Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 05-05-2019, 06:13 PM   #341
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool A Discovery of Witches

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
Ah, this is one of my all time favourite TV Series, which I've already seen (and read the book)... so, rewatching again right now(!!!), it's on AMC (episode 4, followed by episode 5)

I am really enjoying the chemistry (or should I say alchemy) between Matthew and Diana.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #342
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Ah, this is one of my all time favourite TV Series, which I've already seen (and read the book)... so, rewatching again right now(!!!), it's on AMC (episode 4, followed by episode 5)

I am really enjoying the chemistry (or should I say alchemy) between Matthew and Diana.
I've been watching it weekly as opposed to all at once and am really enjoying it that way. I've become so used to binge watching favorite shows that I had forgotten how nice it is to enjoy them slowly. And yes, the alchemy ... love!
Old 05-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #343
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Old 05-28-2019, 10:59 AM   #344
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Old 06-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #345
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2019, 09:54 AM   #346
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2019, 01:44 PM   #347
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Old 07-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #348
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,110 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I had a lovely esbat earlier for the full moon and lunar eclipse. I did a lot of wish work and divination.

Anyone else commemorate the full moon?

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 02:37 AM   #349
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone know of a good occult shop online with a large catalog. A shop with candles, oils, altar supplies, statuary, jewelry, etc. Used to have a couple of good supply stores that went out of business. Blessed be.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 03:19 AM   #350
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Anyone know of a good occult shop online with a large catalog. A shop with candles, oils, altar supplies, statuary, jewelry, etc. Used to have a couple of good supply stores that went out of business. Blessed be.
Try 13moons.com

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2019, 07:32 AM   #351
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 04:11 PM   #352
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Old 07-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #353
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I had a lovely esbat earlier for the full moon and lunar eclipse. I did a lot of wish work and divination.

Anyone else commemorate the full moon?
That sounds like a fun evening CCB. What kind of deviation are you drawn to?

I'm working on my actions / choices being more in the flow of the moon cycles. This past full moon / lunar eclipse I began a new type of Shamanic Journeying. I was pretty amazed by the experience.

I have been really enjoying this website for witchy things. Old World Witchcraft.

I like their use of beeswax candles and herbs for spells as well as the rituals they share.

I'm going to look into the 13moons site as well, thanks for that tip!
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:20 PM   #354
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post
That sounds like a fun evening CCB. What kind of deviation are you drawn to?

I'm working on my actions / choices being more in the flow of the moon cycles. This past full moon / lunar eclipse I began a new type of Shamanic Journeying. I was pretty amazed by the experience.

I have been really enjoying this website for witchy things. Old World Witchcraft.

I like their use of beeswax candles and herbs for spells as well as the rituals they share.

I'm going to look into the 13moons site as well, thanks for that tip!
I am pretty religious about my full moon rituals. Well, I consider Wicca/Witchcraft my religion so it's important for me to honor the Goddess on the full moon. I really enjoy my esbats and find them powerful and magickal.

I keep a record of my magick in a journal/Book of Shadows.

My main form of divination is tarot. I've been reading for over 20 years. And I'm starting to get into scrying.

Thanks also for the Old World Witchcraft tip!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #355
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am pretty religious about my full moon rituals. Well, I consider Wicca/Witchcraft my religion so it's important for me to honor the Goddess on the full moon. I really enjoy my esbats and find them powerful and magickal.

I keep a record of my magick in a journal/Book of Shadows.

My main form of divination is tarot. I've been reading for over 20 years. And I'm starting to get into scrying.

Thanks also for the Old World Witchcraft tip!
Thanks for sharing about your practice It sounds like you have established a good rhythm with it, and able to gather with others and practice sounds magickal indeedl!! Especially if the dynamics complement one another.

WOW, reading tarot for 20 years! I'm just beginning with that. Any general tips that you had wished you had known early on that you feel like sharing?
Old 07-21-2019, 09:13 PM   #356
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing about your practice It sounds like you have established a good rhythm with it, and able to gather with others and practice sounds magickal indeedl!! Especially if the dynamics complement one another.

WOW, reading tarot for 20 years! I'm just beginning with that. Any general tips that you had wished you had known early on that you feel like sharing?
Sure! It kind of depends on how serious you are about tarot and how much time you're willing to put into it.

For one, make tarot a daily practice. Pull a card in the mornings and look up the meanings. In addition to the book the cards came with there are tons of beginner tarot books out there, and aeclectic tarot (aeclectic.net) is a wonderful online resource. Anyway, after you have an idea of what the card means, meditate on it a little bit. Find your own associations with the images in that card. Put a in couple minutes if you're in a hurry or longer if you wish. Then, pay attention to your day and see how the card influences your day and the little coincidences that pop up.

Note: if you're a beginner you may want to start at the very beginning of the deck and go in order rather than pulling cards randomly.

One thing I also really wish someone told me at the beginning is NOT to worry about reversals. There are two schools of thought on reversals, one being that 78 cards are enough information and reversals are necessary, and the other being that reversals add a more nuanced way of reading tarot. But it's a lot to take in in the beginning. I personally no longer use reversals. Once I made the decision not to, my understanding of the deck completely opened up. If after getting familiar with the basic card meanings, you feel you want to add in reversals, do so. But in the beginning I think it's more of a hindrance towards learning the deck than a help. I really wish someone had told me I could let that go when I was a beginner.

If you are really committed to learning tarot, I recommend creating a tarot journal with a page devoted to each card. Jot down your ideas and associations about each card. Insights and flashes will come to you when you least expect it.

My bff from college and I went through the entire deck twice and wrote up our meanings and insights and shared them. If you have someone else to study with, that can be motivation!

Lastly, do things the way that feel best for YOU. There are really no hard and fast rules in tarot except to respect the cards and not abuse them. But explore different ways of shuffling, cutting or not cutting the deck, you can even devise your own tarot spreads! And if you have an association with a card that's different, listen to your gut.

I personally never cut the deck, and have been doing the Celtic Cross spread "wrong" for over 20 years. But because I'm consistent with it and my cards know my way of doing things it always works out.

I'd recommend cleansing your deck and charging it once in a while in the moonlight or sunlight, depending on the energies you want. Also, keep them in a container. The box they came in is fine but you can also find boxes and bags to hold your cards in. Keep them somewhere near your bed, especially when you're breaking in a new deck. You can sleep with it under your pillow or keep it on your nightstand. I have a few decks in current regular rotation and they are all near my bed.

Sorry if this is way more info than you wanted lol. If you have any specific questions I am happy to try and answer.

Happy reading!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 03:54 AM   #357
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

I thought of one more thing--get off book as quickly as you can and trust your own gut and intuition when you read. It can become a crutch where you feel you always have to look up every card, even though deep down you know what the card means. (Been there! I still get the urge to grab a book sometimes and it's ridiculous because I KNOW tarot by now!)

My Patreon

My Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #358
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Sure! It kind of depends on how serious you are about tarot and how much time you're willing to put into it.

For one, make tarot a daily practice. Pull a card in the mornings and look up the meanings. In addition to the book the cards came with there are tons of beginner tarot books out there, and aeclectic tarot (aeclectic.net) is a wonderful online resource. Anyway, after you have an idea of what the card means, meditate on it a little bit. Find your own associations with the images in that card. Put a in couple minutes if you're in a hurry or longer if you wish. Then, pay attention to your day and see how the card influences your day and the little coincidences that pop up.

Note: if you're a beginner you may want to start at the very beginning of the deck and go in order rather than pulling cards randomly.

One thing I also really wish someone told me at the beginning is NOT to worry about reversals. There are two schools of thought on reversals, one being that 78 cards are enough information and reversals are necessary, and the other being that reversals add a more nuanced way of reading tarot. But it's a lot to take in in the beginning. I personally no longer use reversals. Once I made the decision not to, my understanding of the deck completely opened up. If after getting familiar with the basic card meanings, you feel you want to add in reversals, do so. But in the beginning I think it's more of a hindrance towards learning the deck than a help. I really wish someone had told me I could let that go when I was a beginner.

If you are really committed to learning tarot, I recommend creating a tarot journal with a page devoted to each card. Jot down your ideas and associations about each card. Insights and flashes will come to you when you least expect it.

My bff from college and I went through the entire deck twice and wrote up our meanings and insights and shared them. If you have someone else to study with, that can be motivation!

Lastly, do things the way that feel best for YOU. There are really no hard and fast rules in tarot except to respect the cards and not abuse them. But explore different ways of shuffling, cutting or not cutting the deck, you can even devise your own tarot spreads! And if you have an association with a card that's different, listen to your gut.

I personally never cut the deck, and have been doing the Celtic Cross spread "wrong" for over 20 years. But because I'm consistent with it and my cards know my way of doing things it always works out.

I'd recommend cleansing your deck and charging it once in a while in the moonlight or sunlight, depending on the energies you want. Also, keep them in a container. The box they came in is fine but you can also find boxes and bags to hold your cards in. Keep them somewhere near your bed, especially when you're breaking in a new deck. You can sleep with it under your pillow or keep it on your nightstand. I have a few decks in current regular rotation and they are all near my bed.

Sorry if this is way more info than you wanted lol. If you have any specific questions I am happy to try and answer.

Happy reading!
Thank you so much CCB for taking the time to share your experience with me. I appreciate you! I have to say I breathed a sigh of relief after reading your advice. I have been stuck on the starting line and I realized after reading your post that I was so worried about doing everything perfectly that it was putting me out of sync with myself. It also was creating fear around doing it at all.

A friend of mine had been sporadically teaching me and she emulated the exact way her Grandmother did things. I respect that, but not knowing her Grandmother it all became very abstract. Now I feel like I can be more playful and curious and find my own way with it. My friend gave me a deck that is not a "traditional deck" but I'm really drawn to the artwork and tone of the explanations. So here I begin, card 1 and a fresh new notebook. My heart is grateful!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #359
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Quote:
Thank you so much CCB for taking the time to share your experience with me. I appreciate you! I have to say I breathed a sigh of relief after reading your advice. I have been stuck on the starting line and I realized after reading your post that I was so worried about doing everything perfectly that it was putting me out of sync with myself. It also was creating fear around doing it at all.

A friend of mine had been sporadically teaching me and she emulated the exact way her Grandmother did things. I respect that, but not knowing her Grandmother it all became very abstract. Now I feel like I can be more playful and curious and find my own way with it. My friend gave me a deck that is not a "traditional deck" but I'm really drawn to the artwork and tone of the explanations. So here I begin, card 1 and a fresh new notebook. My heart is grateful!
I'm so glad I could be of help!!

Yes, some people's way of doing tarot is very precise and restrictive. If your friend's grandmother's way of doing things works for them, great. But I believe the best way of reading tarot is the path we discover for ourselves! Definitely feel free to play and experiment. I think you'll find the cards will play back.

Have fun on your new journey!

My Patreon

My Website
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #360
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Tags
witches