Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #4701
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDyke View Post
You poor thing, but I can so vouch for hunting down associates... hahaha I always get mistake for an associate!
It worked out! I got extra steps in and my hardware associate was a funny lady with gorgeous hair so all was forgiven.

Funny story: we finally found the two sanders that they still had in stock so I told her I was going to keep it with me until I decided between the cordless and the corded varieties. Cut to about 15 minutes later. I was coming out of the restroom and picked up the box that I set aside outside the entrance when she was coming in and she laughed and said, "You were serious about hanging onto it!"

Quote:
is this my first of many honey do lists?? lol that's IF i make it to RI
What is the going rate out there??
I got lists! I love lists. I make them all the time. It's very satisfying checking things off.

The going rate depends on the job completed.

I've gotten in over 1100 steps so far today but I've got plans for some work later. I watched some videos this morning and it's very straightforward so I doubt I'll have any problems sanding later.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 10:38 AM   #4702
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It worked out! I got extra steps in and my hardware associate was a funny lady with gorgeous hair so all was forgiven.

Funny story: we finally found the two sanders that they still had in stock so I told her I was going to keep it with me until I decided between the cordless and the corded varieties. Cut to about 15 minutes later. I was coming out of the restroom and picked up the box that I set aside outside the entrance when she was coming in and she laughed and said, "You were serious about hanging onto it!"

I got lists! I love lists. I make them all the time. It's very satisfying checking things off.

The going rate depends on the job completed.

I've gotten in over 1100 steps so far today but I've got plans for some work later. I watched some videos this morning and it's very straightforward so I doubt I'll have any problems sanding later.
For the orbital palm sander I hope you chose the corded one. Sometimes sanding projects take a long time, and you will want the power of the corded sander without having to worry that the battery will wear out.

Going Rate: I'll be sure to bring my corded tools so they don't run out

Not doing steps today....does avoiding paper cuts count as a workout???
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 05:21 PM   #4703
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Today was an 11k step/5.5 miles.
Oh yeah, with 2.5# ea ankle weights.

Let me say..gluteus maximus work out. I can feel it !

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #4704
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
For the orbital palm sander I hope you chose the corded one. Sometimes sanding projects take a long time, and you will want the power of the corded sander without having to worry that the battery will wear out.

Going Rate: I'll be sure to bring my corded tools so they don't run out

Not doing steps today....does avoiding paper cuts count as a workout???
I did not and you are right; I had to recharge the battery. The problem is that the work is being done in a detached garage with no outlets so unless I want to buy several extension cords and leave my door cracked, cordless was where it was at. Plus, I didn't have to buy the battery because we already have a charger and battery at work. It's okay; there are few projects that I can't split up according to my availability. I just wanted to take advantage of our 50 degree day today, which won't happen again likely.

Avoiding paper cuts does not equate a workout. You can do better!

I've done a little over 7200 steps so far today. I could have done more but I didn't really get out and stretch my legs until 5pm so if you take that into account, I've done really well!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #4705
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I did not and you are right; I had to recharge the battery. The problem is that the work is being done in a detached garage with no outlets so unless I want to buy several extension cords and leave my door cracked, cordless was where it was at. Plus, I didn't have to buy the battery because we already have a charger and battery at work. It's okay; there are few projects that I can't split up according to my availability. I just wanted to take advantage of our 50 degree day today, which won't happen again likely.

Avoiding paper cuts does not equate a workout. You can do better!

I've done a little over 7200 steps so far today. I could have done more but I didn't really get out and stretch my legs until 5pm so if you take that into account, I've done really well!
two words.... EXTENSION CORDS hehehe.. and you should buy them because you will have plenty more uses for them. just buy one 100' but several smaller ones. I guarantee you will thank me later. PLUS you could have gotten it all done...or far more than you did get done...I would highly recommend consulting your resident carpenter in the future... whomever that may be... THIS is a public service announcement!

My work out.. mmmmm how about if i successfully avoided stapling my finger in the amount of paperwork??? I mean.. it's HARD..
Old 11-16-2019, 07:07 AM   #4706
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'll be bundling up soon to go for a ride once it gets over 25 degrees out. I'm signing up to do a 500 mile ride in the mid West and it's in June which means I need to train throughout the winter. It will really be nice when daylight stops shrinking!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #4707
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
two words.... EXTENSION CORDS hehehe.. and you should buy them because you will have plenty more uses for them. just buy one 100' but several smaller ones. I guarantee you will thank me later. PLUS you could have gotten it all done...or far more than you did get done...I would highly recommend consulting your resident carpenter in the future... whomever that may be... THIS is a public service announcement!

My work out.. mmmmm how about if i successfully avoided stapling my finger in the amount of paperwork??? I mean.. it's HARD..
Nope. Not leaving my door open. Someone just needs to bring extra batteries and switch them out. Hmmmm.....

Still not a workout!

Looks like I'm heading to another 7000 steps today. At least I'm consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I'll be bundling up soon to go for a ride once it gets over 25 degrees out. I'm signing up to do a 500 mile ride in the mid West and it's in June which means I need to train throughout the winter. It will really be nice when daylight stops shrinking!
Girl, you are freakin' magic. What about Soul Cycle classes when the weather's horrible? It's not the same but it's something, right?

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #4708
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Nope. Not leaving my door open. Someone just needs to bring extra batteries and switch them out. Hmmmm.....

Still not a workout!

Looks like I'm heading to another 7000 steps today. At least I'm consistent.

and why aren't there any exterior outlets on the main house!?!?!?! omg

dropping all my extension cords...and that is a workout in and of itself! J/S
Old 11-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #4709
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Girl, you are freakin' magic. What about Soul Cycle classes when the weather's horrible? It's not the same but it's something, right?
I do usually switch to spin classes in the winter. I will likely add those in too. But I need to train for the weather impact too. It's going to be very windy and the temps will be all over the place and that's part of the conditioning to be able to tolerate weather as well as getting the miles in...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #4710
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I went to the gym today and did the stairmaster for 37 minutes. My pattern was 2 minutes each level, with levels:

7,6,5,4,3,2,1,2,3,4,3,2,1 (and then the rest 1s).

I had not been to the gym since October 8th, so it was not easy! I get asthma in the winter so this definitely set off some asthma (not horrible, but not pleasant).

When I got into the gym, I had forgotten how hard it was to get onto the actual machine, to start working out.

Since I get a good amount of walking through my new job and because I'd been working way to late of hours and not sleeping well, I'd been just not doing the gym.

I also had an annoying time with Taylor. She was extra skinny although maybe I just had forgotten how anorexic / young she looks. And granted she likely was thinking that I was extra fat at this time because I am. Her skin was white as a ghost in contrast to her jet black hair.

She was in a really bad mood / anxious because her grandfather is close to death, and she already lost her grandmother earlier in the year, and those are the people who raised her.

She told me about how a family that her billionaire "Ross", for whom she is the house manager, had allowed friends of a friend stay for the weekend at his home without him there, and Taylor said they had left it in terrible shape. Okay, but are you ready?

Taylor said, "It's making me antisemitic because they were Jewish." Now, unless you're from Mars, it's very easy to look at me and see that I'm Jewish. So, yeah, not so much, Taylor! I didn't say anything, because, really, there was not much to say to that.

In any case, it was a type of day where it was nice not having gone to the gym in a while. And I also had to take Advil when I got home because the pressure of doing the stairmaster at such a high intensity after not having done it in so long gave me a wicked headache.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #4711
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Oh, and today I also walked 5,000 steps. My Fitbit came back to life as mysteriously as it died. Maybe it just needed a little break like all of us.

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 12:33 PM   #4712
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Exercise

This morning I hand pedaled 1.5 miles.
The goal is 3 miles by Christmas.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #4713
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

moving... need i really say more... so technically still packing.. and then moving them to the storage unit until i find a place in the new city.

sigh
Old 11-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #4714
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Looks like easygoingfemme is knocking it out of the park again. Thanks for being such an inspiration. I have a lot more respect for you folks doing this out in the cold weather then I did before I actually had to try it for a while.

Hey Jen, I’m sorry you had to go through that with Taylor. Something I learned a couple of years back when I was doing ellipticals in a gym was about getting headaches. For whatever reason I would get a slamming headache about 10 minutes into my cardio session and couldn’t figure out why because I felt fine when I started. I finally got around to looking it up and found out that there was a high likelihood that I was starting out a bit dehydrated, after that I started drinking a bottle of water before I got on and kept drinking throughout, for me at least, that was the problem and the headaches went away. Probably unrelated for you, but maybe worth a try.

The last couple of days have been lousy tides compounded by the presence of plumbers but I’ve been working around the house and I’ve been getting 14,000 to 16,000 steps per day. I just noticed that in the revised “trend“ part of the steps summary it is also giving me year over year, so far 2019 I’m getting double the average steps per day that I did in 2018. This is especially significant for me because the first six months of 2019 we’re almost completely sedentary which means I’m probably actually doing around quadruple of 2018. Now, if I can just keep improving year-over-year I think it might be a healthier way for me to look at goals.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2019, 07:59 PM   #4715
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 15,000 steps. I did 8,000 at work and most of the rest at the gym on the actual stairs of the gym (up and down the six flights).

How do I... ?
Old 11-19-2019, 06:45 PM   #4716
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 6,000 steps at work and 40 minutes on the stairmaster. My pattern of levels was 2 minutes each:

6,5,4,3,2,1; 5,4,3,2,1; 4,3,2,1; then all 1s. My heart rate was in the 160s.

It was a satisfying pattern.

While on the stair master I watched the same episode of Judge Judy on youtube that I watched yesterday and enjoyed it again. Tomorrow: a new episode.

How do I... ?
Old 11-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #4717
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today was 8,000 steps (work). At about noon fatigue just overtook me. Maybe it was because I had a work anxiety dream that a I woke up from at 4 am the night before. I was kind of bummed because I had hoped to go to the gym. My sleep is still a work in progress. Going to bed early (I rarely succeed) and needing to be at work early (not a morning person) is so tough for me.

How do I... ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 08:12 PM   #4718
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had to be somewhere very early this morning, thus I had to wake early and I don't do early when I'm tired so it didn't go well. I forgot my pedometer at home so I lost a ton of steps. Boo. I've logged about 5000 so I'd say that it would be closer to 7000 if I'd remembered the darn thing.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #4719
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Quote:
I had to be somewhere very early this morning, thus I had to wake early and I don't do early when I'm tired so it didn't go well. I forgot my pedometer at home so I lost a ton of steps. Boo. I've logged about 5000 so I'd say that it would be closer to 7000 if I'd remembered the darn thing.
and you were STILL late...sigh that cut into "our time" missy! js
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #4720
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached