Notices

Old 03-27-2018, 10:03 AM   #3261
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Furlough .. Melissa Leo Whoopi Goldberg

When an inmate is granted one weekend out of prison to see her dying mother, a rookie correction officer struggles to keep her under control.

We liked it but this movie switched from a very funny comedy to a drama near the end.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2018, 07:05 PM   #3262
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Furlough .. Melissa Leo Whoopi Goldberg

When an inmate is granted one weekend out of prison to see her dying mother, a rookie correction officer struggles to keep her under control.

We liked it but this movie switched from a very funny comedy to a drama near the end.
We rented it On Demand btw..........
Old 03-28-2018, 04:05 AM   #3263
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Dressmaker 2015 Kate Winslet, Judy Davis, Liam Hemsworth

A glamorous woman returns to her small town in rural Australia. With her sewing machine and haute couture style, she transforms the women and exacts sweet revenge on those who did her wrong.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 05:49 AM   #3264
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The Dressmaker 2015 Kate Winslet, Judy Davis, Liam Hemsworth

A glamorous woman returns to her small town in rural Australia. With her sewing machine and haute couture style, she transforms the women and exacts sweet revenge on those who did her wrong.
I saw this a while ago and really enjoyed it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2018, 04:30 PM   #3265
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I saw this a while ago and really enjoyed it.
Oh glad you liked it too! It was bit "different" but most enjoyable and Judy Davis was outstanding!
Old 03-28-2018, 08:08 PM   #3266
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh glad you liked it too! It was bit "different" but most enjoyable and Judy Davis was outstanding!
Absolutely. I nearly clapped at the ending.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2018, 05:11 PM   #3267
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Absolutely. I nearly clapped at the ending.
OMG Yes the ending! PERFECTION
Old 04-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #3268
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Love After Love

staring: Andie MacDowell, Chris O'Dowd

Following the death of their father, two sons deal with the trials of their own lives while watching their mother explore new beginnings of her own.

IMHO it was an odd little movie and certainly NOT an uplifting one.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:57 AM   #3269
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default READY PLAYER ONE

hi film buffs,
So went to see this film yesterday in imax.
I liked it.
For Stephen I think it was a nod to nostalgia and quite a lot of self indulgence.
The film plot is pretty much as he title suggests, based around video gaming.
But there are more things in the film he wants you to think about too.
E.g like spending more time in reality and how technology is ruling us and not the other way round.
The film did convey these thoughts well, but I feel it could have been cut by a few minutes.
It was very spectacular in imax, and the 3D was done very well too.
Check out a trailer, see what you think and if you are a old school video gamer I would say go and see it.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2018, 09:12 AM   #3270
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default From the Land of the Moon (Mal de pierres)

This films a real gem, and I can't praise it enough. If you like foreign films then your in for a real treat. It's a French subtitled film.
The context is quite heavy, and you will have to be in the mood for this film as it's in no way comedic. Watch the trailer and see what you think.
But this film Is one that you foreign film buffs will want to see for sure.
Mario Cotillard plays this with so much conviction, it's pure pleasure to see an actress do this level of work.
Please, please make the effort to Watch it.
You won't regret it.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2018, 10:07 AM   #3271
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,092 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Wonder Woman - I not only loved the early parts on the hidden isle of Amazons (who here wouldn't?!) but also the comments made on the world we live in as seen by an innocent (Wonder Woman) when she entered our world. Yes!

I also loved the bit about how "it was determined that for procreation, men are essential, but for pleasure, unecessary" - had me in giggles, did that!

Light entertainment that makes one think - and great to look at too? Gets my vote!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #3272
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Film Director Aaron Katz (on his life and latest film .....)

Independent Film Director Aaron Katz is releasing his latest film - titled Gemini.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Katz, here's a couple of links: Wiki, and a link to an recently published article about his life, what he's up to, and his latest film release.

http://www.talkhouse.com/tracking-my...ffair-with-vhs

Aaron Katz is not related to Vera Katz, who was an Democratic three term mayor for the city of Portland (she passed away last December).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaro...29?wprov=sfla1

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 09:34 AM   #3273
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Oh this looks very good

Miss Katz, have you seen this already? If not, is a release date available?
Here's an movie trailer for the independent film, Gemini, homoe. It waa filmed and peoduced last year (2017), but is due for release this year (2018). But yes, check it out!

_____ ______
Old 04-07-2018, 11:28 PM   #3274
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Independent Film Director Aaron Katz is releasing his latest film - titled Gemini.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Katz, here's a couple of links: Wiki, and a link to an recently published article about his life, what he's up to, and his latest film release.

http://www.talkhouse.com/tracking-my...ffair-with-vhs

Aaron Katz is not related to Vera Katz, who was an Democratic three term mayor for the city of Portland (she passed away last December).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaro...29?wprov=sfla1
I enjoyed reading his article about his love affair with VHS tapes...
Old 04-08-2018, 08:15 AM   #3275
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
very nice, I'm glad you enjoyed the article! You asked when the film was released, and I read that it was released in the US the last week of March. Just about a week ago or so. Since it's an independent film, I imagine it will be shown in independently owned theaters (?).....
Old 04-26-2018, 02:47 AM   #3276
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Molly's Game.......

The true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game and became an FBI target.

Finally got around to watching this last night! It was WAY better than I thought it would be

It just goes to show you if the FBI wants ya or wants you to turn on others, they'll stop at nothing to do it!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:33 AM   #3277
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
The true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game and became an FBI target.

Finally got around to watching this last night! It was WAY better than I thought it would be

It just goes to show you if the FBI wants ya or wants you to turn on others, they'll stop at nothing to do it!
I do think Sharon Stone would of been a bit better in this role!
Old 04-26-2018, 07:35 AM   #3278
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I would love to see him make a documentary about his love affair with VHS tapes!
Old 05-02-2018, 04:41 AM   #3279
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Avengers: Infinity War.

Loved it. My son warned me to dehydrate myself before we went so I didn't need to use the bathroom during the movie. (It is 2.5 hours long + previews) Good advice. There is so much going on you can't miss any of it. Looking forward to the next one!

If you decide to go, make sure you wait until the end of the credits. The extra scene is worth it!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2018, 05:26 AM   #3280
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I Feel Pretty with Amy Shumer

Loved it, and boy did it send a message!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie