deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

"The Captive"

It was OK. Nothing I would write about.
Something a bit disturbing though.
However, I have seen much better acting.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #1942
snowbrdr303

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey buddy
Relationship Status:
Ecstatic <3

snowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputationsnowbrdr303 Has the BEST Reputation

Fury

I saw this in the theater too but just got it on Amazon.com early release the other night.

Very intense, very psychological war film (graphic but with good reason). Definitely one of my top picks for 2014.
snowbrdr303 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snowbrdr303 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #1943
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I watched Life of Brian last night. It had been forever since I'd seen it.
Howled.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #1944
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I watched quite a few movies yesterday.

The Wolf of Wall Street - Most excellent, I feel like Leo was perfect the role. He usually casts well when he does a movie.

No Pain No Gain - totally stupid, would not watch again. I feel like the acting was terrible, the plot was completely stupid and the way it was all setup made the movie hard to follow.

Don Jon - Another great movie, I feel like one of the characters could have used a little more character development, but otherwise it was good.

Mean Girls 2 - It was nice to see it done differently from the first one, obviously low budget film, but it is not a bad movie.

Forest Gump - A classic, can't go wrong with this one.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #1945
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,585 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not so good........

Always Woodstock (2014)

Don't waste your time, another one of those where the previews are the best parts IMHO at least
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #1946
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Madea Christmas

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #1947
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Lucky Them........

Toni Collette, Thomas Haden Church Oliver Platt

A rock journalist is assigned to track down her ex-boyfriend by her boss.

I normally enjoy these actors and actresses but even they couldn't breathe life into this thing! We don't know much about the past, I mean why this guy left and made it look like perhaps he had committed suicide and SPOILER ALERT even when she finds him, we never find out why!

Some parts of the movie were shot in Seattle so we focused on picking out streets and landmarks we knew

I say lucky them who avoided this movie and watched something else
Old 01-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #1948
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Last night I saw Mr. Turner.

Timothy Spall is hard to look at for three hours. Maybe if he weren't constantly emitting a thick, phlegmy grunt, I'd feel differently.

That said, the landscapes are breathtaking.

And I've always loved his work. J.M.W. Turner, I mean. The painter.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:52 PM   #1949
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,144 Times in 560 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Nemo!

Finding Nemo!

Can not wait for "Finding Dory" !
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2015, 08:46 PM   #1950
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,654 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished The Big Year. I'm not a birder and didn't know that that was what the movie was about but I was intrigued at the line up of Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson.

I actually enjoyed the movie. Sure, it wasn't the best one I ever saw, but it was well done and had a message about the cost of our passions.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #1951
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Heaven is for real. Good movie based on a true story. It moves a little slow, but its based on a true story, real life moves slow

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2015, 07:16 PM   #1952
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default The movie binge continues...

A documentary called Standing in the Shadow of Motown. Excellent and the music is fantastic!!!

The Fox. This is a bit dated now but still worth a look at. This is from 1967 BEFORE lesbian movies could have a happy ending..lol

Wrestling Ernest Hemingway (Shirley MacLaine)We enjoyed it very much, check it out and see what you think
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2015, 07:18 PM   #1953
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Evil Dead 2 from 1987

Laughable now but was scary as hell back then!

Yet Bruce Campbell makes the movie.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2015, 08:44 AM   #1954
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 33,964 Times in 8,543 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Barfly (1987)

Barfly has held up over time and it's as good as I remember. Written by Charles Bukowski and somewhat autobiographical (I think), it's about people who unapologetically live on the edges of society. Loved the chemistry and honesty between Henry (Mickey Rourke) and Wanda (Faye Dunnaway)—job well done by both.

It's vulgar, violent, insightful, funny, sad, and good.

Bukowski makes an appearance in one of the bar scenes.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2015, 02:19 AM   #1955
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Barfly (1987)

Barfly has held up over time and it's as good as I remember. Written by Charles Bukowski and somewhat autobiographical (I think), it's about people who unapologetically live on the edges of society. Loved the chemistry and honesty between Henry (Mickey Rourke) and Wanda (Faye Dunnaway)—job well done by both.

It's vulgar, violent, insightful, funny, sad, and good.

Bukowski makes an appearance in one of the bar scenes.
Weird, I *just* rewatched that yesterday. I saw it when it came out. There was an evening of charles bukowski at the Rio (the sort of funk repetory theater here that does readings, bands, cult films, animation fests, B-fests etc) and I couldn't go as i didnt have the dosh, so decided to watch it on my own.

It was good. I love mickey rourke and fay dunnaway... both incredibly good actors. bit short for me. I forgot it was more a 3-4 days in the life of.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:35 AM   #1956
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Starred Up.

Incredible. Really intense, gripping, real to life. Starred up is the term used in the UK for young offenders that get moved up to adult prison early.

It's a UK prison drama and very well done. well acted and very real plot. the violence is not gratuitous and it's not a moral fairy tale like so many hollywood flicks are. That gets on my nerves sometimes. It's just a raw and honest story written by a man who worked in the UK prisons as a volunteer therapist.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star...h=starred%20up

you can find the trailer there as well.

I love rottentomatoes as a review site, btw, my personal tastes usually run along par with the group reviews done. Sometimes there is a huge discrepancy between reviewers and audience grading - which is interesting...

I tend to follow that rather than netflix (some incredibly good movies on netflix that won tons of international film festival accolades get 2/3 stars and some of the SHITTEST things I've seen gets 4.5 stars) or imbd. Better descriptions, better reviews.
The Following User Says Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2015, 02:47 AM   #1957
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

I really do want to see Mr Turner and The Imitation game.

I love biopics.

I loved Wilde with steven fry and jude law.

Id like to see a decent one about Tesla and one about Dirac
Old 01-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #1958
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

Hunger games, Mockingjay

I'm a huge fan of the books. Even tho i like the first 2 better, i did still enjoy part 1. I cannot wait for part 2. Thats when s**t gets real in pan am.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #1959
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
Starred Up.

Incredible. Really intense, gripping, real to life. Starred up is the term used in the UK for young offenders that get moved up to adult prison early.

It's a UK prison drama and very well done. well acted and very real plot. the violence is not gratuitous and it's not a moral fairy tale like so many hollywood flicks are. That gets on my nerves sometimes. It's just a raw and honest story written by a man who worked in the UK prisons as a volunteer therapist.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star...h=starred%20up

you can find the trailer there as well.

I love rottentomatoes as a review site, btw, my personal tastes usually run along par with the group reviews done. Sometimes there is a huge discrepancy between reviewers and audience grading - which is interesting...

I tend to follow that rather than netflix (some incredibly good movies on netflix that won tons of international film festival accolades get 2/3 stars and some of the SHITTEST things I've seen gets 4.5 stars) or imbd. Better descriptions, better reviews.
I use Netflix also and have added an extention to Chrome called Flix Plus that adds the ratings for Rotten Tomatoes as well as IMBD to the Netflix rating and they are live links for a straight click over to which ever you want to read in-depth. I like getting to see all three lined up together for an over-all rating.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:24 PM   #1960
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thumbs up

Suspect older movie with Cher which turned out to be very good

A judge commits suicide, and his secretary is found murdered. A homeless deaf-mute man is arrested for her murder. Public defender Kathleen is assigned by the court as his lawyer. She sets to find the real killer, and gets help from the a congressional advisor, together they discover a dangerous circle of corruption in high places.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:

Tags
film, movie