Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,840 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket26 View Post
miss fishers murder mysteries
I caught this on PBS. Loved the trip back to a different era.
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #222
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Twin Peaks to the end..finally. Ending sucked! I'm glad Showtime is doing a mini series. Hopefully it'll tidy up loose ends...
Old 12-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #223
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

In the past I have watched The Crown, Reign, and now The Tudors.

They are very well done...but, I have to say The Tudors is more descriptive with their depiction on the ways of torture and forms of execution, that it actually put a lump in my chest and throat.

I can not imagine living in that time frame or grasp the concept of how they justified their actions ...or lived with themselves after carrying out and witnessing such horror
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #224
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

I too watched Reign, I thought it was a great story depicting such a sweet love. The story has an innocents and purity of heart (the leading characters) that I found charming.

I also enjoyed the Miss Fishers murder mysteries. A free-spirited woman with a wonderful sense of style.

Awhile back I watched Penny Dreadful A great story weaving in old horror themes in a most inventive steampunk sort of way. A great story with superb actors.

Today I watched Medici, another well-done period piece by Netflix.
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #225
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post
I too watched Reign, I thought it was a great story depicting such a sweet love. The story has an innocents and purity of heart (the leading characters) that I found charming.

I also enjoyed the Miss Fishers murder mysteries. A free-spirited woman with a wonderful sense of style.

Awhile back I watched Penny Dreadful A great story weaving in old horror themes in a most inventive steampunk sort of way. A great story with superb actors.

Today I watched Medici, another well-done period piece by Netflix.
I liked Penny Dreadful...was sad to find it came to an end. However, they did a great job and ended it well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2016, 09:30 PM   #226
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

On Prime:

Flesh and Bones

It's about "Claire Robbins, a transcendent ballerina, capable of reaching the sublime, but her inner torment and aspirations drive her in compelling, unforeseeable ways, especially when confronted with Paul's ping-pong fits of ebullience and rage"

Her back story is that she escaped an abusive situation to pursue her dream of dance, but, did she really get away? hmmmm still watching...not my typical story line to watch. However, it has grabbed my attention.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #227
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Season 2 The Man in the High Castle on Amazon

So glad to find it streaming today. Popped up with an asthma flare-up and it is a great distraction. On episode 5...

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner

Last edited by *Anya*; 12-17-2016 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Typo
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2016, 11:35 PM   #228
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazingboi View Post
On Prime:

Flesh and Bones

It's about "Claire Robbins, a transcendent ballerina, capable of reaching the sublime, but her inner torment and aspirations drive her in compelling, unforeseeable ways, especially when confronted with Paul's ping-pong fits of ebullience and rage"

Her back story is that she escaped an abusive situation to pursue her dream of dance, but, did she really get away? hmmmm still watching...not my typical story line to watch. However, it has grabbed my attention.

Let me make sure that I forewarn people the topic is highly sensitive and may trigger those who have lived with abuse whether emotional/physical/ sexual. It isn't as graphic as some other movies...but, the story line is clear and the topic very real.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2016, 12:03 AM   #229
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I started The Colony on Netflix. I'm three episodes in. I like it so far, it's pretty interesting. I think if you like The Americans or The Man in the High Castle, you would like this.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2016, 06:11 AM   #230
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

God help me I started watching Grey's Anatomy again. And I popped in to watch OITNB again. Can't remember where I left off so I'm backtracking a bit. I'm trying to savor season 5 of Longmire since season 6 isn't out yet. Also still watching the Walking Dead but it's getting predictable. Which is why I can't watch House. I try to watch Bones but seems like I've seen every single one...I still get some Gilmore Girl action. Usually when I'm having a bad day and need a media hug
Old 12-18-2016, 04:02 PM   #231
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

I finally watched Argo...well worth the watch
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2016, 08:02 PM   #232
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching Arrow, and Flash Gordon.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2016, 08:43 PM   #233
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazingboi View Post
In the past I have watched The Crown, Reign, and now The Tudors.

They are very well done...but, I have to say The Tudors is more descriptive with their depiction on the ways of torture and forms of execution, that it actually put a lump in my chest and throat.

I can not imagine living in that time frame or grasp the concept of how they justified their actions ...or lived with themselves after carrying out and witnessing such horror
My favorite is the Crown out of all these you mentioned.
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2016, 07:42 PM   #234
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I started watching Pretty Little Liars..

It's juvenile and I hate myself for liking it but...God knows I would've started watching it forever ago if I'd known Holly Marie Combs was in it.....
Old 12-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #235
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,767 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Medici: Masters of Florence

Dustin Hoffman stars as Giovanni di Bicci de' Medici
It is very well done and lovely to look at

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2016, 12:29 PM   #236
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I watch anything with Vikings, Gladiators or Knights....gore galore. Now I'm getting ready for the Renaissance and some slightly less bloody cerebral backstabbing.

Yes, yes, I know they killed each other with pitiless glee but at least they did it under their cloaks in foggy cobblestone alleyways.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #237
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Today I watched, Mr. Church. Cast includes Eddie Murphy, Natascha McElhone, Britt Robertson & Lucy Fry. For me, it was a very touching movie.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #238
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Watched "Fauda" recently. Six episodes, heads get blown off, nobody wins, nobody learns anything...and the next generation of Israelis and Palestinians step up to bat.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2016, 05:52 PM   #239
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I started watching Pretty Little Liars..

It's juvenile and I hate myself for liking it but...God knows I would've started watching it forever ago if I'd known Holly Marie Combs was in it.....
From Charmed? I really liked her.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #240
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
From Charmed? I really liked her.
Me tooooo

I started watching Grey's Anatomy...which I started watching years ago...

I just realized I know more medical jargon than I realized...or else I have wicked AWESOME recall from many years ago. Either way...I'm awesome