Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

okie dokie...

i salvaged a dresser, took all the front panels off the drawers.

stripped old cheapy paint
sanded off dark stain
painted fresh light paint
applied decals from dollar tree

"Every day is a gift" " Always kiss me goodnight " "Welcome....." "Be your own kind of Beautiful" ...etc

Some i plugged the holes for knobs, others i painted the wood knobs all cute. one panel i used blackboard paint.

the paint was left over from other projects.

one dollar for each decal.

The dresser will have shelves for wicker baskets. yes i buy them at yard sales and thrift stores. On the bottom I'm adding little wood louver doors that i found at the restore. I did a funky paint job on them. the bottom will be the hidden nap condo for my cats.

Not sure how i will finish dresser. Got dozens of ideas!!!

anyhoo, as i remember little ideas i will post.

Almost forgot! if you mak sure the area on the back where the panel is cut, allowing the bottom of the drawer slides in remains on the top, you will have a premade hanger that is level.

Fabulous thread idea!!! thanks!
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #22
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow D.I.Y. Sewing Kit

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 04:38 AM   #23
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

Thanked 1,100 Times in 288 Posts
girllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputation
Default I have made a similar one

Relaxing Skin Scrub

Ingredients:
Epsom salt to fill 3/4 of a jar
mineral oil to fill 8 oz. mason jar
lavender essential oil (15-20 drops)
Tea tree oil (15 drops) optional for antibacterial purposes

Pour salt, mineral oil and essential oils into glass jar, tighten lid and shake to mix. Let it sit for a day or 2.

I made one like this for EVERYONE on my list a few years ago and people asked for more when they ran out.

The biggest expenses were the jars (but I got a flat of 20 for like 35$) and the essential oil ... but the cost divided by 15 people was probably under $5 each.
girllikeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 AM   #24
Daktari

Organic caster sugar
Organic rapeseed oil (mixed with a lighter oil and possibly a spot of jojoba too)
Essential oil (ylang ylang seems to make folks feel lovely)

All guestimated quantities...I've never measured. Just don't make it too oily.

Mix it all up. Instant body scrub that folks seem to really like. I give mine away and have a few girls who always ask for refills when they've used it up. Ms.Sponsorliscious has a lifetime option on refills
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #25
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Organic caster sugar
Organic rapeseed oil (mixed with a lighter oil and possibly a spot of jojoba too)
Essential oil (ylang ylang seems to make folks feel lovely)

All guestimated quantities...I've never measured. Just don't make it too oily.

Mix it all up. Instant body scrub that folks seem to really like. I give mine away and have a few girls who always ask for refills when they've used it up. Ms.Sponsorliscious has a lifetime option on refills
you mean grapeseed oil right?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #26
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
you mean grapeseed oil right?
Nope, I meant rapeseed oil. Google is your friend...I'm out and on my phone so can't be bothered to faff doing the google linkage
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #27
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daktari View Post
Nope, I meant rapeseed oil. Google is your friend...I'm out and on my phone so can't be bothered to faff doing the google linkage
okie dokie. glad i asked! will educate myself. thanks Daktari
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
okie dokie. glad i asked! will educate myself. thanks Daktari

It's a major crop here. The fields of gold/yellow are so jolly in spring/early summer. Sorta heralds the start of hay fever season.

The oil is dead (uk>us: very/really) healthy.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

In the U.S., rapeseed oil is called canola oil.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #30
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

Link to ~>>> Presents of Mind

(they have a page on Facebook, too)
OMG, I adore the mustache binkies.

Cracked me up.

I didn't look to see how much they were but they sure made my day a bit brighter.

For myself, especially this time of year, I like a bag of Reece's Trees. They are fun to eat.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #31
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Calendar
Ice scraper
Small umbrella
Ink pens
A bag of Jack Links beef jerky
Microwave bacon cooker
Travel mug
2 bags of golf tees
Flash light
Work gloves
Nail polish
Nail clippers
Dvd movie in walmart
Wallet
Money clip
Almonds 2 cans

I think I could come up with a million ideas.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #32
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

chargers and adapters! USB, A/C, vehicle socket, multiples of each!

Just like Glengarry Glen Ross said, the secret to success= abc always be charging
Old 11-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #33
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

homemade gift cards... for various goodies like hand massage, head rub, clothing repair, (if you know how), dog walking, help with cleaning, make breakfast, clean out car, etc.

can you make origami? fill a jar with folded frogs, cranes, stars or make gift boxes with Sunday funny papers, or left over gift wrap. offer to teach someone.

search through pinterest or craft sites like craftsters (my favorite) for ideas.

re-gift stuff you already have.

make note cards in sets of four or six. you can purchase card stock by the sheet. no need to buy a ream.

use vintage doily to make dream catcher, add beads and ribbons etc.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2013, 05:15 PM   #34
Bells

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her,
Relationship Status:
yep , i got one

Bells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST ReputationBells Has the BEST Reputation

lighted incense

$1.00 small glass vase
$1.00 mini strand of Christmas lights
$1.00 bag of potpourri
$1.00 doily

place the lights into the vase, pour the potpourri over the lights , then find a ribbon or string ( ok so I usually have this in my house) place the doily on top and secure with ribbon

homemade and around $5.00 ..... oh and it smells good when heated
Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bells For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #35
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

i took apart a very old well loved quilt recently. okay it was literally disintegrating. i had to have it.

i salvaged most of the top and back. i am now making pot holders. throw pillow tops and even a quilted xmas tree decoration with three small pieces. will look so cute when I'm done.

will post photos at some point. most will be gifts. paid $$25 for quilt. would get a couple hundred if sold retail after creative redo. the quilt pattern is log cabin. one of my favorites.

Some smaller pieces will end up as decoration on my favorite overshirt. that is something you can do, decorate someones shirt for them.

you creative types have it easy. gift your creative efforts. i recycle alot.

yes. i am a hoarder. my name is Sweet Bliss.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #36
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

One of my fav things to do for gifts is go to the Dollar Tree where everything is a buck or less.

I get tons of stuff for stocking stuffers or filler gifts.

Some of the things i've got there have been...

flashlights
calenders
dog toys
retro butterfly yo-yo that lights up
bubble blowers
scarfs
socks
gloves
makeup bags
chess set/checkers
beautiful ornaments
book lights
vases
candles
holiday cards (have you checked the prices of these lately? omg.)
cake mixes
candy mixes

Lots more but it's amazing some of the things you can find in those stores. Anyway it's one of my fav places to shop.

princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #37
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

Oh hey look what just showed up in my Facebook feed today.

472 Meals In A Jar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDivina View Post
How about <insert favorite baked goods mix> in a jar? That's always fun. (Assuming you have jars already.)

LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #38
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Every year I have a problem of what to get the folks on my pool team's for christmass as I am on teams it can get pricey with 8 pr team= 24 gifts to get.One team has desided to draw names..can do,the ladies team has been everyone gets a gift for everyone..so at our next game I am going to bring up the idea of drawing names..the other team I have no idea on that one.So I am really checking out what comes on hear.Great idea by the way.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #39
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i got a cool stylus pen for my ipad for $1.00 today!

Makes a nice gifty
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #40
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

For anyone in your family, if you have some family recipes, especially old ones, it is nice to make recipe cards, or an electronic cookbook. Make sure to put the name of the person whose recipe it was on the cards, and maybe give the year of the recipe, and anything else with meaning for the family. ("Aunt Lottie brought this fried chicken to the family reunion at Lake Birdsong every year.")

When anyone asks me what I would like as a gift, I have a very difficult time answering that question. It's awkward and puts me on the spot. If I say, "Oh, you don't have to get me anything!" it can make them uncomfortable. So I've started asking them to find an old recipe that they liked as a child, something their mom or grandma may have made. (I often cook for my friends.) It requires a little effort on their part, but it's not onerous, and it doesn't cost anything!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: