Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #61
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Howl is very good. About Allen Ginsberg.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 PM   #62
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face Instant Play!!

The Fighter

The cast in this movie is phenomenal, I was highly impressed how well put together all the actors were, their acting was superb! I wanted to dislike Cristian Bale's character yet I could not do anything but cheer form him.

"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2011, 06:27 PM   #63
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

thank you. Its a great movie. I watched it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
The Fighter

The cast in this movie is phenomenal, I was highly impressed how well put together all the actors were, their acting was superb! I wanted to dislike Cristian Bale's character yet I could not do anything but cheer form him.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:25 PM   #64
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

on instant play

"Alabama Moon"

this is a family movie and really sweet. happy and some parts sad. just a great feel good movie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #65
Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Thanks Sachita -- I have that on my instant and I think I will watch now.
Just watched Radio with my son last night.... Truly a feel good and powerful movie.

LOVED IT!

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #66
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,816 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Eclectic Netflix

I have a strange (interesting?) mix on my list:

Toy Story3-for my GD
WWII in HD- everything about that war and time period fascinates me
Masterpiece Mystery- just about any of the BBC dramas interest me
Ghosted-a German lesbian movie
Night of the Living Dead-the classic George A. Romero, still scary in B&W
Nosferatu: The Gothic Industrial Mix (1922 classic)
Show Me Love-another foreign lesbian movie
Reaper-2007 CW series still cracks me up

Among others...

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #67
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

I am enjoying watching Deadly Dozen right now. Its a nature documentary on various countries most deadliest living creatures.
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #68
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

Hogsfather and The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
Sherlock which is just awesomeness
Old 08-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #69
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbittenpoet View Post
Yes. Yes! and a resounding YES. I watched this a month ago on my Netflix and absolutely love it. I love the guy that plays Sherlock and how they developed the Sherlock character. And also love the background they gave Holmes.

Do you know any more about the series? Like if it's still running, or other episodes?

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #70
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

Netflix instant play or get the DVD. this was recommended in the healthy eight thread and WOW!

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Fa...?trkid=1457044

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2011, 07:13 AM   #71
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

The Botany of Desire, is a PBS special with author Michael Pollan, which explores the relationships of four plants with humans. I gave it five stars.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #72
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

I recommend "The Lottery" a documentary about the charter school system in Harlem causing controversy within it's community & public school officials.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Last edited by The_Lady_Snow; 08-28-2011 at 02:59 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 04:50 PM   #73
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation Suspense!

This movie was one jumpy moment to the next, the guy is a CREEPER in it!!

"The Resident"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #74
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
I recommend "The Lottery" a documentary about the charter school system in Harlem causing controversy within it's community & public school officials.
I agree! I had this on my instant list and watched it a few weeks ago. It shares a unique insight and gives alot to think about when it comes to city school systems.
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2011, 09:25 PM   #75
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i am just going to list some stuff on my Watch Instantly Activity. i can't say i'd recommend that anyone watch what i do. God, i used to watch too much tv. Alas no more. New job. i wouldn't even be online now if i hadn't already worked till i am bleary eyed.

Bones
The Eiger Sanction
Gangs of New York
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
Sons of Anarchy
In Plain Sight
American Experience: After the Mayflower
The Birdcage
Sports Night
The Beauty Academy of Kabul
Impromptu
Scarlet Street
A Touch of Larceny
Dead Like Me
Commander in Chief
Eli Stone
Brothers and Sisters
Herb and Dorothy
Zulu
Bleak House
Fawlty Towers
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Himalaya: North by Northwest -- a Michael Palin travel thing
Sanctuary
Exes and Ohs
Terminator
All in this Tea
The Dresden Files
Psych
Prison Break
National Geographic: Inside North Korea
Hot in Cleveland
Dirty Sexy Money -- Donald Sutherland was so good in this one-season tv show
Breakfast with Scott
-------------------------------------------

on Hulu --

Burn Notice
Season 4 of In Plain Sight
Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #76
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is one of a few must see on NetFlix if you are concerned with health, weight and food safety.

A few others I highly recommend along these lines:

Ingredients - Food safety and cost doesn't have to be that complicated if communities supported it.

The Future of Food - Whats going on really in the food systems. You should be very concerned.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #77
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums
Default The Help

This movie is not on Netflix yet but I found a free link here:

http://www.moviefreenow.com/watch-th...line-free-2011

Just close the little ad box that talks about upgrading, click play, then pause for about 10 min to let the stream buffer.

I really enjoy this movie. On one hand it made me sad remembering that it wasn't that long ago we segregated. In fact there were remnants of it when I was a child. My mother grew up in Birmingham AL and would tell me stories that made me sick.

anyhow, I thought this movie was lighthearted and yet at the same time it reminded us that it wasn't that long ago we had these racial issue. We still have them today.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #78
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread!! Am turning into a Netflix junkie myself I have also found many great, free movies on HULU. One by the title of "Ink" is well worth watching. It's a low-budget, well made film about how we choose to be both in life and death.

Some of my Netflix faves:

The Tudors - Must see Showtime series about Henry VIII and his reign as king

Whale Wars - Original founder of Green Peace has his own organization. It's about there battle against the Japanese whaling industry

Weeds - Definitely a good time killer

Off to read through the thread...lots of folks have made lots of recommendations and I need to get a list going!
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #79
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfbittenpoet View Post
Hogsfather and The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
There are movies based on the Terry Pratchett books??? Why don't I know about this???

In my current Netflix list are all the seasons of True Blood (Sigh, I finally broke down after hearing everyone I know rave about it.) I started reading the books and enjoyed them, so figured I'd give the series a try. I just got through season one and it was OK (I liked the books much better). On to season two.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #80
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Now that I have finished MI5 up to current there is nothing worth watching.
I've been ruined.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: