Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #81
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 05:57 AM   #82
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default texas spoonbill

saw these nesting near me !

Old 05-05-2019, 07:24 AM   #83
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
saw these nesting near me !

Oh wow that is amazing, such a great photo. Nice pick!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 09:30 AM   #84
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mourning Dove

Notes from the video: Did you know they make these haunting sounds through their nostrils? A gulp of air a big chest expansion and it comes out their nose. One of my favorite sounds in the Backyard this fellow gives us a rare closeup performance!

Personal note: We have Mourning Doves that roost near my work campus and when I'm on a lunch break, walking around the neighborhood, you can hear the Mourning Doves cooing, nearly all hours of the day or night.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #85
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

So it was an interesting week at the feeder. Maybe it is migration but we had an abundance of birds outside our window. The colorful cardinals, goldfinch, blue jays, and Baltimore orioles (not a normal sighting). Woodpeckers galore: hairy, downey and red bellied (not a normal sighting). The usual suspects: black capped chickadees, house sparrows, cat birds, tufted titmice, nut hatches and brown headed cowbirds. On one of the days I was looking out the window and having my coffee, I noticed our juvenile rooster "Goose"(and that is a whole other story) was having a wild turkey encounter. He was all puffed up and being a bit aggressive but the female turkey was not impressed. After a couple minutes of his bad behavior I thought maybe a bit of bread was called for. When I went out onto the deck the turkey headed for the woods, until she saw me throwing bread and she came running back. I have to say in 22 years here I have never had the chance to feed a wild turkey first hand. After the bread was gone I tried throwing down an ear of corn to keep her in the area but she seemed uninterested and wandered off. A keen eyed crow spotted that ear of corn and flew down into the yard (also not normal though they are all about) and began to give the corn a tasting. In our barn we have a pair of swallows back again and they are playing house down there. Lastly, on my way to the house after work, there was a scarlet tanager sitting along side the roadway. It was a great week for bird watching in New Hampshire.
nhplowboi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2019, 10:37 AM   #86
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Starling Murmurations

I like how the starlings take on the shadow form of an Eagle in flight.
Pretty amazing, the shapes and forms Starlings take when in flight.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 04:14 AM   #87
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation
Default Birding

Looking for birding events for next year. Please post of you know of any good ones
Old 11-11-2019, 05:19 AM   #88
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #89
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
Looking for birding events for next year. Please post of you know of any good ones
If you are close to Beaumont TX, then there is birding event coming up soon.
Here is a link for you, StillettoDoll: www.aba.org/festivals-events

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 10:48 PM   #90
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

_____ ______
Old 11-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #91
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #92
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Default Bulgarian Nightingale birdsong

'Thou, light-winged dryad of the trees
In some melodious plot,
Of beechen green and shadows numberless,
Singest of summer in full-throated ease.'

(Keats, Ode to a Nightingale)

_____ ______
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2020, 05:21 PM   #93
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Old 05-19-2020, 07:05 AM   #94
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 05-19-2020, 11:07 AM   #95
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Avairy

Getting well into my book "Of Crows and Ravens" and now I have the crow calls set on my computer. I saw quite a flock yesterday but no communication. I will keep trying. I love all the crow family, so many, crow, ravens, blue jays etc.
I have been carrying food with me each time I go out for years now, just in case I see one or the other. So many people don't like crow but they are one of the most intelligent birds around. They are mischevious cause they are so smart and will steal the coin off a dead mans eyes LOL.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #96
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 05-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #97
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 05-27-2020, 09:02 PM   #98
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
No fair. You can’t just put up a picture without telling us what it is! I think I may have some of these or something close to it.

I’m just getting into birding as I live on the edge of the sanctuary. I’m now learning how to identify some of these guys. I’m keeping a list separating them by water birds and terrestrial birds. I have a nest going by my kitchen window with a couple I have not identified yet, and just discovered that wall hung flower pot is now home to a Mourning Dove nest.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #99
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
I noticed I have had the above bird landing on my patio several times this spring and I had posted the picture because I'm clueless as to what the bird. Anybody know??
Old 05-29-2020, 07:06 AM   #100
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,859 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation

Is that the actual bird you saw? I mean, did you take the photo?
Because I'm pretty sure it's some sort of White-eye, either a Warbling White-eye or Indian White-eye . . . but they would only be found in Asia.

If it's a bird that looks similar to this one, it could be a Vireo (specifically a White-eyed Vireo or Yellow-throated Vireo, or some kind of Flycatcher depending on where you live. The Merlin Bird App is a good resource to check or you can also try: https://www.whatbird.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~
I noticed I have had the above bird landing on my patio several times this spring and I had posted the picture because I'm clueless as to what the bird. Anybody know??
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post: