Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 06-08-2023, 01:21 PM   #8481
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thanks for the update.

By all means, please send mine on to GeorgiaMa'am!!

I am amenable to "no time out" for her...she has had a really challenging year....with an aging, dementia mother, lost her doggy, and her partner of 17years!!

NONE of those are of her own volition...so, yes, "circumstances beyond her cntrol!
Old 06-09-2023, 02:27 PM   #8482
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,120 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Not knowing the footage you are working with, I've always been drawn to these, especially in tight quarters.

Or maybe a cabinet like this and adapt it to your supplies?

If you have a decent amount of space, I would consider doing shelving like nanners. It goes a long way and can go all the way up to the ceiling if more space is needed. Do your best to have as natural a light source as possible and, if that's not in the cards, Ottlite makes amazing lamps and light sources that last forever and provide natural light. Absolutely worth the investment! Winsome and Devaise are companies that make craft storage cabinets and organizers, many on wheels for easy maneuvering. A lot of Devaise's smaller cabinets and drawers come fully assembled (minus the casters, which are super easy to put on).

Now, my personal wish item is this beauty. It's got a little bit of everything...pegboard, drawers, display shelves and it's all on a swivel base. Perfection! One day she will be mine.

When determining what goes where, mind your plugs unless you have wireless charging capability. Rolling cabinets move better on hard surfaces so if you have carpet, you might want to put the sliding furniture movers under them so if you need to move things around, it won't be a big production for you.

Craft rooms are like finger prints; no two are exactly the same. Even if they have the exact same equipment and layout, the supplies will find different nooks and crannies in which to reside. You just have to do what feels right to you.

Good luck and have fun!!!
These are all really amazing recommendations Gemme, and give me a lot to think about. So much to wish for! It will take me longer to put this together than I originally thought.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #8483
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes and support. You all are very generous about the offer for a reprieve from the naughty list, and I will gratefully accept whatever everyone decides. I love working on our projects and receiving everyone else's work. I just don't want anyone to feel slighted, because I think sometimes we all have had circumstances that are overwhelming and out of our control.

I did get a chance to take pictures of the projects I made before they were lost, and if I have your phone number I have already or will shortly send you a pic of the one I made for you. I know it's not the same as having the actual piece, but if you would like your pic and haven't gotten one from me in the next couple of hours or so, please PM me your phone number and I will text it to you.

(((Hugs everyone)))

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2023, 04:30 PM   #8484
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation
Default Delivered!

According to USPS Tracking everyone except Nina03 got their pacakages today. Nina03, yours will be delivered tomorrow or Wednesday.

Are we ready to start the next project?

Also should we have a conversation about amending the rules for people being late with their projects?

Thanks GeorgiaMa'am for the picture of the zentangle!
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2023, 09:09 AM   #8485
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Got my package yesterday! Thank you for the fun project!!
I love each of the zentangles I did get!!! I LOVE them!

Thank you, GeorgiaMa'am for the pic of the one you made me!! I LOVE it!!!
Old 06-13-2023, 12:53 PM   #8486
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Wow! I got my package of projects and all I could say as I looked at each one was "Wow!!!" They are all so amazing. Now I'm inspired to see how I can better incorporate color into my Zentangles. I've never quite known how to begin, but now I want to move on. Thank you everybody for sending them to me, and for making them for me.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2023, 10:13 PM   #8487
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

I got my package yesterday and they were beautiful! Thank you everyone for sharing your art.

I'd volunteered to wrangle the next one, and my suggestion was decorated recipe cards. I'm also open to any other ideas. For a timeline say a month from the close of sign up?

Also, in terms of the naughty list, I feel like the death of a close family member, hospitalization, or severe weather that closes down the post office all count as "out of someone's control." There are probably things I'm missing, but those should all be on the list. As for asking for that space to miss or be late, I think that we are all adults and it should just be the honor system. Nobody should have to prove what they're saying.

I'm interested in everyone else's thoughts. I like this crafty community so much.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2023, 08:51 AM   #8488
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina03 View Post
I got my package yesterday and they were beautiful! Thank you everyone for sharing your art.

I'd volunteered to wrangle the next one, and my suggestion was decorated recipe cards. I'm also open to any other ideas. For a timeline say a month from the close of sign up?

I'm interested in everyone else's thoughts. I like this crafty community so much.
I am not going to be able to do the recipe cards. My vision makes it difficult enough to draw, color, etc BUT to write...it is horrible. PLUS, recipe cards are usually not very big.

I STILL have high eye pressure, contributes to blindness (my vision is 20/60 ish so NO BUENO) and I use eyedrops 4 times a day, so those irritate my eyes to a degree.

Will look on from afar, crafters!
Old 06-14-2023, 08:03 PM   #8489
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
I am not going to be able to do the recipe cards. My vision makes it difficult enough to draw, color, etc BUT to write...it is horrible. PLUS, recipe cards are usually not very big.

I STILL have high eye pressure, contributes to blindness (my vision is 20/60 ish so NO BUENO) and I use eyedrops 4 times a day, so those irritate my eyes to a degree.

Will look on from afar, crafters!
Hi Clay,
I'd rather pick another project than have you unable to participate. How about any of these as themes??
Water (oceans, lakes, rivers, beaches, fish, whatever tickles you)
Home
Transitions
Flowers/ trees anything that grows in the summer
Let's do the size as big as 8.5 × 11, and no smaller than 5×5. Must be flat, but can be decorated any way you want.
Do any of those themes sound good to everyone? It's really important to me that everyone is included who wants to be.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2023, 05:53 AM   #8490
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Hi Clay,
I'd rather pick another project than have you unable to participate. How about any of these as themes??
Home
Transitions
Let's do the size as big as 8.5 × 11, and no smaller than 5×5. Must be flat, but can be decorated any way you want.
Do any of those themes sound good to everyone? It's really important to me that everyone is included who wants to be.
Awww, nina03, that is an incredibly sweet gesture to rethink your project for me. I REALLY appreciate that so much.

An 8.5x11 project substrate would be ideal.

AND, everyone knows how much I love anything to do with beaches, dolphins, etc...

Freeform mediums are even better for me (I LOVE the paint chip projects, and using colors).

With the wide parameters, I think I can make something, for sure!

Thanks! See how everyone else feels.....get input!!! I want everyone else to want to participate as well!
Old 06-15-2023, 03:46 PM   #8491
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi Clay,
Home
Transitions
Can we broaden the theme to nature?
Is this going to be a drawing or just free form do whatever you want as long as the theme is there?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2023, 10:01 PM   #8492
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
Can we broaden the theme to nature?
Is this going to be a drawing or just free form do whatever you want as long as the theme is there?
I like the idea of nature as the theme, and I really
love the idea of a free for all in terms of what people make. This is a chance to go crazy as long as it's between 5x5 and 8.5x11 and flat. Also, please seal your glitter well! How much time should we give for a sign up deadline?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 07:37 AM   #8493
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I like the idea of nature as the theme, and I really
love the idea of a free for all in terms of what people make. This is a chance to go crazy as long as it's between 5x5 and 8.5x11 and flat. Also, please seal your glitter well! How much time should we give for a sign up deadline?
That is a great idea....nature & "free form".

FYI: Want to make sure no 3D type embellishments, etc...as those would be hard to mail back, require more special packaging for returns ($$).....surface has to be flat!!!

Typically we allow 1 week for signups.

4 weeks to complete project

date to have back to you and a 1 week "extra" before on naughty list.

Thanks, nina03!!
Old 06-20-2023, 10:56 AM   #8494
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Yay! I received mine last week. I love how we all have different ideas! My friends are just excited to see the finished art pieces. I carry them around for a week.

I'm loving the new idea, I promise to keep it flat, I'm thinking fabrics???

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2023, 11:52 AM   #8495
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

For some reason, I didn't have access to the site for a few days so pardon my delay in saying that the projects were nothing short of stunning. Georgia, the one you showed me is adorable! I love them all.

As for the current project on the table, Nature is great and very open as a theme and the size range of 5x5 to 8.5x11 gives us a lot of options as well.

I would like to revisit the 'flat' discussion though. Nothing crazy like 3D flowers or anything but what popped in my head initially would add a wee bit of height to parts of the piece. Like a puffy sticker kind of height. Nothing that would increase volume significantly or add too much to the weight or increase $$$ investment for anyone.

Would anyone have an issue with that?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2023, 02:42 PM   #8496
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
For some reason, I didn't have access to the site for a few days so pardon my delay in saying that the projects were nothing short of stunning. Georgia, the one you showed me is adorable! I love them all.

As for the current project on the table, Nature is great and very open as a theme and the size range of 5x5 to 8.5x11 gives us a lot of options as well.

I would like to revisit the 'flat' discussion though. Nothing crazy like 3D flowers or anything but what popped in my head initially would add a wee bit of height to parts of the piece. Like a puffy sticker kind of height. Nothing that would increase volume significantly or add too much to the weight or increase $$$ investment for anyone.

Would anyone have an issue with that?
Good to see us all back! No issue with that for me...I can't wait to get started.

I'm thinking fabric or puffy sticker kind of height would be fine.

Are we ready for sign ups?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2023, 06:21 PM   #8497
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

Default New Summer Project!

It's time for the new project! The theme is NATURE. Interpret that however you like.
Animals?
Trees?
Waterways?
Fishies?
Birds?
All of it is good, and anything else you can think of that fits the theme.

Size range is 5x5 up to 8.5x11. Keep it relatively flat, think no fatter than puffy stickers, or fabric. Use any medium you want. Paint, collage, fabric art, embroidery, drawing, do whatever you are inspired to do. Contain your glitter in some fashion, please. Send $10 with your projects for shipping.

Sign ups open right now, and close in one week, by the end of the day on 6/27/23.
Projects due on 7/25/23, and late if not here by the end of the day on 8/1/23.
1. Nina03
2. Clay
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2023, 07:48 PM   #8498
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

If someone could please add me to this project I would greatly appreciate it. I’m so bummed that I missed out on the zentangles. That is a big favorite of mine. For some reason I don’t get notifications for this thread in my email inbox. Grrr… now to be fair Clay actually sent me a text telling me about the project, but somehow I expected Clay to give me a second nudge and really baby me like clay did the project before. Thankfully, Nanners and Clay have been pushing me for this one. TBH, I can never get enough reminders from everyone. I hate private messages, but please text me to the max! It helps! As far as giving reprieves, maybe we should do a general reprieve for everyone and start from zero again? Also, thank you for not making things totally flat but more within reason. I like the flexibility.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping

Last edited by nycfem; 06-20-2023 at 07:53 PM.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2023, 11:04 AM   #8499
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

It's time for the new project! The theme is NATURE. Interpret that however you like.
Animals?
Trees?
Waterways?
Fishies?
Birds?
All of it is good, and anything else you can think of that fits the theme.

Size range is 5x5 up to 8.5x11. Keep it relatively flat, think no fatter than puffy stickers, or fabric. Use any medium you want. Paint, collage, fabric art, embroidery, drawing, do whatever you are inspired to do. Contain your glitter in some fashion, please. Send $10 with your projects for shipping.

Sign ups open right now, and close in one week, by the end of the day on 6/27/23.
Projects due on 7/25/23, and late if not here by the end of the day on 8/1/23.
1. Nina03
2. Clay
3. nycfem
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #8500
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
If someone could please add me to this project I would greatly appreciate it. I’m so bummed that I missed out on the zentangles. That is a big favorite of mine. For some reason I don’t get notifications for this thread in my email inbox. Grrr… now to be fair Clay actually sent me a text telling me about the project, but somehow I expected Clay to give me a second nudge and really baby me like clay did the project before. Thankfully, Nanners and Clay have been pushing me for this one. TBH, I can never get enough reminders from everyone. I hate private messages, but please text me to the max! It helps! As far as giving reprieves, maybe we should do a general reprieve for everyone and start from zero again? Also, thank you for not making things totally flat but more within reason. I like the flexibility.
I added you to the list!!! I'm fine with doing a general reprieve and letting everyone join in. How does everyone else feel about that? The artists currently on hold are:

ARTISTS ON HOLD
Orema till 6/30/2023
CCB till 7/23/2023
FireSignFemme till 7/24/2023
Soft Silver till 08/28/2023

Given that everyone on that list would be off that list either during or right after this project, I say let everyone come play. What does everyone think?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:

Tags
artists, creative types