Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 04:13 AM   #1461
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Being really bad!!!!

IDK what is wrong but I think a trip to the vet is in order, she has pooped in 3 rooms today and was outside for quite awhile. And she has been eating toilet paper. Like off the roll. So all doors need to be shut.
There`s a certain irony in pooping where she shouldn't and eating toilet paper isnt there but its no fun for the clean up team. Hope it all resolves soon.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 04:23 AM   #1462
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Oh, I would have blown a gasket but I've been through Hell with vets. I had a cat, Oliver, who had a seizure in the office. I didn't want him treated with Phenobarbital because of the side effects and they did it anyway. Oliver wandered around the house like he was drunk for TWO DAYS and fell off the bed. He was 8 years old and could have seriously hurt himself or broke something. That was just from one injection. I will NEVER go to that company (Banfield) again.

I would go back to your usual vet. The easy way to see if it's conjunctivitis is if the redness is all around the eye while a tear duct blockage can create a rust colored spot underneath the eye if it's left long enough. The drops aren't for the blockage. That wouldn't make sense. So it has to be for an infection and you said it seems like the puffiness is diminishing some, so that's good! Infections take a while to clear up.

I was initially surprised that they didn't try to flush the blockage out, but with the infection, you have to resolve that before you can touch the blockage.

It actually sounds like your boy is on the road to recovery. I would still make sure to book your usual vet if you are still concerned but, from what you're saying, it sounds like you're on the upswing. Good luck!
Yep, 6 oclock tonight he is going back to the regular vet. One hour its looks better then the next hour its worse. His second eyelid is showing and red and puffy I noticed when I gave him the drops. Its still looking very weepy despite bathing. We will see what they say this evening.

Poor Oliver, that was one vicious shot.

Thread compliance: My poorly boy is snoring in a patch of sunshine in his window seat and being watched over by Ms Cupcake {allowing a 5 year old to name a cat is such a lottery dont ya think !}

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2018, 06:02 AM   #1463
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Definitely keep us apprised of the situation! We're emotionally invested now.

Gracie is looking out the window and laying/leaning in the most precious and yet, precarious position. Her eyes are closing...closing....closing....closed. Loki is watching TV from the back of the sofa.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 06:23 AM   #1464
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Today is a beautifully sunny day here so both my two kitties are out in the garden enjoying the warmth of the sun. If this weather lasts I will hardly see my girl kitty indoors because she is a sun worshipper, boy kitty is usually happier indoors but I feel hes hoping to avoid his meds by being AWOL dozing under the bench. And on that note I will give an update...

After 3 days having Isathal drops and not much improvement I took him back to my regular branch of the vet chain I use. They wanted to know who had prescribed the drops at just the same time as the trainee from the other branch entered the consultation room {she obviously moves from branch to branch} I got brave and gently said I didnt feel I had the other vets full attention which ensured I got full attention this visit, trainee took the hint, stood back and kept quiet. It was agreed it was a blocked tear duct as well as conjunctivitis. I asked about flushing the duct as Gemme mentioned and it is a possibility but more investigation would be needed before that would happen {lets string it out to get more money out of you the cynic in me thought} if the new drops dont work. He now has Maxitrol drops which I am assured will almost certainly do the trick. She didnt charge me for the consultation fee just the new meds which I was grateful for. So will we see how hes doing after the weekend. If you read to the end then thanks for your interest !!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #1465
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good for you, Daisy! And your boy. Hopefully, the new meds will work splendidly.

Gracie is batting around the puff ball that came off of their cat tower and Loki is in his carrier.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:09 AM   #1466
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Submissive peed on my shirt a few drops when I picked her up. Seven months and she has never peed on us... This is her second time in two weeks.
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 05:03 AM   #1467
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

They are having a ball playing with the stuffing from a toy. I want to take it away from them but I can't bring myself to do it. Gracie chews on everything and Loki will eat anything but they seem to get it with this stuff and aren't trying to eat it; just rip roaring around the house with it.

Two toys for the price of one!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #1468
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_arrow View Post
Submissive peed on my shirt a few drops when I picked her up. Seven months and she has never peed on us... This is her second time in two weeks.
Is this a dog? Has she been drinking more water recently, because it is getting warmer out? If it keeps happening, maybe she has a UTI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
They are having a ball playing with the stuffing from a toy. I want to take it away from them but I can't bring myself to do it. Gracie chews on everything and Loki will eat anything but they seem to get it with this stuff and aren't trying to eat it; just rip roaring around the house with it.

Two toys for the price of one!
Mr. Potato tears out the stuffing and squeaker immediately upon receiving a stuffed toy. His "toy box" is just a bunch of animal skins that he happily chews on periodically, some half destoyed ropes, and some hard bones. It's quite sad.

I have all the "good stuff" in a cabinet that I dole out slowly. He tears up every single toy, including balls, rope toys, etc., very quickly. "Indestructible" is meaningless to him. But, it is what he likes to do, so that's ok.

ETA: I try to get to the squeaker before he chews it completely apart. I remove the tube from the bulb, so I can put the tube to my lips and blow a squeak. I have a bunch of them strategically placed around the house...in drawers and such. Periodically, I pull one out and blow on it when he isn't looking. I toss it back into the drawer and look like I am minding my own business while he is freaking the hell out wondering where it came from. I love fucking with the guy. hahaha

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 11:50 AM   #1469
Signmypapyrus

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Signmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST ReputationSignmypapyrus Has the BEST Reputation

My cat woke me up at 6:30 by smacking me in the face because she wanted to be fed.

I really shouldn't complain because it could have been 3:00.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #1470
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,103 Times in 5,113 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Tiny Dog refused to eat dinner because she KNEW we brought home pork ribs. No matter how much I told her she wasn't getting any, she remained completely uninterested in her kibble and patiently waited, looking at me like, "Now? Now? Can I have some now? Maybe now?"

I must have a giant S (for sucker) on my forehead, because I did eventually give her some tidbits.

Diva Kitty is peeved at me because I put a basket of laundry on the bed where she usually sleeps. She has decided to sleep downstairs on a kitchen chair instead.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2018, 08:01 PM   #1471
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Mine is not impressed by the new puppy in the house. So i bought her antlers to occupy her for awhile.

Said puppy pooped on the tile floor, then ran away from my dad. But mostly she sleeps as she is 12 weeks aka 3 months old.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 10:19 AM   #1472
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

At least it's only tile, JDeere. It could have been carpet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus View Post
My cat woke me up at 6:30 by smacking me in the face because she wanted to be fed.

This is why I close the door at night.

Currently, Gracie is napping in her actual kitty bed and Loki is on the sofa, taking a bath. I can't tell you the number of times that I have gone to sit down and there's a wet spot because he can't control his tongue. Or maybe he's too lazy to bring that appendage closer to his face. Whichever it is, I no likely.

This morning, I had to shoo them out of the bathroom because they were playing together in the curtain and someone...probably Gracie...snagged it so I had to pull and tug and work that snag out.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-22-2018, 10:24 AM   #1473
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signmypapyrus View Post

I had a date once who did this....but that's a different story for another time.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #1474
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Mine is trying to avoid the new puppy lol

Said puppy is asleep.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 06:32 AM   #1475
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

We have been slowly introducing the new chicks to the pups. The cat has no interest in them. Maybe she's pretending?

Jacques absolutely ADORES them. He sits on the bed and watches their every movement. He gives them kisses when I take them out. He's just so sweet.

Bitsy is visiting from my mom's house and I'm pretty sure she wants to eat them. I held her over their cage (hate that word) and she just shivers and shakes and if I pick one up she licks her lips a LOT lol No tweets for you!

Yoda is ambivalent. He's just my zen doggie dog.

The chickies are SO adorable! I feel like a mom again. Every little noise I wake up (yes, they're in our bedroom) I keep counting them (we have six!) and making sure they're all eating and drinking. I'm also questioning my ability to eat chicken after this. I always based eating chicken on the premise that they are not that intelligent. My chickies leave me feeling my theory is incorrect. I couldn't imagine eating them
Old 04-23-2018, 07:36 AM   #1476
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
We have been slowly introducing the new chicks to the pups. The cat has no interest in them. Maybe she's pretending?

Jacques absolutely ADORES them. He sits on the bed and watches their every movement. He gives them kisses when I take them out. He's just so sweet.

Bitsy is visiting from my mom's house and I'm pretty sure she wants to eat them. I held her over their cage (hate that word) and she just shivers and shakes and if I pick one up she licks her lips a LOT lol No tweets for you!

Yoda is ambivalent. He's just my zen doggie dog.

The chickies are SO adorable! I feel like a mom again. Every little noise I wake up (yes, they're in our bedroom) I keep counting them (we have six!) and making sure they're all eating and drinking. I'm also questioning my ability to eat chicken after this. I always based eating chicken on the premise that they are not that intelligent. My chickies leave me feeling my theory is incorrect. I couldn't imagine eating them
They sound adorable ! I too have had a problem eating chicken lately, I have watched too many rescue videos and on finding out how much personality hens have and that they purr.....after a fashion, well they are no longer dumb animals to me.

My two are both snoring gently. Big boy is going to a different vets tomorrow, my old original vets all across town, he is no worse but no better.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 09:00 AM   #1477
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Every time we go into the bathroom-because they must come in with me to check things out-they are on ant patrol. I must get the pest guy in here soon.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #1478
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Lets see...

Puppy barfed on me lol

My dog pretty much ignores said puppy

They both slept alot
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #1479
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm pretty sure Loki was jealous of Gracie on my lap while we watched American Idol. He jumped up next to us and stretched out reeeeally far to make sure his paw was on me too.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #1480
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,103 Times in 5,113 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Diva Kitty has been foiled! She used to like to jump on top of the ironing board, so I always had to keep it in a room with a shut door or put it away. If I didn't, she would jump on it, it would wobble, and she would leap away making it crash over.

Well, now I have the granddaddy of all ironing boards, the Rowenta compact pro, and this thing is sturdy! So though miss Diva Kitty may find her way on top of it - which I'm sure she will - it will not wobble. And if she leaps away, I'm fairly certain it will not topple over.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets