Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #41
hpychick

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine with a hammer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Girly Stuff
Relationship Status:
Jesse's Girl. She asked! I said yes!

Location: Minneapolis! Or as I like to call it - Many Happiness!
Thanked 1,417 Times in 499 Posts
hpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputationhpychick Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I love the winter olympics. I just wish it didn't have to be so cold when they have them!

hpychick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hpychick For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #42
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm sad about the Georgian luger who slammed into a steel pole, dying a short time later.

The Opening Ceremonies are about to begin!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #43
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

We are headed over to some lovely folks' home to watch the opening ceremonies.

People are bringing dishes of food to represent many Nations.

I'm gonna bring an American herb.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #44
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I'm sad about the Georgian luger who slammed into a steel pole, dying a short time later.

The Opening Ceremonies are about to begin!!!!
I know! They said he was going about 90 mph before he hit. How devastating for his family, his team, the sport and the Olympics.

I wonder if there is a curse beginning because at the last Olympics, a civilian was killed, although it was not by an athlete. Methinks I'm a bit paranoid today.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #45
Rook

How Do You Identify?:
A.G - Stone Butch - GenderFuck
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym, Hyz...or, just b respectable, it's not that hard..

Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,287 Posts
Rook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST ReputationRook Has the BEST Reputation

lovin the olympics opening so far.....kinda tragic..yet beautiful...

cant believe they actually showed the way he died...
I cringed with every replay ...

But the First Nations intro. , breathtaking...
Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #46
Curley

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, hey you lol

Curley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST ReputationCurley Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook View Post
lovin the olympics opening so far.....kinda tragic..yet beautiful...

cant believe they actually showed the way he died...
I cringed with every replay ...

But the First Nations intro. , breathtaking...
I agree the first nations intro was awesome...
I am proud to be a lesbian Canadian....it's not perfect but its a good start, see
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/spo.../82618992.html
pretty cool eh?

Curley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Curley For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #47
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WHALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #48
IrishGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme Leatherdyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
In a relationship/non-monogamous

Thanked 1,209 Times in 366 Posts
IrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST ReputationIrishGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

BREATHTAKING!!! Wow, what I wouldnt give to be there in person!!!
IrishGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 PM   #49
amiyesiam

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/they
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 10,138 Times in 2,161 Posts
amiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputationamiyesiam Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WHALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
all of it

OMG!!!!!!!!

A year from now you will wish that you started today~Karen Lamb
amiyesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 PM   #50
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Whoever wrote that intro owes me some tissue. That's all I have to say.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #51
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

It was very creative. I loved the skiers, snowboarders coming down the mountain but are really just being held by wires, and such and the mountain has a video of different sports. Wayyy cool.

The man who recited his poem about Canada...awesome!

I feel for the luger who was killed. I am surprised that the accident was shown in full. I cannot imagine being his mother, father, sibling, relative, or friend and seeing that in full. Horrible. Some things just should not be shown out of common curtesy. But that is just me.

Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 01:31 AM   #52
Toughy

How Do You Identify?:
pervert butch feminist woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
see above
Relationship Status:
independent entity

Thanked 7,656 Times in 1,522 Posts
Toughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST ReputationToughy Has the BEST Reputation

I hate NBC..............hate them..........

Opening Ceremonies start at 730p my ass............I had to put up with an hour and a half of bullshit human interest blah blah blah before we got to see a taped version of the Opening Ceremonies. We are in the same time zone..........

I wish we could just get the events without all the commentary and stupid stories.........

I actually liked this Opening better than the Bejing opening............and guess what............as I am typing the taped version is still going on only now it's just the Olympic officials going blah blah blah........it's 1130p and the athletes and officials are really already in bed............
I will not assimilate

Toughy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:12 AM   #53
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

Why did they delay it for viewing on NBC for 3 hours? I'm in the same time zone for goodness sake! I also agree about too much commentary. Just let us watch it, NBC.

Aside from the mechanical malfunction, I thought the entire ceremony was amazing. I wanna go play with lights now!

cara
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:27 AM   #54
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, I thought it was at 7:30PM my time Toughy. The way they announced it fooled me!

*Oh well, LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!!

Thanks Diva for this thread! I'm very happy there is one. (YOU... are a sports fan...? )

(*Teasing... kind of.)
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #55
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Well, if you don't like NBC, you could watch Canada's feed from CTV: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/tv-online-listings/index.html

I was trying to see if the CBC had a feed but can't find it. IMO, it sucks that CTV has it as they don't plan for the audience level online but perhaps that's just me.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:34 AM   #56
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

cool clip about how each of the medals are an original design and a women's organization that was commissioned to design the victory bouquets
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #57
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I love being Canadian, and I'm very proud of what a good job we did on the opening ceremonies last night
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #58
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedon View Post
I love being Canadian, and I'm very proud of what a good job we did on the opening ceremonies last night

I missed the ceremonies last night and noticed on CBC's website that the national anthem was done differently. A lot of comments suggested it was "awful". Was it that bad?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #59
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I wouldnt say it was bad, though I guess everyone has their own opinion of how it was done ............. I had no complaints about how the anthem was sung
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #60
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrCA0HK-yO0"]YouTube- Vancouver Olympics 2010 (I Believe - Nikki Yanofsky)[/ame]