Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 05-06-2020, 11:27 PM   #1401
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 6,239 Times in 1,687 Posts
Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

So I thought I would give an update.

Surgery Oct 2019 to remove my colon where the tumor had shrunk a enough I could have surgery. Still have some issues but they will continue the rest of my life.

Was pain free for a little over 3 months and now it is back with a vengeance.

Had a PET scan the end of Dec and Dr was a little worried about some up take where the surgery was. Was going to keep an eye on it.

Talk to the Dr every 3 weeks when I go in for treatment. I try to let them know about any and all pains that come up.

Since chemo I have had issues with my right hand going to sleep all the time. It usually means my iron level is low. Not the case this time. This time it is off the charts. Concerning so they run more test. Find my liver enzymes are off way off also.

My next PET is for the first part of April. Result show a new tumor and it looks like it is on the liver, or it can be a fat lymph node. MRI is ordered.

Phone rings on a Thurs night at 845 and it is the doctor. We all know what that means dont we.

Yes it is a new tumor and I will have to do radiation. 5 treatments 1 a day for 5 days,

They seem to think it will supercharge the Keytruda so it will be able to get rid of this tumor also.

Tuesday was my last radiation. Today it hit me and I slept most of the day. Thank goodness I work nights.

I hope everyone is doing well. Keep up the good fight.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:04 AM   #1402
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation

Read my first posts. Still kinda in the same spot. Still getting pictures every 6 months. Dr. appt. today and a CT scan on the 1st then in july the MRI. Pictures still commin back good. Not workin and busy with my yards like i wanted. I gotta be extra careful. Sometimes i catch myself slipping a little. Balance off sometimes. That brings me to a tough decision. Probly gotta take the bike back. It is 5 years old with only 500 miles on it. Strength and coordination not like it was. My hair did all grow back. It has a deep wave in the front on top of my head. I guess with 52 staples and a drain hole hair grows back the way it needs to,. I am very grateful how i am still healing.

Thank you everyone for reading and caring.

s
Old 06-06-2020, 09:16 PM   #1403
rustedrims

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her

Location: Northern Ohio close to Lake Erie and ice-cream places
Thanked 2,553 Times in 367 Posts
rustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputationrustedrims Has the BEST Reputation

Hello everyone..

Had my CT scan. Pictures always come back good and no worries. Scan on monday. Usually takes a week or more to see the Dr. bout the pictures. I saw her on thursday. Got the phone call to come in on thursday. Thought that was great that I can get an early appt. Found out why I got that early appt. I have 2 spots on my right kidney. My Dr. said she isnt concerned about this. She told me not to worry. She said we caught it early. If it is bad we get rid of it and that will be it. I trust her. She has been with me from the beginning. It will be 3 years in november. Gotta get an MRI and maybe a biopsy if they need to know more.

Went out to 1 of my yards to get my mind off things. Gotta say that it didnt work. Left and visited friends. That was a nice break. I did go back and got more done. Felt better later. Glad i went back. Moms neighbor. Had a little visit with her. Watched the cat dump the birdbath on her. It was funny and scared her.

We all have our stuff going on individually but we fight the fight together.
Thank you for reading and caring. Stay safe everyone.

s
Old 06-07-2020, 03:47 PM   #1404
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

My mother isn't doing well. She started having abdominal pain shortly before Covid-19 struck. After that, I was unable to go in with her for chemo, oncologist appointments and tests. Although I continued speaking to them on the phone it made everything more difficult and continues to do do. In May they said she had a partial bowel blockage and she was in the hospital for 9 days. Her tumors are growing and pressing against her small intestine and colon. They did a biopsy and found that her cancer has a breast cancer mutation. Which means there is one chemo that is used for breast cancer that may possibly work. IF it gets approved. It could be denied because my mother has ovarian cancer. The oncologist said if it doesn't get approved or doesn't work she would have approximately 3-6 months. She had a drainage gtube put in Thursday morning. She seemed to be doing better on Friday but terrible yesterday and today.

I'm trying to make sure I'm doing everything possible to help her feel comfortable and feel better. I worry I may not do something correctly and she may suffer due to that. I'm more than a little stressed. My mother and I have not always had the best relationship but it breaks my heart to see her suffering and in pain. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm hoping things fall into place and she gets better.

I'm just confused and having trouble pinpointing what went wrong so quickly. She's been fighting this since July 2015 and for the most part kicking cancer's ass.

I'd appreciate if you read this if you would send prays, good juju... whatever you believe in for my momma.
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 02:25 AM   #1405
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Teddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST ReputationTeddybear Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustedrims View Post
Hello everyone..

Had my CT scan. Pictures always come back good and no worries. Scan on monday. Usually takes a week or more to see the Dr. bout the pictures. I saw her on thursday. Got the phone call to come in on thursday. Thought that was great that I can get an early appt. Found out why I got that early appt. I have 2 spots on my right kidney. My Dr. said she isnt concerned about this. She told me not to worry. She said we caught it early. If it is bad we get rid of it and that will be it. I trust her. She has been with me from the beginning. It will be 3 years in november. Gotta get an MRI and maybe a biopsy if they need to know more.

Went out to 1 of my yards to get my mind off things. Gotta say that it didnt work. Left and visited friends. That was a nice break. I did go back and got more done. Felt better later. Glad i went back. Moms neighbor. Had a little visit with her. Watched the cat dump the birdbath on her. It was funny and scared her.

We all have our stuff going on individually but we fight the fight together.
Thank you for reading and caring. Stay safe everyone.

s

Rusty,

I also had a new tumor try to start growing inside one of the lymph nodes close to the liver. I did 5 treatments of radiation and we should know the middle of next month if that did the trick.

Prayers for everything to work out like it should
Old 06-16-2020, 02:27 AM   #1406
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
My mother isn't doing well. She started having abdominal pain shortly before Covid-19 struck. After that, I was unable to go in with her for chemo, oncologist appointments and tests. Although I continued speaking to them on the phone it made everything more difficult and continues to do do. In May they said she had a partial bowel blockage and she was in the hospital for 9 days. Her tumors are growing and pressing against her small intestine and colon. They did a biopsy and found that her cancer has a breast cancer mutation. Which means there is one chemo that is used for breast cancer that may possibly work. IF it gets approved. It could be denied because my mother has ovarian cancer. The oncologist said if it doesn't get approved or doesn't work she would have approximately 3-6 months. She had a drainage gtube put in Thursday morning. She seemed to be doing better on Friday but terrible yesterday and today.

I'm trying to make sure I'm doing everything possible to help her feel comfortable and feel better. I worry I may not do something correctly and she may suffer due to that. I'm more than a little stressed. My mother and I have not always had the best relationship but it breaks my heart to see her suffering and in pain. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm hoping things fall into place and she gets better.

I'm just confused and having trouble pinpointing what went wrong so quickly. She's been fighting this since July 2015 and for the most part kicking cancer's ass.

I'd appreciate if you read this if you would send prays, good juju... whatever you believe in for my momma.
Wrangler

We have been holding your mom up in prayer since I read this. I know how difficult it can be to care for someone who we havent had the best of relationships with.

I am sure you are doing everything you can to help her and to be there for her.

Continued prayers
Old 06-16-2020, 03:17 AM   #1407
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

So I have been battling getting a wheelchair because I felt it would mean I had given up and letting cancer win. Not the case I finally realize that refusing to get a chair has taken my freedom away from me. I am dependent upon a motorized cart at the stores I go to to be available when I go. If not then I have to turn around and go back to the car. Then I am done for the day.

It has robbed Norma and I from doing things together because she hates to see me in pain so she just doesn't ask to go.

Got the chair Friday and go tomorrow to get the lift for my car. My wife and I are looking forward to our life together where we enjoy doing things.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:05 AM   #1408
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Wrang, how is your mother doing? How are you?
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #1409
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

Wrang & Mom).....have had you & mom on my mind a lot. Just came by to send you light & love. Hang in there my friend!
Old 06-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #1410
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Wrangler

We have been holding your mom up in prayer since I read this. I know how difficult it can be to care for someone who we havent had the best of relationships with.

Continued prayers
Teddy,

Thank you so much. I know you understand. I've read your posts and I've been thinking of you. I just haven't been able to find the words lately.

Good move on the chair. I'll be waiting for an update about you and your wife's first outing. Take care of you and again, thank you.

~W
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 08:57 PM   #1411
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddybear View Post
Wrangler

Continued prayers
Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Wrang, how is your mother doing? How are you?
Not good, easy. The last three days have been rough due to pain. I haven't been able to get her to eat very much because of the nausea.

The chemo was approved. It's Herceptin. She's scheduled for an echocardiogram on the 24th. The problem is I don't know that'll she be strong enough to even attempt it.

Last night she told me she doesn't want to suffer. This morning she told me to have my older sister to come after work to plan the funeral.

As for me... I read the post earlier and since then have been trying to figure that out. The only thing I can come up with is that I don't know. There's just so much. So many feelings at once.

I don't want her to suffer. I'm still hoping something changes and she gets the chemo and it works but things aren't looking that way. I have taken to sleeping in the living room on the floor near the couch. I think it comforts her and that in turn helps me. I don't want her to be alone.

Anyway, I'm rambling, still trying to figure out how I am doing. I'm going to think about it some more. Maybe I'll pin something down.

I appreciate you asking, easy. I hope you and yours are happy, healthy and safe.

~W
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2020, 09:00 PM   #1412
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Wrang & Mom).....have had you & mom on my mind a lot. Just came by to send you light & love. Hang in there my friend!
Clay,

I feel like you've been here since the beginning. I can't express how much your support has meant.

Your love and light is accepted and returned to you, my friend. Thank you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2020, 12:40 AM   #1413
Starfish

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to my Forever

Starfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST Reputation

Prayers for all in this thread. May you have peace, comfort and relief from pain both physical and emotional.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:51 AM   #1414
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Wrang, that all sounds really difficult. I'm glad you're able to be there with your mom now and even sleeping on the floor next to her. That's absolutely comforting to you both. I did the same a few times when my mom had cancer and she stayed with me a few times when I was in chemo and really having a hard time of it. It's a very helpless feeling when you can't take the pain away but you can be a loving presence and that's what you are doing.

Herceptin isn't as rough as some other chemos but still, if she's not strong enough for it, I don't know how much it could benefit or hurt and that's a horrible decision to make.

Take care of yourself as you can. Drink water. Take deep breaths. I'll be thinking of you.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:11 PM   #1415
Teddybear

How Do You Identify?:
by my name
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, him
Relationship Status:
single

Quote:
Teddy,

Thank you so much. I know you understand. I've read your posts and I've been thinking of you. I just haven't been able to find the words lately.

Good move on the chair. I'll be waiting for an update about you and your wife's first outing. Take care of you and again, thank you.

~W
So the people we got the lift from put it on my car. Had to take it to the shop to have the bolt tighten. God has blessed us with this move to get the chair.

The lift has ratchet straps however I dont have the strength to turn the knob to ratchet it down so I had to get new ratchet straps that arent like ones you have to turn like a knob. Got it strapped down and off we went to Lowes.

I was able to get the chair unloaded, run around the store and then back on the lift without too much problems like yesterday. We know the more we use it the easier it will be.

We are planning a trip in a couple of months once we get some stuff done around here.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:12 PM   #1416
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

I have experienced, lived, survived many heartfelt and saddened outcomes for many here. There truly is no outcome that will ever return any of us OR our loved ones to a previous time without cancer. Our world/s: are forever changed.

Having this space for expression/s is welcomed and cherished. We all are connected by those of us who share a common space with one another. Caregiver/survivor or both...being able to share this space IS comforting.

At the end of my visit to this thread, I am reminded that I am not alone. I am thankful for everyone who has a few minutes to be here. I am humbled how many share a personal moment.

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2020, 04:06 PM   #1417
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Mom had an echocardiogram which came back normal. This means she can start chemo on the 30th.

I hope she'll be strong enough to go. She's so sick right now. Barely eating or drinking. She gets weaker each day.

I'm hoping to some how get her feeling better by Tuesday. I'm also hoping the chemo works and works quickly.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2020, 05:17 PM   #1418
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Mom had an echocardiogram which came back normal. This means she can start chemo on the 30th.

I hope she'll be strong enough to go. She's so sick right now. Barely eating or drinking. She gets weaker each day.

I'm hoping to some how get her feeling better by Tuesday. I'm also hoping the chemo works and works quickly.
I'm glad the echo cardiogram came back normal. Does she have a port for chemo?

Do you know how to make or have access to bone stock? It can be so nutrient dense and easy to digest, it might help her build up some strength. It's not hard to make. I'd be happy to talk you through it if you need a hand.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:17 PM   #1419
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I'm glad the echo cardiogram came back normal. Does she have a port for chemo?

Do you know how to make or have access to bone stock? It can be so nutrient dense and easy to digest, it might help her build up some strength. It's not hard to make. I'd be happy to talk you through it if you need a hand.
Easy,

She does have a port. I don't know how to make it but I was recently reading about it. Do you have a recipe? I will also Google it.

Thanks for the suggestion, EGF!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2020, 10:50 PM   #1420
Starfish

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Married to my Forever

Starfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST ReputationStarfish Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Easy,

She does have a port. I don't know how to make it but I was recently reading about it. Do you have a recipe? I will also Google it.

Thanks for the suggestion, EGF!
You can purchase on Amazon.