Old 11-04-2020, 10:38 AM   #1821
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I added a little something to their breakfast wet food. Loki inhaled it and Gracie seems to like it well enough. She's never been as food focused as Loki anyway so her not turning her nose up at it is good enough feedback.

It's Dr. Marty's freeze dried raw food. This stuff is mega expensive so I never intended to fully switch them over but I did want to use it to supplement their diet since I feel there's no mass produced canned food that takes all their dietary needs into consideration.

It's also supposed to help with shedding and gastrointestinal issues. Over time, I might actually start adding some fresh components to their diet as well. The idea of dicing chicken hearts and gizzards isn't my cup of tea but I want them to have a balanced diet and get all of their required nutrients. Feeding obligate carnivores is harder than it used to be.

They are restricted to dry food that is designed for urinary tract health because they eat out of one another's bowls and I leave food out for them overnight and during the day so they both wind up eating it even though Gracie doesn't need it.

The wet food is where I'm able to tweak and specialize each of their formulas because I feed them that in separate rooms with the door closed to give Gracie as long as she needs to finish. Loki was intimating her until she moved away and he'd finish her wet food too so I had to put a stop to that.

Right now, they are enjoying a late morning siesta. Gracie is on the back of the sofa and Loki is at the top of his cat tree. Fun fact: now that he's shaved, there's less bulk and when he curls up tight, he blends into the beige of the tree so I have to look extra hard for him. Also, he is the cutest snorer ever. He sounds like a little old man.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #1822
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pet

2006 - 2020 my baby girl died yesterday.
She brought so much joy to my life. She found me in a room of kittens. We played and laughted together for years. She always slept next to me during the night. Yesterday, she died in my arms and wrapped my love. When doc said she is dying I brought her home, wrapped her in a blanket and laid her in my arms in our bed. I felt her soul leave her body.
My heart is broken.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 09:44 PM   #1823
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
2006 - 2020 my baby girl died yesterday.
She brought so much joy to my life. She found me in a room of kittens. We played and laughted together for years. She always slept next to me during the night. Yesterday, she died in my arms and wrapped my love. When doc said she is dying I brought her home, wrapped her in a blanket and laid her in my arms in our bed. I felt her soul leave her body.
My heart is broken.
My condolences, Chad.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 08:10 AM   #1824
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
My condolences, Chad.
Thank you, that was a very hard day. I appreciate my friend's support.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #1825
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Monte slept, and I slept, through what proved to be a seven hour power outage. It was supposed to last ten but ended early so we experienced no suffering, just woke up starving. He must have been awake during part of the time I slept though because after chomping down a quick breakfast he went straight back to bed and promptly passed out.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2020, 08:10 PM   #1826
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

I adopted a kitten today. She is very cute and fun. My home has been too sad for too long. No one can replace my baby but my heart is big enough for a new friend. I call her Ruth but as a kitten Ruthy seems good for now. She may be an American long hair or Maine Coon, or Rag doll time will tell. Tonight is her first night with me and she warms my heart.

Old 12-05-2020, 10:29 AM   #1827
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

Kitten Ruthy's first night was fun playing with her ball and my feet. She is a big kisser, she loves licking my cheeks. She slept on my chest with her cheek on my cheek. Yum.

I don't think she is a Rag doll the markings are wrong. She is marked as a standard Maine Coon.

Anyway, she is cute, happy, and loving.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 03:45 AM   #1828
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Refused to eat any dry food! Until I found this brand of cat food all he wanted was dry food and wet is so much better for him. So definitely happy to see that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #1829
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Kitten Ruthy's first night was fun playing with her ball and my feet. She is a big kisser, she loves licking my cheeks. She slept on my chest with her cheek on my cheek. Yum.

I don't think she is a Rag doll the markings are wrong. She is marked as a standard Maine Coon.

Anyway, she is cute, happy, and loving.

If she's Main Coon, she's going to be bigger than average. My Loki has Maine Coon in him and he's over 3 feet long from nose to tip of tail and weighs over 20lbs. I think females tend to only get around 12lbs or so, though. They tend to be snuggly and very affectionate, which always feels good. Glad that you gave her a chance at a happy home.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2020, 06:55 AM   #1830
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Loki has taken over Gracie's perch, which is lower than the tree but it's directly in front of a window and gets a ton of light. While he is still too big for it, with him being shaved, he does seem to fit into it better.

She has responded by spending more time in the tree. I wonder if this was negotiated.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #1831
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

Kitten Ruthy has mastered the game of fetch. It is big fun.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 08:14 PM   #1832
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,475 Times in 10,186 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

That friendly outside black cat, I named Marshmallow brought me a gift. (a lizard)She has been hanging around, just purring away. She jumps on the window sill and chatters away to me.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 10:00 PM   #1833
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Yesterday, I was having lunch at home and talking with a peer on the phone when I looked over my shoulder to see what the fur babies were doing and I'll be darned, I think they were having a meeting. They were sitting upright and were facing one another with their faces close. When I looked back, they both looked at me and immediately moved away from one another as if to say, "Nothing to see here!".

I do hope they remember that without me, there is no food, toys, pets, clean litter or random interesting gadgets that I bring home from work to explore.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:17 PM   #1834
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

Kitten Ruth is growing she will be a very big kitty. Her new fun is dancing on two legs with her toy in her mouth. I am trying to video that. She still loves the game of fetch and has become a pro at it. She continues to bring joy to my life everyday.

Old 02-09-2021, 09:00 PM   #1835
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Monte is terrified of kids in play pens but practically lets dogs sit on his lap without so much as a blink. J and the baby were over today, so he spent most of his morning hiding behind the desk and under the bed.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2021, 08:52 PM   #1836
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Default Pets

Kitten Ruth is growing, her lenth laying down is about 2 feet. She still loves the game of fetch.
I have noticed that she has separation anxiety and this may become an issue when I start traveling again. Otherwise, she is happy, playful, and loving.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:45 PM   #1837
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Today was an adventure! First I loaded up my little angels...not...for a trip to the groomer's. For some reason, they were both cranky and fought her more than usual. Loki got shaved and both got their nails trimmed. My groomer earns her money. Loki is always wiggly and shifting, even when he's not being shaved, and he was extra so today.

Then we headed to the vet's, where I felt like I was at a Sonic, ordering food. You can't go into the office so they have signs in front of the parking spaces to call your visit in. They get info and updates from you then and someone eventually comes out to retrieve the animals. I got 4 hours of sleep last night so I actually dozed off in between my arrival notice and when they came out for Loki. It was nice and warm in the sun! They took them one at a time and when both babies were back, I had to go around the building to a shanty that they erected for payments.

Apparently, Loki is starting to get a bit of gingivitis so I have to use special toothpaste for him now. Thank goodness it's him and not Gracie. That would NOT go over well with her. With him, it'll be a treat. He'll get something to swallow and lots of pets so he will be happy. Also, he has gained a pound this year (which I suspected) and Gracie has lost a pound and a half, which was a surprise. She's in good health but she's tiny already so they want me to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't slide any further.

I also picked up a bag of their favorite treats. That will help with keeping weight on Gracie, at least.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #1838
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Ernie has been stubborn lately, so we've been playing a game where I randomly toss treats in his bowl from the table whenever he stops eating, until he finishes his bowl.

Conversely, Holle did a poor impersonation of a vacuum and choked on her food. Scaring both of us in the process. So she has a fancy new slow feeder bowl on order.
Old 03-24-2021, 07:32 PM   #1839
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I got them a new litter box so I expect they will be checking it out and testing it soon once I get it out of the box and filled. It's a top entry litter box; something they've never had before. I hope it will help with the distribution of litter throughout the place. It looks like this only cute.

Both of them have figured out the slow feeder bowl but Loki dominates it and I can't put food in Gracie's normal bowl without having to lock Loki up in bathroom jail until she finishes because he actually does a remarkable impression of a Hoover.

Tonight, I threw a few treats on the floor to shake things up and exercise their hunting skills. All 'prey' met a timely end.

Other than Gracie spending some time in my lap today, everything else was same ole, same ole.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 03-25-2021, 05:42 PM   #1840
Vincent

How Do You Identify?:
Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him,he
Relationship Status:
just me

Vincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST ReputationVincent Has the BEST Reputation

She had a nice warm bubble bath

by the locally owned dyke mobile pooochy bath service

as usual coz she is English pitty

she gets
What a happy girl she is and this breed is misunderstood,and now smells great too LOL
If Not Now-When
If Not Here-Where
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vincent For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets