Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about snow?
I love it! 94 63.51%
I hate it! 49 33.11%
I have never seen snow and have no opinion. 5 3.38%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #21
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Voted "LOVE"...

... the beauty of the fresh fallen snow hanging on my pine tree branches here is breathtaking.

How pristine and magical everything can seem looking out a morning window after a night of snow. Driving up the road just staring all around in amazement at all the various snow/ice formations on the trees and bushes. These times I love...
__

Shoveling can be fun and artistic for me, but shoveling when you HAVE to is a big pain in the ass - and I HATE scrapping off the windshield of my car. (When the snow brushes easily off without ice on the glass, then I'm happy.)

Sometimes the wild ass kid in my LOVES driving in a blizzard. Sometimes my logical "adult" brain side, does not find this very amusing.

*AS a kid, I did make some KICK-ASS igloos. I would spend all day and into the evening working on them (taking a flashlight outside once it got dark). My parents would have to insist that I come in after so many hours.

And snowball fights were kinda fun. (I "packed" a mean on!)

So, it's like Corkey said, a "love/hate" kind of thing. And Unn said: "ask me in Feb.". And cabin fever here is INTERESTING late winter. Plus, occasionally I do get physically snowed in!

But, burning the firewood is heavenly. Watching the fire. Feeling that kind of warmth - and then looking out the windows...

And it's here, like it or not. When I moved away from it in the past... (?) I won't say here.

WILD
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #22
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersuebee View Post
You mean that fluffy stuff that's piling up outside my door as we speak?
That's the stuff!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I do love snow, and I don't even mind shoveling it - but I do get tired of it if it snows too much.
It just gets stale.

Stale, now that's a good way to put it after it's been around too long.

Pretty to look at when it first falls and play in when not bitter cold
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:09 PM   #24
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't voted yet. I would like to live somewhere that snows then doesn't turn into a sheet of ice within 24 hours. It literally stops our city because 1) people aren't used to it and don't know how to drive in it, and 2) the city doesn't have the proper equipment or planning for when the snow and ice hits. I walk quit a distance between buses to get to/from work and worrying about whether I am going to slip and fall is not so fun. So...I guess my vote is for no. But I do like to go up to the mountains and play in the snow every once in awhile. In fact, my college town got so much snow each year that we snow banks waist deep. It was great for building snowmen!
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #25
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Snow when I need it

Growing up in the east, a place of 4 seasons, and moving to Southern CAlifornia (never will snow) left me longing for the snow at Christmas...

I bought a place in the mountains near Palm Springs, a two hour drive from home and driving a windy road to 6,000 ft. altitude.
Snow is now down to 2,000 ft/ and absolutely lovely to look at the mountains several hours away,,,,from my window in 70 degree weather.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2009, 11:12 PM   #26
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy thank you, no.

[QUOTE=theoddz;18776]Ugh. I detest snow.

I detest snow and ice. In fact, I talked to Mother this morning, who lives in Illinois, and she's snowed in today from last night's snow storm/blizzard. Her doors are all frozen shut and my sister is having to go over there and thaw them out with a hair dryer. Ugh. I hate snow/ice. Poor Mother.

~Theo~

doors were frozen closed today on my automobile. ugh. is right
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #27
torchiegirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 1,605 Times in 545 Posts
torchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputationtorchiegirl Has the BEST Reputation

I love the snow. I can not wait to make a snowman....rolling it through dead leaves and poop and then seeing my favorite scarf wrapped around it's neck.....or to go to the snow hill and wait for the squallin' to start.....good times, good times (really, they are. You look back and can finally laugh at it all when you were certain at that time you were going to have a nervous breakdown)
torchiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 PM   #28
Mindy

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
Single

Mindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST ReputationMindy Has the BEST Reputation

I would love it, IF and only IF it could snow when it was 80 degrees out, and still stay on the ground being all purdy! I just hate cold and I hate shoveling.

I feel like doing this to people who actually pray for snow! Bad bad bad people.... lol

Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mindy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #29
Jett

How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Growing up in Minnesota (Minnesnowta right) I have seen, driven in... played in and cursed while being simultaneously awed by more than my fair share of the white stuff.

I don't hate or love it, but am very happy to have moved away from it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jett For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #30
Blaze

How Do You Identify?:
With my drivers Lic.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Gentleman.. Depends on the Situation.
Relationship Status:
Last Rodeo, what a ride, many sunrises & sunsets to be had...

Thanked 5,471 Times in 1,451 Posts
Blaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST ReputationBlaze Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love the snow, I just hop over the Yellow snow, usually left nice and pretty by the dogs!
That is when it snows here in Texas
Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #31
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

It's a love/hate thing..I love the beauty of the snow and how it can transform the landscape. I love how it blankets the earth in it's powder and then nurtures the earth with fresh water that we so desperately need. I don't care for the cold and ice it brings...
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:46 AM   #32
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Last year we had just over 145 inches (in one winter LOL)
60 inches is our average
last year we got over 20 inches by THANKSGIVING

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #33
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I posted snow and ice on the lake pictures!!!!!!!!
in gallery

and last year a business spraypainted the word "FREE" on a huge pile of snow

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #34
TheSqueeze

How Do You Identify?:
i am what i am
Relationship Status:
TeaPartyTart's Squeeze

TheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST ReputationTheSqueeze Has the BEST Reputation

I don't mind the snow so much but I do mind all of the things that go with it...the salt that mucks up the hardwood floors and stains my carpet in the car and makes the doggies paws sore, the ice that forms when the snow melts and re-freezes, the list goes on...
TheSqueeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #35
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I love watching snow fall and to see it when it's settled on the ground.

I hate walking in it though. I'm always worried it's covering dog/badger/fox/whatever shit.
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 AM   #36
lee07

How Do You Identify?:
Androgynous
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

lee07 is on a distinguished road

can you all believe that i didnt see snow until 5 years ago? and then i seen again this year, got caught in the blizzard tryin to go up to CO. blah lol i fell in love with it
Old 12-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #37
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Weather reports are known to change, but.....I really hope that ours doesn't. No snow until the day AFTER Christmas! Woot!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #38
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

....just got our first big snow....it's gorgeous

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #39
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

I like snow and white christmas , but please keep it out of this southern town .... we cannot handle it ...... we wouldn't have a piece of bread in the grocery store .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #40
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I love snow

Because

I DON'T HAVE ANY LOL

Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote