Old 06-02-2018, 05:56 AM   #13941
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's gonna be miserable for the first few hours of the day. I'm going to do my best to limit my time outside, but really only because my hair is on point and I don't want it to get ruined by the humidity.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2018, 08:49 AM   #13942
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Some days, people are a giant pita. My new housekeeper cancelled the day before she was to start. Then the chiropractor made an adjustment booboo that necessitated a second trip. And then the USPS delivered my package to the wrong address.

I miss the days when people showed up as scheduled, did the work right the first time, and didnt make foolish errors.

.......AMEN!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #13943
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,506 Times in 10,197 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDyke View Post
I will never understand why people lie.

The whole push you away. Only to pull you back in and when they get caught. Their famous line is. It wasnt me. In fact. They gaslight. It was them. Its never me. I wouldnt do that because it is crazy

The lies we spin today are remembered in the futures of tomorrow. It's what you're doin in your tangled web. And I must say. Your past is damn ugly and twisted with all those lies. I dont know how you sleep at night with all these games.

Life is too short. Go out and enjoy peace. Enjoy nature. Look to the stars. Love unconditionally. You will be happier.

Right? Isn't that what they say?
What? You took the words right out of my mouth!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #13944
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default On my mind

Home repair.

Looks like the fire alarm on my high ceiling is malfunctioning. I am pondering trying to fix it on my own or call an electrician.

The main issue is that I hate climbing the extension ladder when I am alone. I am not a young buck anymore. Ugh.

I am pondering the situation.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #13945
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My son's, my mom, family stuff. Mostly my mom and my boy's.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #13946
uglyboi

How Do You Identify?:
As the 'The Bourne Identity'
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cheerful pessimist
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,213 Times in 327 Posts
uglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputationuglyboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Casper

I believe at times Beasley thinks I'm a ghost because sometimes she tells me that she can see right through me.
uglyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uglyboi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 07:49 PM   #13947
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyboi View Post
I believe at times Beasley thinks I'm a ghost because sometimes she tells me that she can see right through me.
I hope you and your wife, Beasley, are doing well, it's good to see you out on the boards.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:10 AM   #13948
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation
Default Purging possessions

I'm heading towards a minimalistic lifestyle. I'm on my second round of "pitching" things and it's slightly easier. BUT NOT EASY. If it was, I'd be done by now. The whole process is emotionally draining. If i could just open a drawer and throw it all away, but NO! I have to (for some strange reason) look at almost everything and reminisce.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #13949
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Never say "never", especially in matters of the heart
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #13950
2qt

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her..
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,967 Times in 582 Posts
2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation2qt Has the BEST Reputation

That I sometimes struggle to understand why, how or what.....
2qt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2qt For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 08:25 PM   #13951
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Getting all the stuff packed into boxes and moved into the bathroom so we can have new carpet put in.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #13952
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am wondering if the fact that my now ex partner and I were not able to make things work may be due, in part, to the fact that she does not perform gender in a masculine or butch way. She did have some qualities related to more butch type activities but she does not identify as butch. I very strongly identify as femme and find that the energy and balance of a butch femme relationship works so well for me. I enjoy even the small things like someone opening the door, helping me with heavy items, ordering both of our dinners at the restaurant, and the butch confidence and dominance within certain aspects of the relationship. I know everyone is different so this is just my thoughts about the matter. Thank you for reading my post.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2018, 10:53 PM   #13953
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I've been working on decluttering too. It feels like there needs to be some sort of 12 Step program around this because I'm finding it incredibly difficult to do. Well it's all done now... It's just I keep wanting to go back to certain boxes and retrieve stuff, I'm really having to white knuckle it to refrain from doing so. I watched this show once where some sort of psychic healer person was helping a woman declutter and they had to go over each piece and do this whole letting go ritual of saying goodbye to everything item by item. Oh and they had to thank the stuff they released/gave back to the universe too. One... item... at... a... time. Well I'm not Methuselah. I figure I've got maybe 30 good years left on this planet – I don't want to waste 10 of it on this crud. Nope I have to get rid of this stuff. Even then I'll still have all that stuff of mine in my son's storage unit to go through.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2018, 06:07 AM   #13954
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I've been working on decluttering too. It feels like there needs to be some sort of 12 Step program around this because I'm finding it incredibly difficult to do. Well it's all done now... It's just I keep wanting to go back to certain boxes and retrieve stuff, I'm really having to white knuckle it to refrain from doing so. I watched this show once where some sort of psychic healer person was helping a woman declutter and they had to go over each piece and do this whole letting go ritual of saying goodbye to everything item by item. Oh and they had to thank the stuff they released/gave back to the universe too. One... item... at... a... time. Well I'm not Methuselah. I figure I've got maybe 30 good years left on this planet – I don't want to waste 10 of it on this crud. Nope I have to get rid of this stuff. Even then I'll still have all that stuff of mine in my son's storage unit to go through.
I'm doing the same thing. Some things aren't too hard to toss but there are some items that I am ridiculously attached to and they are not particularly meaningful---no particularly sentimental memories or events connected to it.

My connection to 'stuff' is stupid but I'm getting through it slowly. I just keep telling myself, "What is the worst that will happen if I donate/gift/trash this?" Most of the time, the answer is "I'll have to buy it again" which is silly when you think of my attachment to it.

The money's gone so I'm not 'saving' anything by keeping the item and I'm not considering getting rid of anything that I use regularly. Everything on the chopping block is stuff that I can't use at all or have not used in months or even years.

I totally understand what you are saying!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #13955
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

All this preparation for carpet is ridiculous. I can see spending the money on other certain things on the house. I just wish they would move out, this house is gonna end up bleeding them dry.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #13956
hopelessromantic69

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
all male
Relationship Status:
Single but unavailable

hopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qt View Post
That I sometimes struggle to understand why, how or what.....
What about “When”? Ducking!!
Old 06-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #13957
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

I was thinking about how more often than not the price we pay for things does not necessarily match the quality. However, I was also thinking it depends on the item being purchased. Like I pay a lot for my shoes and sneakers and they last me a long time. Then today I bought a new pair of earbuds w/ mic for $30 after sending back the $150 Beats pair that I had. I synced the new set in less than 5 minutes and the buds fit perfectly in my ears. Again paid less- and got better quality than paying more.

However, I shall also say it really does depend on what you are buying. I would not use a blanket statement and say ALL things high priced do not match in quality, etc.

It would be cool to have a thread where people could give examples like I did. It would be interesting to see what others think and what things they have purchased that fall in line on either side of the fence.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #13958
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I was thinking about how more often than not the price we pay for things does not necessarily match the quality. However, I was also thinking it depends on the item being purchased. Like I pay a lot for my shoes and sneakers and they last me a long time. Then today I bought a new pair of earbuds w/ mic for $30 after sending back the $150 Beats pair that I had. I synced the new set in less than 5 minutes and the buds fit perfectly in my ears. Again paid less- and got better quality than paying more.

However, I shall also say it really does depend on what you are buying. I would not use a blanket statement and say ALL things high priced do not match in quality, etc.

It would be cool to have a thread where people could give examples like I did. It would be interesting to see what others think and what things they have purchased that fall in line on either side of the fence.
Thats a great idea for a thread Reach and hacks and dupes as you suggest would be useful too.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2018, 04:39 PM   #13959
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Prepping for my class on Saturday to see if i get the job or just to further my training and discuss pay rate, etc seeming it sounds like i got the job.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #13960
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

My ex works at the same agency as I do which is fine because we are both very professional and don't work in the same division but sometimes I have to interact with her which can be somewhat dysregulating.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post: