Old 01-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #601
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Vera

Just watched 1st episode of Vera (3 more episodes to come for this 9th season). Oh how I enjoy Brenda Blethyn! Always true to itself, Vera solves yet another murder/mystery, in the grand tradition of Brit mysteries, like Morse did. If only life could imitate art (chuckle)...
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #602
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Just watched 1st episode of Vera (3 more episodes to come for this 9th season). Oh how I enjoy Brenda Blethyn! Always true to itself, Vera solves yet another murder/mystery, in the grand tradition of Brit mysteries, like Morse did. If only life could imitate art (chuckle)...
She's one of my favorite actresses and I just love watching her. She's so good and such a smart actress. I think the first time I saw her was in Secret and Lies and I've been hooked ever since. Haven't seen Vera, but will check it out if it comes to Amazon Priime.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #603
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I've been watching "Call the Midwife". How I did not find this earlier, I do not know. I love it!

I recently watched some of the straightening show on Netflix, Mrs. Maisel and a bunch of things on Acorn. My very fav is Agatha Raisin!!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #604
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't had a TV for decades, but I have a laptop and a few months ago a friend sent me her Netflix passwords because she was so determined that I MUST watch Hanna Gadsby. Which I did. WOW! She was brilliant. And despite being a pathetic technophobe I figured out how to work it by myself.

After New Years my chosen sister came to town to help me work on my house. At the end of a long day she suggested that we break out the laptop and watch something on Netflix to wind down. I've never done that before, and I still have that password. We watched a documentary called 'Feminism: What Were We Thinking?' It certainly exceeded its dubious title. It followed up with modern interviews with a number of women who had been portrait subjects of one female photographer active in NYC during the heady 1970's feminist movement. Mostly they were artists, performers and other creative women who were the photographer's friends at the time. Many were lesbians, but only a few spoke about that during the documentary. It was quite good.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:18 PM   #605
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Poldark on Amazon and/or Masterpiece. It's kinda slow but there must be something to it because I'm on S2 now!
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 09:33 AM   #606
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool some sci-fi series, Star Trek: Discovery - Roswell, New Mexico & Project Blue Book

Actually, I watch most of the things I have posted on cable, as I pay for many stations, but I try and note where you can stream them if you like:

On Space (available through CBS All Access), I recently saw the 1st episode of the new season of "Star Trek: Discovery" - what fun, and the young Spock makes an appearance. I rather like this series, and am enjoying it. I have seen almost every episode of every Star Trek series, as well as all of the films coming out of this media franchise. I guess you could call me a closet-trekkie... although, I would never go to one of their fan meet-ups (chuckle)... I am looking forward to the 2nd episode of season 2 -

I also saw the first episode of "Roswell, New Mexico" on one of my stations (it's available through The CW). To me, it was awful, poor script, cliches galore, & the most ridiculous unbelievable and mixed-up plot-line; they even mixed in the idea of illegal outer-space aliens with illegal migrant "aliens" - I think, it was difficult following the complicated plot-line, even a nod to Trump's shutdown.

And I saw the first 2 episodes of "Project Blue Book" on one of my History channels (I have 3 of 'em). I liked it, even though I am not a conspiracy buff. There is enough real-life conspiracy going on in real-time to refrain from expending any energy on any of those UFO ideas. So, just watching it for fun. I have never seen a UFO, and I think that if aliens have been visiting us... well, I'm sure they wouldn't get too close, considering what humans are like. Actually, I don't believe in aliens per se - (I have encountered in the woods - many years ago - an interesting non-solid entity which had its own awareness; it did scare all the wildlife, who wisely hid - and so, I took a "hint" from their behaviour and, for my part, I ran.) Insofar as the show goes, it seems to have fairly good writers and decent acting. Good lord, they even threw in a few Russian spies!!! - smh & chuckles.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #607
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
I've been watching "Call the Midwife". How I did not find this earlier, I do not know. I love it!

I recently watched some of the straightening show on Netflix, Mrs. Maisel and a bunch of things on Acorn. My very fav is Agatha Raisin!!
If you have Acorn, may I suggest A Place To Call Home? It ran for 6 seasons and I must admit I don't think any season or episode was a dud!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2019, 06:22 PM   #608
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Netflix movie...

Carol

I shall watch a second time without a doubt!

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 08:41 AM   #609
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

The Bird Box with Sandra Bullock. Delightfully intense and stressful. And then I just like looking at Sandra....
Old 03-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #610
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished watching Russian Doll on Netflix. I thought it was very well made, and Natasha Lyonne (OITNB) is really good as the protagonist. It's a character-keeps-waking-up-at-the-same-point-in-time-and-living-the-same-day-over-and-over type story which we have seen in Groundhog Day. Natasha plays a pleasingly strong woman with strong women friends. The dialogue is darkly funny. It's worth a binge - it's only 8 episodes, and not one second is superfluous.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #611
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

White Dragon on Amazon Prime.......

Jonah Mulray is a professor whose world comes crashing down when his wife is killed in a car crash in Hong Kong. Though his wife lived and worked there for six months, Jonah's fear of flying has stopped him from ever visiting. Now he must venture across the world to identify her body. However, once he arrives he finds out a shocking truth and is drawn deeper in a web of conspiracy in a foreign and unfamiliar place.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2019, 03:43 AM   #612
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix. What a wild documentary.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2019, 10:13 PM   #613
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Netflix-

Hannah Gadsby: Nannette

Current, Valid and Retrospective in so many ways.

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #614
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished binging "The Marvelous Mrs. Masiel". I liked it...cannot wait for more seasons
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 06:59 PM   #615
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I have Netflix queded up for Christopher Robin

Watching The Super right now!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2019, 09:16 PM   #616
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

All Access CBS

The Good Fight

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2019, 07:35 AM   #617
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Recently announced.........

Erik Larson’s non-fiction novel The Devil in the White City has had a long road to the screen. Way back in 2010, it looked like Leonardo DiCaprio would star in a film adaptation of the book, which follows the construction of the World’s Fair in Chicago as well as the serial killer H.H. Holmes. According to Variety now it looks like The Devil in the White City will finally be adapted as a TV series with DiCaprio set to executive produce alongside Martin Scorsese.
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2019, 05:11 PM   #618
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Rewatching the entire Game o' Thrones in anticipation of the final season.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:15 PM   #619
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
I have Netflix queded up for Christopher Robin

Watching The Super right now!
I loved Christopher Robin!

Right now I'm watching a lot of Criminal Minds on Netflix. I watched the first season of Shrill on Hulu and LOVED it and highly recommend it for fat folks and fat positive folks.

I've also got my usual going: The Voice, The Resident, New Amsterdam, Chicago Med and Fire, This Is Us, etc. I also just started watching The Village.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #620
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool The Name of the Rose

I have just begun watching the new RA1 (Italian production) TV series adaptation of Umberto Eco's "The Name of the Rose" (Il nome della rosa) (2019); I'm on episode 1 (looks good)...

I still remember the classic Sean Connery version from way back in 1986, which I so thoroughly enjoyed that I went and read Eco's book, as well as his "Foucault's Pendulum"...

I hope all 8 episodes are good
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: