Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 09-04-2017, 05:57 PM   #141
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,459 Times in 740 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Hmm......well we are small town and country but Butter Rum is a good seller at our store! That just ain't right that you are searching for a Butter Rum Lifesaver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Do you remember those Butter Rum Lifesavers that were out many years ago? I haven't seen them since I was a kid!
nhplowboi is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #142
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Yes I remember this. It is true that you can't pump your own gas in Oregon and it definitely did take getting used to. It isn't the same as the full service from the past, but it is nice - except when you are in a hurry since you often have to wait.

The grocery store that I go to in the next town over does have kids take your shopping cart out and load your groceries in the car - which is also something that used to always be done when I was a kid.
Our town was so small that the A & P would send the boy over to our place with the groceries my parents had paid for and had other errands to do before heading home! That was back when we kept our doors unlocked of course.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #143
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,985 Times in 9,937 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Our town was so small that the A & P would send the boy over to our place with the groceries my parents had paid for and had other errands to do before heading home! That was back when we kept our doors unlocked of course.
our town was so small, and so far away, that we never locked out doors, much less hooked the screen door.

The family cars were left unlocked, too.

in fact, at times, mom and dad just left the keys to the cars on the floor boards of the big truck or family car.

BUT. ... the gate to the corral, and especially the field gates, were never left unlocked. Ever....
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #144
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,912 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

It's funny how now they don't want kids riding bikes without helmets, drinking out of garden hoses, riding in the back of a truck, etc, but we did all that as kids and my sister and I survived just fine!
Old 09-29-2017, 08:27 PM   #145
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
When I was young you could do all of the above. Also, the neighbor would come in to shut your windows if it rained. Your dog made the rounds and most people had a treat for her and all knew her name. You signed for your neighbor's UPS package and sent the kids over with then when you noticed their car sitting in their driveway. It was safe for an 8 year old kid to take the bus downtown alone.

All this and more that I can't think of in the close suburbs of Indianapolis.

In some ways, I miss the "good old days."
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #146
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Remember when no one had an answering machine for the landline telephone? If you weren't home to answer your phone, it would just ring and ring (the telephone).

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2018, 08:08 PM   #147
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Remember when no one had an answering machine for the landline telephone? If you weren't home to answer your phone, it would just ring and ring (the telephone).
Yup, and I remember the anticipation of who might be on the other end of that call, of course this was also WAY before caller I.D. ........
Old 02-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #148
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Yup, and I remember the anticipation of who might be on the other end of that call, of course this was also WAY before caller I.D. ........
I Love my landline ~ I never ask can u hear me now ~ my calls never get dropped ~ and when I'm not home I don't get bothered.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:58 AM   #149
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

We have a landline as well and would NEVER consider giving it up!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #150
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember receiving an allowance on my dad's payday.

As I recall most paydays back in the day were on a Friday......
Old 02-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #151
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember when the father was the primary breadwinner in the family.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #152
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Remember when households had one automobile and the family 'shared' it?
Old 02-22-2018, 11:52 AM   #153
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

I remember when having self respect was admirable and not insulted.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #154
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
I remember when having self respect was admirable and not insulted.
Dad always had the most current model of Mercury. Kids tried to be the first to wash his car, that Saturday chore was numeuro uno. We would do extra duties in order to win that. Also, it was a special time to be asked to ride in that car.

That car was dingless, rubber smudgeless, and always perfect. The inside was clean, no mud, no toys or even bits of gum wrappers.

Now mom's station wagon is where the groceries were picked up, kids taken to school, trips to drop kids at skating. There were surface scuffs in and out. It was obviously the kidmobile, but each Saturday was cleaned in and out. Dog prints to wipe up, crayon marks to wipe off. The outside was worse with all the mud and twigs. Washing it was a much bigger deal.

Detailing was simply cleaning well . Both were waxed and shined.
then.......on to next chore (no skating until finished).
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #155
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Dad always had the most current model of Mercury. Kids tried to be the first to wash his car, that Saturday chore was numeuro uno. We would do extra duties in order to win that. Also, it was a special time to be asked to ride in that car.

That car was dingless, rubber smudgeless, and always perfect. The inside was clean, no mud, no toys or even bits of gum wrappers.

Now mom's station wagon is where the groceries were picked up, kids taken to school, trips to drop kids at skating. There were surface scuffs in and out. It was obviously the kidmobile, but each Saturday was cleaned in and out. Dog prints to wipe up, crayon marks to wipe off. The outside was worse with all the mud and twigs. Washing it was a much bigger deal.

Detailing was simply cleaning well . Both were waxed and shined.
then.......on to next chore (no skating until finished).
WOW impressive you had two cars!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #156
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Smile

I remember the long late summer evenings of watering the yard, by irrigation canals we had in our property, and sitting on the swing set we had in the yard, swishing my feet through the water and watching the sun go down and the quiet evenings, when all you could hear were the crickets' chirping late in the evening, after a really warm day.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 06:57 PM   #157
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember, even tho it may be hard for younger folks to believe, when the whole family shared 1 phone and 1 television set..........
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 06:51 PM   #158
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember when playing outdoors as a kid you were left to roam and do as you pleased just as long as you were home by dark..........

Actually in our small town, the fire dept checked/blew their whistle every night at 9 and we'd best be home or close to it by then or we were in big trouble!
Old 02-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #159
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember nickle bags of potato chips and nickle candy bars!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #160
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember a HUGE box of popcorn at the Delft Theater in my hometown costing only a dime! For a nickle you'd get a good size bag of popcorn and for a quarter you'd get a container of buttered popcorn WITH REAL BUTTER!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: