Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > THE FLUFFY STUFF: FLIRTING, HUMOR, CHAT

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #1001
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,964 Times in 1,836 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
My honey and I have started the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I just started the first book last night and read about 8 chapaters, D started the series on Saturday and is already on the last book. Yep, within the first few pages you get sucked in.
My best friend just gave me this book for my girls to read. I haven't given it to them yet as I wanted to peruse it first. Do you think it's age appropriate for a 13 & 10 year old?
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #1002
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,642 Times in 1,520 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I have had the unabridged version of Stranger in a Strange Land (it's about 1/4 longer than the original version published in 1961) in my bookcase for a long time. Bored with murder mysteries I decided to read it again after maybe 30 years. I am about half way through it....

boy I had forgotten how bad sexism really was then....and some homophobia....but the story is still a great one.....

off to 'grok' it more....
I will not assimilate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toughy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #1003
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,784 Times in 649 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
My honey and I have started the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I just started the first book last night and read about 8 chapaters, D started the series on Saturday and is already on the last book. Yep, within the first few pages you get sucked in.

Started reading this last night as well...

Catalina, As far as age appropriate for 10 - 13. I haven't a clue as yet, but it is listed as a YA series.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #1004
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,126 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I just chewed through those on my Kindle. I'll be re-reading them. Lots of interesting themes.

Tawse, it's pretty brutal. The 13 yr old yes, but if the 10 yr old is prone to nightmares, I'd hold off for a year or so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #1005
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

I just chewed through those on my Kindle. I'll be re-reading them. Lots of interesting themes.

Tawse, it's pretty brutal. The 13 yr old yes, but if the 10 yr old is prone to nightmares, I'd hold off for a year or so.
Yep finished book 1 this morning..and I'm not even sure if I'd want a 13 year old to read it... but I guess it depends on the 13 year old.

Tough subject matter...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #1006
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 19,675 Times in 6,569 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Debt: The First 5,000 Years

I just finished reading archaeologist David Graeber's book!

Graeber's compelling evidence presents a stunning reversal of conventional of how economics has been construed for eons. I found this book very interesting and could not put it down.

I'm keeping this book (strong recommendation).

http://www.powells.com/biblio/71-978...mid=48972&jb=0

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 06:40 AM   #1007
girl_dee

How Do You Identify?:
Angel-like
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
♡ see pic below ♡

Thanked 46,816 Times in 11,790 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok ....

Holiday Card Exchange! Sign up!

Check out my photos!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #1008
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,126 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

The Gathering Storm by Robyn Bridges

It's book one of the Katerina Trilogy.

|

Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:35 AM   #1009
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,252 Times in 1,465 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

"The Rules of Civility" by Amor Towles and "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" series. And..because I can never read just ONE book (or two in this case) I am also re-reading several Agatha Christie mysteries.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #1010
nycbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
moved on and ready to start again

nycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputationnycbutch Has the BEST Reputation

"Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie....should have read this years ago!

nycbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #1011
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Member Photo Albums

Ok - I finished the Hunger Games and I'm fairly certain that I now need therapy...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #1012
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Latino Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
you know
Relationship Status:
Whole, Present

Thanked 4,997 Times in 1,709 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default To recollect

"Recollections: An Autobiography" by Viktor Frankl

I started this a while back, put it down, then decided
if he, and his family could have gone through what they did,
I can honor and witness their lives by reading it all.

Its a book of not many pages, but powerful nonetheless.

I found it in one of my old bookstore visits, so it may be
out of print. Check Amazon.

Greco

"Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart."

Ancient Indian Proverb
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2011, 08:37 PM   #1013
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
The Pool

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,596 Times in 529 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Count me in for another fan of The Hunger Games. Can't wait to see the movie in the Spring! Disturbing series, especially considering it's for young adults. I got to the end and still couldn't figure out if it was a comedy or a tragedy (you know, in the classic meaning: is there redemption or not?). It's not often I find that.

And... since everyone* on this site writes like David Foster Wallace (at least according to another thread), I'm re-reading his fantastic book of essays, A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again.**

JD

* Except me
** Maybe if I include more footnotes, my writing will pass for his too...
Old 12-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #1014
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Myster
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,489 Times in 1,024 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Just finished Vladimir Nabokov's "Ada"- 626 pages of exquiste and wonderful writing...could'nt let it go...it took me a week to finish reading..it took him a lifetime to finish writing. It was about this great writer's life living among the elite upper class, and his awesome love for Ada.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #1015
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
make one up!

Thanked 7,781 Times in 2,290 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

"a game of thrones" ~george r. r. martin (book 1 in a set)
Old 12-19-2011, 10:21 AM   #1016
Skittlesluver

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Dreamer
Relationship Status:
Single

Skittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST ReputationSkittlesluver Has the BEST Reputation

Received "My Cousin Rachel" by Daphne du Maurier as a gift
Old 12-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #1017
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Member Photo Albums

read a sample of Divergent last night. Pretty sure I'll be dl it tonight for reading...

Apparently I really like Dystopian YA books.

I really hope this isn't as intense as Hunger Games.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #1018
Melissa

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
married

Melissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST ReputationMelissa Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading Prey by Michael Crichton and really enjoying it!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melissa For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #1019
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,155 Times in 3,404 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

New novel from Amazon just arrived that I had read good reviews about: (there's two on the links)

Love and Shame and Love by Peter Orner

Looking forward to it .
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #1020
Kätzchen
Heart of Hearts

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 19,675 Times in 6,569 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I probably won't be done with the book I'm reading right now until later this week but I'm going to check out The Hunger Games soon!

JD? I've read the book of essays by Wallace: A Supposedly a fun thing I'll never do again. Which of his essays did you appreciate the most?

(gotta go, I'm at work)
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading