Old 11-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Blue

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Married

Blue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST Reputation
Default B Flicks...Post your favorites here

I have long been a fan of B Movies. This is probably a result of too many Sunday Thriller matinees and staying up way too late as a teen. Between the Evil Brain From Outer Space and Frankenhooker (not to mention loving Monty Python on PBS) I was hooked. I liked the low budgets, corny special effects, truly melodramatic dialogue and the way B Flicks always knew just what they were and invited me to join in the laugh. Some have reached stellar heights like Hairspray (John Waters) and Rocky Horror Picture Show (Richard O'Brien); others live on in memory and might never be seen again. What are some of your favorites?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwLxxcOmKW0"]YouTube- Worst Movie Scenes of All Time: Episode 24[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVUmocFFN7Q"]YouTube- HAIRSPRAY (original & best)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg1CDCD3z5E"]YouTube- frankenhooker ain't easy being a frankenhooker[/ame]
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

I finally saw "Street Trash" (1987) a few weeks ago.
For the life of me, I have no idea how I missed it before. It's from that fun '80s era of extreme gore horror comedy, when extravagant and copious bloodletting could earn a film the dreaded "X" rating.
In that era (Re-animator, Dead Alive, Evil Dead 2) filmmakers often used colors other than red to lovingly render groundbreaking gore effects while avoiding the censorial "X" rating. Much of the gore in Street Trash appears in vivid cheerful colors. Lots of "meltdown" effects. Kind of like what Rainbow Bright or the Smurfs might look like if they had their limbs torn asunder.
While it is not in the same league as the legendary films listed above, it is still a very enjoyable film. The keep-away game with the castrated penis is a bonus, as is the none-too-subtle Reagan era social commentary.
Recommended!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiq8hyqnZS8"]YouTube- AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED - DEATH TAKES A SHIT (Street Trash Movie)[/ame]
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation
Default Transylvania 6-5000

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTE6As6-tm8"]YouTube- Transylvania 6-5000 Trailer I[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3r8ik4ZpIA"]YouTube- Is Good. Smell it. Smell everything...[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHUJdV9HIk"]YouTube- Transylvania 6-5000 Michael Richards compilation[/ame]

Best B movie ever.
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation
Default and of course

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6gJOyK8M_A"]YouTube- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes Trailer[/ame]

Try getting that theme song out of your head.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Semantics For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2009, 07:08 PM   #5
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

This one gave me terrible nightmares when I was a kid. I slept on my sister's bedroom floor for weeks after I watched it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhyRpvgm03g"]YouTube- The Blob (1958) - Theatrical Trailer[/ame]
Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Blue

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Married

Blue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST ReputationBlue Has the BEST Reputation

I've never heard of Street Trash...truly gory...but so surreal. I think I saw Transylvania 6-3000 but it was years ago. I went through a creature feature phase recently and got hold of Octopus I and II and Crocodile I and II. There is something about the toy submarine with the giant octopus...I just love that stuff.

Here's one that just HAD to be made...Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus...Lorenzo Lamas and Debbie Gibson (remember her?) Come on...as if a fear of flying wasn't enough...now giant sharks snatching 777s out of the sky...It's just too great.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjV1ctDfBcs"]YouTube- !!MEGA SHARK VS. GIANT OCTOPUS TRAILER !!CAMPY TRAILER IS A WEB HIT!![/ame]
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Here's one that just HAD to be made...Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus...Lorenzo Lamas and Debbie Gibson (remember her?) Come on...as if a fear of flying wasn't enough...now giant sharks snatching 777s out of the sky...It's just too great.

YouTube- !!MEGA SHARK VS. GIANT OCTOPUS TRAILER !!CAMPY TRAILER IS A WEB HIT!!
I love that.

Here's another of my favorites:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-90EW2Om4t0"]YouTube- B-Movie Trailer: The Astro-Zombies[/ame]

I'm also a big fan of The Misfits and love their Astro Zombies song:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v86jU_1HcPU"]YouTube- Astro Zombies[/ame]

Old 11-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I've never heard of Street Trash...truly gory...but so surreal. I think I saw Transylvania 6-3000 but it was years ago. I went through a creature feature phase recently and got hold of Octopus I and II and Crocodile I and II. There is something about the toy submarine with the giant octopus...I just love that stuff.

*Laughing at the sharks plucking 777s out of the skies*
Hate when that happens.
I enjoy a creature feature. Just saw Lake Placid (crocs) and liked it, especially the lovely Betty White calling the sheriff "officer fuckmeat" ha.
And when she says: "I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hope he swallows your friends whole. You might want to arrest me for that too. Is that a crime? To wish the chewing of law enforcement?" She is so great.
I agree with what you said about the old models used in film prior to digitalization. I like the way they look. The plasticity (for lack of a better word) of current digital effects seems to render a visual uniformity or glaze to the films that use them. I did like the way the modeled look was virtualized in films like Tim Burton's "Mars Attacks" and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". I miss that look, and I'm certain today's digital effects will look every bit as dated as the old model effects. (couldn't find a flying saucer smilie)
Old 11-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantics View Post
I love that.

Here's another of my favorites:

I'm also a big fan of The Misfits and love their Astro Zombies song:

Tura Satana! Misfits!

I just adore Tura Satana and am very pleased that she remains so active in film, conventions, and on her myspace and her blog. Can you believe she is in the second Astro Zombies sequel which is coming out next year?!?
I'm glad a big documentary is coming out about her next year in tandem with her long awaited autobiography. She has had an unbelievably fascinating life, from her childhood in a Japanese internment camp to her fabulous film career, being shot by an ex lover, being engaged to Elvis, etc etc. What a woman. And still going strong into her 70's. I look forward to reading her book (hope it doesn't cost $350. like Roger Corman's autobiography...)
Director Ted V. Mikel has had a long and interesting career in making awful movies (and I say that with love) and is also still completely active. I have a soft spot for his "10 Angry Women" (even thought there were only 8 of them) because it tried to cram every exploitation cliche that would fit into 90 minutes. He has a cameo in the clip below as the dude who gets his heart pierced by a stiletto heel. What's not to love?

I also admire his ability to come up with film titles that are worth the price of admission alone ("Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" anyone? ha)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldcy9v5DtvE"]YouTube- 10 Violent Women Trailer[/ame]
Old 11-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
Roger Corman's autobiography...)
Ewww I meant Russ Meyers.
Embarrassing!

Corman's autobiography was very good.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #11
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default Because I'm just not right

I rented Lake Placid 2 this week and it was pretty awful. Not "good" awful either. The sequel was an unrated direct-to-video with no budget.
The one saving grace was the always enjoyable Cloris Leachman ( or Clitoris Leachman as we always used to call her) taking over the foul-mouthed granny role originally played by Betty White. Not a notable role for her but it reminded me of her awesome performance in the lead role of "Crazy Mama" (1975).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUtZz0Gidjo"]YouTube- CLORIS LEACHMAN DROPS THE F-BOMB ON THE DAILY 10[/ame]
Old 12-10-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation
Default economy James Bond on a budget

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCnE6t69B2I"]YouTube- Secret Agent Super Dragon (1966) Trailer[/ame]
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Based on a true story.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2cLmbCyzhE"]YouTube- Attack of the 50 Foot Woman (1958) - Trailer[/ame]
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #14
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzeeTiger View Post
Classics!
Old 12-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

ahem. why do you think i have this name! I bastardized it (cause she's mean and hates people using her name) but its an homage to Tura.

Faster Pussycat Kill Kill

Quote:
Tura Satana! Misfits!

I just adore Tura Satana and am very pleased that she remains so active in film, conventions, and on her myspace and her blog. Can you believe she is in the second Astro Zombies sequel which is coming out next year?!?
I'm glad a big documentary is coming out about her next year in tandem with her long awaited autobiography. She has had an unbelievably fascinating life, from her childhood in a Japanese internment camp to her fabulous film career, being shot by an ex lover, being engaged to Elvis, etc etc. What a woman. And still going strong into her 70's. I look forward to reading her book (hope it doesn't cost $350. like Roger Corman's autobiography...)
Director Ted V. Mikel has had a long and interesting career in making awful movies (and I say that with love) and is also still completely active. I have a soft spot for his "10 Angry Women" (even thought there were only 8 of them) because it tried to cram every exploitation cliche that would fit into 90 minutes. He has a cameo in the clip below as the dude who gets his heart pierced by a stiletto heel. What's not to love?

I also admire his ability to come up with film titles that are worth the price of admission alone ("Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" anyone? ha)
YouTube- 10 Violent Women Trailer
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to turasultana For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #16
turasultana

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
spoken for

turasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputationturasultana Has the BEST Reputation

Blood Sucking Freaks

If you haven't seen it, you're missing grand guignol theater, brains being sucked out thru straws, naked women dancing while eating cocks on hot dog buns.

overall a classic.
turasultana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

YouTube- !!MEGA SHARK VS. GIANT OCTOPUS TRAILER !!CAMPY TRAILER IS A WEB HIT!!
roflmao

I knew Debbie did Broadway *snarf* but had no idea this was out there.

Quote:
*Laughing at the sharks plucking 777s out of the skies*
Hate when that happens.
I enjoy a creature feature. Just saw Lake Placid (crocs) and liked it, especially the lovely Betty White calling the sheriff "officer fuckmeat" ha.
And when she says: "I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hope he swallows your friends whole. You might want to arrest me for that too. Is that a crime? To wish the chewing of law enforcement?" She is so great.
I agree with what you said about the old models used in film prior to digitalization. I like the way they look. The plasticity (for lack of a better word) of current digital effects seems to render a visual uniformity or glaze to the films that use them. I did like the way the modeled look was virtualized in films like Tim Burton's "Mars Attacks" and "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". I miss that look, and I'm certain today's digital effects will look every bit as dated as the old model effects. (couldn't find a flying saucer smilie)
I loved Betty in Lake Placid!

I love, love, LOVE Blazing Saddles. I'm not sure where on the alphabet it falls....A...B....C....but I just adore it to pieces. On the scarier side of things, I remember a movie about killer bunnies. The effects were atrocious but I loved them. You could tell they built a set and let average size bunnies go to town, literally. I'm sure it was called Killer Bunnies from Outer Space or something equally lame, but I still like it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #18
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
On the scarier side of things, I remember a movie about killer bunnies. The effects were atrocious but I loved them. You could tell they built a set and let average size bunnies go to town, literally. I'm sure it was called Killer Bunnies from Outer Space or something equally lame, but I still like it.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIsI7CwjH3M"]YouTube- NIGHT OF THE LEPUS (trailer)[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xulXFB3-A3c"]YouTube- Night of the Lepus (Best Clips!!)[/ame]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #19
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Keeping Blazing Saddles in mind (K just watched it and was surprised how good it was):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X4X3XcLyco"]YouTube- Spaceballs trailer[/ame]

May the Schwartz be with you!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLgosdE_zIQ"]YouTube- Trailer - History of the World, Part I (1981)[/ame]

Its good to be the king!

Although I have to admit loving the classic:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gUKvmOEGCU"]YouTube- Night Of The Living Dead Trailer[/ame]

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #20
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I love Spaceballs. Basically anything Mel Brooks touches is gold for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: