Notices

Old 11-11-2010, 11:23 PM   #21
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

When someone starts following too closely, i'll just take my foot off the gas and start coasting.

If they back off i'll continue on my way. If they don't, we'll both be going about 2 mph quickly.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #22
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravfem View Post
When someone starts following too closely, i'll just take my foot off the gas and start coasting.

If they back off i'll continue on my way. If they don't, we'll both be going about 2 mph quickly.

A little tap on the brake works too
LipstickLola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LipstickLola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2010, 11:36 PM   #23
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Bo View Post
How bout clogging up the passing lane and not passing anyone?
i do this on purpose (not on the highway)
drive next to another car
so a jackass trying to pass can't

if one is just passing fine

if 15-20 cars are at a red light
in two lanes
and the speed limit is 35
and said jack ass has bobbed and weaved muliple times in .5 mile
I will block said ass

as pointed out in the zombie thread I can be an ass

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amiyesiam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2010, 11:53 PM   #24
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default what other drivers do to make me insane.....

They insist on being on the road,
at the same time I am.
Whats up with that?!?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #25
KatieStar

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

KatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST ReputationKatieStar Has the BEST Reputation

I recently moved to a big city. It's my first, so learning how to maneuver around has been quite interesting. But, the one thing (aside from the traffic) that has me baffled, is emergency flashers. I swear... as long as you have those on - you can get away with pretty much anything. It drives me nuts!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #26
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

What do other drivers do that make you insane...get on the road.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #27
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiyesiam View Post

I have also found that a bit of weaving down the road
will get people off your tail (I drive home from work late at night)
It might also get you a stop by the local police if one of those people behind you calls them to report a suspected drunk driver.
Old 11-12-2010, 12:52 AM   #28
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
It might also get you a stop by the local police if one of those people behind you calls them to report a suspected drunk driver.
AH but I never drink and drive
so stop away

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #29
SassyLeo
Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
Bicyclist that ignore traffic laws such as cycling through red lights and stop signs. Then wonder why they are getting hit.

Before all the bicyclist pop, I also am troubled by drivers that do not look in the mirror to be sure it is clear and a bicyclist is not coming down the road before they open the door of the parked car and injure or kill a bicyclist.

I live in LAND of Bicycles. It is kind of a crazy phenomenon. I mean, I think it is a good thing...cheaper, good exercise, good for the planet, etc. However many cyclists here believe they are 'above the law', frequently breezing through stop signs, flying out of blind corners, NOT using the bike lane when there is one (which they are many here in Portland). How do they expect to get the respect of walkers and drivers when they don't obey the laws?!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SassyLeo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 01:22 AM   #30
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyLeo View Post

I live in LAND of Bicycles.
Our town and surrounding roads are very popular for bicyclists - distance riders train here and off-roaders use trails all over the hillsides - so folks drive in from all over to ride here. It's a friggin' nightmare of hundreds of people in little packs wearing gaudy bright skintight bicycle outfits, outfits so horrid that they make plaid golf pants look good. The town is two lane roads (many with bike lanes) and four-way stops at every intersection. Almost without fail, the two-wheelers assume they are above the law and cruise right through every stop sign, and they ride down the middle of the side roads so that you're stuck behind them. Fucking pain in the ass, every last one of them.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:15 AM   #31
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Drifting from lane to lane.
Not driving the speed limit - hint: If people have to speed up to the speed limit to pass you, you are going too slow!
Speeding through school zones.

And my biggest pet peeve of all:

Passing a stopped school bus!
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 06:32 AM   #32
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

passing stoped school busses, speeding, talking on the phone, not using turn signals, flipping lit ciggs out the window ,spitting and generaly thinking they are the only person out there that has someplace to go..and not LOOKING for motorcycles!
asphaltcowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to asphaltcowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #33
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

what drivers do that make me insane
  1. ... go to pass you in the passing lane then jump in front of you and slow down
    ... truck drivers who park at the fuel pumps , and go inside with shaving kit and hoppin in the shower
    .... when you go to make a right hand turn and you got some idiot trying to pass you on your right side to beat you for that right turn
    ... people driving to slow in the passing lane
    ... drivers who dont know the difference between yeild and merge
    ... drivers who are coming onto the highway, from a entrance ramp and dont know where the gas is to merge with the flow speeds.. and just hang there
    ... drivers who pull out in front of you on city streets and roads and dont know where the gas pedal is
    .... drivers riding your bumper
    .... drivers texting while driving
    ... drivers talking on the cell phones with NO head set.. GGRrrrrrrr
    .... drivers who do NOT have there kids in car seats
    ..drivers pulling a horse trailer with the side windows wide open and the horses head is sticking out while going down the highway .. GGRRR
    ....drivers throwing trash out the window
    ... people throwing lite ciggies out the windows.. ( i see this a lot)
    ... drivers who can drive huge bus like RV's while pulling a trailer and dont need no special safy training or license etc..
    ...drivers playing on a lap top or watching a movie while driving

i can go on and on here..... lol

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #34
Random

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 5,327 Times in 1,379 Posts
Random Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST ReputationRandom Has the BEST Reputation

Talking on the cell... nononononon
the road rage dance...
weaving in and out of traffic and not using your blinkers
riding the bumper
Old 11-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #35
Miami

How Do You Identify?:
Gentlemyn Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

2 Highscores

Miami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST ReputationMiami Has the BEST Reputation

Going REAAALLLLLL slow until you try to pass them, then they turn into speed demons JUST so you CAN'T pass them!!! And idiots who turn their blinker on AFTER they've made a turn!!!
Old 11-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #36
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Driving in NJ is craxy the people cut right in front of you all the time!!
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #37
Sunny

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Sunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST ReputationSunny Has the BEST Reputation
Default North Jersey vs South Jersey

When I drive in North Jersey it is very different then in South Jersey. After I go over the Bridge is when the attitudes change. They are far more aggressive in the North. I have to change my whole attitude. It is stressful at times. I grew up in North Jersey so I have to go back watching all the other drivers around me. My Mom always said I do not worry about the way you drive it is the other person.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #38
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

pick their nose at a red light..

HELLO??? We can SEE you!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #39
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Signals are not a part of the *additional options package*... When driving in Denver using your signal only gives the other drivers cause to speed up... and let them know that you wish to be a willing participant in a game of bumper cars... Better yet, those people that think that they can just squeeze in when they have known for the last five fricken miles that the lane they are in is going to end...
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #40
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
I have some friends that live in SF that don't drive (I love our rapid transportation where I live and use it often) and that have almost been hit by this very thing many times! One of them carries a frozen water bottle to whack cars when this happens!
Oh my god, that is so awesome! I might have to start doing that.

I've always settled for yelling "if you injure me - you go to jail."