Old 11-18-2011, 09:19 PM   #61
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
For years, my dear Pop thought that giving his friends these little hard bricks of dry, chewy, sticky, cubed, candied, plastic-tasting so-called "fruitcake" was a really good idea. They're made in Claxton, Georgia, and have been around for something like 100 years. How this has happened, I have no idea. Apparently, there are some people who actually *like* these things. They'd make great door stoppers.

Me?? I'd only give them to someone whom I really, really didn't like.

I think this stuff would survive years and years of re-gifting. The shelf life of them has to be at least 25 years. They probably stock them in fallout shelters.

~Theo~
I love fruitcake.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #62
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I love fruitcake.

I can understand liking some fruitcakes. There are some I really like, but....The Claxton breed??? Oh no.

You'd be pulling it out of and from between your teeth 'til perdition.

Oh, and I saw this the other day, out here at MY COMMISSARY!!!!

<insert theme to "Jaws" here>

It looks suspiciously like The Claxton Fruitcake...."born again" into a Hostess wrapper. I think it is trying to deceive us and ride on the coat tails of The Twinkie.

Pop said that he likes this stuff with his coffee. I think he's using the coffee to soak it out of his teeth.

~Theo~
Old 11-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #63
Daktari

I can't abide holiday food. Turkey, unless it's a top dollar free range rare breed bird, is so bland. Last year we had a rather voluptuous paella.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #64
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Thanked 1,565 Times in 380 Posts
persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I can't abide holiday food. Turkey, unless it's a top dollar free range rare breed bird, is so bland. Last year we had a rather voluptuous paella.

paella is not paella unless it is voluptuous.
persiphone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #65
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

persiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputationpersiphone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Worst Thanksgiving dinner, my ex's mom does not like to cook, but would insist on 'cooking' Holiday dinners.

The menu:
Appetizers of celery filled with spray cheese and deviled eggs with miracle whip.
Turkey cooked on high heat, so she doesn't have to get up early. It comes out of the oven like jerky.
Ham in a crockpot covered in a jar of those bar cherries.
Instant mashed potatoes.
Gravy from a jar.
Canned veggies, bad enough, but she would then nuke them beyond recognition.
Dessert of thawed frozen chocolate pie.

you just described my mother
Old 11-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #66
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by persiphone View Post
paella is not paella unless it is voluptuous.
You are correct. It should 'relax' into the bowl like risotto and be resplendent with serious quantities of seafood.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #67
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
I must admit, my grandmother is notorious for the jello "whathehellisthat" dishes. There's usually a variety of it not only on the holidays but for every Sunday dinner as well. (Which is probably another reason I quit going to Sunday dinner.) Especially cauliflower. She has a thing for cauliflower.

hahahahahahaaaaa @ "whathehellisthat" dishes
Old 11-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #68
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss July View Post
Ok I gotta say................what's up that NASTY green been casserole sheeeit???
(I will admit I have never ventured to even try it)

right?! nothing says tasty like green beans with a can of glop dumped on them topped with fried....onions from a can? why? who does this? just pee on the turkey while you're at it :P
Old 11-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #69
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2luvgirls View Post
well one yr my sister called herself trying to impress some dude, so she made some baked Ziti.. she thinks its her best dish *rolls eyes*... well she had us comeover as a dinner party on christmas eve and as we began to eat, I noticed it was real crunchy!! wtf its not supposed to be crunchy?.. I know something is wrong because when she cooks if you dont find her hair or somfin its a good dish lol.. I pull out glass from my mouth its bleeding and all.. and my sister is giving me the stank eye.. like "dont say shit Ri!" kinda thing.. but I was scared to keep eating.. I did SMH.
when it was over I was like WTF April and she said I dropped the dish on the floor when I took it out of the oven.. so not only was I eating glass.. it was dirty glass off the floor and so was the ziti.. its not right I tell ya..
LMAOOOOOOOOO
Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #70
Inked_Trinity

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BadAss! / Sarcastic Bastard!

Thanked 6,924 Times in 1,817 Posts
Inked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST ReputationInked_Trinity Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
right?! nothing says tasty like green beans with a can of glop dumped on them topped with fried....onions from a can? why? who does this? just pee on the turkey while you're at it :P
SOOOOOOO NOT coming to your house for turkey dinner!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:37 AM   #71
Daktari

Quote:
... just pee on the turkey while you're at it :P
Tenderises that battery farmed flesh dunnit!

Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #72
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

one year i took my son camping in Zion for the week of thanksgiving.....hauled up the smoker, smoked the turkey...it was divine..kept the left overs. when i got home i threw some leftover turkey into soup not thinking. smoked turkey soup is dis.gusting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persiphone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #73
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked_Trinity View Post
SOOOOOOO NOT coming to your house for turkey dinner!

sorry...no canned "foods" at my table lol
Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #74
Daktari

Quote:
one year i took my son camping in Zion for the week of thanksgiving.....hauled up the smoker, smoked the turkey...it was divine..kept the left overs. when i got home i threw some leftover turkey into soup not thinking. smoked turkey soup is dis.gusting.
Smoking the bird might just tempt me to eat it for the first time in donkey's years.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #75
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
Smoking the bird might just tempt me to eat it for the first time in donkey's years.

i smoked it with applewood smoked wood and it was an organic bird raised on a family owned farm. yes, i'm a turkey snob and i rarely eat turkey as well. battery birds don't appeal to me no matter how well it's prepared.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #76
Daktari

Quote:
i smoked it with applewood smoked wood and it was an organic bird raised on a family owned farm. yes, i'm a turkey snob and i rarely eat turkey as well. battery birds don't appeal to me no matter how well it's prepared.
I really should make myself a smoker...I lurve smoked foods.

I don't understand how anyone can eat battery raised fowl. When it comes to meat (fish, fowl or fauna), you get what you pay for.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #77
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
I really should make myself a smoker...I lurve smoked foods.

I don't understand how anyone can eat battery raised fowl. When it comes to meat (fish, fowl or fauna), you get what you pay for.
yes but smoked fish is BLICK
Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #78
Daktari

Quote:
yes but smoked fish is BLICK
Smoked mackerel is yummy. As are Arbroath smokies. Not forgetting smoked salmon and caviar with scrambled eggs. Smoked cod loin is also rather good. Smoked haddock (undyed) poached in milk and butter and then parsley sauce made from the milk is delish.

You dunno what yer missing persi
Old 11-19-2011, 11:13 AM   #79
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

Quote:
Smoked mackerel is yummy. As are Arbroath smokies. Not forgetting smoked salmon and caviar with scrambled eggs. Smoked cod loin is also rather good. Smoked haddock (undyed) poached in milk and butter and then parsley sauce made from the milk is delish.

You dunno what yer missing persi

alright i'll try it but i'm not making any promises
Old 11-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #80
persiphone
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
on a hedonistic hiatus

worst holiday cake ever invented. yes, those are corn nuts. corn nuts! on a cake! gah!