

And saw Hidden Figures for the 5th time.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie