Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #61
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I think I'll be okay - at least, I think I've got everything covered that I can (food, work from home, plenty of TP). But what concerns me most is that my boy works in a major chain grocery store. They have _increased_ his hours, although they are shutting the store early every night (8 pm) so they can clean and disinfect and restock shelves. He has a bunch of concerns I had not even thought about:
  • He says about 70% of people "get it" and are patient and polite. But the other 30% are just concerned about themselves, and just want to know why the store doesn't have their favorite whatever and when will they have it, and are impatient in the long lines and rude to the workers and other customers.
  • Apparently when restocking the store, they are unable to completely restock. If _all_ Publix grocery stores are sold out of a thing, say chicken, then they can't redistribute. They are _all_ out. And when the restocking trucks come, they don't have as much as they used to. So if they are used to getting 20 crates of chicken with every chicken truck delivery, they might only get 2 crates. (I think this is when people will really start to hoard - when they notice that not only is the store out of something, it never gets fully restocked. And that could lead to more panic.)
  • He says they are cleaning things that have never been cleaned before, and this is hard on his body. I mean, he's not a young kid any more.
The panic and bad moods really wear on him. I mean, he's in a customer service job, and he's used to it, but the volume of it is wearing on him. He's also working in a place where he could so easily catch COVID-19. He washes his hands and uses sanitizer, but he's around so many people. And he is immunocompromised - he has lung problems. And I have a pretty weak immune system too - but I can't just kick him out of the house and do "social distancing". He has places he could stay, but none of them are better than here.

I also hope we don't get on each other's nerves. We're not used to being around each other this much.
Those are my concerns at my job, too. Crowds are getting panicky and harried. We had a fight in the parking lot the other day. There have been screaming matches in the aisles over God knows what. Scuttlebutt is that the police-not a rent a cop- I mean police-will be stationed there.

And I'm pooped, and paranoid every time I cough. My son with literally no immune system is behind quarantine. If not at work, I'm at home (true, with plenty to do besides fooling around online .

I found out today from my doctor that it's a matter of when, not if, I get exposed due to my job. Those crowds are doing the exact opposite of what is recommended; lots of people in a confined place. Thanksgiving for a virus.

I'm healthy, so I'm not as worried about myself at this point. What I fear are the elderly who shop with us. I've volunteered to do shopping for them in my condo complex, which was gratefully accepted.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #62
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,008 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
Those are my concerns at my job, too. Crowds are getting panicky and harried. We had a fight in the parking lot the other day. There have been screaming matches in the aisles over God knows what. Scuttlebutt is that the police-not a rent a cop- I mean police-will be stationed there.

And I'm pooped, and paranoid every time I cough. My son with literally no immune system is behind quarantine. If not at work, I'm at home (true, with plenty to do besides fooling around online .

I found out today from my doctor that it's a matter of when, not if, I get exposed due to my job. Those crowds are doing the exact opposite of what is recommended; lots of people in a confined place. Thanksgiving for a virus.

I'm healthy, so I'm not as worried about myself at this point. What I fear are the elderly who shop with us. I've volunteered to do shopping for them in my condo complex, which was gratefully accepted.
First of all, Gráinne, it is so good to see you here on BFP! It feels like it has been a long while.

I'm glad you're getting police at your store. Maybe it will make some people at least give a second thought before they act out. And maybe they can at least protect the employees.

I think the same kind of thing is happening with the news now that happened with 9/11. People hear about COVID-19 on the news and on TV over and over and over, and it just makes them more paranoid. I noticed when I was looking for something to watch on Netflix the other day that "Pandemic", the docuseries, was in the top 10 shows for that day. "Outbreak", the movie, was also in the top 10. It's like people just keep feeding it to themselves.

I admit, I'm guilty of that too. For awhile, I was listening to "NPR News Now" and the "BBC News" every hour on the hour. I am now limiting myself to one hour and five minutes of news a day: a half hour of "BBC News" and the half-hour show "Marketplace" the financial news, and one five-minute episode of "NPR News Now".

Stay healthy, Gráinne. It is really good of you to do some shopping for the elderly people you know. I wish I could convince my 80-year-old mother to stay out of the Kroger - my sister would do any shopping she needs - but she has her habits and the onset of dementia has begun, which keeps her from remembering what the fuss is all about.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 03:30 PM   #63
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

As of 3 pm central time...

I officially work from home!

Was given laptop, keyboard, paperwork and instructions to do my job.

12 of us were picked to work from home due to work performance, attendance, etc.

Idk about the others remaining at the office.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 11:47 PM   #64
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
First of all, Gráinne, it is so good to see you here on BFP! It feels like it has been a long while.

I'm glad you're getting police at your store. Maybe it will make some people at least give a second thought before they act out. And maybe they can at least protect the employees.

I think the same kind of thing is happening with the news now that happened with 9/11. People hear about COVID-19 on the news and on TV over and over and over, and it just makes them more paranoid. I noticed when I was looking for something to watch on Netflix the other day that "Pandemic", the docuseries, was in the top 10 shows for that day. "Outbreak", the movie, was also in the top 10. It's like people just keep feeding it to themselves.

I admit, I'm guilty of that too. For awhile, I was listening to "NPR News Now" and the "BBC News" every hour on the hour. I am now limiting myself to one hour and five minutes of news a day: a half hour of "BBC News" and the half-hour show "Marketplace" the financial news, and one five-minute episode of "NPR News Now".

Stay healthy, Gráinne. It is really good of you to do some shopping for the elderly people you know. I wish I could convince my 80-year-old mother to stay out of the Kroger - my sister would do any shopping she needs - but she has her habits and the onset of dementia has begun, which keeps her from remembering what the fuss is all about.
I know I'm on sporadically but this is a favorite site .

And I hear you about the news. Between the virus, the election, and impeachment earlier, I had to say "Enough". I want important information from reliable sources, but I limit myself for my own peace of mind.

Stay well
Old 03-18-2020, 08:16 AM   #65
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As most of you know, I'm a retired Registered Respiratory Therapist who worked for the VA for 20 years before I retired (due to health reasons). I guess it's because I worked for the VA, which has a large population of patients who are homeless, that made me think about them.

What's going to happen to the homeless population during this crisis?? Aren't they really the most vulnerable?? I have yet to see one thing on the news about how they're going to keep these folks from being infected.....and alive.

Has anyone seen anything on the news, or other media, about the homeless population during this crisis??

I hope everyone here is doing their best to follow the guidelines for protecting themselves and others. I wish all of you the best!!!

~Theo~
Old 03-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #66
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
As most of you know, I'm a retired Registered Respiratory Therapist who worked for the VA for 20 years before I retired (due to health reasons). I guess it's because I worked for the VA, which has a large population of patients who are homeless, that made me think about them.

What's going to happen to the homeless population during this crisis?? Aren't they really the most vulnerable?? I have yet to see one thing on the news about how they're going to keep these folks from being infected.....and alive.

Has anyone seen anything on the news, or other media, about the homeless population during this crisis??

I hope everyone here is doing their best to follow the guidelines for protecting themselves and others. I wish all of you the best!!!

~Theo~

In NY we are trying to put out fires as they come. In my housing program and in our emergency domestic violence shelter we are begging hospitals to not release people who live in our buildings until they have a proper diagnosis but we are out of test kits and they are sending people back. Public health has made some noise about trying to find alternative housing for the homeless if they are diagnosed, like a hotel room, but that is not in place at this time. They are staying in contact with everyone who is on quarantine and bringing meals to the homeless or single/elderly individuals who are on quarantine. Right now they are really looking at full shelter quarantines and food drop offs. But all of the shelters are full. We need a code blue system to go into effect so that those who are still completely homeless have a place to be when quarantined but all of the buildings that would normally be code blue are closed until further notice.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 10:20 AM   #67
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Here's an update of sorts:

Property MGMT and building stakeholders in our work campus district meet today to decide if they close our entire work campus by Friday.

It's not looking good, for anybody.

I took some measures yesterday by making sure I had ample cash supply on hand (30 dys or more), so I minimize the risk of having to use an ATM or the added risk of going anywhere where ppl are congregating in bigger numbers.

I will know by the end of today if I have been laid off from work.

A business member leaving work yesterday, stopped to tell me that they wait hourly, each day, for notification to close business by the FTC (Fed.Trade.Comm.). That is the big hammer that might slam by Friday.

Also, I have a medical appt that was scheduled weeks ago and I got a call from that facility this morning that my medical appt (it's an over-nighter) has been moved to a facility that has greater safety for these types of tests. I will know by tomorrow if they keep my appt or they cancel it until further notice.

Not sure what will happen over the next 72 hours, but holding good thoughts for us all.

<<<<<<~~~

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 10:28 AM   #68
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Here's an update of sorts:

Property MGMT and building stakeholders in our work campus district meet today to decide if they close our entire work campus by Friday.

It's not looking good, for anybody.

I took some measures yesterday by making sure I had ample cash supply on hand (30 dys or more), so I minimize the risk of having to use an ATM or the added risk of going anywhere where ppl are congregating in bigger numbers.

I will know by the end of today if I have been laid off from work.

A business member leaving work yesterday, stopped to tell me that they wait hourly, each day, for notification to close business by the FTC (Fed.Trade.Comm.). That is the big hammer that might slam by Friday.

Also, I have a medical appt that was scheduled weeks ago and I got a call from that facility this morning that my medical appt (it's an over-nighter) has been moved to a facility that has greater safety for these types of tests. I will know by tomorrow if they keep my appt or they cancel it until further notice.

Not sure what will happen over the next 72 hours, but holding good thoughts for us all.

<<<<<<~~~
You have to keep reminding yourself that it's temporary ~ it's hard seeing people having to make these decisions .New York just put a ship off their coast. I think that was a good move on Cuomo's part (what an amazing family ) .NY is in good hands. hopefully he will continue progressing in his political career.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:18 AM   #69
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
. . . New York just put a ship off their coast. I think that was a good move on Cuomo's part (what an amazing family ) .NY is in good hands. hopefully he will continue progressing in his political career.
I heard that the U.S. Navy Hospital ship has 1000 beds. It will be stationed in New York Harbor.

- Prince
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 12:30 PM   #70
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I'm working in the office. A lot of my work involves copying large files from the server to my hard drive or to Dropbox, OneDrive, the internets, etc. and it takes forever when I work from home. So, it's been approved for me to come into the office. I live nearby. Most people are working from home. We probably have 5% workforce onsite, if that.

I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to washing my hands (old habits die hard) so I'm not too concerned in the regard, but I put on disposable rubber gloves and wipe down everything as soon as I come in the office.

We've had a lot of client cancellations, but they're also wanting virtual access and that's been keeping me busy.

I'm in Southern California and the streets and highways are always busy. This is the only place I've been where there are traffic jams on the weekend. Not now. The streets are almost bare at least compared to what I'm used to seeing.

This is the third time we've had hard times since I've been working here. Right after 9/11, in 2008, and now. No new hires or pay increases, and soon some of us will have to take a 5-10% pay cut. It beats being laid off, though it may come to that, too. I'm doing good for now, other than being in a funk.

Hoping everyone stays safe and protected.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 01:14 PM   #71
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
I'm working in the office. A lot of my work involves copying large files from the server to my hard drive or to Dropbox, OneDrive, the internets, etc. and it takes forever when I work from home. So, it's been approved for me to come into the office. I live nearby. Most people are working from home. We probably have 5% workforce onsite, if that.

I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to washing my hands (old habits die hard) so I'm not too concerned in the regard, but I put on disposable rubber gloves and wipe down everything as soon as I come in the office.

We've had a lot of client cancellations, but they're also wanting virtual access and that's been keeping me busy.

I'm in Southern California and the streets and highways are always busy. This is the only place I've been where there are traffic jams on the weekend. Not now. The streets are almost bare at least compared to what I'm used to seeing.

This is the third time we've had hard times since I've been working here. Right after 9/11, in 2008, and now. No new hires or pay increases, and soon some of us will have to take a 5-10% pay cut. It beats being laid off, though it may come to that, too. I'm doing good for now, other than being in a funk.

Hoping everyone stays safe and protected.
With so many people working from home, and the other precautions you have taken, I expect you're better off than a lot of other people right now.

Sorry to hear about the pay cuts and no pay increases. That really sucks. It seems kind of early in the game for the higher ups to be that specific with that kind of information though. Are you sure they're really in financial straits and not just taking advantage of the situation? (Of course, who can be sure of anything?)

- Prince
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 01:52 PM   #72
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Re the homeless, I heard that someplace, probably New York or Cali, was considering buying motels to house them. Maybe just renting rooms would be sufficient. But it might put people into closer contact. I don't know. If we had good testing we could isolate the sick, but we don't yet.
Old 03-18-2020, 03:55 PM   #73
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,006 Times in 8,559 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
With so many people working from home, and the other precautions you have taken, I expect you're better off than a lot of other people right now.

Sorry to hear about the pay cuts and no pay increases. That really sucks. It seems kind of early in the game for the higher ups to be that specific with that kind of information though. Are you sure they're really in financial straits and not just taking advantage of the situation? (Of course, who can be sure of anything?)
Thank you, GeorgiaMa'am. I”m reading between the lines but am sure of what’s to come—it’s just a matter of when. Ours is a face-to-face business with some virtual offerings.

The info we all received so far is: there have been a high number of cancellations, there is a freeze on traveling and purchases unless it’s paid for by clients, all is being done to keep the company functioning, and we’re in this together. From that information, I’m presuming I know what’s coming.

If there are pay cuts, I think they’ll reinstated pay raises and promotions once the company is strong again as they did after 9/11 and the recession in 2008. They didn’t use those disasters as reasons to keep salaries low—as some other companies did.

I work for a good and relatively transparent company. They won’t institute any harsh measures until it’s necessary. We’re having a virtual all company meeting tomorrow and I’ll know more.

Edit: They didn’t even use those disasters to weed out people. Which they could have and were encouraged to get rid of people. They waited and cleaned house in 2014. They were upfront in doing it, too. They said, here’s some money, it’s been good knowing you, but you gotta go.

Last edited by Orema; 03-18-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 09:01 PM   #74
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have a little bit of good news that came my way today.

I was told that I will be given an expanded full time schedule, when I was worried that I would be one of the few who would lose their job. I am on short duty status the rest of this week, but come Monday my new schedule goes into effect. So that is one less thing to worry about now, since it turns out I will have job security going forward.

I kind of got some worrying news though. I've been hurdling another process to be hired in a different role of work and my ability to be hired rests on passing two tests and a health test administered by an medical facility that partners with the contingent employer. I got news today that the CDC issued mandates to particular medical facilities and that my health related employer test for this Sunday night was canceled, until the CDC lifts restrictions they issued today.

I followed up with my medical clinic, where my primary doctor practices, and they too got the CDC memo and they are canceling all appts until the CDC lifts restrictions it issued today. So my end of the month doctor appts were cancelled today as well. It's looking like it will be mid-to-late summer before I can successfully transition into my new role with the new employer, but I am so grateful tonight that my current employer and property management voted to keep me on and expand my duties and hours of on-duty work, so I have job security.

Our building went into full crises mode and now visitors to our building can only be admitted if they have an appt and be screened via on-site security. Our building is taking as many steps as it can to limit risk of exposure and reduce the chance that anything could remotely happen. The entire building is operating with only the necessary skilled professionals it needs to maintain safety and security, so we have migrated into what we call "After Hours Protocol" to limit risks and improve safety for all.

I know the worst of the Covid-19 virus crisis is not over nor has it peaked a threshold, but at least tonight I feel somewhat more secure than I did last night. I feel so very fortunate when it could have been entirely different.

I want to say thanks to our Sister-Femme friend, Ocean, for creating this vital thread for members in our community. It's a life-line of information and I appreciate it so much. Thanks Ocean.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2020, 11:01 PM   #75
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

(((( katzchen ))))) yvw Congrats ! they will probably start you on that new position pronto ! they are going to be taking seniors in med. school's nursing etc. to fill the needs of the people. They are not even prepared in employment as well as supply's. Yanno, first Trump said ~ don't worry it's a hoax ,then it will go away with the heat lollol that still cracks me up then he said it creeped up on us ~ he can't get his story straight. !
Old 03-18-2020, 11:14 PM   #76
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Default (SMH) Isn't It Ironic? LGBTQ Circuit Party Spreads COVID-19

"An estimated 10,000 LGBTQ people partied at the Winter Party in Miami, which was held as scheduled in Miami despite public health warnings to limit or cancel large gatherings of people to stop the spread of the disease. The coronavirus has been labeled a global pandemic by the World Health Organization.

"And one party-goer just tested positive for COVID-19."

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/03/...ronavirus-now/

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 12:09 AM   #77
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool gatherings & community spread

Quote:
"An estimated 10,000 LGBTQ people partied at the Winter Party in Miami, which was held as scheduled in Miami despite public health warnings to limit or cancel large gatherings of people to stop the spread of the disease. The coronavirus has been labeled a global pandemic by the World Health Organization.

"And one party-goer just tested positive for COVID-19."

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/03/...ronavirus-now/
good grief !! Ya know, some peeps think, "well, I'm young, so if I get it, it will be mild, I'll get over it and that's that", but that's so stupid, 'cause it is the spread that may affect people who are auto-immune affected, have underlying medical problems or just older, and it is they who are the most vulnerable - one wonders what the f* is wrong with some people, who don't understand or care about what community spread means.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 04:19 AM   #78
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Spring Break students party on...

btw, the LGBTQ people are not the only ones partying on at Florida beaches:

Spring breakers:

charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 05:05 AM   #79
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Ok I am NOT a computer guru. I just tried to post the link to this article without success but it will make your blood boil. "Kushner Coronavirus Team Sparks Confusion, Plaudits Inside White House Response Efforts'' which was printed in the Washington Post. Trump should be removed from office and his whole family thrown in prison for the rest of their valueless and pathetic lives. What next.....after Jared gets his brother a giant government contract with all the billions of dollars being thrown around, Ivanka will be importing fashion face masks for our brave people on the front line?
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 06:51 AM   #80
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Ok I am NOT a computer guru. I just tried to post the link to this article without success but it will make your blood boil. "Kushner Coronavirus Team Sparks Confusion, Plaudits Inside White House Response Efforts'' which was printed in the Washington Post. Trump should be removed from office and his whole family thrown in prison for the rest of their valueless and pathetic lives. What next.....after Jared gets his brother a giant government contract with all the billions of dollars being thrown around, Ivanka will be importing fashion face masks for our brave people on the front line?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ts/ar-BB11nNpy

Hopefully this is it nh?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: