Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #1201
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Giants up 2-0

Teriffic pitchers duel last night. Bamgarner was cruising along. And the Giant bats came thru for him. So did their gloves. Lots of nice plays.

Fister was pitching well too....even after taking that line drive off the side of his head. Not sure why Leyland took him out. Not sure why he stuck with Smyly either. He was not pitching well, hence the reasons for the 2 runs.

Tigers looked a bit more animated and their bats a bit more lively. Maybe some home cooking will generate the spark they need.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #1202
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

I'm right across the river from Detroit. They've been our team! I'm sad. I want this for Detroit! It's been since 84! (not sure how long for SF)
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #1203
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
This Dodger die hard fan says "Go Tigers!" Besides be at odds with the SF Giants for a lifetime because of my allegience to my home team the Dodgers; The Detroit Tigers deserve the World Series. If they don't win it this year, I am happy they made it this far.
Once again, I agree with you Greyson!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #1204
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon View Post
I'm right across the river from Detroit. They've been our team! I'm sad. I want this for Detroit! It's been since 84! (not sure how long for SF)

Giants won 2 years ago.

I just would like to see a well fought series that when it ends, I can say .....wow both teams gave it their all, fought tooth and nail, showed they were both championship caliber, and its a shame anyone had to lose.

Tigers have a shitload of talent that has yet to show up in this series. I hope it is not because of the long layoff. They have had a great season and a wonderful post season. They can do it. They need to believe in themselves. And, they need to look like they are having fun out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #1205
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Giants up 3-0

Ok home cooking did not help the Tigers bats or attitude. They look like they are just going thru the motions. It is sad to watch because they are such a good and powerful team.

Giants can wrap up another championship tonight. I would love if Matt Cain could close it out with a big win. He has to be one of the most underrated pitchers in MLB the past couple of years.

Scherzer can be a worthy opponent but not if the bats stay silent.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2012, 09:50 AM   #1206
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I am hoping something clicks for the Tigers tonight. That the lighbulb goes off in their heads and hearts and they play World Series caliber.

Either way, I am glad Detroit made it this far. IMO, baseball has much history that shows best of us and the not so best of us. Play ball!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #1207
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation
Default warning, ... mac has a wrote a novel.

what does mac think about this? i know that's what you all want to know lol. haha lol.

if the lay off is part of the reason the tigers are not in the groove, then that needs to be changed, ... the tigers are being punished for sweeping the yankees. i know they're not. they get the opportunity to rest their bodies, etc.

and after saying all of this, ... i'll say that i do think the lay off is the reason the tigers are not in a groove and the giants are. but also there's luck. the tigers don't seem to be getting the breaks and the giants are. most often that comes down to who is working harder. when you are, then luck comes your way. and now, why i really think the giants are winning, ... they want it! and they are seeing the ball as if it is a watermelon.

cain and zito pretty much pitched the same all year. a few bumps in the road. vogelsong did good the first half and then toward the end of the year, ... he just hit bottom, ... then evened back out. lincecum did awful all year. the coach thought about taking him out of the rotation. but now, when they need the pitching the most, ... all 4 are in a zone. they've caught on fire, ... together. how cool is that!

i was watching the mlb network the other day and a player said to be the only 2 teams left standing, ... and then to win the last game of the year, ... a major high. i love thinking about feeling that.

i just hope the tigers are still standing after tonight, and then so on. one pitch at a time. offense and defense. in the moment. and seeing watermelons.

Last edited by macele; 10-28-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason: because i can!
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 AM   #1208
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Default Congrats Giants!

Who would have thunk they could have been facing elimination and comeback to win 7 straight games. Determined lil buggers who believed in themselves all year. Good stuff.

At least the Tigers showed up for a bit last night. Still wonder what would have happened if they didnt have a weeks downtime.

When does spring training start?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #1209
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

that last at bat for the tigers, ... you could really tell their backs are against the wall and they couldn't zoom in, focus on hitting. not taking anything away from romo, ... he pitched great, ... no fear.

the giants celebrated. they really looked like they were having a great time, ... hard work paying off.

i hear you kobi, spring training lol.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #1210
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

CONGRATULATIONS GIANTS !!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 02:03 PM   #1211
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Go Dodgers!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #1212
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Thought it was worthwhile to reignite this thread, given that the baseball season has started again.

Unfortunately, whilst 1920s and 1930s Yankees history continues to consume much of my time, I've been totally out of the loop on current trends so, other than the injury to Derek Jeter, I'm not sure which of the teams are strong contenders this year?

I attend my first game of the season next Sunday - Toronto Blue Jays @ the Yankees. For some reason, I always love the atmosphere of a lazy Sunday afternoon baseball game, esp when played in glorious sunshine.

Go Yankees !
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #1213
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

As of a few days ago, the Yankees were atop their division despite injuries. The Blue Jays were supposed to be contenders, but so far have been dismal. The game might get out of hand early.

In the Central division, the Tigers and (surprisingly) my beloved Cle**land are in a shootout for first. The Rangers are out in front in the west, as predicted.

Over in the NL, the Braves, Nationals, Cardinals and Giants (again) are all on top or close to it, and all were thought to contend. But it's such a long season, and May doesn't often look like September.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #1214
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

These color photos of an obviously ill Babe Ruth appeared today on the Time website (the same company published Life magazine, where they appeared)

http://life.time.com/culture/babe-ru...=lf%7Cmoreon#1

He's wearing the "NY" logo, but in his career that logo wasn't used, so he never wore it as a player.

It's poignant to me how baggy his suit is in the 1947 pictures, and leaning on a bat for support in 1948.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #1215
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My SF Giants are a mess!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #1216
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
These color photos of an obviously ill Babe Ruth appeared today on the Time website (the same company published Life magazine, where they appeared)

http://life.time.com/culture/babe-ru...=lf%7Cmoreon#1

He's wearing the "NY" logo, but in his career that logo wasn't used, so he never wore it as a player.

It's poignant to me how baggy his suit is in the 1947 pictures, and leaning on a bat for support in 1948.
Below is an original photo of Ruth from 1948 that's in my private collection. This photo was purchased from the archives of the Baltimore News and shows Ruth in the days before his death. By now, Ruth was staying at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center where he would die. However, whilst there, he was able to visit his home town of Baltimore for one last time. This photo was taken during that visit. The photo was ultimately published by the Baltimore News on August 18 1948, two days after his death:

The allure of the Yankees isn't about the pin stripes of big business or the other brick-bats thrown at them. Rather, it's the personal stories and lives of legends who sometimes struggled with the expectations and stresses of playing for one of the world's greatest sporting institutions. For example, amongst more recent generations, think of Mickey Mantle, Billy Martin and their well-publicised struggles with alcoholism.

The greatest ever baseball team was, without doubt, the 1927 Yankees. No other baseball team has ever come close. However, it is particularly poignant how the lives of many of that side would end in tragedy. Manager Miller Huggins would die only two years later, still a young man. The three most famous and loved of that legendary Yankees' side met sad deaths:
  • Babe Ruth, ravaged by cancer, died at 53.
  • Lou Gehrig, struck down with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis whilst in the height of his playing career. He would die a cruel death, aged just 38.
  • Tony Lazzeri, the first great Yankee of Italian heritage well before Joe DiMaggio and the most popular of all the 1927 Yankees. He died of an epileptic fit, aged 42. His wife and son were away on holiday at the time so his body lay undiscovered at the bottom of the stairs of his house for a few days.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #1217
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Apologies for what is, again, a post that's related to baseball history rather than the present game. However, I think this one is of interest for a variety of reasons and well worth including here for BFP-ers who are baseball enthusiasts.

It's an article on Jackie Mitchell, a 17 year old female who struck out probably the two greatest baseball legends of all time, Lou Gehrig & Babe Ruth:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...Mitchell-1.jpg

Interestingly, to me, she looks fairly androgynous in the photos, including the one in which she is pictured applying make-up.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #1218
pkrpower

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
single....pkrpower@aol.com

pkrpower is on a distinguished road
Default Tigers

LETS GO DETROIT TIGERS
pkrpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #1219
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Apologies for what is, again, a post that's related to baseball history rather than the present game. However, I think this one is of interest for a variety of reasons and well worth including here for BFP-ers who are baseball enthusiasts.

It's an article on Jackie Mitchell, a 17 year old female who struck out probably the two greatest baseball legends of all time, Lou Gehrig & Babe Ruth:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/histor...Mitchell-1.jpg

Interestingly, to me, she looks fairly androgynous in the photos, including the one in which she is pictured applying make-up.
For what it's worth, here's the Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Mitchell

I didn't know there were female players before the "A League Of Their Own" time (1940's). She was offered a position, but refused.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #1220
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,249 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation
Default yu darvish pitched 15 strike outs today

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post: