Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Bumping again.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #82
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

8am and we have about 4 inches and it's coming down fast and hard. Work put out the call at 6am for us all to stay home. Thankfully we have a number of staff who live in the building or live a short walking distance and they will be there. I'm on call for brainstorming needs. I am going to buy our maintenance team a night on the town though cause this will be hardest on them and we absolutely need them there.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #83
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

11am, about 8 inches now. Some surrounding areas are up to 18 inches. Post offices closed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #84
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
11am, about 8 inches now. Some surrounding areas are up to 18 inches. Post offices closed.
Yikes, you know things are B A D when the post office closes
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 10:29 AM   #85
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I think CT and NY are getting the brunt of it now. We were downgraded last night so it's likely we'll only get up to 9 inches but the snow is now taking a backseat to the rain, which started about half an hour ago here.

The rain will freeze, encasing the snow in what amounts to an impenetrable resin force field and leave the entire ground and all the roadways a giant sheet of slick glass, which is difficult to deal with and is a major safety concern for both residential and commercial locations as well as emergency workers and transportation providers.

It's starting to get real, folks. Hang on to your short hairs.

ETA: My main plow guy is outside my window and I can hear his tires spinning. He might be stuck again.

That's not good.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 03-14-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #86
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I think CT and NY are getting the brunt of it now. We were downgraded last night so it's likely we'll only get up to 9 inches but the snow is now taking a backseat to the rain, which started about half an hour ago here.

The rain will freeze, encasing the snow in what amounts to an impenetrable resin force field and leave the entire ground and all the roadways a giant sheet of slick glass, which is difficult to deal with and is a major safety concern for both residential and commercial locations as well as emergency workers and transportation providers.

It's starting to get real, folks. Hang on to your short hairs.

ETA: My main plow guy is outside my window and I can hear his tires spinning. He might be stuck again.

That's not good.

Wow, none of that sounds good.

My daughter is taking a shift shoveling which is quite helpful.
Wind is picking up. I can usually see our main road from upstairs in my big bedroom window and was trying to see out there because there were all kinds of emergency sirens going off but I can't see anything past a few feet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #87
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The snow was brief here. The rain is impressive - wont have to wash the car after this. The winds are strong but not nearly as bad as predicted.

The thumping of tree parts falling on the roof is being ignored.

Lights flickering on and off but the electric is holding in this area. Thankfully the temps are rising (40's now).

Stay safe people.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #88
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a bad feeling about this storm but apparently my gut wasn't talking about snow inches. It was talking about water intrusion. One of my work buildings flooded and the roof leaked. Two separate water intrusion issues that I spent hours mopping up and contacting the affected customers. After I shoveled the wet snow and accidentally attempted to give myself hypothermia, that is.

Not. Kidding.

Worst day in a while for sure.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 09:04 AM   #89
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

We've gotten over 2 feet here at the NY/Quebec Canadian border. Love snow. Luck I don't have to drive in it.

All we've had are those little snowflakes that result in accumulation, none of those pretty BIG snowflakes. We also missed out on the blizzards. Haven't seen blizzards since living in Milw. Really look forward to both, but alas.

Will try to walk to the store later for some ice cream, snow is gonna be way higher that boots. Might even be up past my hips...yipes.

Won't be as bad as the time we (including Hildegaard...large pit bull/mastiff) went walking. Hit a patch where I was up to my hips following a leash through the snow (no dog, just lead). Felt the tug, but could see no evidence of the unidentifiable force pulling me along for a couple of blocks.

Of course, it was Hildegaard pulling me out of this long drift. She was so proud of herself as well she shoild have been. Her momma didn't get lost in the snow! GOOD DOG!

Last edited by cathexis; 03-15-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: missed letter in word
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2017, 01:35 PM   #90
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

We're doing surprisingly well, except for driveing. It's always a white knuckler for Ami, who is usually the one out in it. We got about 9 inches total so far and it was fluffy not concrete, so pushing as opposed to digging was easier, not easy as it's still 9 inches but .... er.... Losts of folks in the ditch, school bus in the ditch, kids minor injuries nothing serious. We got the back end of Stella, so I feel for the folks who got 42 inches.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 AM   #91
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Texas

Hunker down Texans!

Severe storms are headed toward Austin.
Mom called to tell me that she safe at a neighbor's house.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2017, 08:58 AM   #92
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hunker down Texans!

Severe storms are headed toward Austin.
Mom called to tell me that she safe at a neighbor's house.
The storm just passed me in the hill country and is headed to Austin. Hail and tornado warnings for Cedar Park and areas north.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #93
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Check -in

Hunker down east Texas and Louisiana.

Check-in when possible.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #94
Degotoga

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Respectful and situational appropriate ones
Relationship Status:
Enjoying butchelorhood

Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,233 Posts
Degotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mother Nature needs a Xanax!

Tropical depression Harvey is intensifying and taking aim at the Texas coastline. It is expected to make landfall Friday morning and all weather maps are predicting it will bring prolonged periods of heavy rainfall and flooding across parts of Texas, southwestern Louisiana, and northeastern New Mexico, and is expected to last into early next week. Everyone in its path please check in as frequently as possible. The rain has already begun in central Texas and first responders are currently being put on standby (there goes my downtime!) so stay alert and don't take any unnecessary risks. If you can't see the roadway or determine how deep a puddle may be, turn around! Here's hoping everyone rides this out safely.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:05 PM   #95
FieryRedhead

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single, for now.

FieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST ReputationFieryRedhead Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degotoga View Post
Tropical depression Harvey is intensifying and taking aim at the Texas coastline. It is expected to make landfall Friday morning and all weather maps are predicting it will bring prolonged periods of heavy rainfall and flooding across parts of Texas, southwestern Louisiana, and northeastern New Mexico, and is expected to last into early next week. Everyone in its path please check in as frequently as possible. The rain has already begun in central Texas and first responders are currently being put on standby (there goes my downtime!) so stay alert and don't take any unnecessary risks. If you can't see the roadway or determine how deep a puddle may be, turn around! Here's hoping everyone rides this out safely.

Thank you for the update! I have family in Texas and Louisiana, I always try to keep up with anything going on there.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #96
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryRedhead View Post

Thank you for the update! I have family in Texas and Louisiana, I always try to keep up with anything going on there.
Me too (Louisiana ).... As much as i miss my fam i do not miss the storms.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #97
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Ahhh yes severe weather means I actually get sleep lol

I'm just waiting on the rain, right now.

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #98
Degotoga

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Respectful and situational appropriate ones
Relationship Status:
Enjoying butchelorhood

Thanked 4,386 Times in 1,233 Posts
Degotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST ReputationDegotoga Has the BEST Reputation

Harvey has intensified and is now expected to be a hurricane by the time it makes landfall along the Texas coastline. Hunker down and stay safe, folks!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #99
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

sigh. And so goes the first responder pager. And I thought we were going to read a book and sleep in. Time to hit the Monsters drinks. Energy to fill sand bags for the hospital. And call Sun Coast to fill the generators. Bummers. Minimal 4 day bag pack to sleep on cots. Phfffttttt!
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #100
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degotoga View Post
Harvey has intensified and is now expected to be a hurricane by the time it makes landfall along the Texas coastline. Hunker down and stay safe, folks!
when this happens it always in East Texas, south Louisiana gets that right front quadrant and its all over
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: