Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #61
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

The series finale of Sense 8 will be on Netflix on June 8th.

I had commented in another thread (can't remember which one) about the series.

I loved the diversity of the cast, the truly beautiful locales and I also found the series utterly confusing.

I will watch the last one anyway as it may tie it all together for me.

PS: A side note of trivia that is interesting, back in 2016, flilm director Lilly Wachowski came out as a transgender woman. She was the creator of the Matrix series of movies. Lilly and her sister Lana, created Sense 8.

Sense 8 has as its leads, a gay male couple, a lesbian couple and a straight couple. One half of the lesbian couple is a transwoman. (Not my assumption, I looked it up online).

It is this diversity of cast that feels really good to watch. "Our family" represented front and center, if you will.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #62
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

If you are into crime drama, this one is a good one

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #63
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Safe .......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2018, 06:13 AM   #64
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Amazon Greenlights Barry Jenkins & Plan B’s ‘Underground Railroad’ Limited Series With Jenkins Directing All 11 Episodes

Amazon Studios landed the new take on the story of the underground railroad from Jenkins’ PASTEL and Brad Pitt’s Plan B, in March 2017 with a script-to-series commitment.

The project is based on Colson Whitehead’s bestselling novel The Underground Railroad, which won a Pulitzer Prize a month after Amazon bought the adaptation. The book, which drew critical praise for its imaginative blend of history and magical fable – moving beyond the boundaries of realism in its depiction of a mythical underground train that transports slaves across an alternate America — also was a 2016 National Book Award winner and Oprah Book Club pick.

The Underground Railroad, which will be released on Amazon Prime Video, centers on young Cora, a slave on a cotton plantation in Georgia. Life is hell for all the slaves, but especially bad for Cora; an outcast even among her fellow Africans, she is coming into womanhood—where even greater pain awaits. When Caesar, a recent arrival from Virginia, tells her about the Underground Railroad, they decide to take a terrifying risk and escape.

The underground railroad is no mere metaphor — engineers and conductors operate a network of tracks and tunnels constructed in secret beneath the very Southern soil upon which they’ve been enslaved. Cora and Caesar’s first stop is South Carolina, in a city that initially seems like a haven. But its placid surface masks an insidious scheme designed for its black denizens. And even worse: Ridgeway, a relentless slave catcher of mythic origin, is close on their heels. Forced to flee again, Cora embarks on a harrowing flight, state-by-state, seeking true freedom in a heroine’s journey carved through the soil and soul of America.

“It’s an absolute gift to have Barry Jenkins commit to directing all the episodes for our upcoming limited series The Underground Railroad,” said Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios. “Barry’s eye for character and sustained exhilarating, emotional storytelling style ensures that this project is in the right hands. We can’t wait to get started and bring this significant story to our Prime Video audience.”

Amazon has found success with another alternate-history drama series, The Man In The High Castle, set to return for Season 3 later this year.

Pastel, founded by Jenkins, Adele Romanski and Sara Murphy as a home for artists to create provocative, boundary-pushing work in film, television and beyond, is executive producing The Underground Railroad with Brad Pitt’s Plan B.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/amazon-...es-1202404221/
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #65
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
We binged watched 8 Seconds........

Very interesting to say the least, and I hope it's picked-up for another year!
Is this on Netflix? We watched Fearless (I believe that is what it is called) It is about the Brazilian bull riders in the PBR. Great show. It was sad to see and hear that most of the riders felt they were treated differently than the American, Canadian and Australian riders. Since we do follow the PBR I can see how and why they felt the way they do. The language barrier seems to be the biggest obstacle that the Brazillian riders and their families face. I also learned (must live under a rock) most people who are from Brazil speak Portuguese, who knew? We also found out that the Brazillian people have a similar event in Brazil like the World PBR finals that take place in Vegas. Except it is bigger and every seat in the arena is filled, unlike some previous PBR events my wife and I have attended. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Happy binge watching!

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2018, 06:41 PM   #66
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by justkim View Post
Is this on Netflix? We watched Fearless (I believe that is what it is called) It is about the Brazilian bull riders in the PBR. Great show. It was sad to see and hear that most of the riders felt they were treated differently than the American, Canadian and Australian riders. Since we do follow the PBR I can see how and why they felt the way they do. The language barrier seems to be the biggest obstacle that the Brazillian riders and their families face. I also learned (must live under a rock) most people who are from Brazil speak Portuguese, who knew? We also found out that the Brazillian people have a similar event in Brazil like the World PBR finals that take place in Vegas. Except it is bigger and every seat in the arena is filled, unlike some previous PBR events my wife and I have attended. Anyway, sorry to ramble. Happy binge watching!

I should have read up on what 8 seconds was before replying. Sorry. The 8 Seconds Homoe was posting about has zero to do with the rodeo. Once again, I’m sorry for the derail I was trying to delete it but can’t figure it out.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 08:03 PM   #67
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

The Break With Michelle Wolf... started June 3, with new episodes every Sunday.

If the name sounds familiar, she's the comic they hired for the White House Correspondents' Dinner.

She might not be everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy her!
Old 06-29-2018, 08:56 PM   #68
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Almost to the end of BOSCH. Good stuff but does not make me miss LA!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2018, 11:09 PM   #69
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Netflix ................

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee ....Jerry Seinfeld & various comedians

New season started July 6th
Old 08-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #70
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

I can highly recommend Unforgotten, a BBC police drama. First 2 seasons are on Netflix, I just finished the latest season on BBC 1 and enjoyed it so much I binged watched the 1st 2 seasons again. Its always a cold case, hence the title. Keeps you guessing til the end and it doesnt shy away from what is at times pretty harrowing subject matter {could be triggery}

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2018, 10:40 AM   #71
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Forever & King Lear coming in September...

Amazon Original Series Forever, casts Fred Armisen and Maya Rudolph as a suburban married couple who decide to get out of the daily routine they’ve followed for the past 12 years. Their decision ends up being a bigger one than either of them intended.

King Lear is modern retelling of the famous Shakespeare tragedy. The series’ star-studded ensemble cast is led by Sir Anthony Hopkins as the titular king, whose efforts to divide his kingdom among his daughters meet with tragic results as he descends into madness. Joining Hopkins in the cast are Emma Thompson, Emily Watson, Jim Broadbent, Andrew Scott, Jim Carter, and Christopher Eccleston, among others familiar faces.

I'm sorry I don't have the exact dates these premier.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2018, 09:28 PM   #72
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Never cared for Jerry or Seinfeld but I love this show!!

And for those who dug OZARKS... S2 is now on Netflix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee ....Jerry Seinfeld & various comedians

New season started July 6th
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #73
Dutch Leonard

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch

Tournaments Won: 7

Dutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST ReputationDutch Leonard Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Curious Creations of Christine McConnell

As I watched this, I thought "This is like there was a transporter accident involving Martha Stewart and Dita Von Teese. (Star Trek, Voyager reference, the Tuvix episode.)

There are evil amoral puppets and elaborate baked goods. Just in time for Halloween. Now streaming on Netflix.

And then, for me, a truly delightful surprise!

Last edited by Dutch Leonard; 10-21-2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: forgot something important.
Dutch Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dutch Leonard For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2018, 05:29 PM   #74
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Amazon..........

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Season 2 was recently released and ready for binging!
Old 12-29-2018, 09:42 AM   #75
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Amazon... Bosch.

I've binged on 2 seasons...yay, there is a season 3!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2018, 12:06 AM   #76
Ender

How Do You Identify?:
Male (trans)
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/him
Relationship Status:
Single

Ender Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST ReputationEnder Has the BEST Reputation

Series of Unfortunate Events is pretty good. I watched the first season on my University's WiFi but never finished seasons 2 or probably won't be able to watch 3 for a while either. Though, I'm looking forward to them. Neil Patrick Harris is hilarious as Olaf too!

Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:54 PM   #77
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Kominsky Method | Netflix Michael Douglas & Alan Arkin

Just binged watched the first season......
Old 01-26-2019, 07:28 AM   #78
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Kingdom on Netflix, zombie time piece. Only 1 season with 6 episodes.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 01:27 PM   #79
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Coming in Early February

Netflix Original.....ReMastered The Two Killings of Sam Cooke

While Sam Cooke rose to stardom as a soul singer, his outspoken views on civil rights drew attention that may have contributed to his death at age 33.

I'm sorry I don't have an exact date for this!
Old 01-30-2019, 07:59 PM   #80
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

The last 2 episodes of Kingdom on Netflix.

Then start the Ted Bundy one.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote