Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #101
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

Today I went for a walk at the park with a pack of 4/5/6 graders and swung as high as I could - for an hour.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #102
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

Well I did a partial workout. I have a few more bicep curls and I'll be finished for the day.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #103
DaddiBear

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
A gentlemn
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

DaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST ReputationDaddiBear Has the BEST Reputation

My exercise today was going up and down the stairs repeatedly doing laundry...lol
DaddiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaddiBear For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #104
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

Walking around all day- and funnily enough, to the gym by my apartment to see if i want to get a membership there.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #105
SuddenlyWestFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

SuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had my first pole dance exercise class today. It was surprisingly fun! And I bet I'm going to be a bit sore tomorrow.
SuddenlyWestFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SuddenlyWestFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #106
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuddenlyWestFemme View Post
I had my first pole dance exercise class today. It was surprisingly fun! And I bet I'm going to be a bit sore tomorrow.
Was it a Brass Ovaries class?

Those are supposed to be wicked fun!

Let us know how the classes go.

For myself, I'm still battling some major crud so my main form of exercise (besides walking tons, which I do every day I work) is defining my abs through the practice of coughing my lungs up.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #107
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquisdeShey View Post
Today I went for a walk at the park with a pack of 4/5/6 graders and swung as high as I could - for an hour.
Last time I was on a swing set I realized it was a heck of an ab workout. (The next day)
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #108
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I walked.....from the bedroom to the living room....feels like miles today....tomorrow will be better....just wish I could have an iron infusion...lol
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #109
SuddenlyWestFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

SuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuddenlyWestFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Was it a Brass Ovaries class?

Those are supposed to be wicked fun!

It was a Devine Movement class. Teaches Boudior and Pole. It really was wicked fun! (love the east coast slang!) Of course this morning, my upper arms and core ache and it was only the first beginners class. Ugh and lol.
SuddenlyWestFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuddenlyWestFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #110
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Hip Hop Abs, and a very rainy walk with Obi, who now smells like wet dog (because he is one), despite three fluffy towels...He did not enjoy the rain, at all.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #111
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I start a 10-week fitness "bootcamp" on Monday. It's not just exercise, it incorporates a nutrition component as well. I'm a bit apprehensive, it looks like a VERY intense program...but I'm also pretty excited about it too. The people that I've met who have done the program, or who are still doing it now, all seem like one big family. And the results are just amazing! How I look has never mattered to me...but I know I've been ignoring what is best for my health for some time now so I'm especially looking forward to feeling better.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #112
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I start a 10-week fitness "bootcamp" on Monday. It's not just exercise, it incorporates a nutrition component as well. I'm a bit apprehensive, it looks like a VERY intense program...but I'm also pretty excited about it too. The people that I've met who have done the program, or who are still doing it now, all seem like one big family. And the results are just amazing! How I look has never mattered to me...but I know I've been ignoring what is best for my health for some time now so I'm especially looking forward to feeling better.
I could SO use this! enjoy
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #113
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

does dancing in the kitchen while I did chores count?
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #114
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I took that walk again at lunch where I go alongside the Hudson to where it opens into New York Harbor. The paved path winds past restaurants, little harbors with boats, mazes of tulips and benches; you get the picture. The water was choppy and slapping at the pilings. I stopped this time to walk through the memorial to the Irish Famine, which is built around an excavated stone house. The weather was spectacular. There's nothing like New York on a clear day. When you can see forever.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #115
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Last time I was on a swing set I realized it was a heck of an ab workout. (The next day)
I totally understand. I am also terrified by the time I reach full height! It's a mental workout too!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #116
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I met up with a friend/former colleague for a 4-mile hike round the reservoir basin at Mt. Tom. We chatted and laughed and caught up on the last couple of years and walked a 15-min/mile pace. The first substantial outdoor exercise I've had since the onset of winter. It was sunny but so windy and brisk. I was glad I was wearing layers. It was invigorating, I could have done another 4-mile loop. I might go again for a double loop tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #117
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Mind & The Body

Over the past few days, due learning about the health condition of my youngest brother who I guess is now diabetic, I began to rethink my position on certain items I have always told myself that I must have, daily. Like coffee. Sometimes I drink too much coffee. So anyway, I am making a change in my own thinking processes about why I think I need to have coffee with copious amounts of sweetness and I've come to the conclusion that I really need to change that part of my health behaviors.

So I am going to drink more water and less coffee and place stringent limits on my coffee consumption.

In exercise news (for my body):

I decided that I need to walk differently; in that I need to do a bit of breathing exercises too - so that I can get my body metabolism to reach new heights - while walking on a daily basis.

I experimented with doing that, breathing differently while walking, and I found out that I felt better when I breathed deeply while walking. I guess I haven't been breathing too deeply, except when out of breath while trying to climb up hills or stairs. But I was thinking that I breathe deeply when I'm doing my jumping routines on the trampoline, which causes me to burn more calories and so, the scientist in me decided that I needed to do that when I'm walking, too. I get a bit sweaty when I'm doing that now, breathing deeper while walking, but I think it's making a difference. Especially since I made changes with drinking more water.

In short: Drinking more water and getting sweaty while walking now makes me more aware of the fact that I need better shoes for walking and if I keep doing what I'm doing, at least I will feel better and hopefully by summer, look a bit better too. For certain, since I changed what I am doing this week, I definately feel better on a day to day basis.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #118
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Now that we aare haveing such nice warm weather,I cn be outside more,yesterday I played with my fur kids a while then shot hoops till I felt a pinch in my right shoulder when I shot a right hand hook shot so I quit for the day( I played for a soild half Hour).Today (sunbday) I will do more of the same but will go nordic walking for a bit to get started in ernest about exersiseing.I didn't really put out much effort dureing the winter cause of the bad arthritis prob I had,I could have done it I just chickened out.I only gained 7 pounds dureing that time so even with that is o.k. not 20 or more like I usely do.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #119
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I was planning to go to the gym for a run on the treadmill today but when I took the dog out for his walk I realized it was actually quite mild, despite being grey and windy.

I decided to hop on the bike path and walk 2-miles down the hill to the market for a few groceries I needed and back again, as my exercise for today.

Seen: 1 black bear, 1 ginormous skunk.

I see black bears every spring and every autumn, just a block from my house in a densely wooded section of land that the bike path cuts through. For a couple of weeks, twice a year, it's like a bear super highway out there. I've become quite accustomed to them. And so long as they're a fair distance away, I think it's pretty amazing to share the space with them.

The skunk, however, gave me pause... I considered re-routing and going a mile or so out of my way (skunks can move really quickly and you don't need to be terribly close to get sprayed) but it had scurried up the embankment about 15-ft away, I stuck to the far outer edge of the path and picked up my pace to pass it.

I guess everyone is up from their long winters' nap.

(Me included.)
Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #120
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

My daughter has gotten into competitive swimming. She will be swimming for a local team this summer, then for her high school next fall. In order to actually teach her to swim correctly (she's never had a formal lesson), I hired a trainer. I see a lot of difference just in two sessions. You never know, Michael Phelps had to start somewhere!

Anyway, we meet at UALR's pool, and after the lesson, she got permission to hang around and dive, just fool around. And so did I! It felt so great to swim laps again, much like meeting an old friend. I like to imagine my problems and challenges written on cement blocks that fall off of me as I go, making me lighter and faster. I picture them small and manageable down at the bottom of the pool. When I'm done, not only have I exhausted myself in a good way, worked out my body, but at the least I can feel a little better about what I'm struggling with.

I know I've been dealing with depression for most of the winter. To get out of this, I've tried to remember what I was doing when I felt my happiest and most joyful. One thing was that I was extremely active. At one point, I was a runner, dancer and a swimmer, though not on a competitive level. I was just always going. When I retired from dance, and thus from all the rest of that, I lost myself. I told my counselor that I wanted to find myself again, and I suspect that in the pool is one way to do it.

For me, it's not even about getting in shape or losing weight. If I think like that, I'll quit. I call those laps (or dance, or running-if I can run again) a kind of meditation.

Tags
exercise, weights