Notices

Old 09-25-2021, 10:04 AM   #221
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default It may be just a tad too early to plan the bash but.....

then again,

I don't want to wait until the last minute either now do I...

https://tribunetower.com/history/
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #222
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

then again,

I don't want to wait until the last minute either now do I...

https://tribunetower.com/history/
My hope is that this was built solid enough that you won't hear upstairs neighbors stomping across the floor or hear them chop vegetable through such thin walls...
Old 10-21-2021, 03:05 PM   #223
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 10-27-2021, 07:44 AM   #224
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default A First Look at the New Tribune Tower Residences....

Countless journalists have passed through the doors at 435 N. Michigan Ave. From famous Pulitzer Prize winners to humble copy editors, they often worked into the wee hours and pecked away at stories that played out on the streets below the crowned Tribune Tower. But the Chicago Tribune (and Chicago Magazine, which is owned by Tribune Publishing) left the building in 2018 and the bustle of the newsroom has since been replaced by the far slower pace of luxury condos. For between about $900,000 and $7 million a pop, you too can live where William Mullen covered voting irregularities, Mike Royko penned columns, and Gene Siskel critiqued films.

The building is now the Tribune Tower Residences, owned and co-developed by CIM Group and Golub & Company. Their gut renovation of the Tribune Tower resulted in 162 living units of one to four bedrooms a piece and a matching number of baths. The historic two-and-a-half-story Michigan Avenue lobby, famously covered with engraved quotes about the press and the First Amendment, is now accentuated by plush couches and Art Deco-inspired designs that continue throughout the communal spaces and residences.

The decor and approximately $1 million in commissioned art are in mostly subdued colors, accented by metallics and the occasional jewel tone — plus a few historic photos and blueprints of the building itself. The designers’ intent is very clear: You’re sipping that evening beer within a significant piece of history.

The amenities on the third floor include a full bar, work-from-home space, conference rooms, game room, and the McCormick Study — so named after the Chicago Tribune owner and publisher Colonel Robert R. McCormick. The developers even refurbished and re-installed McCormick’s fireplace (engraved with one of his own quotes) for the study. On this same floor, tenants have access to a one-third-acre “park” — essentially an outdoor walking path that winds through greenery and is enclosed on the north and south sides by residence terraces and balconies, with the east end opening toward the lake. But the best outdoor views are elsewhere: on the Crown Terrace. Taking the elevator up to the 25th floor, you can step out into the Tower’s Crown Terrace for a Quasimodo-style view of the city (of course, the hunchback would need a better-paying job than bell-ringer for this particular perch). The building’s facade was cleaned up during renovations, and its flying buttresses are on full display criss-crossing and arching overhead, allowing light to splash over the seating areas.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:09 AM   #225
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2022, 09:16 AM   #226
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2022, 06:23 AM   #227
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Love the headboard but way to much clutter!
Old 01-26-2022, 06:30 AM   #228
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-27-2022, 07:54 AM   #229
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-28-2022, 12:38 AM   #230
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tall order......

Homoe:
I love the new St. Regis Residence and the loft apartment. Can you show us an apartment in Chicago with minimal sun, a good view, preferably a loft?

Furnished it with authentic Waterfall Deco furniture with an oversized round mirror vanity, chifferobe, a dresser in the bedroom, Victorian Governor Winthrop or Secretary in the living room, and a personal seven bookcase library.

I had the same furnishings in my foreclosed (2006 real estate crisis) Ft. Lauderdale townhouse. The bank told me everything was thrown away, a story I did not buy. Never did manage to locate the furniture after much legwork and many phone calls. Someone made a lot of money on my misfortune as I do not believe that the folks threw out all of my inherited antiques. Aren't they supposed to put the stuff from foreclosed properties in a storage locker? During that recession, I lost everything of value (antiques, stocks, bonds, everything I owned, including clothes and a fabulous fossil collection).

I ask you to find a picture of this because I cannot go to an antique show or see antiques in any other venue. I haven't bought a single piece since I'm scared. I can't even watch Antiques Roadshow on PBS, so please show what I cannot look at outside my apartment or on TV in front of others.
They were supposed to do much that they did not.

This would be my apartment therapy, but not quite fantasy, more therapeutic. It may help me move on from this; I'll print it if it works.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2022, 07:01 AM   #231
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Homoe:
I love the new St. Regis Residence and the loft apartment. Can you show us an apartment in Chicago with minimal sun, a good view, preferably a loft?

Furnished it with authentic Waterfall Deco furniture with an oversized round mirror vanity, chifferobe, a dresser in the bedroom, Victorian Governor Winthrop or Secretary in the living room, and a personal seven bookcase library.

I had the same furnishings in my foreclosed (2006 real estate crisis) Ft. Lauderdale townhouse. The bank told me everything was thrown away, a story I did not buy. Never did manage to locate the furniture after much legwork and many phone calls. Someone made a lot of money on my misfortune as I do not believe that the folks threw out all of my inherited antiques. Aren't they supposed to put the stuff from foreclosed properties in a storage locker? During that recession, I lost everything of value (antiques, stocks, bonds, everything I owned, including clothes and a fabulous fossil collection).

I ask you to find a picture of this because I cannot go to an antique show or see antiques in any other venue. I haven't bought a single piece since I'm scared. I can't even watch Antiques Roadshow on PBS, so please show what I cannot look at outside my apartment or on TV in front of others.
They were supposed to do much that they did not.

This would be my apartment therapy, but not quite fantasy, more therapeutic. It may help me move on from this; I'll print it if it works.
Let me do a little snooping and digging around and see what I can find out! Was it Wells Fargo bank you dealed with?
Old 01-28-2022, 07:18 AM   #232
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Remove all the pictures above the bed & side wall and apply that beautiful stencil Orema posted and you got one great bedroom IMHO!
Old 02-01-2022, 05:16 PM   #233
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 02-16-2022, 10:42 AM   #234
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 02-22-2024, 10:28 PM   #235
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Bumping Martina’s thread for a cool story about an unusual apartment

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/02/20/28-y...aundromat.html

I was just reading about a young man who is renting an empty commercial use space for his apartment, in the Queens borough of New York City area.

If you click on the link above, it will take you to the news story where there is also a video that was made about his apartment. It was an old abandoned laundromat and he converted it into a residence for himself, but it’s his neighbors who look out for him. It’s amazing, his story. I won’t give away all the cool stuff about his apartment but he also has an amazing life experience that informs his life perspective and how he came into building up an old commercial space for his living quarters.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2024, 12:31 AM   #236
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation