Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

i like twitter, its growing on me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #22
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Facebook junkie here hit me up in pm for my name if you wanna add me....
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #23
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAverageGuy View Post
Facebook junkie here hit me up in pm for my name if you wanna add me....
noooooo , not you I am shock
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:02 PM   #24
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I cracked up at Diva's post, 'cause I thought the same thing when I started thinking of all the socializing forums I'm on.

Let's see...
FB - LOVE IT!!!!! Go there lots of times a day. I love that I've connected with all my best friends from elementary school through college on there! And most of my family is on it too.
LiveJournal - I have one friend that posts frequently on there and I go read her stuff. I don't use it.
MySpace - Like D said, "It's Dead", although I do still have my account.
BF - ended that relationship about a week ago.
FetLife - Just learning about it.
Collar Me - seldom go there 'cause I couldn't understand it.
Twitter - Don't understand it at all, so don't have an account.
Here - Learning my way around it.

I love all the updates, and have nothing better to do with my life than live vicariously through my young co-workers.

A
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:38 PM   #25
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasta View Post
noooooo , not you I am shock

OH YES ME ahahhahah
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 PM   #26
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I am into social networking but am not into alot of sites because I have My few favorites including:

1)Facebook - this is one of My favorite addictions, especially playing games on there (Farm Town, FarmVille, Fish World, FishVille, Mafia Wars etc)

2)BF - I still post there sometimes, but not even close to what I use to

3)BFD - I still go there alot, but not much

4)Myspace - I do have an account there, however I only log in once in awhile to check out things

5)Twitter - I have an account there too, but only log in once in awhile to see whats happening with the people I follow

6)LJ - I am going to be opening an account there soon for blogging, and as My own way of venting when I can't (or don't want certain other people to see it)

7)The Planet - This site is My absolute favorite place, and I plan to stick around here for a LONG time to come
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:30 PM   #27
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I am extremely leary of social networking sites. I use them everyday, I am also monitored on some of them everyday. If I don't need it or use it, I shut it down.

Many HR companies routinely google names on the internet and social networking site. I prefer the sites, like here at the Planet, where the communtiy is smaller, it doesn't feel like I am so searchable through friends pages and "fan" networking. Be very careful what you put out there.

I love having so much data at my fingertips, but that same data is also available to others.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:35 AM   #28
Petal Soft

People keep inviting me to join facebook, but how many forums can you use and dont you just end up going from one to another telling the same things?? I dont have that much time. I get all the chat with people I like on the 2 sites I use....for now anyways.

~~~Petal~~~

Old 11-19-2009, 05:37 AM   #29
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

I dont see facebook being a forum, soo much more to fb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petal Soft View Post
People keep inviting me to join facebook, but how many forums can you use and dont you just end up going from one to another telling the same things?? I dont have that much time. I get all the chat with people I like on the 2 sites I use....for now anyways.

~~~Petal~~~

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #30
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

I worry about the amount of privacy that is given up on these sites.

PI's don't even have to leave thier offices any longer (sorry Itty) -- If you are internet search savvy you can find anything.

If you are internet savvy you know there is a backdoor for almost all of these social sites.

Click
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #31
HumV4me

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey, Baby, Love, Dearest
Relationship Status:
in an animal house

HumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST Reputation

I've learned to enjoy FB more... I have a MySpace but never go there.

I'm not a Twitterer and other than here... those are all I do.

I FB more because I can update quickly with all my friends and it's easier to check the status of everyone. Plus I like to goof off and mess around with the apps and the gifting.

I don't do any of them for popularity... thats not my thing and I don't compete for things... it's just all down time when it comes to the apps... but how I love to ~~FARKLE~~. LOL
Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #32
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

here - I absolutely love!!!!
BF - hardly ever go there
BFD - banned ..lol
MySpace - i'm a survey addict
FaceBook - it's really growing on me
Queer-Space - i post occasionally
Twitter - uber boredom to me
FetLife - love it

and a variety of others, but those are my main ones...
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:00 AM   #33
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,849 Times in 510 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Here's an article about protecting your privacy on Facebook that popped up on Yahoo.

linkyloo
Old 02-07-2010, 06:20 AM   #34
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Social media is having a profound effect on marketing, advertising, and...privacy. Most, if not all, employers search online prior to any phone call or interview of a prospect. Once it's out in the ethers, it's there forever.

Personally, I do not have any online presence, save b.f and twitter. I haven't the time or the inclination. I am, however, fascinated by it all. It's opened many doors. Closed even more. And, has change socialization, not necessarily in a good way.

I prefer to meet people in person and real life. Then, it's no longer an ideal (sometimes it is!) or just virtual. But, I do dig meeting people online as well.

Cheers for Queers!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #35
Daktari

I'm a facebooker too. I refuse to play the mafia/farm/cafe et al games but I love keeping in touch with folks I don't see in rl very often. It's a great place to keep an eye on what other urbexers are doing too.

I visit Fetlife on a regular-ish basis too.

Last edited by Daktari; 02-07-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: because I can
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #36
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,611 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

wow, I came across this 8 year old thread and re-read it...so much has changed!

BFD is gone

BF is gone

no one does My Space anymore

Twitter has picked up in popularity because of 45

Linked In has lost most of our interest unless you are looking for a job

Facebook has caught us in its snare...it is THE #1 social media

when I came back to the Planet, I wondered where everyone was. I think FB has taken alot of people away from here

and I wonder why

I personally love the forum set up on the planet. And I like how we are screened for participation, so the likelyhood of trolls coming in for stares and rude comments are reduced.

wondering what others think about social media nowadays and how it affect the Planet?
The Following User Says Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #37
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

It makes me sad to be reminded that Daktari has passed.

I think I still have FB deactivated.

I never did My Space.

I guess I like the forum format the best myself.

I have found other forum-type sites but they are not not butch-femme.

That seems to be rare these days too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
wow, I came across this 8 year old thread and re-read it...so much has changed!

BFD is gone

BF is gone

no one does My Space anymore

Twitter has picked up in popularity because of 45

Linked In has lost most of our interest unless you are looking for a job

Facebook has caught us in its snare...it is THE #1 social media

when I came back to the Planet, I wondered where everyone was. I think FB has taken alot of people away from here

and I wonder why

I personally love the forum set up on the planet. And I like how we are screened for participation, so the likelyhood of trolls coming in for stares and rude comments are reduced.

wondering what others think about social media nowadays and how it affect the Planet?

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #38
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,611 Times in 3,973 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

wait..what? Daktari has passed??

Why do we not have a thread to memoralize all those members who have passed? I did not know Duchess passed! Now Daktari!
Old 05-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #39
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft*Silver View Post
wait..what? Daktari has passed??

Why do we not have a thread to memoralize all those members who have passed? I did not know Duchess passed! Now Daktari!
We do new ones each time someone passes.

I believe it was two years ago at the end of this past March.

I'm sorry that you did not know.

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2017, 04:33 PM   #40
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Sorry, did it wrong.

~Washington Post

Last edited by *Anya*; 05-05-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Single post,not thread
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: