Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #21
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,095 Times in 3,755 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes.... on particularly hard days....
take a "drive" down Route 66; it's a great way to shed some serious tension.

Other days....
I love nature and finding a private peaceful place, like a wildlife refuge, to take a long hike with Willy Bear. And lots of cuddles with all the critters. I love their antics and they make me laugh even on the worst of days.

Focusing on some hobbies like my photography; working on my scripts for childrens books made from my favorite memories; planning a weekend camping trip or trip to the mountains (I love camping alone where I can find lots of peace and secluded nature)....or cooking an elaborate meal that feels REALLY good (nothing like comfort food!).

Late at night, when I can't go for a hike...I love watching documentaries with beautiful cinematography and stunning shots of beautiful places; SciFy movies (and other unusual movies) and MASH reruns. I have the whole collection of MASH and have watched every episode so many times that it's like reading an old favorite book.... it puts me right to sleep.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #22
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I talk on the phone or I play word games here on the planet!
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #23
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Good sex...even if it's solo
Ha....here's some nice background music. Some solo for ur solo

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km7aItGwz0I&sns=em"]YouTube - Flea bass solo with Chad[/nomedia]
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #24
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I hold substitute teachers WAY UP...just like I do elementary teachers!!

After having taught for a good 25+ years, and did a little substitute work myself, I admire You!

First, if I had a planned absence, as their teacher, I would inform the kids I would be gone. I would ALso tell them that I expected a good report. More often than not, I got one. It was like the "wait til your FATHER gets home" thing for me. But they knew they would catch hell if I got a bad report from a sub.

AS a sub, I would always arrive early to get myself settled in. I would involve one or more kids ~ You can tell which ones are the hellions...and I would always ask them. Also....I would tell them ~ at the end of the day, if you wanna pop back in, I'll be listening to some music before I go home ~ kinda 'shuts down my day here'....if you wanna join me, that'd be great. If they wanted to do that, I'd write them a note so they could get back down at the end of the day. I had as many as 10 kids just sitting with me, listening to music, winding down together. Are you paid to do that. Nope. But did it make a difference? Yep. And that's a better paycheck, if you ask me.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #25
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Currently, I have anywhere from a half hour to an hour commute each way, depending on when I'm hitting the roadways. I listen to the radio and, when feeling sassy, talk back to it and/or sing along with it. It does help some.

Playing online here, in the silly and game threads, makes for a good "zone out" time for me.

Time with friends can help.

Listening to my MP3 player and bopping about helps sometimes.

Sometimes, nothing but a big bowl of ice cream or popcorn and a movie will work.

There is not just "one" thing that works for me all of the time. Different situations warrant different approaches. I can leave work happy, exhilerated, sad, defeated, depressed, angry, frustrated and/or numb. Each emotion has a different 'cure'.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 03:09 AM   #26
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I work in elder care but for the most part my cliants are really good to be around,BUT..,there are a fue who I just have to smile and take a deep dreath to deal with.Those who arent as nice to deal with are mostly men who are rude obnauchas(sp..its 2:00am k)and down right potty mouth.The days I do all I can but still have a bad day I crank the radio up to rattle the windows in my car...I play Jerry Lee Louis to the hilt and sing along ,then I end up at the pool hall.The first fue trables are called rack em and slam em...it dose help.Then I can settle down to some serious pool games wich takes all the stress away cause I can think of anything but the game when im playing.Next I go home and spend some really fun time with my fur kids who always make me feel better no mater what.A nice shower,dinner and im good.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2011, 03:36 AM   #27
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

When I worked a trip with nature on a long walk did the trick most days. A weekend trip to the mountains helped a lot too. And animals, petting them and telling them what was on my mind. And I would listen to NPR on the way home always took my mind off the stress of work.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #28
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

I just kick some ass
Old 01-21-2011, 06:18 AM   #29
sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

♫ music is most definitely my escape ♫

also, time with my children, time with friends, going for a brisk walk or exercise of any kind.. meditation is a must for me, and although i hate admitting it, food makes me feel better lol.. i'm an emotional eater, bigtime.. but i'm striving to find better avenues to deal with my stress haha...

reading , or some nice quiet time, to sit and think things through, focus on some positive things that boost me.. usually some deep conversations with friends will help get me to a better place..

oh and nothing like taking in nature, being outdoors, feeling & smelling the fresh air - watching the beauty all around you... being outdoors is something that always picks me up..

but, nothing beats turning my music up nice & loud and sylly dancing all over this place, singing it out like no one's watching!! *smiles*

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 AM   #30
cuddlyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,452 Times in 1,270 Posts
cuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputationcuddlyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

definately music! i also like spending time with my kitties and petting them
cuddlyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #31
CrankyOldGuy

How Do You Identify?:
Just the right amount of wrong
Preferred Pronoun?:
[sic] Basturd
Relationship Status:
She turns my crank

CrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST Reputation

martini's and mafia wars

"To say nothing, to do nothing, stops nothing" - Roni McCall,
Founder,
Through Their Eyes,
The National Animal Abuse Registry

Last edited by CrankyOldGuy; 01-22-2011 at 08:49 AM. Reason: and a side order of her
CrankyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CrankyOldGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 12:41 PM   #32
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I never thought...

that I would be posting in a thread like this....but here I am, posting, trying to find some light at the end of the tunnel, trying to get through today without breaking down and crying

when I wake up
when I get dressed
on my way to work
during my workday
on my way home
when I walk my dogs
when I'm talking to friends who are trying to help me get through this
when I'm talking to my kids, who try to console and comfort me
when I sit here staring blankly at the screen
when I try to eat
when I get my bath
when I get dressed for bed
as I fall asleep

I'm realizing, even though I'm the one who ended it, it's not easy at all. (Somehow, I've always thought it would be less painful.) It hurts like the dickens. It hurts more than I thought it would. Even knowing all that I know, all the reasons it won't work, all the reasons it could never work - it still hurts, and I still want him, and I still miss him every moment of everyday, every night when I could hear him snoring. I still miss the silly texts, and the corny jokes, and wake up phone calls over his breakfast, I miss him jetting into an office or a hallway, or outside for a quick smoke so he could call me just to tell me he was missing me and needed to hear my voice, to tell me how much he loved about me.

Walking away or running away, depending on how you look at it - it's harder than you think. Maybe soon, it will feel liberating. Maybe soon. But will it be soon enough?

How do I come down from a bad day? I just want to know how to get up.

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #33
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,870 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I have the luxury of going outside anytime I want here at work for a little fresh air and sunshine and I did just that as soon as I got here this morning and saw my inbox.
It's amazing what a few deep breaths can do.

I will also add that when I am driving home between work and home, I sometimes put my phone on silent and turn off the radio if I'm feeling a sensory overload that day so that I can have 10 minutes of "quiet time" before I get home and start my list of "to do's".
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #34
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Music!

Quiet Time

A walk

A good ol fashion cry, hot shower, & soft wooby
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

Last edited by The_Lady_Snow; 05-03-2011 at 01:06 PM.
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #35
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

A long hot shower.

A nice meal.

Quiet. (no telly. no internet. no phone.)

Retreat to bed with a good book and a cuppa tea.

A long walk with my dog, even when I don't feel like it; its good for both of us and that can be motivation enough.

Spending an evening with my best Femmes always lifts my spirits.

A mindless film or trashy tv show marathon.

Daydreaming online: cruising chi-chi villa rentals in Sicily, "planning" a 'round-the-world trip, looking at pretty shoes...
Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #36
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

When the world is too much, I let K know. I turn off all my gadgets, get a cigar, a cheesy sci-fi novel, a good beer and sit outside watching the world go by with the puglets. On the rare extreme stress day, I grab my bike and just aimless bike around thinking of nothing.

I rarely have issues with stress these days because I've landed in a job that lets me do what I need when I want and that flexibility has done wonders for my stress. Compared to where I was 15 years ago where I worked 6-7 days a week, 12-16 hours a day at a small firm my life and work life is far more relaxing and easier to address.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #37
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I hear a good flogging works wonders for stress management, but I suppose that's for another thread.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 PM   #38
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Painting takes me away.......

Also, gettin' my hands in the earth does it for me, too.

I agree with those who have said they turn off their 'gadgets'.........the best "songs" in the world are those the birds are singing right outside my window.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #39
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Painting takes me away.......

Also, gettin' my hands in the earth does it for me, too.

I agree with those who have said they turn off their 'gadgets'.........the best "songs" in the world are those the birds are singing right outside my window.

I couldn't agree more, Diva I'm not sure how everyone else defines a "bad day" and generally my days are not so much bad as they are hectic. Now that it's summer and my garden is in full bloom I love to come home, drop everything at the door, grab the hose, take some deep breaths and relax into the serenity of nature. Better than a glass of red wine!! Since it's summer and bikini weather I find walking on the treadmill to be extremely relaxing as well. For me, movement seems to work out the stresses of a busy day.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #40
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

laughter is the best medicine!
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post: