Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-28-2018, 06:49 PM   #101
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
My next challenge is mushrooms.. a skill i'll need for an extended stay in the woods.

Good luck on the mushroom hunt!

Just make sure while you're attempting to find mushrooms to eat that something BIGGER doesn't come along and tries to eat you......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:06 AM   #102
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Good luck on the mushroom hunt!

Just make sure while you're attempting to find mushrooms to eat that something BIGGER doesn't come along and tries to eat you......
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #103
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Not too worried about bears where i live, but copperheads...still working on it...mushroom season is almost over..not much out there but it will still be interesting.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:40 PM   #104
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

You MUST really want mushrooms bad to face running into something like this!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #105
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

You MUST really want mushrooms bad to face running into something like this!
ha can't imagine a worse nightmare!
Old 10-30-2018, 09:37 AM   #106
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Who even knew there was such a thing.......
Old 10-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #107
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thumbs up

Quote:

Who even knew there was such a thing.......
omg homoe, you are just full of surprises i will have to check out the kit but the knife-a Mora Carbon is a nice knife..it's great in camp & out..i love it..it's a great first knife..you did good
Old 10-31-2018, 11:53 AM   #108
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
ha can't imagine a worse nightmare!

Oh yeah? What about this..

How'd like to see those eyes focused on ya..........I'd rather the copperhead myself but that's just me!
Old 10-31-2018, 02:23 PM   #109
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Unhappy

Quote:

Oh yeah? What about this..

How'd like to see those eyes focused on ya..........I'd rather the copperhead myself but that's just me!
exactly why i don't camp alone anymore np w/bears, big problems w/2 legged kind..i'm afraid there isn't a gun big enough to make me feel safe, you have to sleep sometime. i thought of trip wires but they aren't reliable if someone is looking for them..no easy answers
Old 11-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #110
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

So may one assume when it comes to bushcraft wear, function trumps fashion?
Old 11-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #111
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thumbs up

Quote:
So may one assume when it comes to bushcraft wear, function trumps fashion?
the only thing!
Old 11-01-2018, 05:35 PM   #112
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Now this intrigues me given my fondness for eating right out of the carton with plastic utensils and tossing everything into the nearest trash can!

Are these made from heavy branches/twigs? Inquiring minds are dying to know....
Old 11-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #113
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Quote:

Now this intrigues me given my fondness for eating right out of the carton with plastic utensils and tossing everything into the nearest trash can!

Are these made from heavy branches/twigs? Inquiring minds are dying to know....
willows or wild grape vine i'm guessing..or very young poplar..perhaps vine maple(in your neck of the woods)
Old 11-02-2018, 08:22 AM   #114
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Arrow

Quote:
willows or wild grape vine i'm guessing..or very young poplar..perhaps vine maple(in your neck of the woods)
also..fyi, on second thoughts..you should strip the bark off of any tree or tree branch you will be using for a makeshift grill etc (before you begin making) as bark will(often)give a bitter or unpleasant flavor to anything you are grilling. Also do remember to soak your wood a good 30mins to 1hr. so that you don't burn away your grill before your food is cooked.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #115
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
also..fyi, on second thoughts..you should strip the bark off of any tree or tree branch you will be using for a makeshift grill etc (before you begin making) as bark will(often)give a bitter or unpleasant flavor to anything you are grilling. Also do remember to soak your wood a good 30mins to 1hr. so that you don't burn away your grill before your food is cooked.
Oh, so the concept is similar to Skewer Sticks always soak before using..
Old 11-02-2018, 11:31 AM   #116
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Any helpful tips concerning this would be GREATLY appreciated.........one wrong decision could mean curtains for homoe...
Old 11-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #117
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thumbs up

Quote:

Any helpful tips concerning this would be GREATLY appreciated.........one wrong decision could mean curtains for homoe...
1st rule-even if you are certain you KNOW a mushroom. Never eat the whole thing. Eat a small bit of it and wait an hour. If nothing goes wrong, it might be ok. Get a good guidebook>>, join a wild mushroom club..i'll post some other things i'm learning as i go along
Old 11-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #118
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thank you kittygrrl that sounds like excellent advice and I shall follow it to the letter................
Old 11-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #119
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Learn to Keep Your Cool in Stressful Situations....

Sometimes it’s not enough to master every bushcraft skill if your mental state isn’t suited for the outdoors.

I'm thinking this just may apply to me.........
Old 11-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #120
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sometimes it’s not enough to master every bushcraft skill if your mental state isn’t suited for the outdoors.

I'm thinking this just may apply to me.........
not every skill, but surely mushroom hunting would be fun?..besides it could come in handly