Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-22-2017, 06:59 PM   #101
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Because we're all getting our own tiny silver tea spoon, of course.

No we are not, not from me, anyway.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #102
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
No we are not, not from me, anyway.
Party pooper.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #103
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,131 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Party pooper.
Seriously. I got so excited about the spoon... sigh.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2017, 06:09 PM   #104
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got Jesse's today! Very cool.

Are we going to wait until everyone gets all of theirs to start sampling or are we going to go ahead and report back how we liked them (without spoiling the surprise for those who haven't received theirs yet, of course) as we go along?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #105
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Mine will be going out Monday.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 03:56 AM   #106
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I got Jesse's today! Very cool.

Are we going to wait until everyone gets all of theirs to start sampling or are we going to go ahead and report back how we liked them (without spoiling the surprise for those who haven't received theirs yet, of course) as we go along?

Wow, Gemme! You got it fast, considering all of the snow and bad weather along the way! I hope you enjoy it!

As for your question, either way works for me.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #107
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Mine are all set and ready to go out Monday. Now, I've been pen palling a long time and I'd be surprised if these WEREN'T machinable. But we'll see Monday I could eat my words.

I'm fine with sampling as you get them as long as the surprise isn't ruined. I'm curious because I sent everyone a different tea based on what I thought they'd like. I want to know if I was even in the ballpark or not.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2017, 04:35 AM   #108
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
Mine are all set and ready to go out Monday. Now, I've been pen palling a long time and I'd be surprised if these WEREN'T machinable. But we'll see Monday I could eat my words...
Do you know a special trick that may make them machinable? If so, please share. This is my first project of this sort so I am flying by the seat of my pants. Any shared tricks of the trade are well appreciated, plus they make help those who haven't yet mailed their teas.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2017, 09:16 AM   #109
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

When I mailed out yesterday they had a large plastic board with a slot in it at the post office. If your envelope could pass through the opening as well as weighed under a certain amount you could mail out with just a regular stamp. Mine didn't but then I sent people multiple teabags. I also put each one in its own mini Ziploc bag to try and help keep the different tea smells from blending, as well as placed them each in small, party invitation type, odd size/shape envelopes. Though small, it made for a pretty thick envelope, the weight was under limit but it wouldn't pass through the blue measure-o-matic template thing at the post office. Knowing that, next time I would package them differently so they'd easily fit through. I'd also only buy teas of the same brand/flavor if thinking to include extras, rather than different types, so that way I'd only have to use one plastic bag for them rather than multiple mini ones. I'd also cut the zipper top off that one bag, just heat seal it closed, fold over and tape to keep other smells out while in transit as well as reduce the weight. If I'd have done it that way then I would have only had to pay for a regular first class postage stamp to send to those in the states, worst case scenario maybe needed to slap on an additional stamp. Then I’d have only had to mail those headed to Canada at the post office. I hate having to go into the post office here so the quicker I can get through the line and out of there the better. Anyhow as for mailing out to Canada by putting them in a cardboard mailer the shipping cost was about the same as those mailed first class here in the states. However since I had to buy the mailers basically it doubled the cost. But generally only one or two people from Canada participate. So that means I only have to pay a little extra to ship to Canada. On the other hand I'm thinking people in Canada have quite a few more people to ship to outside of Canada at a higher rate. Anyhow long story short next time by packaging differently I would be able to send the same amount of teabags out (assuming two participants to Canada, the rest to here in the states) for half what I spent yesterday. To me anytime I can pay 50% less it’s worth the fuss. Knowing next time it will be less work as well, because I’ll just be slapping everything together into one zipper less Ziploc for each participant, that I figure is substantial enough savings (in terms of both time and money) to be worth discussing here for those who might be thinking of participating in this type of exchange in the future.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2017, 09:21 AM   #110
PaPa

How Do You Identify?:
GQ Butch Daddy
Relationship Status:
A Very Protective BIG Daddy...

Thanked 5,873 Times in 1,530 Posts
PaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST ReputationPaPa Has the BEST Reputation

I received the tea in the mail yesterday and should receive the bags to put the loose tea into on Tuesday. Therefore, mine will be sent by end of next week. Sorry for the delay but those tea bags have taken forever to get here!!
PaPa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PaPa For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2017, 10:08 AM   #111
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,131 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have received packages from Jesse and Liam. Thank you!

Mine went out this morning and were sent with regular postage. I asked the postal worker three times if she was sure and she assured me they would go through just fine. So... we shall see!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2017, 10:09 AM   #112
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Do you know a special trick that may make them machinable? If so, please share. This is my first project of this sort so I am flying by the seat of my pants. Any shared tricks of the trade are well appreciated, plus they make help those who haven't yet mailed their teas.
Well, here's a couple things. Send only one teabag, FSF learned. I also chose relatively flat tea bags tazo and twinings and stash are all good brands for this. I also chose small note cards as something of uniform thickness is more likely to be machinable. Also, I smushed down the tea bag a little. Not enough to harm it but just enough to make it a little thinner.

But like I said , I could be eating my words tomorrow lol

My Patreon

My Website

Last edited by candy_coated_bitch; 03-25-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #113
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I'm finding it interesting how different people's experiences with the post office are.

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #114
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I received tea from Liam moments ago. Thanks Liam, I love the card and looking forward to sampling the tea!
Old 03-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #115
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
To be fair, your bag is a little larger than most, so that may have contributed to it.

I'm indecisive so y'all are likely to get multiple teas but I'm not going to be as nice as FireSign and separate them specifically because of the reason she noted....cost.

Who knows? Maybe I'll send someone a combination that they really like and get them started on a new kick?

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:50 PM   #116
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Quote:
To be fair, your bag is a little larger than most, so that may have contributed to it.

I'm indecisive so y'all are likely to get multiple teas but I'm not going to be as nice as FireSign and separate them specifically because of the reason she noted....cost.

Who knows? Maybe I'll send someone a combination that they really like and get them started on a new kick?

So did you try the tea? lol
Old 03-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #117
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Liam, I got yours! I have to tell you, I saw the return address and only saw the organization on it and I wondered when I had joined that site. I assumed it was a card from them and even when I saw the tea bag I thought, that's weird, they are sending me a teabag as a way of saying thanks? DUH!!! lol It took me minute. Love the card and can't wait to try the tea.

I have not been able to get to the post office this week so I will definitely go Monday.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #118
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
So did you try the tea? lol
I haven't. I'm going to wait until I get all of them and have a tea fest.

I got Liam's today too!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #119
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

My tea has been sent out!!!

I eat my words, my friends, as my letters were NOT machinable. The po guy didn't try sliding it through the the plastic slot. He was just like "no, not machinable" at one look. So I paid for the 70 cent stamps. :P

My Patreon

My Website
Old 03-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #120
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Mine went out before lunch today. Also not machinable but I figured that. I spent about $10 in postage.

Also, I received a package from FireSign today!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: