Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Building Community On Butchfemmeplanet.com

Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #221
Electrocell

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he/hy

Thanked 2,769 Times in 983 Posts
Electrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST ReputationElectrocell Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
I do not think the NM would be Daywalker friendly.

Mountains in the California, very DW Friendly.

Sure you could just would have to grow them underground lol.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #222
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Sounds great. But not in the U.S. for me. I'll be staying right here 'til the end
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #223
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Compound

Looks at Duchess I have a compound right outside of Atlanta maybe you can practice here (lol) Come show me your skills (sew,clean,lingerie parties and martinis) and whatever else you wanna throw in. (lol)
StrongButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #224
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Reading this thread prompted me to think about the reality of a large group of people of different ages living together. I first posted in this thread, October 2011 and must admit my thoughts are a little different, a year later (and a year older).

On the face of it, it is a wonderful idea and hopefully, not just a pipe dream.

We are a diverse group of people, of not only identities but culture, backgrounds, education, employment and physical abilities (not to mention personalities!)

Currently, we do have a lot of Planet folks with physical disabilities (and perhaps also emotional). To make a dream of communal living a reality, all of these issues would need to be considered.

Boomers never think we will age. I didn't. In my mind, I would always be 25. Somehow, that did not happen! I like what one of the articles below called it: the Peter Pan Syndrome!

Would we have levels of care to try to keep aging LGBTQ folks living independently as long as possible?

Would we ensure that all environments would accommodate those that use canes/wheelchairs and other adaptive devices?

We will continue to age, whether we want to or not or regardless if we like it or not!

Darn it!

Some facts on costs, which may be even higher than when the Healthsense white paper was written:

30 million seniors living independently in their homes: Cost effective

11,000 attending or receiving
Adult Day/Home Health Care: 20K per year

21,000 in Independent Living Facilities Facilities: 20K to 30K per year

2,240 in Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC’s)
$32K/year

33,000 in Assisted Living facilities
30K per year

17,000 in Skilled Nursing/Memory Care Facilities
$74K/year

1. Seniors’ Desire: Live as independently as possible for as long as possible
2. Cost effective alternatives to expensive SNF’s

"According to a new survey from the Hartford and the MIT AgeLab, half of boomers plan to stay in their current home as they age; however most have not made a plan to make their home more usable as physical abilities change.

The Hartford survey revealed that as far as adults ages 46-65, are concerned, 77% have talked to their spouse or partner about future housing needs but only 29% have made a plan, and 96% of those surveyed were aware of changes they could make to their current home to make it more livable as they age, but only 26% have made such changes.

That suggests too many of us are living in what some experts have dubbed Peter Pan housing - homes designed for people who will never get old.

I’m the first to admit that baby boomers actually don’t think we will get old."

http://www.healthsense.com/phocadown...ate/hs_aip.pdf

http://www.purdue.edu/retirees/docs/SeniorLiving.pdf

http://www.retiredbrains.com/Home/Se...e/default.aspx

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #225
Duchess

How Do You Identify?:
Absolute Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Toe curling :-)

2 Highscores

Thanked 5,591 Times in 1,521 Posts
Duchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST ReputationDuchess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongButch View Post
Looks at Duchess I have a compound right outside of Atlanta maybe you can practice here (lol) Come show me your skills (sew,clean,lingerie parties and martinis) and whatever else you wanna throw in. (lol)
Ummm, ok!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #226
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajama View Post
I think this would be awesome. I used to visit friends that had a communal farm south of Memphis years ago. I loved the energy.

I agree with what many have said about boundaries, private space, setting up leadership.

What I can contribute to the community: I'm a mechanic. I can do plumbing. I can prepare all our taxes. I cook and bake. I can do healing work and massage and Reiki. I can paint and do framing/building with guidance.

I do not like to do yard work or gardening, so that would have to be someone else's gig.

So when are we moving?
pajama could i be your co-therapist? reflexology and reiki with a side of hypnotherapy all around.

i like the gardening as long as a lawn tractor is involved!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #227
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syr View Post
Sounds great. But not in the U.S. for me. I'll be staying right here 'til the end
Maybe everyone could come live HERE Syr!!! i bet you love that idea...

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #228
Syr

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Syr

Thanked 1,130 Times in 217 Posts
Syr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST ReputationSyr Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post

Ummmmm...... Sure....would take a lil planning I think.
Syr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Syr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #229
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:

when I sell the farm and semi-retire to write my book I'd like to come park my RV summers up by you guys but once that cold starts up I'm history! lol

Just make sure all the people that want to come also know they have to work at stewarding the land. Few people know whats really involved in taking care of rural property especially as you move closer towards sustainability. As you know its a day to day that has to be done no matter how sick or tired you are.
Sachita is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #230
DanieClarke
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
14 yrs post op
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you
Relationship Status:
single

DanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST ReputationDanieClarke Has the BEST Reputation
Default Don't sell the farm LOL

Hey i use to live in a RV and it was hell. I am glad to have finally purchased my own little farm.

Anyway i have a small 6 acre farm surrounded by mostly large amish and mennonite farms in central Pa along the appalchia Mountains.

I am seeking someone who is rough and ready and able to live rustically.

That means i have chamber pots and outhouses and barns and no indoor plumbing except for a hand pump in the basement which pumps springwater yr round.

I think an older FTM might really enjoy sharing this place with me.. Oh yea i am in my late 50's and caregiving my 89 yr old mom here. They too should be older and respectful of the local amish and mennonites.

I happen to be a celibate and single for the last 14 yrs so i am hoping to find the same.

Oh i can't deal with a couple as that dynamic is too much for me and mom.

Right now we sleep in the livingroom as mom can't make it up the steps and the wood heater in the livingroom needs to be filled every few hours all winter long.

Oh i am a 14 yr post op MTF living mostly androgynously as most who don't know me think i am a FTM which suits me fine..

PS: No smokers or drugs or lazy people

Last edited by nycfem; 10-08-2012 at 07:53 AM.
DanieClarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #231
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post

Quote:
Oooooh! I can do stuff. I can help! I'm a pretty good cleaner and generic, follow a recipe kind of cook. I can braid hair and fur and manes for that pretty, out of the face (or butt) kind of look. I don't mind a little muck but not every day.

Ummmm....chickens! I can feed the chickens 'n stuff. Okay, fine. The rest of the animals too. But especially the chickies. It strengthens my rock skipping wrist.

No slaughtering though. My gramps had a small working farm when I was a munchkin and I saw them slaughter some of the animals and I just never looked at him the same way after that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #232
Angeltoes

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Nunya

Thanked 5,525 Times in 1,386 Posts
Angeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST ReputationAngeltoes Has the BEST Reputation

What about my 2 little boys, though? They can pull weeds or pick blueberries. lol. They're pretty well behaved. I don't know what I can do on a compound because my skills are mostly office based. I did have a fabulous garden this year but I'm no expert. I think Gemme and I are pretty much in the same skill set. I'm willing to learn though. I can give manicures. Hello, femmes...you need manicures.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #233
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeltoes View Post
What about my 2 little boys, though? They can pull weeds or pick blueberries. lol. They're pretty well behaved. I don't know what I can do on a compound because my skills are mostly office based. I did have a fabulous garden this year but I'm no expert. I think Gemme and I are pretty much in the same skill set. I'm willing to learn though. I can give manicures. Hello, femme...you need manicures.
Well, they need people on the phone to order goodies, no? We can maintain the office. That's where a lot of my strengths lie as well. How about that?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: