Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 08-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, I'm NOT too old to think back on those days Anya/Georgia and Tapu were talking about!! I was stationed at Camp Pendleton from '79 to '81 and I remember staying out all night (on the weekends) and partying at those places like (San Diego) The Apartment, The Club (Laurel/Kettner), Diablo's (El Cajon Blvd), The Brass Rail, etc. In LA, it was Peanuts and in Long Beach, Que Sera. Oh, and there was this wonderful little bar in Palm Springs called "Aunt Hatties". We used to drunk line dance there, which is something I am waaaaay too old to do now.

Oh, and I'm too old and crippled to disco dance anymore, and I used to do that much better after a couple of shots of JD, chased with a few beers. I'm too old to drink like that anymore, too. In fact, I take too many meds to drink at all, these days.

...and I'm waaaaaaaayyyy (and crippled) to run a Marine Corps physical fitness test now. I used to run those hung over. Ugh.

Those were the days!!!

But.....I ain't too damned old to remember...and still enjoy this, which I had on 8-track and used to listen to in my '78 Camaro:

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!!

~Theo~
Old 08-17-2011, 09:16 AM   #22
JoSchmooze

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, hym, mister or "sir", like I get called by strangers!

Thanked 10,989 Times in 1,627 Posts
JoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST ReputationJoSchmooze Has the BEST Reputation
Default Just yesterday...

I was at the grocery and stopped tpo have bread sliced. The oly one in the bakery was Sue. who does the cake decorations....She had 6 cakes lined up for the day. She told me that Saturday was a killer - she had 15 to do before 3 pm!

We talked for a few minutes about all our ailments, surgeries and tried to refer each other to the best ortho, best neuro, best back doc.

I am too old to play softball any longer, as I played the catcher position. No way can I squat for 2-3 hours and expect to stand for longer than 20 minutes!

But I can still find my way around a dance floor for a few 2 steps and sing karaoke until the cows come home! And "jello legs" are appropriate, but few and far between....*wink*

JoSchmooze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoSchmooze For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I dont know if I am too old for, or just too banged up for, things. I cant garden like I use to. But thats ok. I dont eat like I use to, so smaller gardens are good.

I cant eat like I use to. Not just smaller amounts but I also cant eat spicy things, heavy meats or sauces, milk products and items known to create high cholestral.

I cant love like I use to. I am way too guarded and damaged.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #24
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #25
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I just wonder.... Could theOddz, Anya, and I have ever met up? I hit those bars in every town you named.

Think back:

I tended bar at the Flame for about a year and a half.
I tended bar at the Dinah Shore open, can't remember what year.
I worked door guard at the Boom-Boom Room, wearing a vintage leather jacket. (Laguna Beach, mostly men's bar. Had full aquariums under the bar so that when you leaned your elbows on it, you were staring down at tropical fish! Hard to forget that....)

Does any of this ring a bell? Probably not, but it would be cool if so.

Hey, I wonder if AARP ever holds any parties there....
Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #26
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Strep throat.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #27
Daktari

...My Bart Simpson Born to be Bad shorts
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #28
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

some days, risk.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Nothing really... If I said that too often there wouldn't be anything for me to do!

I can only live once, well unless I come back as something else. Lord only knows what that would be.. lol
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #30
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Moving. As in, loading heavy things on a truck, unloading them, then carrying them up stairs. Never again.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #31
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

can't drink like I use to. Not even close.
can't eat spicy food like I use to without paying for it
can't deal with heat

won't and don't put up with nonsense or head games like I use to. Way too old for that
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #32
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I've been everywhere you talked about in San Diego Theo lol

Those are the places I came out at.......wow Memories.

I'm not too old for anything.......In fact these days I feel up to just about anything.

I work with someone who wants to go sky diving.....and I'm like ok why not jump out of a perfectly good airplane lol I know I would be screaming all the way down.

But hey it just might be my Christmas gift to myself - hehehehe

Remember you're only as old as ya feel - and I feel fine......

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #33
Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Drama
Going out drinking too much. The dancing part I could still do as long as it's house music or a great band.
The music on the radio.
Holding on to petty stuff.
Wasting my time with bs. I guess that goes with drama.

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #34
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
I just wonder.... Could theOddz, Anya, and I have ever met up? I hit those bars in every town you named.

Think back:

I tended bar at the Flame for about a year and a half.
I tended bar at the Dinah Shore open, can't remember what year.
I worked door guard at the Boom-Boom Room, wearing a vintage leather jacket. (Laguna Beach, mostly men's bar. Had full aquariums under the bar so that when you leaned your elbows on it, you were staring down at tropical fish! Hard to forget that....)

Does any of this ring a bell? Probably not, but it would be cool if so.

Hey, I wonder if AARP ever holds any parties there....
I was thinking about this earlier today, Theoddz posted about driving up from Pendleton 79-81 to go to Peanuts. We could have been dancing side by side and never knew it!

I was the femme wearing my hair in a big afro-type 'do (I thought it would be a good idea to get a perm though my hair is naturally curly) dancing with the Greek beauty with hair down to her waist!

Tapu, looking at your avatar I couldn't recall If I had seen you though I did go to the Boom Boom Room several times.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #35
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Spending ALL day walking and working in heels over 2 inches.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #36
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Bullshit
Drama
Excuses

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 11:18 PM   #37
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Games, and people who play them.
Drama
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #38
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

Roller Coaster games and the people that play them aka Drama MaMa's

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #39
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

To still be up this late during the work week.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 01:19 AM   #40
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

wasting time.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post: