Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #4621
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thinkin’ easygoingfemme is kicking azz and taking names. Definitely worth walking across those tracks. If it is part of a designated bike route you might send your pics to whoever runs the fixing calendar.

Gemme, I hope you’re back up to speed soon, I enjoy hearing about the trail programs you’re using.

nycfem, when I have a big total like that it’s because it’s the whole day including whatever I did intentional or not. Last night I walked the length of my home beach and back without stopping and it took 2:45. At 25 min/mi pace that would be 6.6mi which is about right.

I’m trying not to go so far down the detail road as I have in the past and focus on trends over time that affect whole health. So, weekly, monthly, and annual numbers are playing a bigger role for me over my one off numbers. I’m sure that will morph over time as I go in and out through cycles.

I am looking at things like consistency in weight, resting heart rate, average steps/miles over time, sleep trends and right now more subjective mental health milestones.

That said, after a day off walking my day totals for Sunday and Monday were 21,231steps 8.5mi and 18,060 steps 7.1mi

For the month of Sept I averaged 15,975 steps per day over 30 days, slept (actually asleep) 6hr20min per night, and had a resting heart rate variance from 58-73, again over 30 days.

This is all passive tracking via my watch, it just tallies up over time. I went very far down the obsessive tracking rabbit hole a few years ago and stayed there for years. Think reams of spreadsheets. I’m trying to use this more passive/trend approach as a way to get the benefits without being such a nut job.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #4622
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Today I wore my fitbit even though I knew I wasn't going to be doing any intentional exercise and was pleased to see I got 4000 steps, which I count as about 30 minutes of walking. That puts a positive spin on things, and I like it.

It was a day off work for the Jewish holiday, and I was going to be tending to one of my cat's ailments. Without the fitbit I would have assumed that I barely walked at all- but I did, Blanche, I did!

Thank you, body, for the 4000 steps

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2019, 10:34 PM   #4623
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Today I wore my fitbit even though I knew I wasn't going to be doing any intentional exercise and was pleased to see I got 4000 steps, which I count as about 30 minutes of walking. That puts a positive spin on things, and I like it.

It was a day off work for the Jewish holiday, and I was going to be tending to one of my cat's ailments. Without the fitbit I would have assumed that I barely walked at all- but I did, Blanche, I did!

Thank you, body, for the 4000 steps
I hope your furry one is going to be alright...

You answered my unasked question, I wondered why coming up from the beach near sunset time there was a gathering of probably around a hundred folks seemingly together for I didn’t know what. Given the headgear seemed to be about 50/50 ball cap vs Yamaka, I was guessing something Jewish. Thanks!

ETA Okay, just looked it up, seems this is more than “something Jewish” I hope you are having a good new year and Happy Rosh Hashanah!

Last edited by Kelt; 10-01-2019 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Trying to get my foot out of my mouth..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2019, 10:41 AM   #4624
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Gemme! Oh no. That does not sound good. I hope you are better very soon. Just pace yourself.
Thank you! Me too! You are right; not good. I think I'm over the worst of it but am still really struggling with the coughing. I had a bad cold last year about this time too but wound up with zero sickness during the winter so if this is the trade off, I'm okay with that. One cold a year seems reasonable considering I work with the public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Gemme, I hope you’re back up to speed soon, I enjoy hearing about the trail programs you’re using.
Thank you! Again, me too. I was enjoying them myself as it's a bit distracting from the goings on of the gym that I don't care for (grunting, hacking and general unpleasant noises).

I ordered a decent pedometer that I can attach to my shoe laces. I've always been a bit curious to see how much I walk at work (but not enough to do anything about it) but I am going to a huge art festival next week so I wanted to figure out how it works before then because I know it'll be a big numbers day for steps. I prefer low tech because high tech requires a connection to an app and my apartment and office have horrible reception so it wouldn't record properly anyway. Why pay extra for all the bells and whistles when a kazoo works just fine?

All of you that walk long distances impress me. It's the easiest way to get movement in but I can't do that without my back screaming at me. Between the extra weight I've accrued over the years, having a deep seated spine and being a bit of a swayback, walking long distances is very uncomfortable to me. That's why the elliptical is so great. The forward and circular motion keeps everything moving but with far less impact and my back feels good and loose after a workout instead of like my vertebrae are all compacted together into a knot, like it does with walking or running.

I'm still getting in plenty of coughing crunches for my ab work but am feeling a bit drier in the schnoz, thank goodness. I think that's the worst part of a cold for me; the constant drip drip drip. I'm hoping to be able to get back into the gym on Friday again. Wish me luck!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #4625
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today I walked 5000 steps. I had to use my iphone because I forgot to put on my fitbit. I really only walked the steps to be able to post on this thread, but that's okay. It was hot out, and I'm tired. I walked home from a training. I walked slow but I made it home.

How do I... ?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #4626
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,087 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I did 2.4 miles this morning. It's too hot to do any more. It's about 30 degrees hotter than it normally is this time of year. Hopefully, Mother Nature gets it together soon.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #4627
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

I walked three miles today. Tomorrow's temperature will be 71. So thankful the heat wave is coming to an end. It will make walking so much better.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #4628
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked 10K steps, 4 miles. Woohoo! That was just from a busy work day. This new job is driving me INSANE but on the bright side I am getting a lot more walking in than my previous job.

Must admit I'm loving the fit bit. I was very anti- fit-bit for awhile but I guess I'm a convert.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #4629
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Hey Wrangler, good to see you sticking it out even in the heat. You have my sympathies, it seems to make it all uphill both ways..

nycfem, curious about you having been anti-fit bit; why against it instead of just a non-user?

Gemme, I think a kazoo is just right and a lot of the rest of it is window dressing and fad. I use an iwatch for my step tracking, but that’s not what I bought it for, it’s a side effect I’m having fun with. The reason that I got it was that I am on call 24/7 and was just tired of having to have my phone with me at all times. When the iwatch4 came out with phone and text capabilities, it was tempting but some of the other things actually made it worth it for me. My father got afib when he was 52, I am now 58. Thinking of having it spot something like that on me does not replace a doctor but it does replace what I’m doing currently for that which is nothing. This also has fall detection in it, which I know works from the two times I’ve set it off by banging my wrist hard against something. Over the last four years my mother has had three serious falls and two years ago I had a pretty bad one myself. (Yes, I tripped over a garden hose in my own stupid driveway at night and landed on my head; saw stars for 3 days) I realize this is a pretty serious problem for people that don’t have anyone around to find them.

I didn’t start using the health tracking features until four months ago when I moved to my new location. Now I’m having some fun with it as a toy and posting my stats in here helps with accountability. With that in mind, here are my numbers for yesterday and today:

Wednesday I had 20,537 steps for 8.2 miles This included almost the full length of my Beachwalk.
Today I had 6602 steps for 1245 miles. I may have had some help on that mileage with the three airports that I passed through today.

I won’t be getting much of any activity for the next four days as I will be spending time with my mother who turns 88 tomorrow morning. We will go walk her parks and other haunts but she tires easily, is quite frail, and has a stride of I think about 6 inches. She is sweet and game to go for it though…
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 05:33 AM   #4630
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so at 5:30 I went for a walk. I walked 4.09 miles. It took me an hour and 34 minutes. That seems too long to me. It was a brisk 57 degrees when I started and it was 55 degrees when I stopped. It didn't seem cold until I stopped and sit on a bench for a few minutes. I am using the Pacer app. I checked and it has my stride at 25 inches. I highly doubt that 25 inches is correct so I will have to figure that out. Have a great day all. The heat wave is over and Autumn has finally arrived.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 09:49 AM   #4631
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so at 5:30 I went for a walk. I walked 4.09 miles. It took me an hour and 34 minutes. That seems too long to me. It was a brisk 57 degrees when I started and it was 55 degrees when I stopped. It didn't seem cold until I stopped and sit on a bench for a few minutes. I am using the Pacer app. I checked and it has my stride at 25 inches. I highly doubt that 25 inches is correct so I will have to figure that out. Have a great day all. The heat wave is over and Autumn has finally arrived.
How does it seem too long? Three miles per hour is a steady pace so if you did 4.09 miles in an hour and a half, you are walking faster than that. How long does a four mile walk normally take you?

As for myself, there will be no workout for me today. I just can't get rid of this cough but I'm still headed to work tomorrow. Boo.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #4632
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

[QUOTE=Gemme;1253844][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]How does it seem too long? Three miles per hour is a steady pace so if you did 4.09 miles in an hour and a half, you are walking faster than that. How long does a four mile walk normally take you?

I read that you should be able to walk a mile in 20 minutes. So, I went over.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 01:34 PM   #4633
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post

I read that you should be able to walk a mile in 20 minutes. So, I went over.
Well, I didn't walk 4 miles or anything near it so you are doing better than me. Going at your own pace, especially in the beginning, is really important. Don't let yourself get down about something someone once said. Workouts should be specifically geared towards you and your experience. I go slower on days that I don't feel 100% but I don't let that get me down. You're doing great!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 04:48 PM   #4634
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Exercise

My PT is funny, all the work is done with my good arm, my hurt shoulder is just a passenger.
At some point I may end up with one Popeye arm. Haha.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2019, 09:42 PM   #4635
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 10K steps (4.3 miles) just from work. Awesome! It means I'm sitting at a desk a lot less than my old job. If I keep saying the same thing... it's because I keep thinking the same thing.

Kelt wrote, "Wednesday I had 20,537 steps for 8.2 miles This included almost the full length of my Beachwalk." Kelt, how long does this take to do?

I don't wear my fitbit to bed even though it would be nice to sleep track. It seems healthy for the wrist to get a break from the fitbit.

How do I... ?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #4636
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Spending a few days with my elderly mother. Yesterday we went to her favorite park and did the looping path around it twice. I found a sign that said the Loop was half a mile so mom cranked out a full mile of intentional walking with her wheeled walker. At the halfway point we stopped at a really nice duckpond and just enjoyed the sunshine and all the critters for a while.

I couldn’t be more proud of her.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #4637
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

3.30 miles. This was out of guilt because I had two pancakes for breakfast.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 02:10 PM   #4638
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

have been going 2 steps back,3 steps forward.
But have found a good walk,round trip is 7klm,sayeth the road sign,lol
Plus its on the beach so I can take scout down after our walk for some water fun for her,and its so beautiful down there.
just for a visual
https://www.google.com/search?q=fing...hrome&ie=UTF-8

But I can only do that every 2nd day ATM,I keep overdoing it,and getting injured.
Is anyone else trying to get back to their fitness after being sick?
Also,is anyone else a bit of a healthy eating nut?
I actually dislike fast food,makes me feel sick
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 05:49 PM   #4639
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

I ended the day with 5.60 miles which was 14, 259 steps. It says I burned 531 calories so I am hoping that takes care of the pancakes I had at breakfast. Tomorrow, I am resting.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2019, 07:16 PM   #4640
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I walked a little under 1.5 miles, 3500 steps. I went to a street fair. Glad I went outside and got a little walking in. The fall weather feels great.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights